PDA

View Full Version : Final Cuts...crazy?

55BaileyFan
09-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Is anyone else completely blown away by who they cut? I can't really understand thinning the OL even more...unless Hills just wasn't getting it and Butler kind of confused me...unless they had to choose between him or Cortez Allen.

What do you all think?

Wallabeast17
09-03-2011, 08:27 PM
I would have liked both of them to stay. Especially Butler, however I myself would keep Cortez and Brown over Butler-I really liked those picks and you know that they would be picked up by someone later on IMO.
But football is a business....:noidea:

55BaileyFan
09-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree, I would rather have the rookies and that must have been their thoughts when they cut Butler....but why keep 10 corners? We usually keep like 7 or 8.

ricardisimo
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I agree, I would rather have the rookies and that must have been their thoughts when they cut Butler....but why keep 10 corners? We usually keep like 7 or 8.
You mean 10 DBs. I think we only have 6 corners and 4 safeties, which is normal.

Pentheon
09-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I would have liked to seen butler stay and I know we dont have the room but I liked what I saw from lyons

:noidea:

dave n'at
09-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty happy Cortez Allen made it, but I really don't see the logic in cutting Butler who in my opinion showed us the most both this preseason and last from any corner. B-Mac was my favorite CB in his first stint with us but he was downright awful last year and I would've taken Crezdon over him and/or Gay, personally. I guess that's why I'm not in the front office though. :noidea:

Was also hoping Wes Lyons had a shot, hopefully he'll be put on the practice squad and won't be picked up by anyone. I was pleasantly surprised by him, I thought he would be all size and no skill but the dude was quick and made a few REALLY nice grabs. I wouldn't be shocked at all if another team claimed him from our PS.

DanRooney
09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Cortez Allen better be a damn good player. Crezdon was a baller and he showed it many times in the preseason.

.24lockdown
09-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Cortez Allen better be a damn good player. Crezdon was a baller and he showed it many times in the preseason.

AGREED. For a guy who only played in the second half of the LAST game of the pre-season against the PANTHERS he must be amazing. I want to see him succeed but I'm still puzzled at this cut. Crezdon getting burned against Clowney was his only really big mistake, and keenan lewis has has made plenty more but yet he's still here??

I'm not trying to imply Cortez and/or Keenan suck, but I'm really questioning this logic....:noidea:

DanRooney
09-05-2011, 03:22 PM
AGREED. For a guy who only played in the second half of the LAST game of the pre-season against the PANTHERS he must be amazing. I want to see him succeed but I'm still puzzled at this cut. Crezdon getting burned against Clowney was his only really big mistake, and keenan lewis has has made plenty more but yet he's still here??

I'm not trying to imply Cortez and/or Keenan suck, but I'm really questioning this logic....:noidea:

It seems they are impressed by Cortez's athletic ability and potential more than anything. He's been injured for the entire preseason outside the last game. I thought Butler had the same tools as Allen but actually showed his skillset in games. I'm pretty sure Allen would have cleared waivers and landed on the PS, only because other teams had no real footage of him playing against other NFL teams. Hell, I'd be surprised if any other teams scouted people on the Citadel team (I'm a huge college fan and have never seen a single game from that team). If they wanted to be safe, they should have just cut Battle or Hoke.

Steeldude
09-05-2011, 04:54 PM
i can understand why they cut hills. how many years has he had now to show something? if you can't beat out scott and essex then you are destined to be a journey man/benchwamer in the NFL