PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brownʻs TD celebration...

wyn50
08-29-2011, 07:45 PM
93-7 The Fan radio has been talking about the celebration after the play. I seen him jump (attempt) into the stands. He kind of made it I guess. I did not see the finger pointing they were talking about. Did anyone see what really happened? They were saying it is ok to celebrate but might have been too much. Was he called for excessive celebration?

Atlanta Dan
08-29-2011, 07:51 PM
93-7 The Fan radio has been talking about the celebration after the play. I seen him jump (attempt) into the stands. He kind of made it I guess. I did not see the finger pointing they were talking about. Did anyone see what really happened? They were saying it is ok to celebrate but might have been too much. Was he called for excessive celebration?

15 yard taunting penalty when he started pointing at the defender around the 10 yard line going in - before that Brown was an a** and did the old Holmes stunt by pointing forward after making a first down catch

Tomlin had a sideline chat about the taunting after the score

tony hipchest
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
i dont know if he was flagged for finger pointing (i saw another player do the exact same thing this weekend- i think it was either fitzgerald or greg jennings) and a flag wasnt thrown.

it might have been for him using the stands as a prop by jumping into them, but then again we see that every week in all stadiums beginning with the lambeau leap.

basically he was flagged for being a pittsburgh steeler and every steeler will pay the price and fall under more scrutiny for james harrison being a big ol meanie and all steeler players not hiding the fact that they think roger goodell is a douche.

pretty much the same reason any of our defenders will get flagged for sneezing near a qb, when big ben gets mugged every single weekend with no recourse.

wyn50
08-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Sounds like it was over the top. I hope he tones it down. We we cannot afford losing yards on kick-offs. :thumbsup:

Fire Arians
08-29-2011, 08:01 PM
it was a little over the top but I'm sure it's just because he's young and excited, this is the first time he's really been given a lot of opportunities to impress and he definitely made good out of it

Atlanta Dan
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Doesn't sound like Tomlin buys into the youthful enthusiasm theory

Coach Mike Tomlin's postgame assessment following the 34-16 win over the Atlanta Falcons:

Re: Antonio Brownís penalty:
Itís just not intelligent. We canít have those types of penalties. They hurt our football team.

http://prod.www.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Tomlin-on-win-over-Falcons/78ed18bd-fd40-48d9-a57f-eaaebbf0a622

wyn50
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I heard he did apologize and got talked to by Tomlin. Better he did it now in the pre-season rather than in the regular season. I hope this is part of his learning process. The dancing was ok but the taunting and planking in the stands was too much IMHO.

Steeldude
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
it was embarrassing. leave the fruity dancing to the raiders etc...

BKAnthem
08-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Is Bryant McFadden still your starter?
Yes.

:banging:

steeltheone
08-29-2011, 11:48 PM

It is embarrassing...Preseason for gosh sakes!

Wallace108
08-29-2011, 11:55 PM

It is embarrassing...Preseason for gosh sakes!

Not that I agree or disagree with it, but did anyone complain when Ward did a dance the week before? :noidea:

guX4KlNR_Ww

ksA13kpinGs&feature=related

stb_steeler
08-29-2011, 11:56 PM
i dont know if he was flagged for finger pointing (i saw another player do the exact same thing this weekend- i think it was either fitzgerald or greg jennings) and a flag wasnt thrown.

it might have been for him using the stands as a prop by jumping into them, but then again we see that every week in all stadiums beginning with the lambeau leap.

basically he was flagged for being a pittsburgh steeler and every steeler will pay the price and fall under more scrutiny for james harrison being a big ol meanie and all steeler players not hiding the fact that they think roger goodell is a douche.

pretty much the same reason any of our defenders will get flagged for sneezing near a qb, when big ben gets mugged every single weekend with no recourse.

YEP......did u see Ben get late hits on him again......seen it every PS game so far!

steelerjim58
08-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Wow, I didnt think so many of my fellow Pennsylvanians would such sticks-in- the-mud. While I do agree that it was probably to much for a meaningless exhibition game. I personally hate the rule. Let the guys have fun. No Fun League is alive and well.

#1LambertFan
08-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Best thing about Brown coming to is the strong competition for 3rd receiver this year. Look to see Sanders step up his game when he is healthy too

pancake
08-30-2011, 06:21 AM
dance away, but don't taunt...

Third Rail
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
TOO MUCH CELEBRATION!

TRADE BROWN!

GET ROY WILLIAMS!

steelfury02
08-31-2011, 08:51 AM
LOL - wanna talk about waste of cap space - Roy Williams is so painful to watch. He is today's Andre Rison.

SteelCityMom
08-31-2011, 10:37 AM
I had no real problem with it. His length of time in the stands was a bit excessive...and if he was taunting, that needs to stop as well.

I like to see our guys fired up after a touchdown though. Doesn't matter if it's preseason, regular season or training camp to me. They might be professional players, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have some fun with the game. That IS what the game is supposed to be right? Fun?

steelfury02
08-31-2011, 12:26 PM
If he was called for pointing at an opposing player and taunting then there should be at least 30 unsportsmanlike penalties in the Ravens Steelers game wk 1. I'll never forget Ed Reed pointing at Hines and them locking helmets - que Rocky music . . .

Fire Arians
08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
If he was called for pointing at an opposing player and taunting then there should be at least 30 unsportsmanlike penalties in the Ravens Steelers game wk 1. I'll never forget Ed Reed pointing at Hines and them locking helmets - que Rocky music . . .

they'll throw a flag every time if you're pointing at a defender in a mocking way as you're running in for a touchdown. usually i hate siding with the refs but they made the fair call.

with that said, it's better that AB learns this in the preseason, where the outcome of the games really don't matter.

Moose
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
I think it was embarrasing also. I'm totally against any 'dancing' in the end zone. Nothing looks more azzinine than a player trying to put the grove on in a football uniform. Leave the dancing by football players to the DWS show--like Hines did. I hope Tomlin had a talk with him and let him know that the Steeler's DON"T show boat after a TD and to " act like he's been there before", as a quote from a previous football coach once said. Just my opinion.

steelfury02
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
word

SteelCityMom
08-31-2011, 02:45 PM
I think it was embarrasing also. I'm totally against any 'dancing' in the end zone. Nothing looks more azzinine than a player trying to put the grove on in a football uniform. Leave the dancing by football players to the DWS show--like Hines did. I hope Tomlin had a talk with him and let him know that the Steeler's DON"T show boat after a TD and to " act like he's been there before", as a quote from a previous football coach once said. Just my opinion.

Hines did a dance in the endzone after a TD just the week before (he did a little DWTS move). :noidea:

Seemed to me that Brown was just having a little fun imitating what Hines had already done.

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Did not see the Carolina game but read this is in the P-G this morning:banging:

For the second consecutive game, however, receiver Antonio Brown was penalized 15 yards after a touchdown, this time for unsportsmanlike conduct after he joined Dwyer to celebrate the score.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11245/1171596-66-3.stm

This one is even more idiotic than the taunting penalty in the Falcons game - at least Brown scored the TD himself for that one - this latest penalty is just about putting on a show

This crap needs to stop now - if Brown gets a 15 yard penalty in a real game it will cost the team and cost him playing time

Third Rail
09-02-2011, 11:43 PM
LOL - wanna talk about waste of cap space - Roy Williams is so painful to watch. He is today's Andre Rison.

Heh, yeah. I like the Bears and I'd actually like to see them do well... but I can't believe their "upgrade" to the offense this offseason was to add a tool like Williams.

Fire Arians
09-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Did not see the Carolina game but read this is in the P-G this morning:banging:

For the second consecutive game, however, receiver Antonio Brown was penalized 15 yards after a touchdown, this time for unsportsmanlike conduct after he joined Dwyer to celebrate the score.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11245/1171596-66-3.stm

This one is even more idiotic than the taunting penalty in the Falcons game - at least Brown scored the TD himself for that one - this latest penalty is just about putting on a show

This crap needs to stop now - if Brown gets a 15 yard penalty in a real game it will cost the team and cost him playing time

might cost him the #3 wr spot. if i were the coach i'd still start sanders ahead of him until he learns to grow up

Buddha Bus
09-03-2011, 03:15 AM
might cost him the #3 wr spot. if i were the coach i'd still start sanders ahead of him until he learns to grow up

Maybe a shock collar or rolled up newspaper to the nose would work? :hunch:

:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
09-03-2011, 07:18 AM

This morning's story in the P-G confirms Tomlin was not amused

Tomlin was not happy with Antonio Brown's second 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty in two games after a touchdown was scored. He was hit with one for taunting as he pointed the football toward the Falcons on way to a 77-yard touchdown reception in the third preseason game. Thursday night in Charlotte, he joined in to celebrate Jonathan Dwyer's 50-yard touchdown run and was hit with another flag.

"No excuses, man, I got to lock in and be disciplined," Brown said. "I knew the rule. I was having too much fun. Really, no excuses."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11246/1172001-66-3.stm

Nice to see Brown is having too much fun - confirmation this guy still has a lot of fool in him that he needs to lose right now

Third Rail
09-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Brown better knock that stuff off. I want him to do well because it bodes well for the Steelers and also because I have him on my fantasy team.

DanRooney
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Hines did a dance in the endzone after a TD just the week before (he did a little DWTS move). :noidea:

Seemed to me that Brown was just having a little fun imitating what Hines had already done.

I'm glad our young receivers are learning something from Hines :chuckle:

Stu Pidasso
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Dances/celebrations in the endzone after a TD don't bother me. What bothers me is dances/jukes/celebrations/signature moves after every tackle. You made a tackle, not won the Super Bowl. Get back in the huddle.

caplovestroyp43
09-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Maybe a shock collar or rolled up newspaper to the nose would work? :hunch:

:chuckle:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

ROTFLMAO!!!! Good one!!!