PDA

View Full Version : Roster Cuts Tomorrow...predictions

55BaileyFan
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/09/53-man-predictions.html

I can't wait to hear everyones upset roster spot! Who is the shocker to make it?

BKAnthem
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Cut Will Allen Move BMac to Safety.......wishful thinking

Rick5895
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I agree with moving BMac, and cut Gay.

ricksteelers55
09-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I think they will end up keeping 6 CB and 6 WR.I'm not sure I would cut Lyons even though they will probably end up cutting him to keep Battle instead.They might keep 7 DL and 8 LB instead or 6 DL and 9 LB(depending on how they love McClendon and or want to keep Hoke around)

Willie Gay just doesnt fit in anymore.I mean we got kids that could take his place anytime and play better.Keenan Lewis,Cortez Allen,Crezdon Butler and Donovan Warren are all kids I would keep before Willie Gay.

Ivy and Waters have been the only cuts so far...let's see who's next.

theplatypus
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I bet Saunders and Ivy make it and Warren doesn't. He's played reasonably well, but undrafted cornerbacks that run a 4.6 40 are a dime a dozen.

Fire Arians
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I bet Saunders and Ivy make it and Warren doesn't. He's played reasonably well, but undrafted cornerbacks that run a 4.6 40 are a dime a dozen.

warren was actually predicted to be a 2nd-3rd round pick when he entered the draft, but his stock dropped drastically after his bad 40 time, which was because he injured his ankle within a week of the combine. I would guess he's faster than what his combine results were

DanRooney
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I have a feeling we're in for one or two surprise cuts. Maybe Hoke in favor of McClendon and Gay in favor of a Donovan Warren or Cortez Allen.

Update: Nevermind on Donovan Warren

Per Twitter.... @MarkKaboly_Trib: #Steelers cut Clay, Johnson, Robinson, Lyons, Grisham, McCoy, Miller, Turner, Maloecki, Jolly, Williams, DE Corbin Bryant, LB Mario Harvey, LB Mortty Ivy, LB Chris McCoy, CB Donovan Warren, CB Macho Harris, S BRent Greenwood . K Swayze Waters, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, RB John Clay, RB James Johnson, WR Wes Lyons, WR Amard Robinson, TE Jamie McCoy ...

Steelersfan87
09-02-2011, 04:41 PM

I keep seeing people mentioning Will Allen, yet he's played well every time he's been on the field and he's a great special teams player. I don't get it.

Gay will not be gone until somebody physically proves that they can handle the nickel slot in the regular season. Potential only means so much to LeBeau, he needs to see the work done in a meaningful game. That's why Warren was cut. I'm still interested in seeing if they carry 7 CBs. I figured all along that Mortty Ivy would be a numbers casualty with them carrying 8 LBs, so that's not a surprise. The questions are really 5-6 WRs, 6-7 DL, and 6-7 CBs. I guess you could also throw in 3-4 TE and 9-10 OL, but I would figure they carry 3 and 9, respectively.

SunshineMan21
09-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I have a feeling we're in for one or two surprise cuts. Maybe Hoke in favor of McClendon and Gay in favor of a Donovan Warren or Cortez Allen.

Update: Nevermind on Donovan Warren

Per Twitter.... @MarkKaboly_Trib: #Steelers cut Clay, Johnson, Robinson, Lyons, Grisham, McCoy, Miller, Turner, Maloecki, Jolly, Williams, DE Corbin Bryant, LB Mario Harvey, LB Mortty Ivy, LB Chris McCoy, CB Donovan Warren, CB Macho Harris, S BRent Greenwood . K Swayze Waters, S Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, RB John Clay, RB James Johnson, WR Wes Lyons, WR Amard Robinson, TE Jamie McCoy ...

Only real surprise to me was Warren, and even then it's not clear he performed better than Lewis, Butler, Brown, Allen, etc.

Ivy played relatively well, but right now we don't exactly have a ton of spots for LBs. And Clay basically failed to knock off Dwyer. The other guys generally had no prayer.

55BaileyFan
09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Like I said on the blog, if they kept only 6 corners than Warren was the odd man out and Battle would be the six receiver. I really wanted Ivy though, he played well and could have taken Battle's special teams spot...I will trust the front office for now, lol.

Gay played well enough to stay...only because Cortez was hurt and Curtis Brown, Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler didn't play him out of a job...as of now.

Moose
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Is Sep. gonna be on the chopping block ?

ETL
09-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Like I said on the blog, if they kept only 6 corners than Warren was the odd man out and Battle would be the six receiver. I really wanted Ivy though, he played well and could have taken Battle's special teams spot...I will trust the front office for now, lol.

Gay played well enough to stay...only because Cortez was hurt and Curtis Brown, Keenan Lewis and Crezdon Butler didn't play him out of a job...as of now.

6 CBs? That means they need to drop one of these guys:

Butler or cortez Allen. As i have Taylor, mcfadden, gay, Lewis, and Brown already on the team. I think there's a chance they keep 7