PDA

View Full Version : Notable Free Agents?

DanRooney
09-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I doubt there's any chance we'd take a dip in another team's cookie jar, but which available FA's would you want on our team or have land in our practice squad?

My top 5:
1. Brandon Merriweather SS- A great backup to have in case Troy were to go down (knock on wood). Why the hell not? If anything you bring him in to learn every last bit of knowledge on that Patriot defense.
2. Crezdon Butler CB - this guy had a great first preseason and a decent 2nd preseason. I have no idea how you can cut a guy who runs for a 95 yard interception return in their last preseason game. So what if it hit him right in the chest. I've seen Gay drop those same balls. And its not like we're stacked with great talent at the CB position. What angers me the most is that WR from youtube is still on our team for no reason whatsoever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2OyPpxV_4
3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB- had a lot of talent at OSU and was cut due to a mere numbers game here. Would love to have him back since he's still PS eligible.
4. Lousaka Polite FB - This guy was awesome with the Dolphins. No versatility but he's a pure FB and can block better than David Johnson.
5. Dan Orlovsky QB - Superboel. :chuckle:

SteeleReign
09-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I doubt there's any chance we'd take a dip in another team's cookie jar, but which available FA's would you want on our team or have land in our practice squad?

My top 5:
1. Brandon Merriweather SS- A great backup to have in case Troy were to go down (knock on wood). Why the hell not? If anything you bring him in to learn every last bit of knowledge on that Patriot defense.
2. Crezdon Butler CB - this guy had a great first preseason and a decent 2nd preseason. I have no idea how you can cut a guy who runs for a 95 yard interception return in their last preseason game. So what if it hit him right in the chest. I've seen Gay drop those same balls. And its not like we're stacked with great talent at the CB position. What angers me the most is that WR from youtube is still on our team for no reason whatsoever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C2OyPpxV_4
3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB- had a lot of talent at OSU and was cut due to a mere numbers game here. Would love to have him back since he's still PS eligible.
4. Lousaka Polite FB - This guy was awesome with the Dolphins. No versatility but he's a pure FB and can block better than David Johnson.
5. Dan Orlovsky QB - Superboel. :chuckle:

1. Yes. At Battle's expense. I'd prefer Gay to go, but that's not gonna happen.
2. Maybe. Practice Squad only.
3. No. I know you will fight this one to it's bloody end. But, no.
4. Polite. No.
5. Uhhhhh....no.

Navy86
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
DBs Shiloh Keo, Mark Legree, Josh Thomas, Korey Lindsey and Ahmad Black were all released today.

Also, not that we need him, but Sanders ol' running mate WR Aldrick Robinson was released as well.

I noticed that a lot of draft picks were released...product of the off-season issues perhaps??

ETL
09-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Running back Chris Ogbonnaya was released from the Texans. I think he should on the list.

sbbound
09-03-2011, 09:52 PM
I'm surprised Polite was cut. That guy can block. From what I've heard Sparano wants to open it up more. He would decay on the Steelers bench with the lack of use a fullback gets in their system though.

sbbound
09-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't hate seeing Brandon Merriweather. Pretty much just because the Pats bring in every big time rivals players when they are cut.

Kingmagyar
09-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Brandon Merriweather should get some big time money to be a starter somewhere. He made the pro-bowl last year. That's why I said on another post did this guy impregnate Belichick's daughter or something? I think the Jets will try to sign him just to steal a Patriot's player, and he would fit Rex Ryan's hard hitting defense.

How about former Pitt offensive lineman Mike McGlynn? Dump Chris Scott for him.

I would not be surprised if the Steelers do in fact sign someone from another team.

DanRooney
09-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Meriweather signs with the Bears...

I'm really liking SS Chris Horton from the Redskins. He was pretty good when he started as a rookie 3 years ago in place of Landry.