PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu's future

Want1MoreSB
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
"ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Steelers plan to use the franchise tag on Troy Polamalu next year.
The two sides may revisit long-term talks after the season, but the Steelers have a strict policy of no in-season negotiations. The front office doesn't have to worry about losing Mike Wallace because his free agency is restricted."
source: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/681/player?r=1
(http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/681/player?r=1)

I am a big fan of Troy. However, I was disappointed by his performance in the last SB. I must also blame the DC for not using him effectively. I am not how long Troy can play at the level that we are used to seeing.

55BaileyFan
08-28-2011, 08:54 AM
He was still coming off the injury at the end of the season...when he should have been sitting not playing. I think the Troy has looked awesome this pre-season and LeBeau is really impressing me with his new blitz schemes. He is shuffling more players and letting more of them roam.

I think Troy will get tagged and the Steelers will get deals done for him and Wallace.

solardave
08-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I agree Troy will get tagged and get a done deal in the off season. He shouldn't have even played in the SB IMHO.
He looked like he was about 50% to me. He looks like his old self so far this year and that's good news. I hope he stays healthy.

OX1947
08-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Troy was playing with a tear in his achilles in the Super Bowl. An injured Troy or a not playing Troy makes the defense extremely average.

DanRooney
08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm confident the Packers would have scored 60 without Troy playing in that game.

jwmann2
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
"ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms the Steelers plan to use the franchise tag on Troy Polamalu next year.
The two sides may revisit long-term talks after the season, but the Steelers have a strict policy of no in-season negotiations. The front office doesn't have to worry about losing Mike Wallace because his free agency is restricted."
source: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/681/player?r=1
(http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/681/player?r=1)

I am a big fan of Troy. However, I was disappointed by his performance in the last SB. I must also blame the DC for not using him effectively. I am not how long Troy can play at the level that we are used to seeing.

What about his performance in the 2005 Super Bowl? Troy is one of the main guys that got Pitt to the Super Bowl. Best safety in the league. There was no team that was going to stand in Green Bay's way last season. Steelers should be able to land both Wallace and Polamalu to long term deals.

blackandgoldsc
08-28-2011, 05:14 PM
There was no team that was going to stand in Green Bay's way last season after spotting them 21 easy points.

Fixed that for you

mizzouristeeler
08-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Fixed that for you

:thumbsup::rofl:

pancake
08-30-2011, 08:27 AM
I want to see Troy retire as a Steeler.

effyou515
08-30-2011, 10:23 AM
a healthy Troy jumps routes and gets the INTs and gives the ball back to the offense with a short field. he's a keeper. pay him the money.

with Ben missing the first four games last year took its toll on the defense and it showed at the end of the year.

Pentheon
08-30-2011, 12:33 PM
theyll for sure get troy a deal done when they get the chance too...no way they would let him go, and I really hope we can do something with wallace too, hes gonna be a star, him and brown...sanders too

OX1947
08-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Steelers seem to have been signing all their guys the last few years. I do not see them not continuing. The cap is at 120 mil for christ sake, how couldnt they.

pancake
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Steelers seem to have been signing all their guys the last few years. I do not see them not continuing. The cap is at 120 mil for christ sake, how couldnt they.

I look for a big jump in the cap next year too...

steelfury02
08-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Troy isn't going anywhere.
Wallace I'm saying 70/30 he stays.

We just need to win the SB this year and get rid of some dead weight . . .

PhantomJB93
08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
I had a nightmare last night that involved Troy and a #43 Ravens jersey