PDA

View Full Version : Andre Gurode Just got cut

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
He would end the Steelers RG issues overnight...if his price is right...plus he's healthy

Danny136200
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
He would end the Steelers RG issues overnight...if his price is right...plus he's healthy

Dont think the cap space will be there to do it

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 04:20 PM
he was suckin balls for the cowboys.

(then again , so was slowzell fatams)

i think we'll stick with who we got, especially this late in pre-season.

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 04:21 PM
he was suckin balls for the cowboys.

(then again , so was slowzell fatams)

i think we'll stick with who we got, especially this late in pre-season.

he wasn't 100%, plus he's better than who we got

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 04:24 PM
isnt who we got 100%? :tap:

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 04:27 PM

lets keep in mind that gurodes biggest highlight is getting his head stomped by haynesworth, and other than that, the only reason anybody knows who he is is because jerry jones gave him way too much money.

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

whos better at 100% though, foster,hills, or Gurode?..Ben can't help them in the running game, and as much as some guys on this board like him running for his life or taking big shots from DLineman, i would like to see him really have time to scan a field and pick apart a D.

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
whos better at 100% though, foster,hills, or Gurode?..Ben can't help them in the running game, and as much as some guys on this board like him running for his life or taking big shots from DLineman, i would like to see him really have time to scan a field and pick apart a D.

but gurode isnt 100% and tony romo has been getting killed just as bad as ben (not to mention our running game is better than the cowboys)

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
but gurode isnt 100% and tony romo has been getting killed just as bad as ben (not to mention our running game is better than the cowboys)

According to the cowboys he is....he was cut for cap purposes...and he's still better than foster or hills....if the price is right and he's healthy and with the RG position being one of weakness it shouldn't hurt to kick the tires

55BaileyFan
08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
No cap space, and he is not healthy.

ETL
08-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Grass always seems greener on the other side ....

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Grass always seems greener on the other side ....
in some cases it is..:hunch:

my neighbor waters his grass..i don't. ...his is green, mines brown.
i thoroughly enjoyed watching him sweat his ass off this summer mowing his lush green lawn , while i kicked back and enjoyed a cold one from my barren wasteland...:sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
No cap space.

Once we release Ward (since Brown is obviously going to be All-Pro) that will not be a problem

fer522
08-29-2011, 06:06 PM

i thoroughly enjoyed watching him sweat his ass off this summer mowing his lush green lawn , while i kicked back and enjoyed a cold one from my barren wasteland...:sofunny:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rick5895
08-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Wasn't Gurode in the probowl a couple of years ago? He might just be worth a look, especially if the price is right. He may just play for what we offer if we offer to play on a team with a chance for a super bowl. It certainly wouldn't hurt to explore the possibility.

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Wasn't Gurode in the probowl a couple of years ago? He might just be worth a look, especially if the price is right. He may just play for what we offer if we offer to play on a team with a chance for a super bowl. It certainly wouldn't hurt to explore the possibility.

exactly my point, talk to the man, see what his price is, bring him in for a physical, work him out...he's no better that what we have right now????? seriously???

sometimes i think this board should be called "Homer Fever"

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 10:02 PM
exactly my point, talk to the man, see what his price is, bring him in for a physical, work him out...he's no better that what we have right now????? seriously???

sometimes i think this board should be called "Homer Fever"

are you upset that the ravens snatched bryant mcckinney from underneath our noses?

sad that out of shape starks or flozell arent booking the ends?

if not, then i wouldnt let the lack of interest in gurode get to you.

ETL
08-29-2011, 10:37 PM

my point is that just because we don't know a whole lot about this guy, we think he may have potential...

I am saying that if a guy is cut in the first round of cuts, he's gotta be pretty lame ... maybe "Kris Farris" level of lame

As far as your grass analogy, it doesn't apply. You are fully aware of everything that goes on with your neighbor's lawn - down to to how often he takes care of it ...

Here we know nothing about this guy except that he used to be a started and was cut. Apples to oranges

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 10:38 PM
are you upset that the ravens snatched bryant mcckinney from underneath our noses?

sad that out of shape starks or flozell arent booking the ends?

if not, then i wouldnt let the lack of interest in gurode get to you.

Who cares about them? They weren't any better than the tackles we have...even though i'm having trouble figuring out who they are we seem to be moving them all to guard....maybe Gurode can play tackle...lets get him in here for a looksee!!

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2011, 11:06 PM
my point is that just because we don't know a whole lot about this guy, we think he may have potential...

I am saying that if a guy is cut in the first round of cuts, he's gotta be pretty lame ... maybe "Kris Farris" level of lame

As far as your grass analogy, it doesn't apply. You are fully aware of everything that goes on with your neighbor's lawn - down to to how often he takes care of it ...

Here we know nothing about this guy except that he used to be a started and was cut. Apples to oranges
analogy ? :huh:

Atlanta Dan
08-29-2011, 11:21 PM

ke5Mr5eCF2U

tony hipchest
08-30-2011, 12:12 AM

Here we know nothing about this guy except that he used to be a started and was cut. Apples to orangeswho is this "we" you speak of, who doesnt know alot/nothing of this guy?

i live in cowboy country and see just about every single cowboys game for the past 25 years.

i can say w/o a doubt that gurode is nothing special and flozell adams was 10X the get that gurode would be. i'd just as soon stick with players who know what it takes to play for a champion, such as foster/legursky/essex/hills.

if headstomp will come in and play for cheaper than any of those 4 then more power to him (my money is still on our own). :thumbsup:

pancake
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Andre was released by the cowboys because he wouldn't restructure his contract. Would he be an upgrade at RG?

fer522
08-30-2011, 05:07 PM
if he is 100% healthy then yes he's definitely an upgrade imo

solardave
08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
If he wouldn't redo his contract there I doubt if we could sign him on the cheap which is what we'd want to do. After saying that I think he'd be a big upgrade.

pancake
08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
If he wouldn't redo his contract there I doubt if we could sign him on the cheap which is what we'd want to do. After saying that I think he'd be a big upgrade.

Maybe get him on a 1 year deal, a chance to win a Super Bowl and raise your price...

I think it could be a win win for both parties.

BKAnthem
08-30-2011, 06:43 PM
yes

ETL
08-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Green grass

tony hipchest
08-30-2011, 09:36 PM
steelerfans are acting just as desperate and kneejerk as miami fans (whos o-line has some REAL and serious issues).

hopefully this little tidbit of info from one of their reporters can put this silly notion to rest-

OmarKelly

Was told Andre Gurode's knees are shot, he's not in great shape & he's not fit to play center anymore. He's more depth material than starter

this reporter is baffled that just because of the tony sparano connection, dolphin fans wanna bring in 3/5 of the cowboys suck ass line to fix their dreadful woes.

pancake
08-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I don't much about him, I was just wondering if he would be an upgrade or not... I think Flo could help us out...

BKAnthem
08-30-2011, 11:47 PM
steelerfans are acting just as desperate and kneejerk as miami fans (whos o-line has some REAL and serious issues).

hopefully this little tidbit of info from one of their reporters can put this silly notion to rest-

this reporter is baffled that just because of the tony sparano connection, dolphin fans wanna bring in 3/5 of the cowboys suck ass line to fix their dreadful woes.

how about this? instead of hearing about the mans knees, bring him in...if hes done fine...but whats wrong with checking him out? if he's healthy he's better than any RG candidate we have,same with Stinchcomb, there is no harm in making a phone call, performing a physical, doing some drills...it's like some of you guys are allergic to the notion that the Steelers should even attempt to improve the Oline..the season flashed before my eyes when i saw Ben almost Decapitated against Atlanta, you think he can run for his life forever?....the state that line is in now(and i don't give a shit about any other teams Oline) we should be taking a look at EVERYONE....Hell I think Kugler is better than what we roll out there outside of Pouncey....we've got 3 Tackles who can't play tackle, and so far can't even play guard, WHO'S SCOUTING THESE GUYS???.....you guys are fine with that?...we even had to re-sign an Olineman that NO ONE in the NFL wanted...you guys are fine with that? It would seem so....

Kingmagyar
08-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Kind of the habit of the Steelers to sign someone out there before the roster is set. However this year I think they have a hard roster to pare down as it is. Is there room? We seem to have a nice group of 9 O'Lineman to keep. I think Gilbert will be starting by the end of the Season.