PDA

View Full Version : Lefty taken to hospital

BossAus
08-27-2011, 09:20 PM
After suffering what looked to be a serious forearm injury in the game.

Wallabeast17
08-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Yea it looked bad!

sharkweek
08-27-2011, 09:49 PM
dude is Mr. Glass from Unbreakable

st33lhairs
08-27-2011, 09:54 PM
who in the hell dives like that? you'd swear he is still in his rookie year....

Deserei90
08-27-2011, 09:55 PM
On twitter Leftwich never went to the Hospital as being reported. But he broke his arm.:banging:

ricardisimo
08-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Either Batch or Dixon has a set of voodoo dolls back home with a few dozen pins in it. :noidea:
http://www.myemoticons.com/images/people/baddies/voodoo.gif

ricardisimo
08-27-2011, 09:57 PM
On twitter Leftwich never went to the Hospital as being reported. But he broke his arm.:banging:
What? He went to grab a few beers to dull the pain?

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Has Batch even played during the preseason?:noidea:

I guess he gets some work next week.

The problem is who gets cut since Dixon and Batch both stay for now (and I assume Leftwich does not go on IR)

ricardisimo
08-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Has Batch even played during the preseason?:noidea:

I guess he gets some work next week.

The problem is who gets cut since Dixon and Batch both stay for now (and I assume Leftwich does not go on IR)
Why not IR?

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Why not IR?

Earlier word was he might be out a month

QB situation more murky than ever. Broken non throwing arm might be a month to heal for leftwich. batch/dixon still might be on hot seat.

http://twitter.com/#!/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/107641258125705216

Not anymore

Word is leftwich broke humurus. Out for year.

http://twitter.com/#!/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/107646370885812224

Twitter reports are great source of real time info

tony hipchest
08-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Twitter reports are great source of real time info

twitter is for high school girls. :rolleyes: i wont believe it until i hear it from tomlin or mr rooney himself.

/end past mod impersonations.

:coffee:

charlie batch breaks a leg stepping out of the shower so im thinking he doesnt get too much work in the finale.

kinda strange that lefty would be putting on his best charlie batch act. = 2 qb's who should NEVER run.

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2011, 10:32 PM
twitter is for high school girls. :rolleyes: .

I used to think so too, but reporters are breaking stories that way to be first

Trib-Review reporters are younger and Dulac/Bouchette from the P-G are behind on tweeting

Third Rail
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Shame about Lefty. I know a lot of people have been hard on him but I'll always love the guy for what he did for us in 2008. Hope he's not out for the season.

sharkweek
08-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Shame about Lefty. I know a lot of people have been hard on him but I'll always love the guy for what he did for us in 2008. Hope he's not out for the season.

ditto

I think he's a legit baller and perfect as our backup QB but unfortunately has just been too fragile

can't help but feel bad for the dude considering my immediate reaction was "there goes his career" and then thinking that's probably what he was thinking as well, and all for a stupid scramble (that he somehow failed epically and basically injured himself) in a virtually meaningless preseason game

stb_steeler
08-27-2011, 11:06 PM
His arm kind of looked like a compound break, but not sticking out. You could see a lump on his forearm.......YIKES!...They said during the game he left for hospital, i couldnt imagine not going to have that looked at. He looked almost like he was goin to pass out.

Steeldude
08-27-2011, 11:10 PM
i would take leftwich with two broken arms over a healthy dixon :chuckle:

Third Rail
08-27-2011, 11:13 PM
ditto

I think he's a legit baller and perfect as our backup QB but unfortunately has just been too fragile

can't help but feel bad for the dude considering my immediate reaction was "there goes his career" and then thinking that's probably what he was thinking as well, and all for a stupid scramble (that he somehow failed epically and basically injured himself) in a virtually meaningless preseason game

You're probably right but my concern is that Batch and Dixon have both been pretty fragile over the years too. Hope they will hold up better than he did.

But yeah, that was a dumb move on his part. Hate to kick a guy when he's down, but I wish he would have played that a little smarter.

Third Rail
08-27-2011, 11:14 PM
i would take leftwich with two broken arms over a healthy dixon :chuckle:

I'd take a comatose Dixon over all the QBs on the 49ers roster. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2011, 11:34 PM
chad pennington is available...:noidea:

Wallace108
08-27-2011, 11:40 PM

:sofunny:

Originally, I was pissed when we drafted Plax instead of Pennington. Since we just missed out on Plax, we could get Pennington. It could all come full circle. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-27-2011, 11:45 PM

lefty probably has more arm strength in his broken non throwing arm than pennington has.

while pennington IS smart as a whip, i think he would render wallace and brown null and void.

we will probably just go with dixon and batch and not blink (just like last year).

i feel bad for byron. he just cant catch a break (no pun intended).

Third Rail
08-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey, don't disrespect Chad Pennington. He helped the Dolphins rebuild after a 1-15 season.

And Chad Henne is helping them get back down there. :chuckle:

Wallace108
08-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey, don't disrespect Chad Pennington. He helped the Dolphins rebuild after a 1-15 season.

And Chad Henne is helping them get back down there. :chuckle:

:toofunny:

ricardisimo
08-28-2011, 02:10 AM
twitter is for high school girls. :rolleyes:
I used to love making high school girls twitter. Those were the days... :love:

Kingmagyar
08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
The look on Byran's face was very scary as he began pointing down at his arm quickly . He looked horrified. I think it really freaked him out that his arm was dead like that. Very scary moment. Love the competitor in him as he tried to run for a first down, but he really is slow and should not have tried that.

Great guy and I feel bad for him.

steeltheone
08-29-2011, 06:38 PM
If feel bad for him too...But he is worthless to the club because of injuries...You need Batch and Lefty to make 1 QB. Both will get hurt at different times. Dixon has has that potential also.

fer522
08-29-2011, 06:51 PM
if they sneeze they hurt their backs
if they cough there's a chance they can brake their necks
and if they run they'll break every bone that has not been broken before :banging:

cut all three i dont give a rat's ass anymore