PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Schedule

smheart78
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/pit/year/2011/pittsburgh-steelers
So, the Steelers will have five (5) prime time games this year and 2 other Sunday late games! I like this because sometimes I can't get to watch them on tv in my area and have to scramble to get my butt to the bar. But with the recent SB showing, this guarantees that I will get to see almost every game from my home!
Unfortunately, the downside is that there will be barely any rhythm for the staff and players. I know this doesn't affect the veterans very much, but I'm sure it will take a toll for the newer guys, especially with the shortened pre-season.

For kicks, here's my projection: (11-5)
@Baltimore L
Seattle W
@Indianapolis L
@Houston L
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco L
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

BIGNASTY91
09-01-2011, 02:06 PM
we are kick the ravens ass!!:tt03:

lasvegasguy
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM
So, the Steelers will have five (5) prime time games this year and 2 other Sunday late games! I like this because sometimes I can't get to watch them on tv in my area and have to scramble to get my butt to the bar. But with the recent SB showing, this guarantees that I will get to see almost every game from my home!
Unfortunately, the downside is that there will be barely any rhythm for the staff and players. I know this doesn't affect the veterans very much, but I'm sure it will take a toll for the newer guys, especially with the shortened pre-season.

@Baltimore L
Seattle W
@Indianapolis L
@Houston L
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco L
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

There is 10 seconds of my life I am not getting back :banging:. Really? We are going to start the season 1-3? We are going to lose to a rusty Manning or even Collins for that matter? Then we are going to lose to the average 8-8 Texans. I'll give you the Ravens since we had a lot to say during the off season and they will be ready to play us so we could lose. Then you see us losing to the 49ers but beating the Pats? :rofl::rofl:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-01-2011, 02:16 PM

@Baltimore L
Seattle W
@Indianapolis L
@Houston L
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco L
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

Beating New England and losing to the Niners?

Hmmm....

DanRooney
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
We have a better chance of beating the Ravens week 1 with their OL problems and Lee Evans walking around in a boot while still adjusting to the offense.

smheart78
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
There is 10 seconds of my life I am not getting back :banging:. Really? We are going to start the season 1-3? We are going to lose to a rusty Manning or even Collins for that matter? Then we are going to lose to the average 8-8 Texans. I'll give you the Ravens since we had a lot to say during the off season and they will be ready to play us so we could lose. Then you see us losing to the 49ers but beating the Pats? :rofl::rofl:

Ha, I love that a prediction gets you so fired up! Sorry about the 10 seconds, in an attempt to explain my rationale. It's more being used to the way the Steelers play as opposed to any opponent they go up against. I think they are the best team in the NFL. I think we start rusty, get our sh*t together, beat NE and Nevermores at home and lose some meaningless away games late in the season.

Fire Arians
09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
we will go 16-0 son

smheart78
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
we will go 16-0 son

I agree, I see that you agree with me too.
11-5, tough schedule but they should be a player this year for the title

12-4 or better if they can fix issues in the secondary. I'm not worried about the offense at all this year (unless ben gets hurt)

Most consensus has the team between 12-4 and 10-6.

stb_steeler
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
we will go 16-0 son

I like the way you think......:drink:

solardave
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
@Baltimore W
Seattle W
@Indianapolis W
@Houston W
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City L
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco W
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

14-2

3rdandlong
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I think we'll split with Baltimore. We will probably lose 1 of 4 between Cleveland and Cincinatti because things never turn out the way you think. Another possible letdown, maybe Arizona. We will beat Indy, lose to New England, and win the others.

13-3

sharkweek
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM
last season we were better on the road than at home, no way we lose 5 games all on the road, particularly against the likes of the 49ers and Browns, certainly not at the end of the season when its likely crunch time to jockey for playoff position

55BaileyFan
09-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I keep seeing 11-5, i bet everyone watches ESPN too damn much and they are copying what they are saying. We will not lose to Cleveland (they aren't good enough yet) Hillis is a one hit wonder and they have no game breakers. We won't lose to San Fran either...REALLY.

I can see 13-3 baring injury...but 12-4 is very attainable.

lasvegasguy
09-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Ha, I love that a prediction gets you so fired up! Sorry about the 10 seconds, in an attempt to explain my rationale. It's more being used to the way the Steelers play as opposed to any opponent they go up against. I think they are the best team in the NFL. I think we start rusty, get our sh*t together, beat NE and Nevermores at home and lose some meaningless away games late in the season.

I'm not fired up. Predictions are great but yours just seems a little messed up. I agree we play down to the competition so a game we should win we will lose no doubt. However, we never, beat the Pats with Brady I just don't see us beating them.

Honestly, besides the Pats there are probably two more losses we are going to have. I really predict this team goes 13-2 leading into the last game against the Browns. We will probably have the #1 seed and rest the starters in that game. We lose making our record 13-3. I just don't see 4 or 5 losses with this soft schedule.

Pit fan from Mass.
09-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Its funny how some of you fans are proud of the steelers, and our quality of play but predict us to lose against any playoff quality teams. If we stay healthy...........

here's my projection: (15-1) VERY VERY POSSIBLE
@Baltimore W
Seattle W
@Indianapolis W
@Houston W
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W (maybe a loss, but probably not this year)
@Arizona W
New England L
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco W
St. Louis W
@Cleveland W

rocckbottomxmen
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I know you all think I am crazy but I see the steelers easy a 15 an 1, but at worst 14 and 2. I am not sure who the one loss would be to but I feel we will get the patriots this yr. we may not be able to stop their o(although I think we will) but I know we can outscore them.

Navy86
09-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I worry that we may potentially lose back to back games @ AZ and then home to NE. We may take AZ lightly prepping for NE. And with our current DB situation, Brady will be licking his chops once again. It's sad really. I'm surprised more teams haven't executed a NE-type of game plan against us. I know it takes having a QB w/ great accuracy, but there are a few teams that could successfully execute that game plan against us.

On that note though, I feel sorry (not really) for the Ravens because in that scenario, we wipe the field w/ the Ravens in frustration.

My guess, overall, with our recent history following SBs, we have a rough year, but pull out a 10-6 record and a Wild Card berth. Here are my losses:

Wk 1: @ Baltimore (their SB...and will prepare as such)
Wk 4: @ Houston (this team always gives us fits)
Wk 7: @ AZ (Horton and Townsend exploit our weaknesses in which they are intimately aware)
Wk 8: NE (Brady vs. McFadden and Gay :banging: ;enough said)
Wk 10: @ Cinci (one of those inexplicable losses we seem to have once a year)
**Note: Enough is enough, we finally fleet up Lewis and Brown over McFadden and Gay**
Wk 17: @ Cleveland (w/ Wild Card sewn up and no chance for Division title, we play our scrubs and lose)

Wild Card victory over Ravens
Divisional victory over Jets
AFC Championship victory over San Diego
SB victory over GB

Another 6th seed SB victory for the STEELERS!!! :tt03:

Pit fan from Mass.
09-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I know you all think I am crazy but I see the steelers easy a 15 an 1, but at worst 14 and 2. I am not sure who the one loss would be to but I feel we will get the patriots this yr. we may not be able to stop their o(although I think we will) but I know we can outscore them.

I dont think youre crazy.

Look above your post.........

Moose
09-05-2011, 02:34 PM

@Baltimore L
Seattle W
@Indianapolis L
@Houston L
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco L
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

I really don't think you are too far off with your thinking. I can see the Baltimore game being one that is going to be close since as was mentioned earlier--it's their Super Bowl and it's going to be tough to beat them at their place. I think indy is doable though with Peyton hurting and going to be afraid of the 'hits' he will be subject to from our D. Loss at 49'rs I don't see, nor do I see a loss at Cleveland...even with our 2nd string and Batch. We need our division wins and you know that the ratbirds will also be counting on division wins....and they will be playing cincy. I think a 13-3 season is plausible. Possible losses: Houston, N.E.( just because of possibly facing them again in playoffs and not wanting to show them anything), and KC. Just my opinion.

ricardisimo
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I think we're going to tie all of our games and still win the division.

MACH1
09-05-2011, 02:41 PM
I think we're going to tie all of our games and still win the division.

That would work in the nfc west. :rofl:

steelfury02
09-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm sticking with 11-5.

I'm on the fence but think we'll split games with Bmore. Could be like last year - we'll win in their house and they'll win in ours again. Who knows but we at least get 1 win in the series.

The game @ Arizona makes me nervous - just feel like Whiz has this game circled and we could get taken off guard looking forward

I see losing a heart breaker to New England again - owning them for once and letting them creep back in at the end.

I see a loss out of either the Cincy or Browns game at home - just for the reason that we are due I guess - like someone said - we can lose 1-2 games we shouldn't

I think for whatever reason we will lose one out of San Fran, St. Louis or Cleveland. Put it this way - I don't think we win two games out west this season. If the division comes down to the last couple games Tomlin will treat it as in the past and all hands on deck. We might even be in contention the last couple games for the #1 seed regardless of division. We want that bye and home field baby. We can't keep hoping we don't see New England as #2 seed.

13-3 will get #1 seed 12-4 gets us the division plus #2 seed, 11-5 gets us division with tie breakers (3 or 4 seed). 10-6 and we just get it as wild card. I think Baltimore will go 11-5.

tanda10506
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
As you can tell by some of my posts on this already, I don't think we will split the Baltimore games, I think we can beat them twice with Ben healthy. The more I think about it, I don't think this team is going to loose "easy" games (Cardinals, Bengals, Browns etc.) this year unless the game doesn't matter. I think this year, this team is motivated, the vets want one more, Ben is only focused on football and will hopefully play all year, I think it's definetly possible to win all the games we "should", even though we usually drop one or two. It wouldn't surprise me if we did drop one, but this year I don't think we will. Now if our seed # is already determined then we might. I thought we would split the Indi and New England games, but if Manning is out I would say the Colts game is a win. If this offense is as explosive as I think it will be, I think we can get New England this year. Sure would be nice to go 13-3 and beat New England finally.

smheart78
12-27-2011, 01:40 PM

@Baltimore L
Seattle W
@Indianapolis L
@Houston L
Tennessee W
Jacksonville W
@Arizona W
New England W
Baltimore W
@Cincinnati W
@Kansas City W
Cincinnati W
Cleveland W
@San Francisco L
St. Louis W
@Cleveland L

I would say that this ended up pretty darn close. I wish we would have lossed to Indy and beat Baltmore though. It would have helped us with the tiebreakers! Ultimately, I hope I'm wrong about the last game against Cleveland.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Nice job, under your scenario though we wouldve been resting the starters the last game of the season, which wouldve potentially gave us a loss. That most likely will not be the case at this point.

Look for Harisson to re-introduce himself to Mr. McCoy and his daddy. If of course his daddy lets him play Sunday.

Ricco Suavez
12-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I would say that this ended up pretty darn close. I wish we would have lossed to Indy and beat Baltmore though. It would have helped us with the tiebreakers! Ultimately, I hope I'm wrong about the last game against Cleveland.

Not bad! Not bad at all, and you took some grief from your predictions. :applaudit::hatsoff:

Bayz101
12-27-2011, 04:22 PM

I would say, if Manning had played, you'd probably be right.