PDA

View Full Version : Joe Buck calls Vick scramble a “jailbreak”

NEWstevo
08-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I was watching the preseason game against the Eagles and in the first half, Vick was chased out of the pocket and ended up throwing that pick to Polamalu. During the replay, Joe Buck said: “The jailbreak started when…” and he goes on to talk about the play.

LOL!

I was watching it alone, so I had no one laugh with, but did anyone else hear that? I am not really offended, but still, it was kind of off-color (no pun intended) for him to say such a thing about a man that spent 2 years in jail.

I mean, what if Ben was running around and Bradshaw said.................. nevermind. I'm not even going there.

Go Steelers!

Buddha Bus
08-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Uhhhh... I don't think Joe Buck intended that to refer to Vick. He was referring to all of the defensive players busting into the secondary after Vick.

They are often times called jailbreaks.

tony hipchest
08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
how bout when a jewish qb tosses up a 'hail mary'?

mizzouristeeler
08-19-2011, 06:17 PM
It was funnier listening to terry bradshaws commentating.

Third Rail
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I fail to see why Joe Buck still calls games. I mean, is there ANYONE ON EARTH that likes that guy? I swear, on EVERY sports site (and plenty of non-sports sites for that matter) at the mention of his name, multiple people chime in about how much he sucks. Sports bloggers constantly rag on him. Hell, Artie Lange went on his show and ripped him to pieces. And while I think some of the hate towards him is a tad exaggerated, I don't think he really adds anything with his commentary other than sounding like a guy who has run out of Ex-Lax whenever he draws out a word for no reason "They're almost in FIIIEEEEEEEELLD goal range..."

And who could forget him in that National commercial: "CHOOOOOOOOSING your own car? Now that's a good call."

Though to Buck's credit, his commercial was a lot less annoying than those ones that Jon McEnroe did. I hate that friggin' guy.

rich4eagle
08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I was watching the preseason game against the Eagles and in the first half, Vick was chased out of the pocket and ended up throwing that pick to Polamalu. During the replay, Joe Buck said: “The jailbreak started when…” and he goes on to talk about the play.

LOL!

I was watching it alone, so I had no one laugh with, but did anyone else hear that? I am not really offended, but still, it was kind of off-color (no pun intended) for him to say such a thing about a man that spent 2 years in jail.

I mean, what if Ben was running around and Bradshaw said.................. nevermind. I'm not even going there.

Go Steelers!

Joe Buck is an arrogant jerk..........if not for his dad he would be announcing toilet flushings at the homeless shelter:tt04: