PDA

View Full Version : Scouts Inc Top 200 NFL players (14 steelers on list)

JCPsteelers
08-24-2011, 01:39 AM
This is espn insider only ranking but I'll give the listing of Steelers players they think that are in the Top 200

8. Big Ben
13. James Harrison
18. Troy Polamalu
46. Lawrence Timmons
54. Mike Wallace
59. Lamarr Woodley
102 Rashard Mendenhall
123 Casey Hampton
128 Maurice Pouncey
154 James Farrior
165 Ike Taylor
180 Aaron Smith
192 Heath Miller
196 Hines Ward

its an interesting list and much better than the joke Top 100 NFL Network one. :tt04:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6819220/nfl-scouts-inc-2011-top-200-player-rankings

tanda10506
08-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Definetly much better, especially with Ben. 8th isn't bad, although the QB is the most important position and since he's easily top 5 in the QB's, I don't see how he could be lower then 5 on any list. Either way, not bad. That just shows you what a poor bias joke the 100 list was, one of the top 5 QB's was 41st in the league!!!!

Wallabeast17
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Yea, I can't stand watching NFL Network! So bias, They love their Eaggles now with all their free agents and being a so called "dream team" and of course the colts/saints/patriots because of Brady, Manning, and Brees oh and now Green Bay with Rodgers.:puke:

SH-Rock
08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Revis was ranked #3...

sharkweek
08-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Polamalu and Harrison should be swapped, but other than that I'd agree

MDSteel15
08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
PLEASE take Peyton Manning out of the top 10! No way he is still that hi! :banging:

Fire Arians
08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
rankings are skewed imo. players should be ranked by how much of an impact they make toward the team winning games. After all, what separates the good from the bad is winning right?

With that said, I believe Ben should be top 5. definitely ahead of revis. how many times did revis take the game on his shoulders and win it for the jets?

PhantomJB93
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I can tell without even looking at the rest of the list, just from the order the Steelers are in, that this is a much better list than NFLN's

steelfury02
08-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Every single Steeler defender not named Gay or McFadden should be in the top 100 - period. Please tell me where they put Phillip Rivers - better not be ahead of Ben. That ticks me off more than anything.

ebsteelers
08-24-2011, 02:07 PM
PLEASE take Peyton Manning out of the top 10! No way he is still that hi! :banging:

where would you suggest he goes? if he doesnt play then go 4-12 if they are lucky

steelfury02
08-24-2011, 02:16 PM
8-8 team with Kerry Collins lol. Yea they are screwed. This might end up being a nice AFC road victory for us if Manning's timing is still off.

Steelers>NFL
08-24-2011, 02:23 PM
That makes 7% (out of 200) of the players on the list are Steelers. That is pretty darn good.

steelfury02
08-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I guess I'm just big on winning huge games. To me (and I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this I'm sure) there needs to be the Decade's Best: Top 200 Players from Super Bowl teams (by decade) cause this to me means a lot more. On average each of these teams would get up to 13 players. Think about it . . .could have some awesome Super Bowl stories from the players and some great profiles on guys that normally wouldn't get the spotlight. To me this gives props to those middle of the road guys that were starters and helped contribute to getting to the big game or winning it. Hey - if you haven't been on one then too bad.
Titans
Ravens
Giants
Patriots
Bucs
Raiders
Panthers
Eagles
Steelers -
Seahawks
Colts
Bears
Cardinals
Saints
Packers

steelfury02
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Wow - would be hard to get past about the 7th or 8th guy for the Steelers.

JCPsteelers
08-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Every single Steeler defender not named Gay or McFadden should be in the top 100 - period. Please tell me where they put Phillip Rivers - better not be ahead of Ben. That ticks me off more than anything.

Rivers was the 6th QB, Ben was 5th behind Brady, manning, Rodgers and brees

pancake
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Polamalu and Harrison should be swapped, but other than that I'd agree

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

ZIGGY0246
08-24-2011, 07:53 PM
hines at 196 come on should be higher by 60 or so spots really how many wr's make the defense cringe when they line up to block
on them

DanRooney
08-24-2011, 10:48 PM
hines at 196 come on should be higher by 60 or so spots really how many wr's make the defense cringe when they line up to block
on them

Hines is lucky to be on the list at all. There's at least 20 receivers in the league that are better than him at this point in his career. So before you argue some obvious homerism, I'll list 20 of them from the top of my head:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Mike Wallace
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Hakeem Nicks
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Santonio Holmes
11. Steve Limas Sweed Johnson
12. Anquan Boldin
12. Vincent Jackson
13. Marques Colston
14. Miles Austin
15. Dwayne Bowe
16. Roddy White
17. Mike Williams
18. Jeremy Maclin
19. Dez Bryant
20. Sidney Rice

Update: 21. Antonio Brown.

Wallabeast17
08-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Hines is lucky to be on the list at all. There's at least 20 receivers in the league that are better than him at this point in his career. So before you argue some obvious homerism, I'll list 20 of them from the top of my head:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Mike Wallace
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Hakeem Nicks
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Santonio Holmes
12. Anquan Boldin
12. Vincent Jackson
13. Marques Colston
14. Miles Austin
15. Dwayne Bowe
16. Roddy White
17. Mike Williams
18. Jeremy Maclin
19. Dez Bryant
20. Sidney Rice

Your saying you rather have sweed then ward? To even place sweed on a top list of WR's in the league is ridiculous!!:banging:
EDIT: haha I saw Limas Sweed even though it's Steve Limas Sweed Johnson
fuunny!

DanRooney
08-24-2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhK2pWZ2dM

Awesome coverage by Taylor.

madtowndrunkard
08-24-2011, 11:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHhK2pWZ2dM

Awesome coverage by Taylor.

That coverage was horrible...but it wouldn't have mattered. If Ike was all over him that ball would have still landed right in his arms...he couldn't have thrown a better ball. Rod Woodson in his prime couldn't have defended that.

tony hipchest
08-25-2011, 12:41 AM

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Calvin Johnson
4. Greg Jennings
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Mike Wallace
7. DeSean Jackson
8. Hakeem Nicks
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Santonio Holmes
12. Anquan Boldin
12. Vincent Jackson
13. Marques Colston
14. Miles Austin
15. Dwayne Bowe
16. Roddy White
17. Mike Williams
18. Jeremy Maclin
19. Dez Bryant
20. Sidney Rice

the fact that roddy white was 16th "off the top of your head" explains alot.

theres alot of 1 hit wonders in there, and only 1 is a SB mvp (former steelers who attributes his professionalism to ward) and none listed are the respective leaders of most statistical categories in their teams franchise. none have a mirror ball trophy or the esteem as the "nfl's most dirtiest player". none has rules enacted to prevent them from playing whistle to whistle and blasting a defender.

do you really think half these clowns listed in your list could mentor e. sanders or a. brown?

if so, i point and laugh in your general direction. :point: (and make no mistake, brandon marshall is a clown. im suprised you didnt list kenny britt.)

jerry rice certainly wasnt the best WR in the league when he was with the raiders, but he definitely was a major contributor to their SB run.

and ultimately, that is what really matters when it comes to a team player in a team game.

DanRooney
08-25-2011, 12:48 AM
the fact that roddy white was 16th "off the top of your head" explains alot.

theres alot of 1 hit wonders in there, and only 1 is a SB mvp (former steelers who attributes his professionalism to ward) and none listed are the respective leaders of most statistical categories in their teams franchise. none have a mirror ball trophy or the esteem as the "nfl's most dirtiest player". none has rules enacted to prevent them from playing whistle to whistle and blasting a defender.

do you really think half these clowns listed in your list could mentor e. sanders or a. brown?

if so, i point and laugh in your general direction. :point:

jerry rice certainly wasnt the best WR in the league when he was with the raiders, but he definitely was a major contributor to their SB run.

and ultimately, that is what really matters when it comes to a team player in a team game.

This list obviously wasn't in order. As I mentioned, this came from the top of my head and there's probably more that are better than Ward at this point of his career.

What does mentoring WRs have anything to do with being the better WR at this point of their careers? Charlie Batch mentored Ben for years (I think he still tries to) but I don't see him anywhere on the top of the NFL's 200 list. Lots of veteran players mentor younger guys. I would take any of those WRs I listed over Ward right now. Mike Wallace is technically a one hit wonder. Would you resign Ward or Mike Wallace next year if you had an option of the two?

Ward had an amazing career. Obviously, you would take Ward's CAREER over many of those player's careers on the list if you're talking HOF eligibility. But if you want to talk about career, I would have put in guys like Randy Moss and T.O. instead of some of the younger players.

Talking now and into the future, Ward doesn't really deserve to be ranked high on a top 200 list.

tony hipchest
08-25-2011, 01:03 AM
This list obviously wasn't in order. As I mentioned, this came from the top of my head and there's probably more that are better than Ward at this point of his career.

What does mentoring WRs have anything to do with being the better WR at this point of their careers? Charlie Batch mentored Ben for years (I think he still tries to) but I don't see him anywhere on the top of the NFL's 200 list. Lots of veteran players mentor younger guys. I would take any of those WRs I listed over Ward right now. Mike Wallace is technically a one hit wonder. Would you resign Ward or Mike Wallace next year if you had an option of the two?

Ward had an amazing career. Obviously, you would take Ward's CAREER over many of those player's careers on the list if you're talking HOF eligibility. But if you want to talk about career, I would have put in guys like Randy Moss and T.O. instead of some of the younger players.

Talking now and into the future, Ward doesn't really deserve to be ranked high on a top 200 list.

charlie batch never qb'd a team to 3 superbowls. never won an mvp.

your argument is like saying joe montana wasnt a top 200 player in the league as soon as he went to the cheifs, simple because he was nearing the end of the road.

some people (like myself and the steelers org) are just into more than fantasy football stats. :hunch:

DanRooney
08-25-2011, 01:08 AM
charlie batch never qb'd a team to 3 superbowls. never won an mvp.

your argument is like saying joe montana wasnt a top 200 player in the league as soon as he went to the cheifs, simple because he was nearing the end of the road.

some people (like myself and the steelers org) are just into more than fantasy football stats. :hunch:

So you're trying to tell me Brett Favre was a top 200 player last year with the Vikings because he won a SB and was MVP in 1997?

tony hipchest
08-25-2011, 01:16 AM
So you're trying to tell me Brett Favre was a top 200 player last year with the Vikings because he won a SB and was MVP in 1997?

did you happen to see him play in 2009?

its easy to say he sucked after the fact. thats the easy way out.

did you happen to see his salary in 2010? easilly top 20, let alone top 200.

revisionist history doesnt make you any more correct in your assessment that ward isnt a top 200 player.

i think (and pretty much know) you are wrong. nothing you have said to this point (or will likely say in the future) will change that.

:drink:

DanRooney
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
did you happen to see him play in 2009?

its easy to say he sucked after the fact. thats the easy way out.

did you happen to see his salary in 2010? easilly top 20, let alone top 200.

revisionist history doesnt make you any more correct in your assessment that ward isnt a top 200 player.

i think (and pretty much know) you are wrong. nothing you have said to this point (or will likely say in the future) will change that.

:drink:

You mention his salary as a reason he was top 20 in Favre's final year? The one where he threw 11 TDs and 20 INTs? Favre's year with the Jets and his final year were more on point to where he was at that point of his career. If anything, his first year with the Vikings was more indicative of just how important Sidney Rice was to their offense. That team was stacked with weapons. I remember him scoring so many touchdowns from inside the 5 because defenses were almost positive AP was going to run it in.

Anyway, in a nutshell, you're arguing:
-Favre is one of the elite QBs in the league still (and he should come out of retirement)
-Ward is one of the elite WRs in the league still (and he shouldn't retire anytime soon)

And I'm disagreeing 100%. If you think you are right, you need to have your head checked.

Are you still one of the guys hoping Willie Parker returns?