PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 players: Fleeting moments of glory

Ohio Steeler
05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Good Read I found I only listed the Steelers on here for the whole list go to the link

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9469847?topfifty53006

Top 50 players: Fleeting moments of glory
May 30, 2006
By Pete Prisco
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

The NFL is a cruel business for its players. I've always believed that, which is why players should enjoy it while they can. It goes so fast, their time in the spotlight limited, the big-money years coming and going, replaced by the reality that it's over.

That becomes even more evident to me each summer when I sit down to do the CBS SportsLine.com list of the Top 50 players in the league, which is something I've been doing the past six years.

It's amazing to see the change from one year to the next. Players rise, players fall. Age impacts some, their spot taken by somebody with the vigor of youth. The injured get discarded like a worn-out pair of socks, their perch among the game's elite no longer in their grasp.

Two years ago, the No. 3 player on our list was Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair. The No. 4 player was Kansas City Chiefs running back Priest Holmes.

Want to know where they are on this year's top 50? Scan it all you want. You won't find them.

Injuries and age have sent those two falling like Tom Cruise's popularity. McNair, who might play for the Baltimore Ravens this year, can still get it done, but he isn't as good as he was in 2004, when he was coming off a co-MVP season.

In 2003, Holmes ran for 1,420 yards and scored 27 touchdowns, earning him the high ranking in our 2004 Top 50. Since then, he has played in a total of 15 games because of injuries and has rushed for 1,343 yards the past two seasons. There's talk he might be forced to retire because of a neck injury.

That's so cruel. That's the NFL.

The flip side is the emergence of young stars, players who have found their way into the top 10, a guy like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.

When we did the rankings in June 2004, Palmer was coming off a rookie season in which he didn't take one snap. There was no way he could be ranked anywhere close to the top 50.

Two years later, he's the fifth-ranked player in the league, despite suffering a serious knee injury last January.

That's how quickly thinks change.

One thing that hasn't changed is the top-rated player. For the third consecutive year, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning tops the list. Manning had another outstanding season in 2005, leading the Colts to best record in the league before they choked away their chance to win a Super Bowl.

Manning remains the game's best player, on his way to becoming perhaps the game's greatest passer. He is certainly on his way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The reason he tops this list is simple. It's because he's the answer to this question:

If there was an open draft of all NFL players, who would be the first player taken?

Manning would top most lists.

So he stays at the top here, followed closely for the second consecutive year by New England quarterback Tom Brady. They are a strong 1-2, where great quarterbacks should be. Palmer is right behind them, even with the major knee surgery. He's making progress in his rehab and might be there for the season opener. If not, his return shouldn't be long after that.

As for Holmes and McNair, their futures remain cloudy. McNair will play somewhere this season, even if his skills have eroded. Holmes might not play at all. His career might be over.

That's why neither can be found in this Top 50, only two years from being among the top five.

When they say the NFL chews you up and spits you out, they aren't kidding. The rise can be slow -- McNair and Holmes are proof of that -- but the fall is usually swift.

Fame is fleeting. The NFL reminds of us of that every year, especially when it's time to rate the game's best.

17. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers: He made big strides in his second season, and we can expect more this season. He's just behind Carson Palmer on the quarterback pecking order for third place.

23. Troy Polamalu, S, Steelers: He became a force for the Steelers defense in 2005. He seemed to be all over the field. He does need to improve in coverage before he moves higher up this list.

Just missed: Hines Ward, WR, Steelers

3 to be 4
05-30-2006, 11:48 PM
**** Manning

Ohio Steeler
05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
just think he more then likly go down as the greatest QB with out a ring :sofunny:

Good Read I found I only listed the Steelers on here for the whole list go to the link

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9469847?topfifty53006

Top 50 players: Fleeting moments of glory
May 30, 2006
By Pete Prisco
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

The NFL is a cruel business for its players. I've always believed that, which is why players should enjoy it while they can. It goes so fast, their time in the spotlight limited, the big-money years coming and going, replaced by the reality that it's over.

That becomes even more evident to me each summer when I sit down to do the CBS SportsLine.com list of the Top 50 players in the league, which is something I've been doing the past six years.

It's amazing to see the change from one year to the next. Players rise, players fall. Age impacts some, their spot taken by somebody with the vigor of youth. The injured get discarded like a worn-out pair of socks, their perch among the game's elite no longer in their grasp.

Two years ago, the No. 3 player on our list was Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair. The No. 4 player was Kansas City Chiefs running back Priest Holmes.

Want to know where they are on this year's top 50? Scan it all you want. You won't find them.

Injuries and age have sent those two falling like Tom Cruise's popularity. McNair, who might play for the Baltimore Ravens this year, can still get it done, but he isn't as good as he was in 2004, when he was coming off a co-MVP season.

In 2003, Holmes ran for 1,420 yards and scored 27 touchdowns, earning him the high ranking in our 2004 Top 50. Since then, he has played in a total of 15 games because of injuries and has rushed for 1,343 yards the past two seasons. There's talk he might be forced to retire because of a neck injury.

That's so cruel. That's the NFL.

The flip side is the emergence of young stars, players who have found their way into the top 10, a guy like Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.

When we did the rankings in June 2004, Palmer was coming off a rookie season in which he didn't take one snap. There was no way he could be ranked anywhere close to the top 50.

Two years later, he's the fifth-ranked player in the league, despite suffering a serious knee injury last January.

That's how quickly thinks change.

One thing that hasn't changed is the top-rated player. For the third consecutive year, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning tops the list. Manning had another outstanding season in 2005, leading the Colts to best record in the league before they choked away their chance to win a Super Bowl.

Manning remains the game's best player, on his way to becoming perhaps the game's greatest passer. He is certainly on his way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The reason he tops this list is simple. It's because he's the answer to this question:

If there was an open draft of all NFL players, who would be the first player taken?

Manning would top most lists.

So he stays at the top here, followed closely for the second consecutive year by New England quarterback Tom Brady. They are a strong 1-2, where great quarterbacks should be. Palmer is right behind them, even with the major knee surgery. He's making progress in his rehab and might be there for the season opener. If not, his return shouldn't be long after that.

As for Holmes and McNair, their futures remain cloudy. McNair will play somewhere this season, even if his skills have eroded. Holmes might not play at all. His career might be over.

That's why neither can be found in this Top 50, only two years from being among the top five.

When they say the NFL chews you up and spits you out, they aren't kidding. The rise can be slow -- McNair and Holmes are proof of that -- but the fall is usually swift.

Fame is fleeting. The NFL reminds of us of that every year, especially when it's time to rate the game's best.

17. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Steelers: He made big strides in his second season, and we can expect more this season. He's just behind Carson Palmer on the quarterback pecking order for third place.

23. Troy Polamalu, S, Steelers: He became a force for the Steelers defense in 2005. He seemed to be all over the field. He does need to improve in coverage before he moves higher up this list.

Just missed: Hines Ward, WR, Steelers

CantStop85
05-31-2006, 12:45 AM
5. Carson Palmer, QB, Bengals: He's coming off knee surgery, which is a concern, but he has made big strides in his recovery. He had an amazing season in 2005 and we can expect many more.

9. Chad Johnson, WR, Bengals: He talks a big game, but you have to love the fact he backs it up. This kid is good for the NFL, and he's a great player.
This Prisco guy is a smart fellow.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 01:30 AM
I see they dropped Seymour down to 12.

I don't know about Manning over Brady. Would Manning have 3 rings if he was a Patriot? And would Brady be ringless if he was a Colt?

Ohio Steeler
05-31-2006, 01:48 AM

I don't know about Manning over Brady. Would Manning have 3 rings if he was a Patriot? And would Brady be ringless if he was a Colt?

I was thinking the same thing, the way I look at it is if I where a GM and I was bulding a team and could only pick from Brady or Manning I would pick Brady because he has show me he can win the Big one...

boLT fan
05-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Overall I think it's good except for a few things:

1. I think Brady should be ahead of Manning
2. I think McNabb should be much high
3. I'm not trying to be a homer, but I think Gates should be a little higher.
4. WTF? VICK? He doesn't belong in the top 300.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
just think he more then likly go down as the greatest QB with out a ring

No Peyton won't even go down as that. Dan Marino will always hold that honor. Its to bad also. Marino was a great QB. Dan Marino deserved a ring.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 06:28 PM

Thats a good question and an interesting one at that. I will say this I doubt Tom Brady would be ringless if he played for the Colts. Hell Tom might have more then three. I can't stand Tom Brady. Being a Steelers fan you have to understand. But Brady has proved time and time again he is the best QB in the NFL.

Now Peyton Manning with the Pats I don't think Peyton would have a ring. I really don't. He can't even advance to the Super Bowl with all the offensive help he has had around him in his career with the Colts. Peyton groupies always said the defense let the team down. But this year the Colts defense was very good and the Colts still went home early. Also Peyton plays in that stupid dome. I hate domes. The Colts are nothing more then a great arena football team. Thats what the Colts remind me of when watching them is a arena football team.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
The Colts are nothing more then a great arena football team. Thats what the Colts remind me of when watching them is a arena football team.

It sure looks that way. With Manning just being the best arena QB this side of Doug Flutie(yeah I know, Flutie never played arena fooball). But, even still, he couldn't win inside when he meet the Steelers.

How long do you place him at #1 bassed soley on his stats? If he doesn't win soon, you can't.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 06:59 PM
peyton gets a ring if he starts 2 games for the pats. sb's in 01 and 04. (and the pats win by more than 3)

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
It sure looks that way. With Manning just being the best arena QB this side of Doug Flutie(yeah I know, Flutie never played arena fooball). But, even still, he couldn't win inside when he meet the Steelers.

How long do you place him at #1 bassed soley on his stats? If he doesn't win soon, you can't.

Peyton isn't number one in my book. Tom Brady to me is the best QB in the NFL. I live in Indiana so I put up with the Peyton love fest on a daily basis. Colts fans actually think Peyton can walk on water. That might be true but he can't get his team to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:06 PM
This article is just about as valuable as any other Prisco article, which means it makes good lining for bird cages or litter boxes.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
This article is just about as valuable as any other Prisco article, which means it makes good lining for bird cages or litter boxes.

Thats funny I just put this exact article in my cats litter pan just the other day. My cat has been taking a nice big dump on Pete for days.:bouncy: :bouncy:

hardwork
05-31-2006, 07:12 PM
peyton gets a ring if he starts 2 games for the pats. sb's in 01 and 04. (and the pats win by more than 3)

Nothing personal Tony but, there's somthin' wrong with you. Other then that you're alright.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Thats funny I just put this exact article in my cats litter pan just the other day. My cat has been taking a nice big dump on Pete for days.:bouncy: :bouncy:

Actually, Prisco is also useful reading before visiting your bookie...just do the opposite of what Pete says.

Hell, that'd make a good "WWJD" rip-off bracelet. JDTOP (Just do the opposite of Prisco).

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Actually, Prisco is also useful reading before visiting your bookie...just do the opposite of what Pete says.

Hell, that'd make a good "WWJD" rip-off bracelet. JDTOP (Just do the opposite of Prisco).

That is so very true. I remember Pete actually picked the Texans to beat the Steelers last year. Good call there Pete.:dang:

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 07:44 PM
He was only off by, what? 40-some points?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 07:49 PM
He was only off by, what? 40-some points?

Something like that. Pete should have been shot for just picking the Texans.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Nothing personal Tony but, there's somthin' wrong with you. Other then that you're alright.

:sofunny: right bach atcha! seriously though, if brady werent starting the sb vs. the rams who would you rather have? bledsoe or manning? manning proved last year vs. the steelers he was capable of leading a comeback in a big game.

2 shots in the enzone were a bad idea. maybe stripping him of his offensive coordinator duties is akin to stripping mike holmgren of his gm duties. leads to more productivity in the job at hand.

vanderjact missing his fg was 10x more horrible than s. norwoods miss. atleast norwood was kinda close. that kick cant be blamed on manning (unless he was acting as the offensive coord instead of the qb). if he cant shoulder the blame, then the kicker situation has been adressed. still maybe manning carry's too much weight of the offense.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
:sofunny: right bach atcha! seriously though, if brady werent starting the sb vs. the rams who would you rather have? bledsoe or manning? manning proved last year vs. the steelers he was capable of leading a comeback in a big game.

2 shots in the enzone were a bad idea. maybe stripping him of his offensive coordinator duties is akin to stripping mike holmgren of his gm duties. leads to more productivity in the job at hand.

vanderjact missing his fg was 10x more horrible than s. norwoods miss. atleast norwood was kinda close. that kick cant be blamed on manning (unless he was acting as the offensive coord instead of the qb). if he cant shoulder the blame, then the kicker situation has been adressed. still maybe manning carry's too much weight of the offense.

Very good points Tony. But Peyton going back to his college days has been known as a choker. The guy is a great QB. There is no question about that. But I don't what it is he just doesn't seem to have that so called "it" in big games. I just find it funny. Peyton couldn't lead the Vols to a national title. The next year after Peyton graduated. The great Tee Martin led the Vols to a national title. Is Tee Martin better then Peyton? Hell no but I just find that interesting.

Another reason I'm so hard on Peyton is the guy has had so much talent around him on offense. Yea the Colts defense wasn't always the greatest. But this past year the Colts defense was very good. Until I see Peyton at least lead his team to a Super Bowl I'll continue to knock him. Marino at least led the Phins to one Super Bowl. Plus Marino nearly didn't have the overall talent around him like Peyton has had.

hardwork
05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
:sofunny: right bach atcha! seriously though, if brady werent starting the sb vs. the rams who would you rather have? bledsoe or manning?

I would take Manning.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I would take Manning. im sure we all can agree that in 2001 it was the pats defense that bested "the greatest show on turf" moreso than the pats offense thwarting the rams defense.

in 2004 im sure we can agree that peyton manning leading the 15-1 steelers team at home in the afcc game (with the leagues BEST defense) wouldve been much more scary than facing a rookie qb in the biggest game of his life. i think peyton wouldve won a ring if he was the qb of the steelers or the pats in the 2004 sb (i still think ben and the steelers wouldve defeated the eagles if the steelers happened to advance)

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
im sure we all can agree that in 2001 it was the pats defense that bested "the greatest show on turf" moreso than the pats offense thwarting the rams defense.

in 2004 im sure we can agree that peyton manning leading the 15-1 steelers team at home in the afcc game (with the leagues BEST defense) wouldve been much more scary than facing a rookie qb in the biggest game of his life. i think peyton wouldve won a ring if he was the qb of the steelers or the pats in the 2004 sb (i still think ben and the steelers wouldve defeated the eagles if the steelers happened to advance)

Ok very good points and I agree totally that the Pats defense was the main reason the Pats won the Super Bowl that year. I agree also the Steelers would have beaten the Eagles in the Super Bowl in 2004 if we would have made it. Steelers bitch slapped the Eagles in the regular season that year.

About Peyton winning a ring with the 2004 Steelers or Pats. Let me start with the Steelers I have to disagree. My main reason. Peyton Manning's ego. Could you really see Peyton giving up stats and pass attempts like Ben has had to do so far. I couldn't hell Peyton has to be the offensive cordinator with the Colts.

I could see him maybe winning a ring with the 2004 Pats but I still bet he would lose in the AFC title game to the Steelers in 2004 to a rookie QB.

3 to be 4
05-31-2006, 08:40 PM

not a chance. Manning would have made the 2 or 3 mistakes that would have opened the floodgates for the Rams. the key to WB 36 was management of field position. Manning would have been too impatient.

And how could Manning have beaten the Eagles in the SB when hes NEVER shown he can win anything other than a divisional playoff game?

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 08:52 PM
not a chance. Manning would have made the 2 or 3 mistakes that would have opened the floodgates for the Rams. the key to WB 36 was management of field position. Manning would have been too impatient.

And how could Manning have beaten the Eagles in the SB when hes NEVER shown he can win anything other than a divisional playoff game?so youre telling me that manning, who is one of the most accurate and effiecient qb's out there today, couldnt manage a dink and dunk offense? if manning has the 2001 pats defense behind him does he feel the need to shoulder the load and try to win the game all by himself?

youre giving way too much credit to brady (who was a 1st year starter) and taking away way too much credit from belichick, crennel, and the patriots defensive squad, who formulated and executed a defensive plan. what also cant be discredited was the rams mindset going into the game and everybody who faced the pats that year in the playoffs thinking it would be a cake walk.

and if big ben couldve beaten the eagles in the playoffs so couldve manning (whether he were the qb of the colts, pats, or steelers. trent dilfer couldve beaten the eagles. donnovan mcnabb couldve beatten the eagles.

3 to be 4
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
im sure we all can agree that in 2001 it was the pats defense that bested "the greatest show on turf" moreso than the pats offense thwarting the rams defense.

absolutely it was the Patriots defense that won the SB. However, it took a QB like Brady to allow the defense to have a chance to do what they did. You put a Bledsoe in that game and he puts the D in bad situations the entire game. And at the end of SB 36 the defense was GASSED out. they were done. cooked. that game goes into OT and the Patriots lose.
so when someone had to step up and make sure that didnt happen they let loose of the reins and let Brady go out and win it and he responded. 98% of NFL QB's would have gagged up their lunch.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 09:02 PM
absolutely it was the Patriots defense that won the SB. However, it took a QB like Brady to allow the defense to have a chance to do what they did. You put a Bledsoe in that game and he puts the D in bad situations the entire game. And at the end of SB 36 the defense was GASSED out. they were done. cooked. that game goes into OT and the Patriots lose.
so when someone had to step up and make sure that didnt happen they let loose of the reins and let Brady go out and win it and he responded. 98% of NFL QB's would have gagged up their lunch. ben wouldnt have gagged. he is absolutely great in a final drive with the game on the line. and we are talking about putting manning in that game vs. bledsoe. manning is simply a better qb than bledsoe. bledsoe has had tools around him that gave him 2 sb appearances and a ring. manning never had a defense until last year (one that the 2nd year phenom qb and 2nd year o-coord grossly exposed)

3 to be 4
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
ben wouldnt have gagged. he is absolutely great in a final drive with the game on the line. and we are talking about putting manning in that game vs. bledsoe. manning is simply a better qb than bledsoe. bledsoe has had tools around him that gave him 2 sb appearances and a ring. manning never had a defense until last year (one that the 2nd year phenom qb and 2nd year o-coord grossly exposed)

hmm. point 1. agreed. Ben wouldnt have gagged, but you never know if a guy is capable of leading a drive to win a championship until he does it. And i said 98%, not 100%. Ben is the 2nd best QB in the NFL so im not knocking Ben.
point 2. agreed. im no Bledsoe fan. I was when he was Mr. Potential and i thought he was going to be another Marino or Aikman. Instead hes closer to Testeverde. Brady vs Bledsoe is like Montana vs Testeverde. Both will get into HOF. but c'mon....
point 3 . now its the Colts defense fault Manning never wins?? What about Mannings own dreadful performances? 3 points in 2004 at NE. 14 points in 2003 with 4 INTS.

Manning finds a way to lose to the 2001 Rams and 2004 Eagles. You have a much better arguement if you want to say Roethlisburger could win those SB's. Manning cannot face adversity at the highest level. he came close vs the Steelers but is he blameless for the Colts being that far behnd in the first place? And then he throws his OL under the bus after the game.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
i dont think that manning threw his OL under the bus after last year. he is the one who is calling for his protection schemes, so he was throwing his decisions and play calls under the bus as well. and therin lies the problem.

im no manning apologist but i do think he is a great player and enjoy watching him play just like marino or farve. maybe its time he just be the qb instead of o- coord AND qb. i think alot of his shortcomings have been from trying to overcompensate for the definsive weaknesses of his team. ones much more profound than last year (old habbits are hard to break)

only 2 quarterbacks have had as much controll of the offense as manning:

bradshaw and jim kelley. very telling, that one won 4 sb's and the other lost 4 (both winning or losing every one they were in). i wont say manning is incapable of atleast halfing that. making it to 2, winning 1 and losing 1.

hardwork
06-01-2006, 01:06 PM
you never know if a guy is capable of leading a drive to win a championship until he does it

That's right. There's only one QB in the NFL right now that you can say of, if he's under center, in a SB, and it comes down to a final drive, this guy will beat you. Tom Brady. No way you can say that of either Ben Rothnoburger, or Payton Manning.

tony hipchest
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
That's right. There's only one QB in the NFL right now that you can say of, if he's under center, in a SB, and it comes down to a final drive, this guy will beat you. Tom Brady. No way you can say that of either Ben Rothnoburger, or Payton Manning.
until brady throws a touchdown to win a champ game youre talking hogwash. vinatieri won those sb's.

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 03:04 AM
just think he more then likly go down as the greatest QB with out a ring

No Peyton won't even go down as that. Dan Marino will always hold that honor. Its to bad also. Marino was a great QB. Dan Marino deserved a ring.

I think I'm starting to like it here with comments like that. If only Don could draft defense or running backs to save his life. Pity.

Tha rock
06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
burgess led the leuge in sacks and should be on there

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 03:09 AM
This list pretty much blows if you ask me. That's little surprise given the author, though.

I'm not saying Culpepper should be in the top 50, but he should be there over Vick and Favre. It can't be the injury because Palmer is on the list. It can't be the bad season because as bad as Pepper was without his leading RB, two leading WRs, no OC, no owner, and without his center, Favre was worse last year.

Tha rock
06-03-2006, 03:10 AM
This list pretty much blows if you ask me. That's little surprise given the author, though.

I'm not saying Culpepper should be in the top 50, but he should be there over Vick and Favre. It can't be the injury because Palmer is on the list. It can't be the bad season because as bad as Pepper was without his leading RB, two leading WRs, no OC, no owner, and without his center, Favre was worse last year.

vick yes but not farve

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 03:16 AM
vick yes but not farve

Do you really expect that Favre will outperform Culpepper if Culpepper is healthy? To whatever extent you want to blame problems on the Packers for his season, those problems still exist.

Tha rock
06-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Do you really expect that Favre will outperform Culpepper if Culpepper is healthy? To whatever extent you want to blame problems on the Packers for his season, those problems still exist.

yes hes done alot more than daunte sorry i like daunte but farve will always be better.

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 03:25 AM
yes hes done alot more than daunte sorry i like daunte but farve will always be better.

Now I know you're joking. I'm pretty sure Culpepper will be the better QB once Brett has retired. Remember, we're talking about how good these players are now. Once they're no longer players, they're gone from this comparison.

Tha rock
06-03-2006, 03:39 AM
Now I know you're joking. I'm pretty sure Culpepper will be the better QB once Brett has retired. Remember, we're talking about how good these players are now. Once they're no longer players, they're gone from this comparison.

i guess

Jimmy James
06-03-2006, 03:40 AM
i guess

I'll take it!

Seriously, I understand the Culpepper uncertainty. I wanted Brees.

Tha rock
06-03-2006, 04:03 AM
I'll take it!

Seriously, I understand the Culpepper uncertainty. I wanted Brees.

LOL i would have to culpepper is someone who i think's best days are behind him

Suitanim
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I doubt that. The Dolphins have been impressed with him so far (although, they'd probably be impressed with ANY QB at this point). I think he'll rebound and be very productive again.