PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

big pig
08-31-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time steeler fan from Illinois. Just wondered when the breast cancer game was? My wife was told she had cancer back in November last year and right now is considered cancer free but still taking some treatments yet but we are doing well. Just wondered when this game was, not sure if we could attend, but would love to come out sometime to PA, just tuff when your a farmer with livestock to get away. Anyway any help with this would be great and thanks for your help.:tt03:

Brad

BKAnthem
08-31-2011, 11:49 PM
my prayers go out to you and your wife bro...may she stay cancer free!

SteeleReign
09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Haven't heard when the breast cancer game is, but welcome just the same. Glad to hear your wife is dong well.

SteelCityMom
09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the site!

As to when the breast cancer game is...all I know is it is in October, but I'm not sure exactly which game it is.

Breast Cancer Awareness

The Steelers participate in numerous breast cancer awareness initiatives each year including NFL Breast Cancer Awareness month, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, player hospital visits and special pink-logoed merchandise sales.

**At the breast cancer awareness game in October, the team recognizes local breast cancer survivors in a pregame ceremony. Many Steelers players wear pink uniform items to bring more awareness to this important cause.
**Players with a connection to the disease – quarterback Dennis Dixon and offensive tackles Tony Hills - visited Magee-Women’s Hospital of UPMC to participate in a nutritional cooking class for breast cancer survivors and patients. The players spent time prepping healthy menu options then served the dishes to the ladies in attendance.
**Tight end Heath Miller and his wife Katie chair the annual Bid for Hope to benefit A Glimmer of Hope Foundation, which raises funds for breast cancer research. www.symbolofthecure.com
**Members of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority distribute breast cancer information at GameDay Live before the breast cancer awareness game.

http://www.steelers.com/community/community-outreach-programs.html

So it'll either be on the 9th vs. Tennessee, the 16th vs. Jacksonville or the 30th vs. New England.

You're best bet is to try and call or e-mail someone at the FO. There is a list of numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses that may help here...http://www.steelers.com/footer/contact-us.html

Good luck! Wishing the best for you and your wife!

smheart78
09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I think Breast Cancer awareness month is in October, I think that the NFL played every October game as a Breast Cancer Awarreness game (either last year or the one before). I'm not sure if they will continue to play all October games like this or just pick one week. (If they do, it will be during the first or last full weeks of the NFL schedule).

solardave
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Welcome to the site. Really glad to hear your wife is cancer free and hope she stays that way.

rocckbottomxmen
09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
First I wish your wife continued success in her battle.. And then I would like to welcome you to the site. I will keep you and your wife in our prayers. I know all to well the battle you two are fighting.

big pig
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the replies and well wishes. Lots of Steeler fans here where I'm from in Illimois.

Fire Arians
09-01-2011, 10:23 PM
welcome dude :)

Moose
09-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Looks like October is the month....now we'll just have to make sure you gett the exact game. Welcome aboard, I'm fairly new also. Great news about your wife being cancer 'free'.....tell her to stay strong !

caplovestroyp43
09-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Welcome to our humble family here and I am so glad to hear that your wife is doing well. Hopefully it will stay that way; a battle that cancer LOST!!!!!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Please keep us posted on how she's doing. I lost 3 aunts and a cousin to the vile, rotten disease and my aunt lost a breast to it but has been cancer free going on 25 years so that's a good thing! Hopefully your dear wife will be able to claim 25 years cancer free too!!

Take Care!!

Cap