PDA

View Full Version : Ben isnt the only one riding without a helmet

BlitzburghRockCity
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Like Roethlisberger, Maddox rides motorcycle without helmet
Wednesday, May 18, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It turns out Tommy Maddox has more things in common with Ben Roethlisberger than playing quarterback for the Steelers. Maddox also rides a Harley-Davidson motorcycle without wearing a helmet.

Maddox said while he does offer counsel to the quarterback who took his starting job from him, it would be difficult to recommend he wear a helmet when he rides.

"I don't wear one either," Maddox said. "I've ridden one for four years, and it was no big deal until what's-his-face wrecked."

Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow had knee and internal damage when he was thrown as his Suzuki struck a curb in a parking lot May 1.

"I don't try to do tricks on it in the parking lot," said Maddox, who rides a Road King Classic.

Coach Bill Cowher spoke to Roethlisberger about the risks of riding a motorcycle without a helmet, but did not have the same talk with Maddox because he might not have known about it.

here's the rest (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05138/506224.stm)

SteelersWyo
05-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Why the hell didn't the Steelers write that into his contract if it is such a big deal? Isn't Pa. a "right to choose" state?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
There is language in the players contracts that if they do something detrimental to themselves outside of playing football,that they may not get paid.. its ticky tack, and lots of factors go into it.. but they have fail safes in their contracts for this kinda stuff.. just ask kellen winslow :rolleyes:

SteelersFever
05-18-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, but I thought I would post it. It's a video of Bradshaw telling Ben to "Park the motorcycle!" and calling Kellen Winslow an idiot. It's hilarious!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/4494368/detail.html

geran42o
05-18-2005, 07:12 AM
That is some funny stuff right there. Bradshaw was going off of him and Winslow

Prosdo
05-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Thats pretty damn funny lol

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Terry, he's always good for a laugh!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
LOL,that was good.

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 04:03 PM
That was some funny stuff. Bradshaw is king!

Wonder if Batch or St.P wear helmets????