PDA

View Full Version : MIKE WALLACE vs DESEAN JACKSON

Steel-Bryan
08-18-2011, 03:22 PM
In an argument. Who do you guys think is better? And who is faster?

steeltheone
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Desean Jackson at this point! Mike is coming on!

solardave
08-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I'd take Wallace. Jackson reminds me to much of Holmes.

Fire Arians
08-18-2011, 04:04 PM
jackson at this point in their careers is a more complete receiver. i'd rather have wallace though, i think he has potential to be better.

wallace is definitely faster but they are both gone if they get an open field

thumper
08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Jackson is WAY more of a complete baller at this point. No knock
on Wallace, but he isn't at DJ's level right now.

Rick5895
08-18-2011, 04:25 PM
IMO Wallace is the better all around reciever. His route running improved last season to the point he is now considered our #1 wide out. He BLOCKS, something you see very little of from Jackson. He is humble and not at all like the self promoting Jackson. Wallace is still working on his rookie contract, which he has outplayed, but he keeps coming to work putting TEAM ahead of himself, Jackson holds out and acts like a spoiled brat, NO, I will take Wallace any time over Jackson.

:tt:

Corey120120
08-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Wallace is a Steeler, therefore he is better :tt03: :tt02:

Wallace17
08-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Loving me some wallace, Desean is a circus act and a bum. Reminds me of T.O.. Mike in my world is much faster.

Wallabeast17
08-18-2011, 06:27 PM
IMO Wallace is the better all around reciever. His route running improved last season to the point he is now considered our #1 wide out. He BLOCKS, something you see very little of from Jackson. He is humble and not at all like the self promoting Jackson. Wallace is still working on his rookie contract, which he has outplayed, but he keeps coming to work putting TEAM ahead of himself, Jackson holds out and acts like a spoiled brat, NO, I will take Wallace any time over Jackson.

Very well stated! I mean look at interviews with Wallace, he puts the team ahead of himself, no doubt he has great character. When you look at the interview stating he wants a 2,000 yards recieving in one year, hes not being ****y, hes just stating a goal for himself to be the best and for the team to be at it's best. Great young kid!! :tt03:

ebsteelers
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
i think wallace is straight line faster... jackson is quicker

cloppbeast
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
I like having Wallace. He's humble, he's a hard worker, he's not a knuckle-head, he never dropped the ball before on the 1 yard line before entering the end-zone.......

DeSean probably has more talent than Mike, but Mike will end up as the better WR if he isn't already.

ggoldman
08-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Wallace only has 1 less receiving TD from 1 less year of play, and Jackson was a starting receiver from day 1, so id say Wallace is a better receiver

jwmann2
08-20-2011, 12:29 AM
They are both comparable speeds, Wallace has better size and hands. Plus he's not a diva like Desean will be in the future....

SteelerEmpire
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Mike Wallace 2010 Stats: (Ben missed 4 games)

Rec. 60
Yds 1257
Avg. 21.0
Long 56
TD's 10

Desean Jackson 2010 Stats:

Rec. 47
Yds 1056
Avg. 22.5
Long 91
TD's 6

Wallace was better last year...

pittguy578
08-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Loving me some wallace, Desean is a circus act and a bum. Reminds me of T.O.. Mike in my world is much faster.

Desean is not a bum, and T.O. was the best overall receiver in last 10 years. He may have ran his mouth, but he backed it up and no one ever doubted his work ethic. People forget he learned trained with/learned from Jerry Rice.

thumper
08-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Have you guys even watching both these guys play? DJ also is a top
level kick and punt returner. MW is a like a modern day Lofton or Alvin
Harper - both great players but they all only do 1 thing: go deep. DJ can
do much, much more. He is more explosive over all. I like MW just fine.
Love him, in fact. But DJ is the better over all player.

steelerjim58
08-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I think the heart of the question here was meant to be which is the better reciever. While I think it is to early to tell, I would go with Wallace. He is bigger and I hope will get stronger as he matures. Someone compared him to James Lofton, well I will take that everyday. As for jackson I would say he is pretty much a go deep guy also, to only have 47 catches in a pass happy offense like Philly says something about his ability to get open, IMO.

DanRooney
08-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Runs crossing pattern (not a deep route):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPTFusnXDso

Diagnoses blitz, is Ben's hot read (not a deep route):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgj8hfcaxgQ

If you think MW can only run go routes, you're sadly mistaken. He also is great at coming back to the ball and adjusting to underthrown balls. His money. DeSean Jackson just gets the notoriety because he's on the Eagles. Our offense is ugly compared to theirs. We say he "only goes deep" because he's the best in the league at it. If you can get 7 points in a flash and be successful at it, why wouldn't you keep doing it?

thumper
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Runs crossing pattern (not a deep route):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPTFusnXDso

Diagnoses blitz, is Ben's hot read (not a deep route):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgj8hfcaxgQ

If you think MW can only run go routes, you're sadly mistaken. He also is great at coming back to the ball and adjusting to underthrown balls. His money. DeSean Jackson just gets the notoriety because he's on the Eagles. Our offense is ugly compared to theirs. We say he "only goes deep" because he's the best in the league at it. If you can get 7 points in a flash and be successful at it, why wouldn't you keep doing it?

Of course you can find a few plays that are not go routes. But the
vast majority of his plays are, or, the ones that work any ways. On
4th down in the Super Bowl, they tried some shorter pass play
for MW and it ended up an incompletion to end our chances. The
play sucked; never had a chance.

I am not complaining about MW at all. Love that they got lucky on the
pick. But I am just saying that DJ is the slightly better player. Great
players make great plays when they count most. DJ leads in the category.
Many players can make plays when they are on top. Great ones make
the plays during crunch time. MW did _not_ get it done in the Super Bowl.

thumper
08-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Mike Wallace 2010 Stats: (Ben missed 4 games)

Rec. 60
Yds 1257
Avg. 21.0
Long 56
TD's 10

Desean Jackson 2010 Stats:

Rec. 47
Yds 1056
Avg. 22.5
Long 91
TD's 6

Wallace was better last year...

If you are going to mention missing 4 games then shouldn't
you also mention that Vick missed games as well?

tony hipchest
08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Have you guys even watching both these guys play? DJ also is a top
level kick and punt returner. MW is a like a modern day Lofton or Alvin
Harper - both great players but they all only do 1 thing: go deep. DJ can
do much, much more. He is more explosive over all. I like MW just fine.
Love him, in fact. But DJ is the better over all player.

your cup of idiot juice doth runneth over. :coffee:

are you freaking blind? do bottom line numbers and stats mean anything to you?

your boy desean jackson had 20 punt returns last year for a paltry 231 yds and 1 td. add his 2 fumbles and the fact that he had no kickoff returns and even antonio brown is twice as good of a returner he is.

mike wallace simply outproduces him in a more run oriented offense, where he isnt even the legitimate #1 receiving option.

geeze, youre a moron.

why dont you go say something else in another thread and see if you can make yourself look like an even bigger ass.

DanRooney
08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Of course you can find a few plays that are not go routes. But the
vast majority of his plays are, or, the ones that work any ways. On
4th down in the Super Bowl, they tried some shorter pass play
for MW and it ended up an incompletion to end our chances. The
play sucked; never had a chance.

I am not complaining about MW at all. Love that they got lucky on the
pick. But I am just saying that DJ is the slightly better player. Great
players make great plays when they count most. DJ leads in the category.
Many players can make plays when they are on top. Great ones make
the plays during crunch time. MW did _not_ get it done in the Super Bowl.

Ben's fault as well. He overthrew him an other receivers all night and targeted him way too many f'n times. I'm sure the Packers gameplan was to contain Wallace at all cost after what he did to them the first time.

thumper
08-21-2011, 06:00 PM
your cup of idiot juice doth runneth over. :coffee:

are you freaking blind? do bottom line numbers and stats mean anything to you?

your boy desean jackson had 20 punt returns last year for a paltry 231 yds and 1 td. add his 2 fumbles and the fact that he had no kickoff returns and even antonio brown is twice as good of a returner he is.

mike wallace simply outproduces him in a more run oriented offense, where he isnt even the legitimate #1 receiving option.

geeze, youre a moron.

why dont you go say something else in another thread and see if you can make yourself look like an even bigger ass.

OK, "Tony HipFAT" whatever you say. I guess everyone in a Steelers'
uniform is automatically better than all other players at their position.
Did you even graduate high school? GED at least? You attempt to use
the English language is embarrassing. DJ is a mad baller. MW is good
but great players make great plays when they are in the biggest games.
MW failed to do that. Even Hines found a way to drop a TD on GB.

DanRooney
08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Well Peyton Manning must not be great. He makes the worst plays in the biggest games.

tony hipchest
08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
OK, "Tony HipFAT" whatever you say. I guess everyone in a Steelers'
uniform is automatically better than all other players at their position.
Did you even graduate high school? GED at least? You attempt to use
the English language is embarrassing. DJ is a mad baller. MW is good
but great players make great plays when they are in the biggest games.
MW failed to do that. Even Hines found a way to drop a TD on GB.

easy there, ChubDumper. you cant run that limp wristed, donald chump smack on me.

just because you got schooled, is no reason to make the ultimate desperation reach for some 3rd grade playground, english class smack.

especially when your wordplay is like giving a dictionary an abortion.

you lose, clown. :party:

once you prove your "football knowledge" is beyond tecmo bowl level, then you can come at me. until then, save yourself the humiliation. :tt04:

theplatypus
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
oh snap how did I ever forget about Tecmo Bowl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

sharkweek
08-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Jackson is obviously the more notorious player but that's only because he's had more opportunities to dazzle us watching him with the football in his hands, that certainly doesn't mean he's the better WR or even better player, he's just the more exciting one. When we hit the "home run" with Wallace its not as exciting as an "in the park home run" from Jackson, but the resulting TD nets the same points, and we get more such results from Wallace than the Eagles do from Jackson.

SteelersTilIDie
08-21-2011, 11:56 PM

DeSean Jackson is the better all around receiver at this point. He is a way better route runner than Wallace and has been the Eagles #1 receiver since his rookie year. So what if Jackson doesn't block and him showboating has nothing to do with his receiving skills. Jackson is one of the top 15 receivers in the league and deserves to make more than $800,000 a year, and has had 3 good years on his rookie contract, not 1. He was the only receiver in the league last year with a higher yards per catch than wallace too. I would take him over Wallace right now. In addition, he is one of the best punt returners in the league. Also, I hate this argument about hold outs. A player isn't a 'spoiled brat' when he out-performs his contract and holds out for a new one, because if a player under-performs the team either forces him to take a serious pay cut or releases him. Wallace really has no argument about a new contract with only one good year under his belt.

Wallace Career Stats-99 catches for 2,013 yards and 16 TD with a 20.3 yard average
Jackson Career Stats-171 catches for 3,124 yards and 17 TD with an 18.3 yard average.

72 more catches for 1,111 more yards and 1 more TD.

DanRooney
08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
DeSean Jackson is the better all around receiver at this point. He is a way better route runner than Wallace and has been the Eagles #1 receiver since his rookie year. So what if Jackson doesn't block and him showboating has nothing to do with his receiving skills. Jackson is one of the top 15 receivers in the league and deserves to make more than $800,000 a year, and has had 3 good years on his rookie contract, not 1. He was the only receiver in the league last year with a higher yards per catch than wallace too. I would take him over Wallace right now. Also, I hate this argument about hold outs. A player isn't a 'spoiled brat' when he out-performs his contract and holds out for a new one, because if a player under-performs the team either forces him to take a serious pay cut or releases him. Wallace really has no argument about a new contract with only one good year under his belt.

Wallace Career Stats-99 catches for 2,013 yards and 16 TD with a 20.3 yard average
Jackson Career Stats-171 catches for 3,124 yards and 17 TD with an 18.3 yard average.

Cool story bro, but DeSean has been in the league for one more year than Wallace. Wallace on avg beats DeSean regarding statistics, unless you think Wallace isn't going to have 1,111 yards with less than 1 TD next year.

tony hipchest
08-22-2011, 12:03 AM

...with 1 more year on a team with scrub receivers, that doesnt even pretend to know how to run the ball.

if the eagles had santonio holmes and hines ward, jackson, in his rookie year, woulda looked about as good as freddie mitchell.

cloppbeast
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Love that they got lucky on the
pick.

LMFAO.

But, somehow, when you get something right, you're a genius......

thumper
08-22-2011, 12:18 PM
LMFAO.

But, somehow, when you get something right, you're a genius......

It is the general consensus of those who know the NFL that Pgh
got lucky on that pick. And you know it. Or at least you should.

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
If you are going to mention missing 4 games then shouldn't
you also mention that Vick missed games as well?

a) kolb was orginally the starting qb.. so no its not worth mentioning

b) kolb is better then batch or dixon, so you continue to bring nothing but dump to the table

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM

pittsburgh got lucky on what pick?

mike wallace?

thumper
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
easy there, ChubDumper. you cant run that limp wristed, donald chump smack on me.

just because you got schooled, is no reason to make the ultimate desperation reach for some 3rd grade playground, english class smack.

especially when your wordplay is like giving a dictionary an abortion.

you lose, clown. :party:

once you prove your "football knowledge" is beyond tecmo bowl level, then you can come at me. until then, save yourself the humiliation. :tt04:

All you have are mere ad hominem attacks; you've made no assertions
that proved sound, backed with any proof statements. You can't even use
basic English. But I guess you are good at pressing your mouse buttons
to create funny cartoons. That and a GED will get you a job mowing lawns.
Maybe.

Plex just blew up this weekend. What were saying about him?

You _wish_ your football knowledge approached Tecmo; as of now,
you are far below Tecmo-level football knowledge. Quit while your
behind, HipFAT. Now go press some cartoon icons. Now _that_ IS
your level of mental scope. Party with that.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20110821burress_td_grab_helps_lead_jets_past_benga ls_27-7/srvc=sports&position=also

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:31 PM
the only insult dumper ever brings is shit about the english language.

THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD NOT A CLASSROOM.

i doubt you have a GED the way you bring it up so often.. why dont you head over to the i wanna blow plax website cause clearly after ONE preseason game vs the BENGALS, he is greatest thing ever.

i think are wideouts looked just fine with out him on Thursday night.. did you even watch the game? fool

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
also you say wallace didnt show up in the super bowl

where he had 9 catches 89 yards and a td... but plax BLEW UP in a preseason game with 3 catches for 66 yards and a td

SteelCityMom
All you have are mere ad hominem attacks; you've made no assertions
that proved sound, backed with any proof statements. You can't even use
basic English. But I guess you are good at pressing your mouse buttons
to create funny cartoons. That and a GED will get you a job mowing lawns.
Maybe.

Plex just blew up this weekend. What were saying about him?

you are far below Tecmo-level football knowledge. Quit while your
behind, HipFAT. Now go press some cartoon icons. Now _that_ IS
your level of mental scope. Party with that.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20110821burress_td_grab_helps_lead_jets_past_benga ls_27-7/srvc=sports&position=also

At some point, you're going to have to stop questioning others usage of the English language. Yours is not the most sound either; and nearly all the time, you make egregious errors in spelling and/or sentence structure when constantly bashing someones education level.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-suRCCfA194A/TcdTE5YGMsI/AAAAAAAAABU/wzvRO-wW9yg/s320/fail2.jpg

thumper
a) kolb was orginally the starting qb.. so no its not worth mentioning

You mean it's not worth mentioning an unproven QB played instead
of a proven pro bowler/star? OK, gotcha. Now, are you interested in
buying some swampland? Kolb has a career record of 3-4. Gee whiz,
he's as good as any QB in the NFL, according to your putt putt mind.

b) kolb is better then batch or dixon, so you continue to bring nothing but dump to the table

Yes, his 3-4 record proves his superiority for sure. Would you like
some more paint chips for lunch? He also has more ints than TDs
for his career. Many think he is better than Brady.

http://www.memehumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fail2.jpg

SteelCityMom
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
LMFAO!

You even failed at picture posting. :rofl:

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
You mean it's not worth mentioning an unproven QB played instead
of a proven pro bowler/star? OK, gotcha. Now, are you interested in
buying some swampland? Kolb has a career record of 3-4. Gee whiz,
he's as good as any QB in the NFL, according to your putt putt mind.

Yes, his 3-4 record proves his superiority for sure. Would you like
some more paint chips for lunch? He also has more ints than TDs
for his career. Many think he is better than Brady.

http://www.memehumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/fail2.jpg

of course you like to take everything over board...never said he is better than brady or anything of that matter..

do you need a hug?

okay so take dixon and batch over kolb you fool...

i guess you didnt see the defense that kept us in those games. when we won with dixon and batch

when did kolb ever have that?

you said it yourself dixon sucks... i didnt see anyone throwing out a big deal for him.

SteelCityMom
08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Ok...back on track with the thread.

They're both very good receivers. DJ may be more complete...but he's also had an extra year of play. Any team would be lucky to have either on their roster. I'm glad we've got Wallace though, I think he's a better fit for Pittsburgh right now.

thumper
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
At some point, you're going to have to stop questioning others usage of the English language. Yours is not the most sound either; and nearly all the time, you make egregious errors in spelling and/or sentence structure when constantly bashing someones education level.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-suRCCfA194A/TcdTE5YGMsI/AAAAAAAAABU/wzvRO-wW9yg/s320/fail2.jpg

False assertion. Some of these troglodytes can't even
grasp basic punctuation or the use of capitalizing. You want
to talk about "egregious errors?" Let's start there. Most
foreigners could do better on that front than our Kordell Stewart-
level thinkers. And, by the way, it should be "someone's education
level." Just trying to help out.

SteelersTilIDie
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Cool story bro, but DeSean has been in the league for one more year than Wallace. Wallace on avg beats DeSean regarding statistics, unless you think Wallace isn't going to have 1,111 yards with less than 1 TD next year.

Yeah I understand that but the question is who is a better receiver right now, not who is the best after this year. The only reason I put the statistics in there was to prove the point about how DeSean Jackson deserves a new contract.

thumper
08-22-2011, 12:52 PM
of course you like to take everything over board...never said he is better than brady or anything of that matter..

And I never said you did. I said "many" thought he was better than
Brady, at which time I was being facetious. I thought that was
obvious.

do you need a hug?

Are you a hot female?

okay so take dixon and batch over kolb you fool...

Actually, I would take Batch, if he is healthy. He has proven far
more in his career than Kolb has so far.

i guess you didnt see the defense that kept us in those games. when we won with dixon and batch

Umm, actually I did see the defense in those games. What were we talking
about again?

when did kolb ever have that?

I'm not sure. But what's that have to do with him having more
ints than TDs again? Does our D throw passes now?

you said it yourself dixon sucks... i didnt see anyone throwing out a big deal for him.

Yes, Dixon does suck. Now how does that factor in to DJ being
a better play maker than MW again? You got me all spun around.

thumper
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Ok...back on track with the thread.

They're both very good receivers. DJ may be more complete...but he's also had an extra year of play. Any team would be lucky to have either on their roster. I'm glad we've got Wallace though, I think he's a better fit for Pittsburgh right now.

They are both excellent. And offer different over all packages. But if we
are playing pick up football, and both players are there, I take DJ. He
just offers a little bit more over all. He can take it deep as well as MW
but has more tools in his tool chest over all. And his fire and passion
seem above MW. And he has proven he can make the biggest plays
at the biggest moments. Did you forget the NYG game last year?

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
you brought up his record, football is a team game.. kolb never had a defense to give him a lead like that.

all we did was run the ball.

not even worth my time... fool

why are you still here? not one person on this board likes you. you continue to bring nothing but bashing the steelers and what they do.. you sound like a bengal fan... dont trolls get banned?

SteelCityMom
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
you are far below Tecmo-level football knowledge. Quit while your (should be you're)

Have you guys even watching both these guys play? (What?)

You attempt to use
the English language is embarrassing. (That's just funny and embarrasing for you.)

False assertion. Some of these troglodytes can't even
grasp basic punctuation or the use of capitalizing. You want
to talk about "egregious errors?" Let's start there. Most
foreigners could do better on that front than our Kordell Stewart-
level thinkers. And, by the way, it should be "someone's education
level." Just trying to help out.

No, it's not a false assertion. It would be a false assertion if you didn't make your own errors while attempting to insult others use of the English language.

And no, it shouldn't be someone's. That usage of the word implies someone is, someone was, etc. etc. It's (It is) called a contraction. If I were to say "Someone's watching me", and forgot the apostrophe, then you would be right. Using "someones" in the sentence that I did though was the proper usage.

thumper
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
also you say wallace didnt show up in the super bowl

where he had 9 catches 89 yards and a td... but plax BLEW UP in a preseason game with 3 catches for 66 yards and a td

Sigh. 4th down. Less than 2 minutes to play. The biggest play
of the game, and MW runs a SHIT route AND can't make the catch.
That is NOT coming up big in the biggest moment.

Now, if you can follow, you don't play your 34-year-old star WR for
more than a handful of plays. And yet, he was the biggest play
maker on the field. If you want to doubt if Plex is still a stud WR,
why don't we put some $ on it. I am willing to bet that Plex will
have a big season. 10+ TDs. Some game-winning TD grabs.
If you are so confident he sucks, then put $ on it.

SteelCityMom
08-22-2011, 01:03 PM
They are both excellent. And offer different over all packages. But if we
are playing pick up football, and both players are there, I take DJ. He
just offers a little bit more over all. He can take it deep as well as MW
but has more tools in his tool chest over all. And his fire and passion
seem above MW. And he has proven he can make the biggest plays
at the biggest moments. Did you forget the NYG game last year?

I don't know...I probably did forget the NYG game last year lol.

I agree with you overall, and I'd probably really like DJ were he a Steeler...but I'm happy with Wallace, and think he'll do good for us for a while.

thumper
08-22-2011, 01:06 PM
No, it's not a false assertion. It would be a false assertion if you didn't make your own errors while attempting to insult others use of the English language.

And no, it shouldn't be someone's. That usage of the word implies someone is, someone was, etc. etc. It's (It is) called a contraction. If I were to say "Someone's watching me", and forgot the apostrophe, then you would be right. Using "someones" in the sentence that I did though was the proper usage.

You are forgetting the use of the "'" that indicates possession. It can _also_
be used to indicate contraction. But it is also used to indicate possession.
"That was Mike's botched route and catch on Pgh's final play in the Super Bowl."

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Sigh. 4th down. Less than 2 minutes to play. The biggest play
of the game, and MW runs a SHIT route AND can't make the catch.
That is NOT coming up big in the biggest moment.

Now, if you can follow, you don't play your 34-year-old star WR for
more than a handful of plays. And yet, he was the biggest play
maker on the field. If you want to doubt if Plex is still a stud WR,
why don't we put some $ on it. I am willing to bet that Plex will
have a big season. 10+ TDs. Some game-winning TD grabs.
If you are so confident he sucks, then put $ on it.

FOOTBALL is a TEAM game. it wasnt just wallace, wasnt just ben..

and you just assume plax would of been in the right spot. his super bowl catch he was wide open.

i never said plax sucks.. i just dont want to blow him like you do...
and i know we dont need him the way you think we do...

everyone can tell her your not a steeler fan cause all you do is bash the front office, the wide outs, and anything else that causes you to not get your way.

so your a fan of the bengals or jets, which is it?

and

bet money with you? dont make me laugh... i wouldnt trust you with a pile of shit let alone money...

fool

SteelCityMom
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
You are forgetting the use of the "'" that indicates possession. It can _also_
be used to indicate contraction. But it is also used to indicate possession.
"That was Mike's botched route and catch on Pgh's final play in the Super Bowl."

Yes, I realize that. My usage of the word was still correct though, and possession does not apply there.

Seriously though, I'm just suggesting you worry about your own grammar/spelling/sentence structure before you continue to go about bashing others. Grammar nazis really should practice what they preach.

ebsteelers
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Yes, I realize that. My usage of the word was still correct though, and possession does not apply there.

Seriously though, I'm just suggesting you worry about your own grammar/spelling/sentence structure before you continue to go about bashing others. Grammar nazis really should practice what they preach.

:applaudit:

cloppbeast
08-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Not only do I question your supposed concensus (which I think you just flat out made up), I also question whether such a concensus means anything tangible.

At one point, there was a "concensus" among medical professionals that butter was good for ones heart because it lubed the arteries.

As if whether a person or thing got "lucky" could be objectively defined in the first place. lol. We could argue all day about whether they got "lucky" to no avail, because it is entirely objective.

More to my point: I love how, whenever you get something right, it's due to shear intelligence; but, when the organization you continually chastize gets something right, you call it luck rather than giving due credit. It's a tactic you use to make yourself feel smart.

Congratulations.

ricardisimo
08-22-2011, 04:29 PM

:rofl::sofunny::applaudit::rofl:

Seriously though........... Mom............... your a troll..............

thumper
08-22-2011, 05:12 PM
FOOTBALL is a TEAM game. it wasnt just wallace, wasnt just ben..

and you just assume plax would of been in the right spot. his super bowl catch he was wide open.

i never said plax sucks.. i just dont want to blow him like you do...
and i know we dont need him the way you think we do...

everyone can tell her your not a steeler fan cause all you do is bash the front office, the wide outs, and anything else that causes you to not get your way.

so your a fan of the bengals or jets, which is it?

and

bet money with you? dont make me laugh... i wouldnt trust you with a pile of shit let alone money...

fool

World is full of ppl who just blah, blah, blah but won't put their $ where
their mouth is. And, you overly emotional state has caused you to make
assertion re: what I post without keeping in the confines of the truth. I
never "bashed our WR" I merely pointed out we could use Plex. Hines
Ward is one of my ALL TIME favorite Steelers ever. I like Wallace a lot.
Brown and Sanders are reason for optimism. We can and will win with
who we have at WR, but adding Plex would have made this team much
more productive, for sure. I knew Sweed was not going to do shit and
that Plex was now motivated in will offer the best play of his career. I
feel confident I will be proven correct, assuming he doesn't suffer a
major injury.

An, by the way, how do I ever or not "Get my way" when it comes to the
Steelers? That is an absurd assertion. if I truly "got my way" I would own
the team and that's about it. I don't see that happening any time soon.

But if I did own it, Plex would be a Steeler right now and there would
be another OT added to the roster and Aaron Smith would have to take
a pay cut, as would Foote, or be let go. Leaving those guys at their pay
as is, and not adding another OT, is purely insane.

thumper
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Not only do I question your supposed concensus (which I think you just flat out made up), I also question whether such a concensus means anything tangible.

At one point, there was a "concensus" among medical professionals that butter was good for ones heart because it lubed the arteries.

As if whether a person or thing got "lucky" could be objectively defined in the first place. lol. We could argue all day about whether they got "lucky" to no avail, because it is entirely objective.

More to my point: I love how, whenever you get something right, it's due to shear intelligence; but, when the organization you continually chastize gets something right, you call it luck rather than giving due credit. It's a tactic you use to make yourself feel smart.

Congratulations.

Thank you. My insights are of value. I miss a few, but I am right far
more often than I am wrong. You will see this trend become more
and more obvious as we go.

SteelersTilIDie
08-23-2011, 12:31 AM
...with 1 more year on a team with scrub receivers, that doesnt even pretend to know how to run the ball..

Really because LeSean McCoy rushed for over 1,000 yards with less carries than Mendenhall and had a yards per carry of 5.2. Mendenhalls was 3.8.

Also, Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant are far from scrubs.

SteelersTilIDie
08-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Okay is everyone in agreement that Thumper should get the f*** out of here? Literally everything he says is wrong. If this is really his viewpoint on the Steelers, I feel sorry for those close to him that have to deal with it on a daily basis. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as this clown. He's probably a Ravens fan or a fan of some other team the Steelers kick the shit out of on a regular basis desperately searching for an argument to make to make himself and his immature mind feel better. Hope you take the hint Thumper, but if not...NO ONE LIKES YOUR INPUT!

To relate it back to the discussion at hand, the Steelers obviously tried to sign Plax but weren't willing to break the bank to do it, justifiably so, as he hasn't touched a football in 2 years and is on the severe downside of his career. If he does well in New York, good for him. Secondly, did you miss Wallace's 28 yard TD catch to even give the Steelers a chance for a game winning drive in the fourth quarter? Obviously. How many Super Bowls have you played in? Wait, how many organized football practices have you ever participated in? My guess is zero because that's what your comments on this board reflect. God I can't wait until the Steelers kick the shit out of whatever team you root for. For that matter, the team you root for would probably be pissed if they found out you were one of its fans.

Perfect grammar every time. :)

ebsteelers
08-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Okay is everyone in agreement that Thumper should get the f*** out of here? Literally everything he says is wrong. If this is really his viewpoint on the Steelers, I feel sorry for those close to him that have to deal with it on a daily basis. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room as this clown. He's probably a Ravens fan or a fan of some other team the Steelers kick the shit out of on a regular basis desperately searching for an argument to make to make himself and his immature mind feel better. Hope you take the hint Thumper, but if not...NO ONE LIKES YOUR INPUT! To relate it back to the discussion at hand, the Steelers obviously tried to sign Plax but weren't willing to break the bank to do it, justifiably so, as he hasn't touched a football in 2 years and is on the severe downside of his career. If he does well in New York, good for him. Secondly, did you miss Wallace's 28 yard TD catch to even give the Steelers a chance for a game winning drive in the fourth quarter? Obviously. How many Super Bowls have you played in? Wait, how many organized football practices have you ever participated in? My guess is zero because that's what your comments on this board reflect. God I can't wait until the Steelers kick the shit out of whatever team you root for. For that matter, the team you root for would probably be pissed if they found out you were one of its fans.

Perfect grammar every time. :)

well said,

ebsteelers
08-23-2011, 09:10 AM
World is full of ppl who just blah, blah, blah but won't put their $ where
their mouth is. And, you overly emotional state has caused you to make
assertion re: what I post without keeping in the confines of the truth. I
never "bashed our WR" I merely pointed out we could use Plex. Hines
Ward is one of my ALL TIME favorite Steelers ever. I like Wallace a lot.
Brown and Sanders are reason for optimism. We can and will win with
who we have at WR, but adding Plex would have made this team much
more productive, for sure. I knew Sweed was not going to do shit and
that Plex was now motivated in will offer the best play of his career. I
feel confident I will be proven correct, assuming he doesn't suffer a
major injury.

An, by the way, how do I ever or not "Get my way" when it comes to the
Steelers? That is an absurd assertion. if I truly "got my way" I would own
the team and that's about it. I don't see that happening any time soon.

But if I did own it, Plex would be a Steeler right now and there would
be another OT added to the roster and Aaron Smith would have to take
a pay cut, as would Foote, or be let go. Leaving those guys at their pay
as is, and not adding another OT, is purely insane.

this fool dumper wants me to bet money with him on the season plax will have... lol put my money where my mouth is? like i said i dont trust you with a pile of shit... and your the one who keeps yapping away.

never said plax will be bad but steelers dont need him, and i dont give a **** what kind of year he has.

****ing moron. even if plax came here, there is no guarantee he would have the same sort of season with us that he'd have with the jets.

cloppbeast
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Thank you. My insights are of value. I miss a few, but I am right far
more often than I am wrong. You will see this trend become more
and more obvious as we go.

The Steelers organization, who has gone to 3 SBs in the past 8 years or so, they don't get more right than wrong? Obviously they have and do.........

But still, you say they just get "lucky"? But when you, according to you of course (LMFAO!), get more right than wrong, this indicates your superior intellect.

Hmmmm.....

This is called selective reasoning.

cloppbeast
08-23-2011, 10:21 AM
never said plax will be bad but steelers dont need him, and i dont give a **** what kind of year he has.

****ing moron. even if plax came here, there is no guarantee he would have the same sort of season with us that he'd have with the jets.

Exactly.

With thumper's logic, we should have signed Larry Fitzgerald because he's the best WR out there, regardless of whether his signing would be a good use of resources.

I will say though, I thought the Steelers should have offered a little more in order to get Plax, I just don't think it was as big of a failure as Thumper seems to think.

theplatypus
08-23-2011, 10:23 AM
The Steelers organization, who has gone to 3 SBs in the past 8 years or so, they don't get more right than wrong? Obviously they have and do.........

But still, you say they just get "lucky"? But when you, according to you of course (LMFAO!), get more right than wrong, this indicates your superior intellect.

Hmmmm.....

This is called selective reasoning.

It's not hard to be right when you use hindsight and don't ever actually go out on a limb with any of your predictions.