PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Scott and Gilbert will be ok

JCPsteelers
08-18-2011, 11:22 PM
just said it in press conference. hyperextended knee per Ed B. :tt03:

ETL
08-18-2011, 11:58 PM
How low have we sunk?

We are relieved that Jonathan Scott and a rookie named Gilbert have been spared.

Can someone check the temperature in hell and tell me if it is getting colder.

Fire Arians
08-19-2011, 12:05 AM
coaching staff must have saw something in them to let starks and flozell go, they had faith in them for a reason.

jonathan scott was looking good last year and this preseason imo

tony hipchest
08-19-2011, 12:06 AM
they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

i guess the good thing is that if we suck for the next 5 years we can build a kick ass line of top 10 draft picks. :hunch:

Buddha Bus
08-19-2011, 12:09 AM
they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

i guess the good thing is that if we suck for the next 5 years we can build a kick ass line of top 10 draft picks. :hunch:

Well said, Tony! :tt04: :tt02: :helmet: :tt: :tt03:

ETL
08-19-2011, 01:18 AM
they are steelers.

we should care.

next man up.

I agree with you. We should care.

i'm just sad that our season may hang in the balance of whether guys like Jonathan Scott or Gilbert are healthy or now.

DanRooney
08-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Gilbert looked a little shaky at LT. Driven backwards a couple of plays and had a penalty in the few snaps he had before his injury. Hills actually looked good at the spot when he replaced him. I'm not a J. Scott fan at all.

tony hipchest
08-19-2011, 01:41 AM
i'm just sad that our season may hang in the balance of whether guys like Jonathan Scott or Gilbert are healthy or now.

understandable.

im just glad we have a season of football and kinda excited about adding this fresh meat to the line.

our season hangs in the balance with the likes of ben and troy remaining healthy. a shaky OL hasnt prevented us from a winning season in years. :tt:

JCPsteelers
08-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Jonathan Scott actually played pretty well in the playoffs last year.

You guys complaining need to realize we live in the salary cap era. Nobody is going to have a stacked roster like the Steelers in the 70s and the Niners in the 80s.

We'll be fine with Scott at LT..

JCPsteelers
08-19-2011, 01:50 AM
Jonathan Scott actually played pretty well in the playoffs last year.

You guys complaining need to realize we live in the salary cap era. Nobody is going to have a stacked roster like the Steelers in the 70s and the Niners in the 80s.

We'll be fine with Scott at LT..

steeltheone
08-19-2011, 06:29 AM
coaching staff must have saw something in them to let starks and flozell go, they had faith in them for a reason.

jonathan scott was looking good last year and this preseason imo

We could not afford Starks or Flo...I'm excited to see how the younger guys mesh as the season wears on!

ricardisimo
08-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Starks is done, by all accounts. Teams that desperately need him have not signed him, so... Flozell is expensive and older than dirt.

I like the results that coach Kugler seems to get out of his men, but I'm noticing a disturbing trend: major, persistent injuries. That was the story his last year in Buffalo, it was the story last year with the Steelers, and after this game it looks like the story again. Anyone know how to look up injury reports from when he was with the Lions or Boise State?

I'm only one quarter joking. He may just be driving his boys into early retirement.

55BaileyFan
08-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I have all the faith in the world in what the Steelers coaches see...the rings don't lie...they don't lie.

kirklandrules
08-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I just don't care for the musical chairs game that is played every year with that line. Sooner or later the line needs consistency. How do they gel as a unit if it's a constant shuffle in preseason and into the regular season? And you take a guy who played LT all through college and 3 years as a pro, move him to RG because he played well against 2nd and 3rd stringers?

I like the line coach and thought he did a good job with everything he had to deal with last year. So maybe he'll get the right 5 guys out there and see improvement over last year.

stiller39
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Drama, drama everywhere! Scott was Lt when we went to the BOWL.... hello. Gilbert is a ROOKIE!

Drama kings galore.

wyn50
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
How long are they going to be out? Any official word on their MRIʻs?

wyn50
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Found my own answer:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/08/scott-gilbert-mri-test-show-no-ligament-damage/