PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Move Chavis

55BaileyFan
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Miguel Chavis, the undrafted rookie defensive end from Clemson was moved from the defensive line to TE today by Steeler coaches. The Steelers are still searching for their number two TE and this could be a sign that the coaches like what the kid offers...especially switching him this late.

What do you all think of the move this late?

theplatypus
08-18-2011, 05:08 PM
They're exploring every option, I like it.

thumper
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Miguel Chavis, the undrafted rookie defensive end from Clemson was moved from the defensive line to TE today by Steeler coaches. The Steelers are still searching for their number two TE and this could be a sign that the coaches like what the kid offers...especially switching him this late.

What do you all think of the move this late?

Long shot. It won't work out

ricardisimo
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
They're exploring every option, I like it.
Not quite "every option". Every option would have included drafting a TE or signing an undrafted free agent TE, or even retaining Spaeth, although I think most of us are OK with him leaving.

steeltheone
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Seems like a college move.

fer522
08-18-2011, 06:55 PM
seems more like a desperate move

theplatypus
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Not quite "every option". Every option would have included drafting a TE or signing an undrafted free agent TE, or even retaining Spaeth, although I think most of us are OK with him leaving.

They did, Weslye Saunders.

JCPsteelers
08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
probably a practice squad candidate if he shows something as a TE

BritishSteel
08-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Didn't Starks occasionally line up in a three TE set? Maybe they're just looking to see if Chavis can play that extra blocking TE role that Starks used to occasionally play? If they're looking at him as a genuine second TE, then it looks a bit desperate to me.