PDA

View Full Version : First 5 Moves

55BaileyFan
08-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Steelers released their first four players and placed one on IR.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/5-cut-Batch-to-IR/238fa408-d72d-4bd2-b672-3e3f9916d87b

I am kind of shocked by the Dockery cut...they didn't even give him a shot.

fer522
08-28-2011, 09:08 PM
did he play at all i dont remember seeing him on the field

Wallabeast17
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
did he play at all i dont remember seeing him on the field

I think i saw him on special teams..number 37 i believe

Kingmagyar
08-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Just when Dockery 37 and Macho Harris 31 were put in the game on defense the Falcons fumbled on a runnnig play and those guys got no snaps to cover anyone. I saw them both on punt or kick returns and some points late in the game. Macho should get some playing time against the Panthers if he is not cut by Tuesday. I still believe the Steelers will keep 7 Corners.

McFadden
Gay
Taylor
Lewis
Butler
Brown
#7 ???? Cortez Allen, Donovan Warren, Macho Harris? I'll make a bold prediction and say Macho Harris, who hasn't played a lick but....we will see.

solardave
08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Just when Dockery 37 and Macho Harris 31 were put in the game on defense the Falcons fumbled on a runnnig play and those guys got no snaps to cover anyone. I saw them both on punt or kick returns and some points late in the game. Macho should get some playing time against the Panthers if he is not cut by Tuesday. I still believe the Steelers will keep 7 Corners.

McFadden
Gay
Taylor
Lewis
Butler
Brown
#7 ???? Cortez Allen, Donovan Warren, Macho Harris? I'll make a bold prediction and say Macho Harris, who hasn't played a lick but....we will see.

I for one would like to see Gay the odd man out. Keep Allen.

MDSteel15
08-29-2011, 12:54 PM

McFadden
Gay
Taylor
Lewis
Butler
Brown

Cut Gay, keep Warren and Harris! Allen to PS....

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Cut Gay, keep Warren and Harris! Allen to PS....

cut Mcfadden too....we've seen all that he and Gay have to offer

Men of Steel
08-29-2011, 02:13 PM

McFadden
Gay
Taylor
Lewis
Butler
Brown

any of these last three would be better than GAY. why does he still haunt this team! :doh:

kirklandrules
08-29-2011, 02:24 PM

McFadden
Gay
Taylor
Lewis
Butler
Brown

The 7th will be Warren. Allen will be PS material this year and Harris will be gone. We have to move past the Gay argument because that decision was already made by: 1) the team resigning him for a 1 year deal and; 2) the lack of anyone totally stepping up and taking over that role.

steelfury02
08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
forgot about an aspect of why they are keeping Gay: He'll have 1 "splash" play where he'll force a fumble and like 2 CB blitz sacks which is about 2-3 plays more than McFadden makes so it'll seem like he has made some sort of difference

Then we'll hear some excuse about not getting to Brady when he shreds us for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns - 4 of them coming from their tight ends (and if I see Gronkowski spike the ball one more time i will literally cry) that they can't cover and 1 embarrassing deep route by Branch where they were caught looking in the backfield

ricardisimo
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
any of these last three would be better than GAY. why does he still haunt this team! :doh:
Because he's actually not that bad, that's why.

Steelersfan87
08-30-2011, 02:12 AM
The 7th will be Warren. Allen will be PS material this year and Harris will be gone.

I do believe that you're right, if they choose to carry 7 CBs, which I believe that they should. If they carry 6, however, I believe that they try to put both Warren and Allen on the practice squad.