Antonio Brown
J-Cotch

yeah lets go 5 wide and air it out, why not? :tt02:

tony hipchest
09-02-2011, 12:33 AM
....a piece of ass (sloppy secoonds) from big bens girlfriends? :hunch:

SoCalFan
09-02-2011, 12:42 AM
HA,lets see if he knows what to do with all that talent!We need to go no huddle more often.Cant believe Ben hasnt bitch slapped some common sense in him yet!

DanRooney
09-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Mike Wallace
Hines Ward
Emmanuel Sanders
Antonio Brown
J-Cotch

Sanders looked good today. I think we're in very good shape for the future as long as Wallace stays. With this much depth at WR, we won't need to draft one in the next 4-5 years.

tony hipchest
09-02-2011, 01:30 AM
yeah lets go 5 wide and air it out, why not? :tt02:before this thread goes on any further....

are you suggesting we cut heath miller or just pay him 6 million/year for 20-30 snaps?

keep in mind that when you take miller out of the game, you bench a pair of the steelers surest hands along with protection for ben. :helmet:

MACH1
09-02-2011, 01:46 AM
We should trade Heath to get Gibson back.

Wallace108
09-02-2011, 01:52 AM
I thought the answer was going to be "an assistant to call the plays in the red zone." :chuckle:

My bad ... that's what he needs, not what he wants. :doh:

MACH1
09-02-2011, 01:53 AM
I thought the answer was going to be "an assistant to call the plays in the red zone." :chuckle:

That would be Wards job since he's old and washed up.

Fire Arians
09-02-2011, 02:13 AM
before this thread goes on any further....

are you suggesting we cut heath miller or just pay him 6 million/year for 20-30 snaps?

keep in mind that when you take miller out of the game, you bench a pair of the steelers surest hands along with protection for ben. :helmet:

3rd and 1, get miller out of there and go 4-wide!

in all honesty im pretty drunk and half joking. but hey at least if arians wants to do his 4-5 wide thing we actually have the personnel to pull it off

ricardisimo
09-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I liked the comment from the Carolina talking heads during the game about Wallace, Sanders and Co.: "Boy they have receivers just growing on trees in Pittsburgh."

theplatypus
09-02-2011, 06:21 AM
I liked the comment from the Carolina talking heads during the game about Wallace, Sanders and Co.: "Boy they have receivers just growing on trees in Pittsburgh."

That was great

MDSteel15
09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
So hope they replay it on NFL network.... couldn't watch it last night :banging:

Wallabeast17
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
So hope they replay it on NFL network.... couldn't watch it last night :banging:

Saturday at 8 I believe they are.

As for airing the ball out, honestly I wouldn't be mad. We have the Running backs to pound you in the face and to break runs to the house, we have recievers that are too fast for you to cover and are vey explosive, and a QB that will get the ball to them. This offense should have a very good year as long as the OL or Arins doesn't mess things up too bad.

Steel Peon
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM
This.

It's an absolute truth that Heath has been a key instrument in both of our previous SB runs, and his role relegation into that of a sidecar lineman has reduced an awful lot of our offensive effectiveness. I don't care what anyone claims that we now have in our WR corps, unless Heath is used more as a target then Ben will not spot him on crucial throws......case in point, the SB. All this I will blame on, of course, Bruce Arians.......stop wasting our talent dude!!

fer522
09-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Saturday at 8 I believe they are.

As for airing the ball out, honestly I wouldn't be mad. We have the Running backs to pound you in the face and to break runs to the house, we have recievers that are too fast for you to cover and are vey explosive, and a QB that will get the ball to them. This offense should have a very good year as long as the OL or Arins doesn't mess things up too bad.

Arians will mess things up :banging::banging::banging:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
If Cotchery is the #5 receiver, he wouldn't play that much. More often, they could use Miller + Ward, Wallace, Brown, and Sanders. That would be pretty lethal.

Steel Peon
09-02-2011, 03:35 PM
If Cotchery is the #5 receiver, he wouldn't play that much. More often, they could use Miller + Ward, Wallace, Brown, and Sanders. That would be pretty lethal.
+1 :grin:

LVSteelersfan
09-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I've never had a lot of problem with Arians calls between the 20s. But once we get in the red zone he just seems to get stupid for some reason. The only other thing that irritates me is when Mendenhall is kicking butt and they bring in Moore for a three and out series a couple of times in a row. Stay with what you do early in the game that seems to be working. In fact, Moore should not see the field except on third and long. Redman should be in the game on first down to replace Mendy, NOT Moore.

Steelersfan87
09-02-2011, 05:53 PM
The Steelers would only go 5 wide 1-3 times a game at most, barring hail mary situations anyway.

rocckbottomxmen
09-02-2011, 05:55 PM
I've never had a lot of problem with Arians calls between the 20s. But once we get in the red zone he just seems to get stupid for some reason. The only other thing that irritates me is when Mendenhall is kicking butt and they bring in Moore for a three and out series a couple of times in a row. Stay with what you do early in the game that seems to be working. In fact, Moore should not see the field except on third and long. Redman should be in the game on first down to replace Mendy, NOT Moore.

I agree with this. I actually think we could have let moore go and kept d warren. I think dwyer should get some carries this year. And Redman should have been getting more carries.......

stb_steeler
09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Mike Wallace
Hines Ward
Emmanuel Sanders
Antonio Brown
J-Cotch

Bout the time Steelers run a 5 wide, Airhead will call a running play!.....:rofl:

Fire Arians
09-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Bout the time Steelers run a 5 wide, Airhead will call a running play!.....:rofl:

or an end-around and give it to the slowest player in that lineup lol

truesteelerfan
09-04-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure this is what he wants....Too many non-WR still on the field....Ben and 10 WR lining up gives him so many more options to throw it....maybe he can get to 75 throws a game if he tries hard enough!

StainlessStill
09-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Mike Wallace
Hines Ward
Emmanuel Sanders
Antonio Brown
J-Cotch
Heath Miller

Fixed.:tt04: HERE WE GO!!!!

Kanata-Steeler
09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
ya air it out, oops, they're on to us airing it out all the time, oops, look at our losses accumulating...
NO RUN GAME ?, then there is NO SB Game !
why?,
because Ben/Ariens are NOT consistently accurate enough, or even smart enough, ALL the time.

Get a grip -LoL

Navy86
09-05-2011, 11:50 AM
or an end-around and give it to the slowest player in that lineup lol

and the 5 wide will consist of Battle, MeMo, Johnson, Ward, and Essex reporting as eligible receiver. Oh that tricky Arians...