PDA

View Full Version : Peter King SI - Steelers 10-6/Lose Second Playoff Round

Atlanta Dan
08-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Peter King predicts the Steelers win the division at 10-6 and are then eliminated second week of playoffs

http://sigroup.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/2011-nfl-preview-peter-king-predicts-falcons-over-chargers-in-super-bowl-xlvi/

That sounds about right - but I do not see the Falcons Super Bowl pick by King given the defense Atlanta brought to Pittsburgh last Saturday

Steelers>NFL
08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
He has the Ravens & Chargers going further than the Steelers. HOGWASH!

ricardisimo
08-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Wait a second... the Steelers win the division at 10-6, but the Ravens progress further? What's wrong with this picture?

DanRooney
08-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Wait a second... the Steelers win the division at 10-6, but the Ravens progress further? What's wrong with this picture?

Didn't the Jets progress further than the Patriots last season? Didn't a 6th seeded team win the Super Bowl?

Give King a break. He accurately predicted us going to the big game last year against the Packers. He actually had us winning though.

steelfury02
08-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd like to hear from King what 6 games he thinks we are going to lose?

I'll give him a L v Ravens, L v Pats, - then what? L v Colts, L v Texans? Arizona? Kansas City? Cleveland?

10-6 will not win the division this year - no way. MAYBE 11-5 with a tiebreaker

Chargers? CHARGERS!?!? They can keep the stats - the most inconsistent team in sports.

steelfury02
08-30-2011, 01:29 PM
I'll take a game with the Chargers in the playoffs anytime.

BIGNASTY91
08-30-2011, 01:33 PM
All "predictions"! Sure im glad hes got us winning the division, but i dont believe 10-6 will get it? Especially a #3 seed in the playoffs? This year is going to be crazy! Alot of teams will suprise alot of people, and the playoffs will look a little different than past years! Thats my prediction!!!

Sixburgher
08-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Give King a break. He accurately predicted is going to the big game last year against the Packers. He actually had us winning though.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Fire Arians
08-30-2011, 01:44 PM
All "predictions"! Sure im glad hes got us winning the division, but i dont believe 10-6 will get it? Especially a #3 seed in the playoffs? This year is going to be crazy! Alot of teams will suprise alot of people, and the playoffs will look a little different than past years! Thats my prediction!!!

detroit is gonna be in the playoffs this year i think.

ravens i think will lose a step. losing heap is a huge blow to them imo, and leron mcclain was one of the best FB's in the league. you don't replace those shoes easily

Men of Steel
08-30-2011, 01:50 PM
predictions are just that... PREDICTIONS!

Anyone whose anyone can predict! Sometimes they comes true, sometimes they dont.

Peter King can predict all he wants, but to sit here and discuss HIS predictions is a waste of time to me, since no REAL outcome is determined from this.

I just cant wait for the season to start already!!!! :tt03:

Atlanta Dan
08-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Three of the last 6 SB winners (2005 Steelers/2007 Giants/2010 Packers) have been wild card teams

BIGNASTY91
08-30-2011, 02:00 PM

ravens i think will lose a step. losing heap is a huge blow to them imo, and leron mcclain was one of the best FB's in the league. you don't replace those shoes easily

Not only are they gonna be in the playoffs this year, I think its possible for them to win the division! ( talk shit all you want i'm stickin to it ) I also think it's very possible for the skins to make a run at the playoffs this year! :noidea:

solardave
08-30-2011, 02:10 PM

Exactly. 12-4 or 13-3 will win the division and that will be us. We'll set the stage by kicking the crap out of the Rats first game. that's my prediction and I'm stickin' to it.

pancake
08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I have the Steelers beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl...

3rdandlong
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
10-6? No way! We're a dominant team. And has he seen how well we've played this preseason? I mean how well the starters have played. We should have a better record than 10-6. As to how far we go in the playoffs, that's anyone's guess because anything can happen in the postseason.

pancake
08-30-2011, 02:59 PM
To give PK some credit, he was one of the only few that predictided we make the super bowl last year.

ricardisimo
08-30-2011, 03:49 PM
To give PK some credit, he was one of the only few that predictided we make the super bowl last year.
And then he reneged on that prediction. Even he 'fessed up and disavowed any praise he got for the preseason SB prediction. By mid-season he was calling some idiotic match-up that never came close to happening.

fer522
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
i can predict that i'm gonna get drunk when we win it all :wink02:

Want1MoreSB
08-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Peter King predicts the Steelers win the division at 10-6 and are then eliminated second week of playoffs

http://sigroup.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/2011-nfl-preview-peter-king-predicts-falcons-over-chargers-in-super-bowl-xlvi/

That sounds about right - but I do not see the Falcons Super Bowl pick by King given the defense Atlanta brought to Pittsburgh last Saturday
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well....predictions that are done after the 1st half of the season tend to be much more accurate. My colleagues who are big time Cowboys fans thought that their team was going to end up in SB last year.:chuckle:
Peter King may end up being right but our team usually peaks in December. I have seen them do some wonders in Dec and Jan; case in point--SB in 2005 season.

stb_steeler
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
i can predict that i'm gonna get drunk when we win it all :wink02:

HERE HERE!!! :drink:

steelfury02
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM
If my signature worked then yea it is only a matter of time . . .

steelfury02
08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry - testing. Basically was just saying what I stated in another thread. The only team in our way this year will be New England. I can't believe the talk coming from Bmore. I mean, lord knows they talk enough but ENOUGH already. ESPN puts up an article about how it is the Ravens year to take over the Steelers. What is this the fourth year in a row they have recycled the same one? At the same time they put up an article about how their new receiver isn't ready to step up yet lol. Very inconsistent much like their offense will be. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when we torch them.

I think we are looking at #1 seed and 13-3. I think we'll be that much better on offense which will take some pressure off defense for once. Could see a very, VERY dominant team this year.

Atlanta Dan
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
. I can't believe the talk coming from Bmore. I mean, lord knows they talk enough but ENOUGH already. ESPN puts up an article about how it is the Ravens year to take over the Steelers. What is this the fourth year in a row they have recycled the same one? At the same time they put up an article about how their new receiver isn't ready to step up yet lol. Very inconsistent much like their offense will be. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when we torch them.

If you cannot believe the talk coming out of Baltimore now, check back here in about a week when the one and only bobby jr. comes back for another round of predictions on the greatness of Harbaugh, Flacco and the rest of the Ravens :chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
ravens i think will lose a step. losing heap is a huge blow to them imo, and leron mcclain was one of the best FB's in the league. you don't replace those shoes easilylee evans is a HUGE upgrade. heap sucked and is old. they are better off with dixon and the other TE they drafted last year.

mcclain was pretty decent, but for those who dont know, vontae davis is regarded as a much better blocking fullback (the best in FA and now one of the richest FB's of all time).

he only opened holes for last years rushing leader. :hunch:

does this mean i think the ravens are better than the steelers?

no. but i can still recognize their upgrades.

pancake
08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
If you cannot believe the talk coming out of Baltimore now, check back here in about a week when the one and only bobby jr. comes back for another round of predictions on the greatness of Harbaugh, Flacco and the rest of the Ravens :chuckle:

I swear I think he is a 12 year old nerd who just knows a few stats... :blah:

Third Rail
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Screw Peter King. He's a friggin' idiot.

Kissing Suzy Kolber owns his ass every week. He's seriously one of the worst writers I have ever seen. The guy manages to talk about everything BUT football in his stupid MMQB column. F*** him.

ricardisimo
08-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Please tell me Bobby's coming back this year! This should be fun right from week one. http://smiliesftw.com/x/drool.gif

DanRooney
08-30-2011, 11:23 PM

True but to predict both teams going to the Super Bowl before the season starts is pretty impressive...

DanRooney
08-30-2011, 11:27 PM
lee evans is a HUGE upgrade. heap sucked and is old. they are better off with dixon and the other TE they drafted last year.

mcclain was pretty decent, but for those who dont know, vontae davis is regarded as a much better blocking fullback (the best in FA and now one of the richest FB's of all time).

he only opened holes for last years rushing leader. :hunch:

does this mean i think the ravens are better than the steelers?

no. but i can still recognize their upgrades.

Lee Evans was a good FA signing for them, but remember he was only picked up because Torrey Smith (their rookie speedster) looks absolutely lost out there and is giving up on plays. Their o-line is a mess and they just released their LT and signed Bryant McKinnie. It'll take time for him to gel. And with Lee Evans walking around on a boot, I think it's safe to say we're in pretty good shape for week 1.

Third Rail
08-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Please tell me Bobby's coming back this year! This should be fun right from week one. http://smiliesftw.com/x/drool.gif

Are you talking about that toolbox who swore up and down that Joe Slackass beating a backup QB in week 4 "proved" that he was a Steelers killer? The douche who GUARANTEED that the Ratbirds would win the second (and third) times we played them?

Yeah, I can't wait until that guy comes back. :tt02:

1/28/01
08-30-2011, 11:32 PM

McClain was a bum and Leach is a HUGE upgrade. All McClain did was lobby to be a RB and milk his probowls from when he carried the ball in 2008.

1/28/01
08-30-2011, 11:39 PM
Ravens signed Vonta Leach....not Vontae Davis

tony hipchest
08-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Lee Evans was a good FA signing for them, but remember he was only picked up because Torrey Smith (their rookie speedster) looks absolutely lost out there and is giving up on plays. Their o-line is a mess and they just released their LT and signed Bryant McKinnie. It'll take time for him to gel. And with Lee Evans walking around on a boot, I think it's safe to say we're in pretty good shape for week 1.

lol.

lee evans was only TRADED FOR because he is a huge upgrade to the ravens disappointing wr corps assembled last season and they had no idea he would be available to them at such a bargain price.

remember, wr's drafted in the 2nd -5th rounds are expected to struggle (regardless if they are a track meet speedster like heyward bey) especially w/o the benefit of ots's, minicamps, and a normal training camp.

absolutely nobody with their head screwed on straight (which automatically eliminates delusional ratbird fans) expected their copycat pick of torrey smith to match the current production of mike wallace (or even antonio brown/e. sanders)

of course their line is going through changes, which is why i didnt mention their acquisition of the embarrasseed viking reject LT as an "upgrade". i dont even know why mcckinney entered the convo. :noidea"

Ravens signed Vonta Leach....not Vontae Davis

same difference. you know i meant the texans FB. not to get into semantics or splitting hairs, but if their name isnt "john kuhn" nobody even knows the FB's.

DanRooney
08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Loved Legursky as a fullback when we used him a couple of times last season (or was it the year before?) Regardless, it worked on two separate occasions inside the 5. I guess Arians, being the genius he is, wanted to trick teams into thinking we were going to use it again. So he never did.

ricardisimo
08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Who's John Kuhn? :huh: