PDA

View Full Version : 3 games you will never forget

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 09:35 PM
NON STEELERS GAMES (unless youre a representative of another team)

warren moons oilers vs. steve debergs chiefs. 2nd most passing yards in a game of all time

warren moons oilers vs. frank reichs bills in the playoffs. greatest comeback ever

barry sanders lions vs. bo jacksons raiders on mnf. finest rushing game i think ive ever seen.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
NON STEELERS GAMES (unless youre a representative of another team)

warren moons oilers vs. steve debergs chiefs. 2nd most passing yards in a game of all time

warren moons oilers vs. frank reichs bills in the playoffs. greatest comeback ever

barry sanders lions vs. bo jacksons raiders on mnf. finest rushing game i think ive ever seen.

I would have to agree with the Frank Reich comeback game. That was a classic.

But Super Bowl XXXVIII Pats vs Panthers was another game for me. I thought it was a great game and very fun to watch.

My third game is in the 1996 playoffs when the Jaqs upset the Broncos in the playoffs and to advance to the AFC title game.

Suitanim
05-31-2006, 09:48 PM
OSU beats Miami for the National Championship...best, most intense football game I've ever seen.

Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson...you kids don't realize what a ****ing beast Tyson was back in the day. That may STILL be the greatest upset I've ever witnessed.

Browns-Steelers in old Muni stadium...I was young, but I was at the game where Jack Lambert got in a fight with the entire Browns sideline...this was probably circa 1978 or so...unless you were at the game, you didn't get to see it, since the camera's cut away to commercial. The funny thing is, Lambert did okay over there all by himself!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 09:55 PM
OSU beats Miami for the National Championship...best, most intense football game I've ever seen.

Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson...you kids don't realize what a ****ing beast Tyson was back in the day. That may STILL be the greatest upset I've ever witnessed.

Browns-Steelers in old Muni stadium...I was young, but I was at the game where Jack Lambert got in a fight with the entire Browns sideline...this was probably circa 1978 or so...unless you were at the game, you didn't get to see it, since the camera's cut away to commercial. The funny thing is, Lambert did okay over there all by himself!

Tyson was a beast. Buster knocking out Iron Mike was one of the greatest upsets ever in sports. I remember that. I was 10 years old. I love watching Tyson's old fights on ESPN classic.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
of course i am looking at alot of nationally broadcast games (ive seen alot of oilers and cowbboys games) but some that definitely stick out are derrick thomas getting 8 sacks, the cheifs and seattle in a foot of water on mnf, mannings colts beating the tb bucks in an incredible comeback on mnf, and v. testaverde coming back on the dolphins on mnf deserve honorable mention.

tony hipchest
05-31-2006, 09:59 PM
and if were talkin all sports i have to say reggie miller and the pacers defeating the knicks in the 95? playoffs. miller scores something like 8 points in the final 16 seconds to squeak out the win.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 10:00 PM
of course i am looking at alot of nationally broadcast games (ive seen alot of oilers and cowbboys games) but some that definitely stick out are derrick thomas getting 8 sacks, the cheifs and seattle in a foot of water on mnf, mannings colts beating the tb bucks in an incredible comeback on mnf, and v. testaverde coming back on the dolphins on mnf deserve honorable mention.

Both of them comebacks you mentioned on monday football were great games. I remember the Colts game. But I fell asleep during the Jets comeback so I don't count that game for me since I missed alot of the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-31-2006, 10:04 PM
and if were talkin all sports i have to say reggie miller and the pacers defeating the knicks in the 95? playoffs. miller scores something like 8 points in the final 16 seconds to squeak out the win.

If were talking all sports. Since I'm a Bulls fans. His Airness had so many moments in games that stick out for me. The shot against the Cavs. Jordans six threes in the finals against the Blazers when Jordan shrugs his shoulders. Of course Jordan's last shot in his Bull's career against the Jazz to win his sixth NBA championship. All of those games are up there.

Santonio4
06-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Theres a lot of games to choose from.

MattsMe
06-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I played in some pretty intense rock paper scissor contests back in my prime. :sofunny:

3 to be 4
06-02-2006, 01:28 AM
Game 4 1984 NBA Finals Celtics 129, Lakers 124 (OT)
2001 The snow game over the Raiders. looked like a snowglobe.
1978 playoff Yankees vs Red Sox - the 24 hours leading up to it the most exciting time i can remember as a kid. Even in defeat, it was the greatest baseball game ever.

WWIIOwheelz
06-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Douglas beating Tyson definitely ranks up there. I watched that live & was stunned.... I'm a big fight fan, and I knew what I was seeing as it was happening. It was a thing of beauty.

NC State winning the NCAA hoops championship over Houston that one year was amazing, back in the mid-80s. I saw that game with my Dad.... now I have kids that age.

Too many in golf to list, but I've seen some incredible, pressure-packed finishes in that game.

tony hipchest
06-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Too many in golf to list, but I've seen some incredible, pressure-packed finishes in that game.payne stewart winning his major before he died comes to mind

WWIIOwheelz
06-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah... hugging Lefty & telling him he'd have his day instead of gloating. TOTAL class-act, Payne Stewart.

I shot 89 at Ft Cherry Thursday! :)

(That's my 2nd best round EVER, and I was lightning-struck, never expected it.)

tony hipchest
06-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I shot 89 at Ft Cherry Thursday! :)

excellent! that musta been one hell of a rush.

how prophetic of payne with that gesture - definite class. he was always my favorite golf personality and truly represented, and i was sad when he died. once he died i pulled for mickelson (who is one hell of a football handicapper). mickelsons 1st major would be in my golf top 3, as would normans meltdown (1st golf tournament i ever followed on the final day)

William Munney
06-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Edgar Martinez's double vs. the Yankees in 95. Cora scores and Griffey Jr. follows...

The restart of UW football program under of all people Neusieel (whatever) Whipping Dorsey in 2000 and knocking off Miami...

Mariners, and Luis Sota hits the game winner off former Ms Mark Langtan in 95. I was at work and listening on the radio and all I heard was AAAAABBBBLLLLLLLLLLLAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! from our announcer...:smile:

3 to be 4
06-03-2006, 01:23 AM
that some sports tradition there in Seattle.

William Munney
06-03-2006, 01:59 PM
that some sports tradition there in Seattle.

Yeah, the Seattle storm won a championship.:smile: