PDA

View Full Version : big ben arrested in switzerland??????

tony hipchest
05-30-2006, 09:59 PM
for cutting the cheeze in public. appearantly a local police officer didnt like the tone of his fart. :sofunny:

on a more serious note....... does he still ride without a helmet and will cowher fine or suspend him for having long hair?

MattsMe
05-30-2006, 10:27 PM
for cutting the cheeze in public. appearantly a local police officer didnt like the tone of his fart. :sofunny:

on a more serious note....... does he still ride without a helmet and will cowher fine or suspend him for having long hair?

:sofunny: 99 days days to go, can't wait for the season to start.

SteelShooter
05-30-2006, 10:29 PM
:sofunny: 99 days days to go, can't wait for the season to start.

Amen Brother...Amen!

I'm getting tired of NFL Network repeats, and my SuperBowl DVD is already almost worn out.

clevestinks
05-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Ben doesn`t fart, he poops rose petals I heard! LOL

DIESELMAN
05-31-2006, 11:44 AM
His shit stinks just like everyone elses the only difference is he uses the fumes to disorient the secondary and it puts a little more mustard behind his throws.....:helmet:

hardwork
05-31-2006, 12:43 PM
Big Ben

Negatives:

1) Can be rattled.
2) Prone to making bad decisions under duress.
3)Didn't play well in the biggest game of his career.
4) Lacking in some important leadership skills.
5) Possibly injury prone. Already missed some games in only the first two years of his career. Expect more of same.

Positives:

1) May be a true Steeler.
2) Has support of team.
3) Has good coaching.
4) Clearly can win.
5) Great size.
6) Unquestioned toughness.
7) Has that certain unexplainable quality.

Future?

Very difficult to project. Could be taken out by injury. Most likely will continue to produce at roughly the same level without either much improvement or loss of effectiveness.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Big Ben

Negatives:

1) Can be rattled.
2) Prone to making bad decisions under duress.
3)Didn't play well in the biggest game of his career.
4) Lacking in some important leadership skills.
5) Possibly injury prone. Already missed some games in only the first two years of his career. Expect more of same.

Bwahahahahahaha! This is laughable...even that idiot LITP gives Ben more props.

1. Rattled? When? Where? In fact, I'd say he probably is the most unshakable QB in the NFL right now.
2. A product of being so much better than those around him his whole life, trying to make things happen all by himself...and he's cut down his errors exponentially from year one to two. Wrong again.
3. So? Almost absurd observation, considering how he played in all the other "most important games" leading up to that one.
4. Could you be any more vague? And by all reports, Ben is ready to take the next step, and in only his 3rd year.
5. Played the most important games of his career with a busted up throwing thumb, so he can play through pain.

Future? Barring serious injury, elite NFL QB despite run first system in Pittsburgh.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
ben farts in hardworks general direction.

"2) Prone to making bad decisions under duress." - see tom brady vs. champ bailey

positives missed:

can run for the 1st down on just about any play - great scrambler
makes something out of nothing on broken plays
youth is on his side

funny how he "lacks in impt leadership skills" yet has the "support of his team"

hardwork
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
...even that idiot LITP gives Ben more props.

Well he isn't as perceptive as I am.

BTW, you didn't note my positives.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
In the Iowa game his junior year, he was getting the crap kicked out him by possibly the best defense in college football that year, and he really only had Nance on the field with him. He took some chances, and made some bad decsions, but after each INT, he came back out and battled as hard or harder. Even when he was winging the ball all over the place in the NE AFCCG, he kept his composure and came back out and damn near brought the Steelers back...Hell, Plax catches that lobbed softball that my 85 year old grandmother could have snagged in the endzone and the Steelers were right back in the game.

Nerves. Of. Steel.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
great scrambler

funny how he "lacks in impt leadership skills" yet has the "support of his team"

Great scrambler? That won't last long.

Nothing contradictory about having team support while lacking in some important leadership skills. That just notes a cohesive team.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
In the Iowa game his junior year, he was getting the crap kicked out him by possibly the best defense in college football that year, and he really only had Nance on the field with him. He took some chances, and made some bad decsions, but after each INT, he came back out and battled as hard or harder.

I didn't see that game but I don't doubt it. I said he has that certain quality.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
In the Iowa game his junior year, he was getting the crap kicked out him by possibly the best defense in college football that year, and he really only had Nance on the field with him. He took some chances, and made some bad decsions, but after each INT, he came back out and battled as hard or harder. Even when he was winging the ball all over the place in the NE AFCCG, he kept his composure and came back out and damn near brought the Steelers back...Hell, Plax catches that lobbed softball that my 85 year old grandmother could have snagged in the endzone and the Steelers were right back in the game.

Nerves. Of. Steel.

We talked about that Iowa game before and thats such a good point. That was the game that sold me on Ben Roethlisberger being an elite NFL QB one day. Ben has exceeded all my expectations of him so far in the NFL. Ben will only continue to improve.

Also so true about Plax in that AFC title game. What a waste of height and talent.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Great scrambler? That won't last long.

sure it will. probably longer career than the statue drew bledsoe who im sure you are familiar with. what are thes important leadership skills you have pulled out of thin air. ben has all of the tools that any other top qb in the game has. he simply has it all. he can even cut you some cheeze to go with that wine.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 07:59 PM
probably longer career than the statue drew bledsoe who im sure you are familiar with

Never heard of him.

Leadership skills? Ben just doesn't have that command presence, and never will. He just doesn't breath that fire of invincibility the way Brady does, or the way Unitas did, going down the field. Doesn't have it.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Interesting...I KNOW Brady didn't have any of these qualities in his first year, but he held a mean clipboard.

Ben has complete command of the offense, and will emerge as the clear leader this year, just like he did at Miami.

Cape Cod Steel Head
Never heard of him.

Leadership skills? Ben just doesn't have that command presence, and never will. He just doesn't breath that fire of invincibility the way Brady does, or the way Unitas did, going down the field. Doesn't have it.HMMM.... Just look at what he has accomplished in his brief career. I don't care about what he doesn't have. Whatever he does have appears to be working just fine thank you very much!:bouncy:

tony hipchest
Never heard of him.

Leadership skills? Ben just doesn't have that command presence, and never will. He just doesn't breath that fire of invincibility the way Brady does, or the way Unitas did, going down the field. Doesn't have it. sure he does. thats why hes lost fewer games than both aformentionned qb's. if brady or unitas had the command and fire of ben they wouldve never lost. just wait till ben gets some more experience under his belt. watch out! (bens not afraid to take a hit he feels so invincible)

hardwork
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Interesting...I KNOW Brady didn't have any of these qualities in his first year, but he held a mean clipboard.

Sure he did. They just weren't on display.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
Contrary to popular myth, Brady didn't just step onto the field and achieve Godhood immediately...there was a maturation process, and a learning curve. He was also a few years older than Ben when he took HIS first meaningful NFL snap.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Contrary to popular myth, Brady didn't just step onto the field and achieve Godhood immediately...there was a maturation process, and a learning curve. He was also a few years older than Ben when he took HIS first meaningful NFL snap. brady also got to sit behind, and learn from a much better college qb than ben did.

drew henson

edit: that sounded like i was saying henson was a better college qb than ben

3 to be 4
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Well he isn't as perceptive as I am.

BTW, you didn't note my positives.

ok, i will!

Your military service. thank you!
Your loyalty to the Patriots.
Your impeccable style and grace.
that certain something you bring to a conversation.
Your potato salad is out of this world

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Contrary to popular myth, Brady didn't just step onto the field and achieve Godhood immediately...there was a maturation process, and a learning curve. He was also a few years older than Ben when he took HIS first meaningful NFL snap.

Very true. Also no offense to Ken Whisenhunt. He is a very good coach. But Tom Brady had Charlie Weiss as his offensive cordinator. Now credit has to go to Brady. Coaching alone won't make you a great player. But Weiss is the best offensive mind in football today in my opinion. I hate Notre Dame but seeing what Brady Quinn did with only one year with Charlie proves to me what an impact coaching can have on a player.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
My only (and obvious) point is that great leaders at the QB position are NEVER made after 2 years...even when we talk of the sacred and holy Tom Brady...

mvherring
06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I think this guy has Big Ben confused with Kyle Boller or something???

Suitanim
06-01-2006, 10:48 AM
(From an article in another post in this forum)
"BR: I'm not trying to force the issue of taking over the leadership role. We've got (wide receiver) Hines (Ward). We've got (guard) Alan Faneca. Those are kind of our leaders on offense. I'm just going to accept the role they're giving me. Guys are kind of naturally putting me in the leadership role, being the quarterback. I'm just trying to make sure I can take charge of the offense, because I know a lot of guys are looking at me and counting on me to be able to make plays and not make mistakes. I want to be able to do that for them."

Sounds like a leader to me...

BlitzburghRockCity
06-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Thats the perfect attitude to have. You cant make people listen to you. You prove it to them with your actions on and off the field. First you have to respect someone then they can become a leader. Ben already has the respect and whatever leadership role he takes on the team will be determined as time goes on but he's clearly on his way...

DIESELMAN
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Thats the perfect attitude to have. You cant make people listen to you. You prove it to them with your actions on and off the field. First you have to respect someone then they can become a leader. Ben already has the respect and whatever leadership role he takes on the team will be determined as time goes on but he's clearly on his way...
I agree.......respect is earned and Ben has definitely earned it. As time goes by he will be the leader he will have no choice, he will be put into situations where everyone will look to him because he is the QB. When its 4th and 3 with 23 seconds left in the game and everybody has left everything on the field and everyone is thinking they don't have anything left Big Ben will be the one to say " hey listen up I'm still here I got 2 plays left in my arm you guys dig deep and give me everything you got and I promise you we will win this Super Bowl and go home Champs once again". He has the maturity level beyond his years and he has his best years still in front of him. Even though we have leaders already on the team I say Big Ben needs to be the leader maybe not this year but within a few he does need to be THE ONE and will be THE ONE. Kind of like Joe Montana when the chips are down you just know that with him on the field everything will be ok and we will find a way to win. Exuding confidence that rubs off on everyone else is a big motivator and at Ben's young age and what he has accomplished already he is well on his way.

3 to be 4
06-01-2006, 09:04 PM

agreed. thats why there was such a Brady vs Bledsoe debate in Boston

Game 1 44-13 over the Colts. Great
Game 2 10-3 (i think) loss at Miami. Horrible
Game 3 29-26 over the Chargers. Great
Game 4 great in win at Indy
Game 5 after a great half at Denver, 4 INTS in the 4th QTR. Horrible overall
Game 6 Very good in win at Atlanta
Game 7 so-so in win vs Buffalo
Game 8 mixed in loss vs the Rams

Bledsoe is ready to go. Brady has gone 5-3. Belichick goes with Brady.

Game 9 Great in win vs Saints
Game 10. lousy in 1st half, great in 2nd half in win at Jets
Game 11 average in win vs Browns
Game 12 HORRIBLE until he had to bring them back at the end at Buffalo.
Game 13 very good at home vs Miami
Game 14 very good at Carolina

so Brady wasnt exactly Marino in his first full season, overall he was very good with great flashes at the end of games (SD, NY Jets, Buffalo, then in playoffs against Raiders and Rams)

it was the flashes of brilliance in clutch situations that told you he COULD be another Montana. He wasnt Great until 2003.