PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey injury

California-Steel
08-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Any update? Can't believe that this is not big news.

stb_steeler
08-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Said it was a sprain

California-Steel
08-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Said it was a sprainHow bad? Will he be ready for the opener? I know it was a sprain but to what degree?

SteelCityMom
08-28-2011, 02:28 PM
All I've heard so far is Tomlin call the injuries to Pouncey, Hampton (shoulder) and Lewis (knee), minimal. So I'm guessing they'll be ready to open, or roundabouts there.

Leftwich's injury is the worst...he's probably gone for the year.

BKAnthem
08-28-2011, 02:29 PM
He'll be ready for the opener...as for the rest of that line...even healthy I'm not sure they're ready[

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I doubt the Steelers would disclose at this point whether the injury was serious even if it was - my guess is Pouncey sits Thursday night and is listed as "probable" for the Ravens game

No word on whether it was the dreaded "high" ankle sprain

3rdandlong
08-28-2011, 03:45 PM
He'll be ready for the opener...as for the rest of that line...even healthy I'm not sure they're ready[

The offensive line didn't play bad last night. Well, there was virtually no run blocking, but the pass protection was definitely adequate. Last week it was the other way around. Hopefully they can get both aspects of blocking together and become a solid group. We don't need the offensive line to be outstanding. I'd settle for average

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 12:28 PM
The offensive line didn't play bad last night. Well, there was virtually no run blocking, but the pass protection was definitely adequate. Last week it was the other way around. Hopefully they can get both aspects of blocking together and become a solid group. We don't need the offensive line to be outstanding. I'd settle for average

adequate? the Oline was in Ben's face everytime he threw the ball...

Men of Steel
08-29-2011, 01:06 PM
adequate? the Oline was in Ben's face everytime he threw the ball...

this is true.

as far as linemen and pounceys injury... is it wrong for linemen to tape up their ankles? ESPECIALLY if theyve had a recent major sprain? I know it doesnt eliminate injuries completely, but doesnt it help a little to have ur ankle tightly taped up, so when a FAT 300+ lineman falls on it it doesnt COMPLETELY ROLL the wrong way. I just never see any of them tape them up.

If i had ankle issues id tape them up. Im just sick and tired of seeing these huge linemen dudes, (big and strongh tough guys) always go down because of ankle injuries. (steelers linemen just seem so weak compared to the rest of them) :banging:

kirklandrules
08-29-2011, 01:36 PM
this is true.

as far as linemen and pounceys injury... is it wrong for linemen to tape up their ankles? ESPECIALLY if theyve had a recent major sprain? I know it doesnt eliminate injuries completely, but doesnt it help a little to have ur ankle tightly taped up, so when a FAT 300+ lineman falls on it it doesnt COMPLETELY ROLL the wrong way. I just never see any of them tape them up.

If i had ankle issues id tape them up. Im just sick and tired of seeing these huge linemen dudes, (big and strongh tough guys) always go down because of ankle injuries. (steelers linemen just seem so weak compared to the rest of them) :banging:

Doesn't matter if an ankle is wrapped or not, when a 300lbs lineman falls on it there are going to be injuries. If you wrap it up so much to protect against something like that, you will lose the mobility within the ankle and Pouncey will hobble around every play. You'll also force pressure to another part of the leg or foot.

But it sounds like it's a mild sprain that will cause him to miss the last preseason game, but hopefully make the opener.

pancake
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
If it's mild, he should be ok by the opener... :hope:

steelfury02
08-29-2011, 01:42 PM
It has already been reported by post-gazette that he will be ready for season opener against Ratbirds

pancake
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
It has already been reported by post-gazette that he will be ready for season opener against Ratbirds

good!

fer522
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
hell yea!!! :toast:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/08/29/pouncey-ok-steeler-injury-updates/

Want1MoreSB
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
How bad? Will he be ready for the opener? I know it was a sprain but to what degree?

Severe sprains are hard to heal. I had a few of them when I was young. Ankle sprains involve damage to the ligaments. Mind you I am not a medical pro but I am speaking from my experience dealing with sprains. IMO, he will be ready for the Ravens game. I just hope he is not injury prone. If he is, we will have a part-time Center, who has got potential to be the next D. Dawson.

steeltheone
08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Severe sprains are hard to heal. I had a few of them when I was young. Ankle sprains involve damage to the ligaments. Mind you I am not a medical pro but I am speaking from my experience dealing with sprains. IMO, he will be ready for the Ravens game. I just hope he is not injury prone. If he is, we will have a part-time Center, who has got potential to be the next D. Dawson.

Thats just it..Darmontti Dawson never came off the field...This is not a good start for pouce.