PDA

View Full Version : player

sheba
05-29-2006, 04:00 PM
who is your favorite steelers football player?

aburdell
05-29-2006, 04:12 PM
with out a question its easy for me jack lambert. the original badass of pro football he paved the way for guys like porter, ray lewis, LT,

Black@Gold Forever32
05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
who is your favorite steelers football player?

Well I wasn't alive for the Steelers Curtain days. Ok I was 8 months old when the Curtain won their fourth Super Bowl. So even though I know about the greatness of those teams. I have no connection with them.

I started watching football int he late 1980's. One of my worst memories is when the Steelers lost to the Broncos in Denver in a playoff game. I think that was 1989. But I really became a fanatic about football in Bill Cowher's first year as coach in 1992. My favorite Steelers growing up were Rod Woodson, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd and Jerome Bettis. But you can say all the Steelers are my favorites since I love the Pittsburgh Steelers. There have been few players that I totally disliked. Troy Edwards was one of them.

If I had to choose favorite Steelers on the current team I would have more then one or two. On offense its Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, Alan Faneca, Dan Krieder and Willie Parker. On defense Casey Hampton, Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu.

melroseplace
05-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Hines Ward definitely

Santonio4
05-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Well i wasnt around during the 70's so i would have to say Troy.

Prosdo
05-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Hines Ward. I just love the way he plays and what he brings to the team.

WWIIOwheelz
05-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I've been around through them all, but I lived in the South in the '70s - '80s. I kept up with the game, but wasn't familiar with the in-the-trenches players like Lambert (I was a kid, then.) I was a Redskins fan growing up, so I shared a hatred of the Cowboys, making the Steelers someone I always liked in the AFC. In '95, I moved to Pittsburgh, and an immediate fan of everything black & gold was born.

Since then, my favorite players are on the defensive side of the ball, mostly, with Troy, Porter & Farrior all getting very high marks. The player I am the most endeared to, though, after all this time, is the guy who came to Pittsburgh around the exact same time I did..... Jerome Bettis. I've seen every snap of his career, here, and like him, I'm starting to feel my age a little bit.

Yoi, Jerome Bettis!

TasmanianTroy271
05-29-2006, 06:11 PM
hmm.. This is a toughie....

Im gonna go with...

Troy

silver & black
05-29-2006, 06:13 PM
with out a question its easy for me jack lambert. the original badass of pro football he paved the way for guys like porter, ray lewis, LT,
Badass? Definately. The original badass? Nah.

Lots of players from the early days could be considered badasses. Ray Nitschke, Alex Karras, Deacon Jones... just to name a few.

Stillers#1
05-29-2006, 09:46 PM
W/O a doubt I would have to say Alan Faneca. I have been a Steelers fan since my birth in '82, and I have never seen a Steeler as bad ass as Faneca. Even with all of the old video's of the Steelers players in the 70's that I have seen, no one has anything on this big boy. I love Lambert, but AF would put him flat on his back, and you guys can argue this till your blue in the face.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-29-2006, 09:59 PM
No one player EVER consistently put Lambert on his back, unless he was tackling him. Don't get me wrong I like Faneca but it was a whole different ball game back then. The Oline back then was dealing with constant headslaps from D-linemen, it's hard to say how he would have dealt with that.

Stillers#1
05-30-2006, 03:36 AM
No one player EVER consistently put Lambert on his back, unless he was tackling him. Don't get me wrong I like Faneca but it was a whole different ball game back then. The Oline back then was dealing with constant headslaps from D-linemen, it's hard to say how he would have dealt with that.

Have you seen Faneca's cranium? I'm guessing he would have taken off his helmet and eaten the D line-men's hand....lol.

Steel Pit
05-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Terry Bradshaw with Lambert running a close 2nd.

More present favorites are Woodson and Greg Lloyd.

clevestinks
05-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Any All-Pro Bad A$$ Linebacker we have ever had

83-Steelers-43
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
A player who I feel is overshadowed to some degree (by Lambert) and who I also feel was the best all around LB in NFL history, Jack Ham. 25 sacks, 21 fumbles recovered, and 32 interceptions in a twelve year career aint no joke.

pucho58
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Jack Lambert

clevestinks
05-30-2006, 08:55 AM
A player who I feel is overshadowed to some degree (by Lambert) and who I also feel was the best all around LB in NFL history, Jack Ham. 25 sacks, 21 fumbles recovered, and 32 interceptions in a twelve year career aint no joke.
I have an older co-worker that always seems to bust my balls about Ham, saying thta he is the only LB in the HOF with a clean uniform!

ARKIESTEEL
05-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Forever my favorite Steeler was Lambert but the last few years I have felt more love to and from The Big Fat Bus any body who takes a pay cut to stay with a team is a hero in this day and age.