PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tickets

tburhans
08-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Been looking all over for tix for the nov 6th game against the ravens but everybody wants an arm and a leg for tix. Anybody have some advice on how to get tix at a reasonable cost?. I live about 6 hours from pitt so scalping makes me a little nervous. Wouldnt want to drive that far to sit in the nosebleeds lol

55BaileyFan
08-17-2011, 07:53 PM
If you don't care where you sit then just buy them from scalpers the day of the game. If you want lower levels then you will have to pay an arm and a leg. I usually pay 200 to 300 per ticket for lower levels,but you can get nose bleeds for 50-75.

tburhans
08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Where is the best place to buy lower level tix? Stubhub?

meanfish
08-18-2011, 02:41 AM
You won't get a Steeler ticket for $50 unless they lose a lot early. This isn't Buffalo or Cincy.

blackandgoldsc
08-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I too would like to know about scalping tickets on gameday. I am also trying to come up for the Ravens game. Last year I bought from stubhub and paid a ton to sit way up high. I felt like I was part of air traffic control I was so high.

Are there lower level tickets that get scalped on gameday and if so (assuming a decent to good season) what would be a common rate for them when being scalped? Also, what are the chances of buying 4 together?

zsheik22
08-18-2011, 07:21 AM
I got 4. Spent entirely too much on stubhub :(

ebsteelers
08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
last year playoff game i was section 519 tickets were a total of 290 including 25 shipping.
132.5 a ticket with out shipping. got the tickets the day before the game.

use ebay. and if you do it now you have a better chance at getting them cheaper as people arent thinking that far ahead.

SteelCityMom
08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Where is the best place to buy lower level tix? Stubhub?

That's a good place to check at least. You're going to pay a lot for that game regardless...because demand is so high for those tickets.

You'll have to pay a shipping charge with stub hub, but I think you have to do that with TicketMaster as well (I could be wrong). Stub Hub sometimes has great prices on tickets...but not always. Depends on the game.

For ticket exchange (through TicketMaster), the cheapest lower level seats (only 1 available) was in section 103 for $218. The next best (4 available) is in section 143 for $225/ticket.

The cheapest lower level tickets (they're in the 200's) on Stub Hub are close to $250.

So in this case, it seems your best bet would be to check out TicketMasters ticket exchange site and order them there. There may be a couple of sites that offer them cheaper, but I don't know how trustworthy they are.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/InventoryBrowse/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Tickets-at-Heinz-Field-in-Pittsburgh?PID=1117640

I wouldn't trust scalpers either...and I live in the city. I'm not too keen on trying e-bay either, because that's a buyer beware system as well. If you can find a reputable seller that has tickets for cheap, go for it...I'm just wary of doing business with people I don't know, online. It's probably worth the little bit of extra money to have peace of mind about the tickets you're getting.

fastrod
08-18-2011, 10:25 PM
I went to some games last year and got my tickets from ticketmaster anywhere from 6 days to 1 day before the game. I paid $90 to $100 a seat for lower level.