PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison

madtowndrunkard
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
It's pretty obvious to me Harrison is not ready to play. Hes injured and it shows. I have to think he's opening him self to further injury if he continues to play injured.

Wouldn't' it make some sense to sit him down for a few weeks and get him into shape? We've got some capable backups. I'd rather have Harrison healthy and playing as close to 100% as he can later in the season.

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 01:24 PM
why draft 20 LB's if your not going to put them on the field?

pancake
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Maybe he is taking it easy until the season starts?

kirklandrules
08-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe he is taking it easy until the season starts?

I'll take a crack at that question: Yes.

So if Harrison comes out full bore in the preseason and aggravates or injures that back, everyone on this forum would knock the guy for being reckless. Additionally, I don't recall Harrison making huge plays in the preseason once he became a starter. he seems to go through the motions, then turns it on in the regular season. I expect him to have a big game on opening day ... here's an article of the fat ass he'll face on week 1 ... eat 'em up James!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6901675/bryant-mckinnie-baltimore-ravens-play-lt-michael-oher-moved-rt

Steelersfan87
08-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Harrison said that reps help him to get back in football shape, so I would be loathe to sit him, as it may actually retard his return to peak form.

Steeldude
08-30-2011, 02:22 AM
i read a rumor that harrison can only squat 300 at the moment. he was able to squat 600. if true, that is the result of a bad back.

BIGNASTY91
08-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Harrison has admitted himself he is not 100%! But he also said he was not !00% all last season, and if he could play through the pain he had last year, getting over this wont be that bad. I follow him on facebook and he has been working out religiously since his back surgery. As for the the squats and lifting, He has said that its not that he cant do the 600 anymore, Its that hes working back to that point slowly instead of risking an injury before the season starts. He will be ready to whoop some ass by sept. 11th!! :tt03:

Steeldude
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
Harrison has admitted himself he is not 100%! But he also said he was not !00% all last season, and if he could play through the pain he had last year, getting over this wont be that bad. I follow him on facebook and he has been working out religiously since his back surgery. As for the the squats and lifting, He has said that its not that he cant do the 600 anymore, Its that hes working back to that point slowly instead of risking an injury before the season starts. He will be ready to whoop some ass by sept. 11th!! :tt03:

well that sounds promising :thumbsup:

back surgery, as really any surgery, can be a pain in the ass to recover from. my knee was never the same after surgery.