PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Fever T-Shirt Logo

SteelersFever
05-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Ok guys, I need your help! I'm having trouble thinking of a good Steelers Fever logo for a t-shirt. If you have an idea, please post it. Even if you think it's stupid. It can be anything from a detailed drawing of a cartoon character or just textual letters. If I use your design I'll send you a FREE Steelers Fever t-shirt once they're printed. Let the brainstorming begin!

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
I probably let the designing to someone like Big Ben. But I`m in to buy a few. Just let me know when and how $$$$$

SteelersFever
05-18-2005, 04:56 PM
I can design the logo myself. I just need some ideas. I'll come up with something if you guys don't. Also, I appreciate that clevestinks, I'll let you know all the details once I place the order.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah, Im definatley in for a couple Tshirts too!! and possibly a hat if u decide to make them.

FYI, when ur ready to get them printed. www.cafepress.com is a great affordable way to make them, they can screen print your logo on anything from mousepads, to mugs, to clocks to shirts and hats.

Let me play around w/ it tonite and see what I can come up with too. Im sure BB2W will chime in w/ some ideas too.

SteelersFever
05-18-2005, 05:32 PM
A few weeks ago I was considering using CafePress. That is until I read an article about it's horrible quality and fading after 1 wash. This was from a person who has been printing t-shirts since 2000.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
hhhmmm, thats odd. I have a couple tshirts from them, from other forums Im on, and they've been washed tons of times, with no issues. Very weird... maybe I just got lucky, I dont know.

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Lokk around locally, I know around my area, I was looking for t shirts for my fan club and found a place to do them for around $8 a piece. And that was for any qauntity, even individual. I was shocked. But it helps to look at small businesses in the yellow pages.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, come to think of it, there's a place near me, that does lettering and graphics on all kinds of items, including clothes, very well known, and quality workmanship. If you need thier info, just lemme know, and I'll find out more about their pricing and stuff for ya.

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Well I don't have any ideas for the shirts...but I will definately buy one...just let me know!

Steelersfan
05-18-2005, 11:52 PM
How about Steelers wrapped around the top of a Steelers helmet with Fever wrapped under?
Maybe a black shirt with gold letters?

You could also have the S on the left and the F on the right of the Steelers logo and maybe have Steelers fever underneath in small letters?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
We also have to be careful about copyright infringements when making the designs. I like ur idea steelersfan... and possibly also..

get a nice bold SF as a logo on the front pocket area, and on the back Steelers written in steel looking type letters, and Fever written in like bold red or yellow with heat designs coming off of the letters.. u know kinda like the the whole fever aspect of it. Then maybe a football being flown thru the middle of it all?

just brainstorming here alittle.

Steelersfan
05-19-2005, 12:15 AM
You are right, wasn't thinking of the copyright. The SF on the pocket would be cool. I was wondering about the back. Was thinking of something like "bleeding black and gold" but wasn't sure if you wanted something on the back or not.
Maybe the SF style letters on the front pocket and "Steelers Fever! Bleeding Black and Gold!" on the back?

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 09:32 AM
I don't have any ideas for the design, but I think there are a lot of black steeler t-shirts out there. What about taking some of your ideas and putting them on a gold shirt with black writing????

Steelersfan
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I was wondering about the colors. Wasn't sure if they had something in mind for that or if they just wanted a logo. A gold shirt would be cool too. Was also thinking of a white one but I think gold would be better.

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 10:09 AM
Yah, I'm just not a huge fan of black t-shirts. I like gold, white, or even something different like red or blue!

steelersgirl86
05-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Gold would be sweet...something different

ironcitychef
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
just throwing out an idea. I'm not sold on it, but play around with it...have a thermometer(fever!) but instead of the normal numbers and scale, have the Steelers numbers in there like a mark for 7, 22, 36, 55, 86, etc. then the mercury(some steeler color?) bursting out the top. Not sure if it is the tough image we might be after, but it fits our site and I've never seen anything like it. If you don't like it, I completely understand don't hold it against me and punish my rep please! HW, this could be one of the stupidest things though.

clevestinks
05-19-2005, 02:03 PM
I like the idea of the thermometer, or fire, something with fever typr heat.

How about Steelers Fever in black. Flames all around and brown, purple and orange helmets underneath melting away.

Just a thought

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
maybe have 16 numbers on the thermometer, to signify the 16 regular season games.. then a separate section for the playoffs where its getting alittle more red..and then the superbowl where its get bright fire red.... however if u dont win the SB, then it might look pretty silly like that :rolleyes:

maybe have the thermometer like chef said coming up thru the middle of the steelers fever I mentioned or one of the other ones that were mentioned ?

Steelersfan
05-19-2005, 11:05 PM
wouldn't having all those #'s on the thermometer make the logo quite big? at least so you could read it easily?
having the thermometer is not a bad idea though with maybe the SF letters on the right of the themometer? kinda attached if you get what i mean. shades of red on the therm with either black or gold SF letters depending on the color of the shirts?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2005, 01:14 AM
or you could start out black on the bottom of the thermo, and work ur way up to gold ! :D

Prosdo
05-20-2005, 01:36 AM
just throwing out an idea. I'm not sold on it, but play around with it...have a thermometer(fever!) but instead of the normal numbers and scale, have the Steelers numbers in there like a mark for 7, 22, 36, 55, 86, etc. then the mercury(some steeler color?) bursting out the top. Not sure if it is the tough image we might be after, but it fits our site and I've never seen anything like it. If you don't like it, I completely understand don't hold it against me and punish my rep please! HW, this could be one of the stupidest things though.

I think thats a cool idea. Maybe a gold tee. The name Steelers in white outlined in black. The thermometer behind Steelers. Have the top of the thermometer broke with some white spiky area to represent the burst and have the word fever in it.

Steelersfan
05-20-2005, 01:36 AM
that would be cool but then you would have to make the shirt white so you could see the colors.

Edit* this was to BRC's post.

SteelersFever
05-20-2005, 01:54 AM
Hmmm... all good ideas. This is more difficult than I thought. I like the idea of the thermometer. Not sure how I would incorporate it though. Back to the drawing board!

Steelersfan
05-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Hmmm... all good ideas. This is more difficult than I thought. I like the idea of the thermometer. Not sure how I would incorporate it though. Back to the drawing board!

I like the SF in your avatar connected to a thermometer with the black and gold colors.
Maybe the SF like your avvy on the front pocket and a bigger SF with the thermometer on the back with "Steelers Fever" around it?

bigbensgirl7
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
I like the SF in your avatar connected to a thermometer with the black and gold colors.
Maybe the SF like your avvy on the front pocket and a bigger SF with the thermometer on the back with "Steelers Fever" around it?

I like that idea...it sounds pretty cool!!

clevestinks
05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey if it says Steelers and it helps the site< I`m all for whatever logo.

Go Steelers Fever!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
I like the thermometer idea...but instead of player numbers...how about SB wins 1-4 then then have the thermometer burst at #5?

I mean,we're getting One for the Thumb this year anyhow.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey yeah.. his avatar logo on the front pocket area, and then a bigger version of it on the back with steelersfever written overtop of it.. hhmm

BB2W
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree......I think you should use the fonts that are used on the site. :twocents:

clevestinks
05-20-2005, 06:58 PM
How about a picture of Jersey Steel, and it can read " Steilirs Fuver Frum" :D

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2005, 07:38 PM
:rofl: :flipoff:

no no no, its stlres fvur frems :banana:

ironcitychef
05-21-2005, 10:12 AM
even those l33t typers looked at Jersey's posts with crossed eyes!:crazy01:

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Anything on the tshirts yet! Training camp is 2 months away, and I figured I`d sport mine there.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Didnt we draft BB2W to make the logo? :D

ironcitychef
06-05-2005, 10:36 AM
BB2W is probably holding out for more money! Typical high draft pick:D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
He's been talking to TO !!!! :rofl:

BB2W
06-05-2005, 10:41 AM
lol.....I hadn't heard anything about it. I thought Mike was gonna do it. I think he should because he can use the fonts and style used on the site for the logo on the shirt. If he wants me to give it a shot, I will. I thought something kinda plain with just the Steeler Fever fonts would be cool.....

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 01:15 PM
well according to this..

Steelers Fever T-Shirt Logo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, I need your help! I'm having trouble thinking of a good Steelers Fever logo for a t-shirt. If you have an idea, please post it. Even if you think it's stupid. It can be anything from a detailed drawing of a cartoon character or just textual letters. If I use your design I'll send you a FREE Steelers Fever t-shirt once they're printed. Let the brainstorming begin!

He's open to ideas, so go for it BB and lets see what you can come up with. :cool:

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I wasn`t sure, looks like BB2 is the man

Justin Otstott
08-11-2005, 10:42 AM
my minds blank as well, but im in for buying one myself just to support!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2005, 07:23 PM
oh man, and here I thought somebody actually came up with one after seeing this thread dug up :D

Justin Otstott
08-12-2005, 07:03 AM
^ lol that was my first thought as well!

Steelersfan
08-16-2005, 02:12 AM
How about a Steelers helmet but instead of saying "steelers" it says "steelers fever" with the font you use in the banner? Would that be legal?

SteelerFanInATL
11-30-2005, 04:55 PM
How about one pic of players from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and now. Of course #58 Jack Lambert would have to represent the pic from the 70"s. What do you think? Give your opinion who should rep each decade.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow I think we all forgot about this project.. thanks for reminding us ATL !

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-30-2005, 08:54 PM
how do we order these shirts when there ready???

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-03-2005, 05:10 PM
How about one pic of players from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and now. Of course #58 Jack Lambert would have to represent the pic from the 70"s. What do you think? Give your opinion who should rep each decade.
What about using the #'s of the Steeler players in the HOF?

Prosdo
12-03-2005, 08:23 PM
I think at one point a breaking thermometer idea was being thrown around. I still like that idea.

Suitanim
12-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Alright, I'm bored and stuck at home on a Saturday night (being good so Sunday morning I can get up early and go to the game!)

I've bought several shirts made by MB's and posted up for sale, and they almost all sucked. I also used to design shirts for my fraternity, and they did not.

A few "rules" for success. The back should have the largest graphics, and the front should NOT have a pocket, but have a pocket sized graphic where the pocket would be. This is a little more expensive, but will sell more shirts. Cotton/poly blends are actually preferred if you are talking black or yellow shirts, since they hold their color better. 100% cotton is ideal for white shirts.

As for the logo, I'd use what you've got at the top of the page for the front pocket thing. As a matter of fact, I'd probably use it on the back, too, then something else (maybe the thermometer?), then the web address, in pretty bold white, under the whole thing.

Suitanim
12-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Ahhh...look what crawled out from under it's rock...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah we took care of that :cheers:

Iron City Hangover
12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Some of those were great ideas. C'mon you laughed at the Tommy ones. Admit it.:busted:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2005, 05:06 PM
uh, not really.. :busted:

Iron City Hangover
12-07-2005, 12:41 AM
uh, not really.. :busted:
Or how about "In Tommy We Trust". That was a positive one.

clevestinks
12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Do we have a shirt logo selected yet???

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2005, 04:46 PM
nope, not yet. We should really get this contest rolling again eh ? :tt:

BB2W
12-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I have always kinda thought we should use the same fonts, and style as the site, like this...

Maybe something like this logo, very small on the chest.

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/header01.gif

And this larger across the back...

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/graphic01.gif

Something like that would be nice and simple... If you guys want me to try a make something I will...

Justin Otstott
01-08-2006, 01:18 PM
I like that sig^^^

But I could design something for u guys if you give me some ideas!!!

Brady12
01-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I bought a shirt from riderfans.com and they use Cafepress, and mine is still fine after several washes.

http://www.cafepress.com/riderfans

Just some examples of stuff they made for Riderfans.com

SteelerDan43
01-09-2006, 02:08 PM
any more progress on t-shirts??

SteelerDan43
01-09-2006, 04:47 PM
So did we find a place to have them made or are we still picking a logo? or a little of both? :rolleyes:

Motley Nate
01-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Ran my own little t-shirt gig with the help of CafePress.com before. I'll take a swing at some ideas.

drizze99
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
My friend in Western PA (Philly area) owns a shirt making shop. If I can get an idea of what exacly you guys are looking for, I can talk to him about getting a deal on them.

drizze99
01-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Also, what font was used for "SteelersFever" at the top of the forum? I can take a stab at a design if there isn't one yet.

Lyn
01-12-2006, 08:23 PM
The more colors you work with the more it will cost you. The shirts I designed for the members from my site are expensive because I have 4 colors on the front and I think 3 on the back. As it is I have them done locally here in Lansing, MI because I know the quality. Also, they offer options, for example one tee is all black and one is all white. We also offer golf shirts, button down business shirts, etc. It gives the group more options

black&gold4ever
01-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I am new to this Forum, but liked the idea of the SF on the front pocket and a larger SF on the back with a thermometer super-imposed over the SF (bottom left to upper right) showing the Super Bowls (i.e. IX, X, XIII, XIV, & XL) with the thermometer bursting after XL. I also dig the gold T's with Black & white lettering....just my two cents.....

HburgXL06
02-15-2006, 07:28 PM
What about a Steelers logo on fire? Maybe work in an I-beam somewhere. You could do anythin. Da city of Pittsburgh is known for hills, bridges, STEEL, etc. Da Steelers, da team, da logo speak for themselves. I'm gonna try to make a Super Bowl/Steelers logo wit da Super Bowl XL logo either just plain or "painted" on a brick wall and a Steelers logo either slammin in from da front or breakin through from da back and havin cracks throughout da Super Bowl XL logo. If/when I get it done I'll showcase it here. Peace.

BuFu

steelersfanmx
02-22-2006, 03:33 PM
Just a few ideas.... hope u like it...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/tshirts.gif

luvmysteelers
02-25-2006, 05:03 AM
I like it, MX..nice job!

Justin Otstott
04-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I like the white version...So has anything been done yet with these shirts? I want to get me a Steelersfever shirt dang-it!

SteelerDan43
04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I guess the only question is if we are allowed to use the Steelers logo

Lyn
04-07-2006, 02:04 PM
No you are not allowed to use the Steeler logo. Well, unless you want to pay the licensing fee of $35,000. The logo has to be at least 35% altered.

Justin Otstott
04-07-2006, 03:22 PM
yea I was going to say you cant. But what I want to know is when will there be a SF shirt for sale damnit!!! lol

steelersfanmx
04-08-2006, 12:50 AM
what about this logo.. there is no Steelers insignia... but i like te steel effect...

i printed this and another steelers designs i made on Epson Transfer paper...
then i stamped on a couple old white Tshirts.. with an electric iron...
looks great...but don't know.. if is gonna last

Ps. sorry for my terrible english!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/metallic-logo.png

Justin Otstott
04-08-2006, 09:03 AM
your really good with the graphic design man, make some more!

SteelersFever
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Steelers Fever t-shirts WILL be available before the regular season, if not sooner! If you have the design that is chosen, we will send you a FREE t-shirt. If no other designs are submitted we will use the one that I create! :sofunny:

SteelersFever
04-22-2006, 09:11 PM
That's what I was thinking. Simple URL across the chest. But, it could probably use more. Maybe another graphic above and/or below. I don't want to use the Steelers logo. I'm hoping we can use the word 'Steelers' without trouble. Hmmm...

Just a few ideas.... hope u like it...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/tshirts.gif

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I like the simple yet cool design idea. :tt02:

I dont think you'll have an issue with using the word Steelers at all as long as its in conjuction with SteelersFever. the fan club of york, (my home town) has hats and tshirts that say Steelers Fan club of York on them and they've not had any issues that i know of.

SteelShooter
04-23-2006, 01:22 AM
You are right, wasn't thinking of the copyright. The SF on the pocket would be cool. I was wondering about the back. Was thinking of something like "bleeding black and gold" but wasn't sure if you wanted something on the back or not.
Maybe the SF style letters on the front pocket and "Steelers Fever! Bleeding Black and Gold!" on the back?

I like this idea the most. Using a Gold Tee-shirt! And I especially like the "Bleeding Black and Gold on the back....but in pretty small text (economical), and it looks better than the huge letters used back in the late 70's and early 80's. Perhaps small text, real high in the center, just a couple of inches below the neck.

:cool:

SteelersFever
04-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Yeah, we'll just say it's all one word! :sofunny:

Prosdo
04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
I like the gold t-shirt idea with Bleeding Black & Gold on the back

clevestinks
04-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I like the logo, black, gold, white? say Steelers, im in

section514
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8733/shirt6ak.jpg

SteelersFever
06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
It's a good idea. I like how you incorporated our catch phrase into the design. We should have Steelers fever t-shirts available soon.

I'll make a public announcement when we're almost ready to begin accepting orders.

Ohio Steeler
06-22-2006, 11:46 AM
that is nice how much will they be

section514
06-22-2006, 12:03 PM
i'm getting a quote i should have it by tommorow

SteelersFever
06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Please don't post the price. Only a member of the staff will have the actual price. I appreciate your effort, but we have everything under control.

Prosdo
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Has a design been decided on?

SteelersHoss
08-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Love the shirts,
I will definately buy one

Cebby
08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Too late for a submission?

Cebby
08-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Front pocket area:
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt3%20copy.jpg

Rear (click for full size image)
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt2%20copy%20(Medium).jpg (http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt2%20copy.jpg)

Tankus_Maximus
08-08-2006, 11:26 PM
How much for an XXL?

Prosdo
08-08-2006, 11:33 PM
No word on the design or price yet. I'm sure we'll get something in the works soon.

SteelersMongol
08-09-2006, 01:59 AM
what about this logo.. there is no Steelers insignia... but i like te steel effect...

i printed this and another steelers designs i made on Epson Transfer paper...
then i stamped on a couple old white Tshirts.. with an electric iron...
looks great...but don't know.. if is gonna last

Ps. sorry for my terrible english!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/metallic-logo.png

Wow, I love this one. Come on guys, when are you gonna make them ready? :bouncy: I wanted to buy some before I leave.

Tankus_Maximus
08-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Flippin' Sweet!!

Just a suggestion: Print them on Hanes Beefy T-Shirts, they hold the image better & longer.

Lyn
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
They look real nice. I would suggest Jerzie 50/50.

Since they are only 2 color shirts the price will not be much.

blackngoldbaby
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
all the ideas r really great but i was thinkin that we could put "not just fans hardcore fans"on the back of the shirt or somewhere but thats just a idea an id liked to say that making these shirts is a great idea!!!!!i cant wait to get one!:bouncy: :thmbup::sign04:

SteelersHoss
08-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I think whoever is making them needs to make a decision and go with it. While all suggestions are awesome, we all know that someone has to go with it and make a decision. Are they done yet?? Who is actually making them.

Tankus_Maximus
08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
The "not just for hardcore fans" idea sounds good..perhaps on the back? shoulder to shoulder? with the 3 diamonds beneath it?

Cebby
08-11-2006, 01:07 AM
OK - a few more ideas...

Black shirt front pocket/rear (click rear pic for large image):
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt3%20copy.jpg

http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt4%20copy%20(Medium).jpg (http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt4.jpg)

Gold shirt front pocket/rear (click rear pic for large image):
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt8%20copy.jpg

http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt5%20copy%20(Medium).jpg (http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt5.jpg)

Cebby
08-11-2006, 01:10 AM
White shirt front pocket/rear (click rear pic for large image):
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt10%20copy.jpg

http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt7%20copy%20(Medium).jpg (http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt7%20copy.jpg)

White shirt front pocket/rear (click rear pic for large image) - 2 color:
http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt9%20copy.jpg

http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt6%20copy%20(Medium).jpg (http://sf.cebulak.com/pics/sf-shirt6%20copy.jpg)

ARKIESTEEL
08-11-2006, 06:37 AM
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8733/shirt6ak.jpg
Whats wrong with this????

Tankus_Maximus
08-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I like 'em both, but I like the white shirt with the pocket logo. Nice pic of Duce carryin a buncha raiders.

SteelersHoss
08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
What is the scoop on the t-shirts????

SteelersHoss
01-02-2007, 04:36 PM
apparently no one wants to do the tshrts. Maybe the mods can take control of this and start the tshiort debate again. I would be proud to wear a shirt in Canada. Hey Arkie, coming up again for the Dolphins game next year..

Tankus_Maximus
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Man..I've found a silk-screener who'll do 'em, for a great price. I've sent email after email to the various mods with zero response.

I had it worked out to where the shirts would cost $12-15 bucks tops, but nobody ever responded....guess that was my civic duty for the year! lol

HometownGal
01-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey - I have no problem helping out with the t-shirt venture - I think it's a great idea! We just need to go-ahead from Mike. :smile:

clevestinks
01-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Duce on our shirt????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

PisnNapalm
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Duce on our shirt????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Sorry but I could never buy anything with Duce on it.

How about that shot of Bus running over Urlacher from last season? Or this shot?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=9547

Tankus_Maximus
01-04-2007, 11:15 AM

How about that shot of Bus running over Urlacher from last season? Or this shot?

If you can get me a shot of Bus truckin Urlacher, I can get that one done!

HometownGal
01-04-2007, 01:11 PM
If you can get me a shot of Bus truckin Urlacher, I can get that one done!

That one or Smith knocking IBoinkedMyMama into the next week. :tt02:

SteelersHoss
01-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Sorry folks, but enough ideas already. Who ever needs to be contacted to get the ok, do it. This debate has gone on long enough(at least close to a year to my knowledge). We claim that this is the best fan site, yet we cannot even get a tshirt design starightened out.

MyCuz64Furness
01-06-2007, 09:17 AM
The "not just for hardcore fans" idea sounds good..perhaps on the back? shoulder to shoulder? with the 3 diamonds beneath it?

I like that idea:tt02: :tt02:

HometownGal
01-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Sorry folks, but enough ideas already. Who ever needs to be contacted to get the ok, do it. This debate has gone on long enough(at least close to a year to my knowledge). We claim that this is the best fan site, yet we cannot even get a tshirt design starightened out.

I spoke to Mike about it recently and he wants to wait until right before training camp to move on this and I tend to agree with him. That gives us plenty of time to get several designs narrowed down and get to work on it. Don't worry - they're coming! :tt02:

SteelersHoss
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Just spoke with some ppl from another fansite, and they are ordering shirts as we speak.. It has not taken them nearly as long to do the ordering as it has taken us. Why wait until before traning camp???
I may sound like a broken record, but like i said, we have be talking about shirts for almost a year.

steelersfanmx
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Another idea for the Tshirts...
these could be made in silkprint
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/Picture1-1.jpg

steelersfanmx
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM
It could look like this...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/white_tshirt_lg.jpg

Livinginthe past
01-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Wow.

Those look fantastic, steelersfanmx!

You do 'em in red, white and blue? :wink02:

NM

steelersfanmx
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow.

Those look fantastic, steelersfanmx!

You do 'em in red, white and blue? :wink02:

NM

LOL... i think maybe u just want a Patriots logo in a tshirt...:flap:
i can do it...!:tt02:

Borski
01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
those are sweet

BOXCAR JOEY
01-31-2007, 08:52 PM
nicee. when can we all get one???

SteelersHoss
01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
get those to the presses. Very nice

HometownGal
01-31-2007, 10:32 PM

Very, VERY nice steelersfanmx!! I likey! :cheers:

steelersfanmx
02-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Another idea...
Sometimes symply and clean logos works better
due to its easy reproduction in virtually any material...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/tshirt_clean.jpg

Borski
02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
I like that one too, but it might have less of a copyright issue if you take the circle around the three hypocycloids out

steelersfanmx
02-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I like that one too, but it might have less of a copyright issue if you take the circle around the three hypocycloids out

I was wondering what are the legal issues behind, As far as i know if we recreated something, but changed it in some ways, then it would be considered our own. The question is: Is this legal?

I think it depends. But, for a logo to be "copied", we surely need permission from the owner. Otherwise we'll get in trouble using it especially for commercial purposes.

If we only use the circle an the hypocycloids for reference, but do not copy it 100%, that is fairly safe in my opinion. The hypocycloids is a trademark of the Steel Industry?

Some companies allow their logos to be used for any reason at all as long as it is not used by a competitor or it is not used as to degrade their reputation. But, we should check this with their official website. In most cases, a logo cannot be used without any permission granted.

We need help from someone who know better about this issues...

steelerbackr4life
02-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I like the clean version better

SteelersFever
02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Another idea for the Tshirts...
these could be made in silkprint
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/Picture1-1.jpg

That's one of the best designs we've received. Coming in July of this year we will be choosing a design and begin selling them. Please be patient for a couple more months. After that, you can represent SteelersFever.com all day and night, and we'll even have some cool contests to go with it. :smile:

steelersfanmx
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
COOL!!!
I'll be waiting.. thanks!...

Stillers43
02-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Shirts look sweet fanmix! The design is very creative!

Cebby
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM

That's a great original design! I'm in for a few!!

katk9
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I have to agree, I wouldn't be interested in wearing anything that Duce is on. The shot with the Bus running over Urlacher is a Show Stopper.

Cebby
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah, that Duce one was done last August before the season. I'll do a new one since we have until the summer.

Stlrs4Life
02-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Another idea...
Sometimes symply and clean logos works better
due to its easy reproduction in virtually any material...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/tshirt_clean.jpg

I like these ones.

BOXCAR JOEY
02-13-2007, 02:14 PM
these shirts would make for some good parking lot sales. i for one buyy a lot of custom made stuff in the lots, shirts and magnets and stuff to add to my collection of crazy steelers stuff.

HometownGal
02-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Question... will the shirts be given away for free since the design uses a knock off the Steelers logo and the "Steelers" name??? You can not profit off the use of the name because the NFL will have something to say about it and CAN come down on you pretty ahrd if they wanted too. Plus it doesn't matter if you use the profits to pay for the board costs.

I highly doubt that the shirts would be given away for free - there are costs involved in having the shirts made. I'm sure Mike will look into any copyright matters before undertaking this project.

memphissteelergirl
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm in for one! :wink02:

Stu Pidasso
02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, they COULD be given away for free.

"IF you buy this here Topps football card for $xx.xx, then we'll throw in a FREE SteelersFever T-Shirt!" :wink02:

I see it all the time on ebay for ticket sales and such.

Oh- and I'm ALL OVER that black T-shirt shown 3 posts up... :banana:

Studa
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I think the shirts are pretty cool.....

drew102e
02-26-2007, 09:35 PM
i like em as well

SteelersHoss
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
guess, those shirts are never coming

Crushzilla
07-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, Mike said July so if we are going to proceed we should know soon...

stillers4me
07-01-2007, 05:38 PM
I'd love to have one of those......I hope they are available ona ladies t-shirt, also.

Maybe they could be "free" with a donation. I know the NFL gets real touchy if you put Steelers on anything that they don't get a bite out of.

Tankus_Maximus
07-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Still no shirts???

Dayum.

SteelersHoss
07-07-2007, 08:06 AM
still no shirts, BIG SURPRISE

SteelersFever
07-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I started a contest at SitePoint.com for a t-shirt logo. I want to see if they can design something really outstanding. Follow the contest at http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/contest/2460 and keep posting your thoughts here to let me know which entry you like best.

section514
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/entryscreenshot.php?contestid=2460&entryid=143181

here is my latest design, it made it in paint by hand and will use photoshop to refine the picture if the concept is accepted.http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5697/fevereditedrp4.jpg

SteelersFever
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I left you a comment. I hope you can work some magic on that.

steelersfanmx
07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I was wondering if I can post here a couple of new ideas...:flap:
is not finished yet... but maybe tonight....:smile:

SteelersFever
07-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Hell yeah. Go for it. I actually like the design you did on page 7. Do you still have that font? Maybe we can add some artwork to it. If not, we might even just use something like that.

stillers4me
07-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Great efforts so far.....but I haven't seen anything yet that grabs me as THE one. I wish I had a program to design sigs 'nat. That would be fun to play around with.

steelersfanmx
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Hell yeah. Go for it. I actually like the design you did on page 7. Do you still have that font? Maybe we can add some artwork to it. If not, we might even just use something like that.

I got all the previous ideas I made...
I made this new ones last weekend... and Im still using the same font...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/SFtee_01.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/SFtee_02.jpg

HometownGal
07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Joel - they're both awesome, but I absolutely LOVE the second design with the Steeler waving the TT! :tt02::tt02: Thank you for working so hard on this and your excellent work! :cheers:

The Duke
07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
I got all the previous ideas I made...
I made this new ones last weekend... and Im still using the same font...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/SFtee_01.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/SFtee_02.jpg

Nice job as always

SteelersFever
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
This is going to be tougher than I thought. Keep letting me know your thoughts people!

section514
07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
that second one is sweet, i would be proud to have that chosen over mine, but i am still workin on mine so don't count me out just yet

SteelCityMan786
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM
This one is also a toughy in my opinion to SF.

stillers4me
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow.......love both of those!! (on a ladies style T, please!)

steelersfanmx
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow.......love both of those!! (on a ladies style T, please!)

The designs on ladies tee!:wink02:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/ladiestee.jpg

stillers4me
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
The designs on ladies tee!:wink02:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/ladiestee.jpg

Now you're talkin'!!! :tt02:

Big7BenHOF
07-17-2007, 01:51 AM
Yo! mx has a great design. Plenty of those would sell man. I'd probably buy one of each color dude. Heh.

HometownGal
07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Yo! mx has a great design. Plenty of those would sell man. I'd probably buy one of each color dude. Heh.

I second that! :thumbsup:

I love that design, Joel! Awesome on the ladies t-shirt! :cheers:

section514
07-17-2007, 09:42 AM
yeah I give up on designing I can't do any better than that second design, but I still think we should get our names printed on the back, so when we see each other at games or at a bar or something we will know who it is.

HometownGal
07-17-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah I give up on designing I can't do any better than that second design, but I still think we should get our names printed on the back, so when we see each other at games or at a bar or something we will know who it is.

Hey - your efforts are so appreciated and you have quite an artistic talent, sect514. :thumbsup:

I love your idea of having our monikers printed on the back of the shirts! :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2007, 09:49 PM
I definitely would love to have Joels latest design with the ability to get our screennames on the back. I'm terrible with names, so I need the help.

Sounds like a good idea on that one.

SteelersFever
07-18-2007, 12:32 PM
It would cost extra for names on the back. I don't know.

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
It would cost extra for names on the back. I don't know.

How much extra?

SteelersFever
07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Probably like $5 extra. I'm thinking if you want your name on the back of your t-shirt you can get that done yourself locally.

section514
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
if the logo can be made to be one or two colors instead of three that will cut down the cost, and that all depends on the color of the shirt, i like the black look, white will get dirty and i don't like the gold as much but i say black or gold shirts with two color logo and the back shouldn't be that much becuase its not screen printed names, they would be the iron press letters. we need to find a place to do it, spreadshirt is good with giving discounts on large orders.

SteelCityMan786
07-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Probably like $5 extra. I'm thinking if you want your name on the back of your t-shirt you can get that done yourself locally.

You should be able to do that in my hometown. A couple of shops in my town do that. My family used to own one. Now, it's out of business.

SteelersFever
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
So far I like these two best. Fantastic work Joel. I haven't really found a great design from SitePoint. I'm a little disappointed. Also, I personally like the white t-shirts. I think they are cleaner looking.

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/ts01.jpg

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/ts02.jpg

HometownGal
07-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Mike - I know the final decision is ultimately yours, but imho - the second design is too plain and a bit "boring". Joel's design has pizazz! :cheers:

SteelersFever
07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
They're both Joel's. :thumbsup: The more I look at the first one the more I like it. :sofunny:

section514
07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
i vote BLACK SHIRTS

steelersfanmx
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Hey guys!... let me think what can be done to optimize the cost for make those designs....
in theory, it could be done only with 2 colors, as 514 said.
I'll post some ideas this afternoon.... (Ive been really busy lately)...:computer:

section514
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
two colors will minimize the cost, screen printing will be easy with the front and the image should be converted to Vectors and by color i believe, we have to decide or well steelersfever has to decide where he wants to get them made. Does anyone have connections in the printing industry?

steelersfanmx
07-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I found this on internet, we must take this technical considerations:

Dark Color t-shirts or garments versus printing on White or Light Color Garments:

Like painting a house that is dark brown (black, red, navy, forest, etc.) using white,
or light color of paint, it may need two coats or an underbase. The same holds true for
screenprinting any LIGHTER color of inks on a DARKER color of garment.When printing
light color inks, especially white ink, on certain dye colors (red and orange are the worst)
there is a possibility of "dye migration" - the dye from the garment material can transfer
to the white ink and cause the ink to be discolored. We cannot guarantee the final results
of any order using a white ink on a darker color garment (substrate), especially on red.

When printing on dark colors of garments a separate screen of white underbase is highly
recommended. This underbase keeps the "top" (viewed) colors from "blending" with the dark
background (garment dye) which produces a muted image color (known as bleeding). If white
ink is not one of your design colors, then you need to ADD this white screen to the total colors
in your design - can increase you costs. Also the graphics for printing on dark colors are more
"bold" - without fine details since a heavy layer of light colored ink must be applied in order to
cover the dark substrate and prevent bleeding.

Photographs (black and white, or colored) are not useable for textile printing. Photos are
composed of fine dots which get lost in the screen mesh and in the course weave (woven, not
smooth like paper, vinyl or you monitor) of the garments. For the same reason avoid shades,
blends, and shadows in your artwork for screen printing on textiles. Anything composed of dots
should be avoided.

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 05:03 AM
OK GUYS... I GUESS WE ARE GOING TO GO WITH THIS ONE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE HAPPY WITH IT. I PREFER WHITE. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Joel, did you create a vector of that artwork? Preferably EPS. Also, can you add a period after 'Hardcore Fans'? Thank you!

stillers4me
07-24-2007, 05:41 AM
I like black. The gold picture on the black background just looks more "Steelerish". Nice job, Joel!

HometownGal
07-24-2007, 07:06 AM
I think that design is awesome!!! Especially on the ladies t!!! :thumbsup::wink02:

Again, great job Joel - can't wait to get my hands on one or two or three! :cheers:

fansince'76
07-24-2007, 09:07 AM
I like black. The gold picture on the black background just looks more "Steelerish". Nice job, Joel!

I agree on all counts. :cheers:

Jman
07-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I like the Black as well.

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you guys, is good to know you like the design.

Joel, did you create a vector of that artwork? Preferably EPS. Also, can you add a period after 'Hardcore Fans'? Thank you!

Actually is a vector file (Adobe Illustrator) and I can save it as EPS, PDF or another kind of file you like. OK I'll add the Period after HardCore fans... !

You tell me when I can send you the file!

katk9
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm on board for a black one. Nice Job!!!

The Duke
07-24-2007, 05:04 PM
There's no white in black and gold :wave:. Make it black :helmet:

jtyler1383
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Nice job man! I like the black, sign me up for a few.

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I don't know if it looks great on black because the graphic border is black. Maybe I can try to get a few of each color. I'm 95% sure we're going to be using this artwork.

Joel, that's great! If it's no trouble please send EPS and PDF to webmaster@steelersfever.com? If you can't do both a EPS will be good. Thank you!

Preacher
07-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Funny... I liked the straight Steelersfever one better...

However, They are both great.

Sign me up for one... depending on the cost, I make take one of each color.

Do we know what sizes we will go up too?

I personally prefer 3 X because I like my shirts to feel loose on me.

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know if it looks great on black because the graphic border is black. Maybe I can try to get a few of each color. I'm 95% sure we're going to be using this artwork.

Joel, that's great! If it's no trouble please send EPS and PDF to webmaster@steelersfever.com? If you can't do both a EPS will be good. Thank you!

maybe you don't notice the white outline in the black version because its a small preview..
but, actually it has a bold outline (wich is a kind of background for the black Tshirts)

heres a detail:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/white.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/steelersfanmx/black.jpg

Let me finish some details, and I'll send u the files :computer:

SteelCityMan786
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Nice Work Joel.

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah, you're right Joel.

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Let me do some more checking.

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Are you gonna print the tee's in Screen printing? or Stamps?

nojobny
07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
So far I like these two best. Fantastic work Joel. I haven't really found a great design from SitePoint. I'm a little disappointed. Also, I personally like the white t-shirts. I think they are cleaner looking.

Sorry I"m a little late to the party but I thought I'd throw in my two cents

1. most of my steeler T's are white or grey b/c I find the black too warm for a T-shirt. (It's fine during the colder months b/c usually it's a sweatshirt)
2. I like the first design but when i first saw it, I wasn't quite sure what he was doing with his hands. I think I'm used to seeing just one hand up waving a TT

All in all I think the designs are great and thank you for all the hard work

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Are you gonna print the tee's in Screen printing? or Stamps?

They are going to be screen printed. :smile:

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
OK, I need to "separate" colors in the file as SPOT COLORS.
(white as base, yellow for midtones and black for shadows and details).
When is print in black T shirts.

In White T-shirt, u can only use Yellow, and Black.:computer:

SteelersFever
07-24-2007, 10:58 PM
I like the terrible towel graphic on white best. I think if we were to do black t-shirts we should use the simple URL across the chest. I don't know! :dang:

http://www.steelersfever.com/images/ts02.jpg

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Don't worry, I can send you both graphics...!:wink02:
Then you can make some proofs...!

tony hipchest
07-24-2007, 11:16 PM
I like the terrible towel graphic on white best. I think if we were to do black t-shirts we should use the simple URL across the chest. I don't know! :dang:

]the top 2 w/ the terrible towel are the way to go. as soon as you see them you know they are a steelers shirt. they show the "fever".

the bottom 2 could be a vitamin company at 1st sight. you have to read them, and then guess what steeler sfever may be. i wouldnt go with the simple url logo.

like they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words...

steelersfanmx
07-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Ok!.. Done!... sending the files now!!:tt02:

SteelersFever
07-25-2007, 01:29 AM
I sent you an e-mail Joel. :smile:

SteelersFever
07-25-2007, 01:32 AM
the top 2 w/ the terrible towel are the way to go. as soon as you see them you know they are a steelers shirt. they show the "fever".

the bottom 2 could be a vitamin company at 1st sight. you have to read them, and then guess what steeler sfever may be. i wouldnt go with the simple url logo.

You're right. We definitely don't want to compete with Centrum! :toofunny::sofunny:

klick81
07-25-2007, 02:25 AM
the top 2 w/ the terrible towel are the way to go. as soon as you see them you know they are a steelers shirt. they show the "fever".

I agree! The top two look great.

Preacher
07-25-2007, 02:34 AM
I think the Black would look GREAT with just the SF URL across the chest. It is simple and plain... perfect.

The white could have the other, I think the yellow pops better on the white for some reason.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-25-2007, 03:43 AM
hmmmmm.....just a thought...how about the URL over the left breast....then the pic w/terrible towel on the back?
I think that it would look great in blk with that setup.

HometownGal
07-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Have to agree with you there, Tony. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? :wink02:

SteelCityMan786
07-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Have to agree with you there, Tony. Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? :wink02:

It sure looks like he did.

Preacher
07-25-2007, 04:46 PM
hmmmmm.....just a thought...how about the URL over the left breast....then the pic w/terrible towel on the back?

It'll raise the price a bit I think... But that would REALLY look good!!

nojobny
07-25-2007, 10:33 PM

That would be really cool. I love shirts designed like that.

BettisFan
08-06-2007, 05:40 PM
nice shirts

C-BusSteeler
08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
very nice... i like the top ones a lot

Preacher
08-13-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm itching for a T-shirt!!

Any news on this?

eyenod
08-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Hey what happened with the contest through sitepoint.com www(dot)sitepoint(dot)com/marketplace/contest/2460
That design of the face just rocks! we should get it!

eyenod
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
We could have alternate shirts, the one in yellow with the terrible towel and the black with the face. Maybe we can get the terrible towel guy to play around with the face design

verks36
08-22-2007, 05:02 PM
We could have alternate shirts, the one in yellow with the terrible towel and the black with the face. Maybe we can get the terrible towel guy to play around with the face design

I like the terrible towel idea that is pretty sweet

fyi- if we get shirts i will buy 3

SteelersFever
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Coming soon. Waiting for samples to arrive!

Preacher
08-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Coming soon. Waiting for samples to arrive!

Hey Hey hey!!!!

Sign me up for a couple 3X's!!!

HometownGal
08-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Hurry! Hurry! Get your Steelers Fever t-shirts! :cheers::tt02::banana:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19056

djmanjt
01-01-2009, 08:24 PM
lost in threadland help need info on shirts

HometownGal
01-02-2009, 08:11 AM
lost in threadland help need info on shirts

What info do you need djmanjt? I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.

TeeJay
01-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Actually, I could do with some info as well.:doh:

Cost + Pand P to the UK for an L would be cool. :hatsoff:

I think someone sent me a message with the details a while back, but the message was empty (Normally I'd assume that meant they were free :wink02:, but somehow I didn't think so!)

HometownGal
01-03-2009, 07:00 AM
As far as shipping and handling costs go, you would need to PM our Administrator directly, as he handles all of that. Sorry - wish I could be of more help. :hug:

SteelersMongol
01-04-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm still waiting on my t-shirts. And no news from the MOD. :noidea: It's been over a month now.