PDA

View Full Version : SWEED Waived

BIGNASTY91
08-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Limas Sweed and Eugene Bright have been waived, and DB Kevin dockery, and DB Macho Harris have been signed.

Wallabeast17
08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
:thumbsup:Limas Sweed and Eugene Bright have been waived, and DB Kevin dockery, and DB Macho Harris have been signed.

Just about to post this haha. Good news now we can finally stop the Sweed expirement! It is over people live peacefully now!
EDIT: I hope these DBs can make the field?

finesward
08-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Beat me by a couple minutes...mod's feel free to remove my thread :)

theplatypus
08-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Damn, sucks to miss on a high draft pick

finesward
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Just further proof colbert and the rooneys are complete....IDIOTS....

Deserei90
08-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Just further proof colbert and the rooneys are complete....IDIOTS....:doh: Come on now, Was that really necessary?

theplatypus
08-17-2011, 10:59 AM
:doh: Come on now, Was that really necessary?

I'm pretty sure that you just fell victim to the lack of a sarcasm emoticon.

Fire Arians
08-17-2011, 11:02 AM
cotchery is where it's at then

Fire Arians
08-17-2011, 11:03 AM

yeah cause antonio brown, mike wallace, and emmanuel sanders were complete busts.

DanRooney
08-17-2011, 11:07 AM
it's unfortunate that injuries got in the way of him getting another shot.

Wallabeast17
08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
yeah cause antonio brown, mike wallace, and emmanuel sanders were complete busts.

and Pouncey , Ben, Troy, Timmons, just about everyone on the team! Why can't we get those people from the Browns/Raiders/Bills, etc. front offices, clearly ours has no idea what they are doing!! :rofl:

MasterOfPuppets
08-17-2011, 11:37 AM
SWEEEEED !!!
http://jhovillamiel.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/man-crying.jpg

Steelers>NFL
08-17-2011, 11:53 AM

Dumb post by a jabroni... :banging:

LVSteelersfan
08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Watch out. The Ravens are going to pick him up and he will turn into the next Derick Mason for them. That is my nightmare. I still don't think he is as bad as his rep. Injuries derailed his Steeler career.

steelfury02
08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Nothing has hurt him more than the emergence of Sanders and Brown. Someone will give him a shot and then he'll be out of football faster than we can spell Willie Parker.

fer522
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
i like the guy but i don't think he has what it takes to play in the NFL

wyn50
08-17-2011, 03:27 PM
he dropped important balls at him and was hurt too much.
colbert is not perfect and he has a good percentage picking good players.

55BaileyFan
08-17-2011, 03:43 PM
I knew it. Not a shocker at all, I just hope at least one of these DBs can get on the field.

PhantomJB93
08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
I honestly do believe that, a few years from now (assuming he can stick with it), he can still be a good receiver. If he can seriously work on his catching, he has top receiver potential. With all the young receivers here now, Pittsburgh wasn't the place to resurect (maybe that isn't the right word since it never really took off, but still) his career.

stb_steeler
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Watch out. The Ravens are going to pick him up and he will turn into the next Derick Mason for them. That is my nightmare. I still don't think he is as bad as his rep. Injuries derailed his Steeler career.

Kind of hard to believe that when hes hurt AGAIN!.....I dont think you'll have to worry about that.

solardave
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Don't forget Pouncey!And on the other side there's Woodley,&Timmons. Damn what a bunch of Idiots.

55BaileyFan
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/08/roster-moves.html

ricardisimo
08-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Someone else is going to sign him now, and he'll wind up being the next Troy Edwards. Oh, whoa is us...

Atlanta Dan
08-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Sweed had become a running joke once he faked an injury after dropping a sure TD pass in the Ravens AFC championship game, but Gerry Dulac of the P-G has a story that portrays Sweed as a pretty sad case

Sweed was a good guy

He’s a good kid and a hard worker, but he could never get past the personal demons that caused him to be so hard on himself, caused him to try so hard that he couldn’t even execute the simplest task of his trade – catch the ball....

The Steelers held on to him all these years for the same reason they drafted him – thinking that one day all that physical talent will start to bloom. But, he had no chance to make the team this year. In the end, he had become a loner, something of a lost soul who didn't seem to fraternize with his teammates.

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

Fire Arians
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Someone else is going to sign him now, and he'll wind up being the next Troy Edwards. Oh, whoa is us...

how dare you compare him to troy edwards. edwards at least caught a touchdown pass :chuckle:

BKAnthem
08-17-2011, 07:18 PM
if he had something , he was in the perfect offense to show it...

steelcityboyz
08-17-2011, 07:27 PM
How many chances can you give someone? The Steelers made the right move. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs, I wish Sweed all the luck in the world.

Fire Arians
08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
How many chances can you give someone? The Steelers made the right move. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs, I wish Sweed all the luck in the world.

same, unless he's playing for baltimore, cleveland, or new england, then I'll hope he falls off a bridge

SoCalFan
08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Dam,I really wanted to chant- SWEED SWEED SWEED!!!!

Steelersfan87
08-17-2011, 09:52 PM
How many chances can you give someone?

Nobody has had a chance to see Sweed in a gametime scenario since December '09. I'm surprised that they didn't even give him a chance to play in a preseason game.

ricardisimo
08-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Nobody has had a chance to see Sweed in a gametime scenario since December '09. I'm surprised that they didn't even give him a chance to play in a preseason game.
What are you talking about? Didn't even give him a chance? He was hurt. Again.

Steelersfan87
08-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Read what I said again. I said that nobody has had a chance to see him in a game in a long time, not nobody ever gave him a chance. Regardless, I still believe that they should have not made this move at this time. There are plenty of other players that they could have cut to make the moves that they made.

ricardisimo
08-18-2011, 12:38 AM
:hatsoff:

Steelersfan87
08-18-2011, 01:00 AM
:hatsoff:

Well, that part is legitimately true. He practiced and was scheduled to play tonight. His release does not give him a chance to play in a preseason game, does it? That is not me saying that the organization never gave him a chance. They helped him significantly with his mental issues and supported him through his achilles injury last year.

pancake
08-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Sweed had become a running joke once he faked an injury after dropping a sure TD pass in the Ravens AFC championship game, but Gerry Dulac of the P-G has a story that portrays Sweed as a pretty sad case

Sweed was a good guy

He’s a good kid and a hard worker, but he could never get past the personal demons that caused him to be so hard on himself, caused him to try so hard that he couldn’t even execute the simplest task of his trade – catch the ball....

The Steelers held on to him all these years for the same reason they drafted him – thinking that one day all that physical talent will start to bloom. But, he had no chance to make the team this year. In the end, he had become a loner, something of a lost soul who didn't seem to fraternize with his teammates.

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers

The old cause/effect scenario...

Would his career been different if he catches that pass?

Who knows...

Acerinox
08-18-2011, 03:15 AM
Mental, pure and simple. Didn't have the grit for the NFL.
Which of us can say that we do?
Shame.
All together now ... SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

pete74
08-18-2011, 04:42 AM
i said weeks ago when alot of people were getting on the yearly sweed train that he would never make it. he dosnt have what it takes and never will

Steelerfreak58
08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Tearing your Achilles as a WR is pretty much a death sentence for your career.

Third Rail
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
They should form an NFL Bust team that all the other teams can play one week during the season to ensure than no real NFL team ever goes 0-16 again. Sweed, Aaron Maybin and Matt Leinart would be perfect for it.

What could they call them and where would they be based? Hmmm...

Birmingham Busts?

Fallston Failures?

Dundalk Disappointments?

thumper
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Tearing your Achilles as a WR is pretty much a death sentence for your career.

He sucked ass before he ever tore anything. I am not convinced he
would have ever done shit, torn ACH or not. Another FAIL in Pgh's
2nd round picks. There are many of them. FAIL.

steelbad@50
08-20-2011, 10:20 AM

If u want to see Sweed in game time action u can do it yourself. First get a football, secondly cup it in your hands, now as fast as u can spread your arms apart like u are mimicking an airplane. There u have it:wink02: