PDA

View Full Version : butler and warren

effyou515
08-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Crezdon Butler and Donovan Warren I would like to see these two start at Corner against the Panthers. Wouldn't be to big of a test Panthers don't have much of a passing offense. Would like the Steelers to sit Clark and Polamalu and let the backups play the Safety positions the whole game also.

pancake
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Crezdon Butler and Donovan Warren I would like to see these two start at Corner against the Panthers. Wouldn't be to big of a test Panthers don't have much of a passing offense. Would like the Steelers to sit Clark and Polamalu and let the backups play the Safety positions the whole game also.

I would like to see Lewis start, but would like to see all 3 get long looks this game...

SH-Rock
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Can you make your text in another color? Kinda hard to read. Thanks.

55BaileyFan
08-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Lewis should start, Butler still is iffy for me and it doesn't really matter too much because these guys are competing for fourth string jobs. Ike, BMac, William Gay and then whoever.

DanRooney
08-30-2011, 11:51 PM
I love Butler. He played very well last preseason and was never seen since.

I have no idea why we're using the same exact corners from 2005. I hope BMac get's yanked for Lewis/Butler as soon as he starts to stink it up. Gay still has a hold of Tomlin's photos at the gay club so I don't think he'll be benched anytime soon.

Steel_Bus_24
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
I love Butler. He played very well last preseason and was never seen since.

I have no idea why we're using the same exact corners from 2005. I hope BMac get's yanked for Lewis/Butler as soon as he starts to stink it up. Gay's still has a hold of Tomlin's photos at the gay club so I don't think he'll be benched anytime soon.

Gay is pulling a Sean Morey

But seriously, I hope the Steelers have realized that they have to get better at defending the Spread....Goodell keeps changing the game to hurt our style of D

We're going to have to adapt a bit, or be left behind

Steelersfan87
08-31-2011, 12:38 AM
I think that we are already more capable of defending the spread this season than last season, simply due to the number of bodies in the secondary that are quick and finally have the coaches' trust this year. Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler will probably see some nickel and dime play this season, and maybe even Curtis Brown too. We have more bodies to cover receivers than we've had in years.

DanRooney
08-31-2011, 12:54 AM
I think that we are already more capable of defending the spread this season than last season, simply due to the number of bodies in the secondary that are quick and finally have the coaches' trust this year. Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler will probably see some nickel and dime play this season, and maybe even Curtis Brown too. We have more bodies to cover receivers than we've had in years.

I think Brown is going to take that nickel role. He's so fluid in his footwork, and is excellent in coverage at Texas. Lewis and Butler should be fighting for the #2 job only due to their knowledge of the defense. I think McFadden is on his way out by season's end.

ricardisimo
08-31-2011, 01:01 AM
Can you make your text in another color? Kinda hard to read. Thanks.
Maybe he doesn't really believe what he's saying? :tap:

Steelersfan87
08-31-2011, 01:05 AM
I think Brown is going to take that nickel role. He's so fluid in his footwork, and is excellent in coverage at Texas. Lewis and Butler should be fighting for the #2 job only due to their knowledge of the defense. I think McFadden is on his way out by season's end.

Everything that you said is possible. Although I don't know how early Brown gets a chance to see the field. He'll have to prove himself on special teams first, which he hopefully should do, since I recall him being mentioned as a quality ST guy. I don't recall seeing him on any ST units though. Can anybody else confirm whether or not he's played any ST so far?

DanRooney
08-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Everything that you said is possible. Although I don't know how early Brown gets a chance to see the field. He'll have to prove himself on special teams first, which he hopefully should do, since I recall him being mentioned as a quality ST guy. I don't recall seeing him on any ST units though. Can anybody else confirm whether or not he's played any ST so far?

Is there even a STs unit anymore? :chuckle:

That kickoff rule is atrocious.

steelfury02
08-31-2011, 06:29 PM
word - secondary can't get any worse - so that's a plus

Fire Arians
08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
butler's speed alone should make him better than gay. I know speed isn't the whole story but we're talking 4.4 speed vs 4.6 put him in a nickel package and tell him to run with somebody. that'd be an upgrade lol.

in all honesty though I expected crezdon to be one of the surprise picks. i watched him in college and he was no joke. his stock mainly dropped because of decreased stats in his senior year (due to only getting thrown at like 4 times total in the first 6 games), and his frame was a little smallish for a starting NFL corner. He's probably fixed that with time in the gym and should be ready for action