PDA

View Full Version : Ravens sign C Gurode

BossAus
09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Ravens thinking they can solve all their problems via free agency to beat the Steelers.

Need4Sweed
09-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Damn much like the Patriots and Eagles the Ravens have had their fair share of signings. They are going all out in an attempt to make a SB run.

CTFan
09-04-2011, 05:24 PM
They also have 11 rookies on their 53-man roster. Ozzie really cleaned house and also had what appears to be a very good draft, with every draftee making the team.

The Ravens FA signings look like they were calculated and Ozzie didn't overpay on any of them. Should be a good race as usual between our two teams.

As for Gurode (jer-ODD), I heve a feeling Birk is not as healthy as was hoped.

tanda10506
09-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Damn much like the Patriots and Eagles the Ravens have had their fair share of signings. They are going all out in an attempt to make a SB run.

The Ravens have lost more this year then they have gained. Out of the last few years, I'd say they look worse on paper this year then they have before the start of any others.

DanRooney
09-04-2011, 05:37 PM
The Ravens have lost more this year then they have gained. Out of the last few years, I'd say they look worse on paper this year then they have before the start of any others.

Josh Wilson and Heap were the only notable guys they lost. Gurode is an upgrade over Birk. Evans is an upgrade over Mason since they already have a possession receiver in Boldin. Plus they moved Oher back to RT. He obviously couldn't handle the other side.

tanda10506
09-04-2011, 05:45 PM
They lost McGahee too, I guess that's not a huge loss though. I don't think Evans is better then Mason, but we will see. I think Heap was a huge loss for them.

Buddha Bus
09-04-2011, 05:49 PM
They lost McGahee too, I guess that's not a huge loss though. I don't think Evans is better then Mason, but we will see. I think Heap was a huge loss for them.

But they picked up Ricky Williams. Trade off with losing McGahee IMHO.

I think Evans is better than Mason, at least now. Plus he gives them a stretch-the-field guy that they sorely needed. Boldin and Mason were the same possession type receiver. They needed the deep threat and got it.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
But they picked up Ricky Williams. Trade off with losing McGahee IMHO.

I think Evans is better than Mason, at least now. Plus he gives them a stretch-the-field guy that they sorely needed. Boldin and Mason were the same possession type receiver. They needed the deep threat and got it.

In Buffalo Evans was fading - last 3 years, he went from 63 to 44 to 37 receptions. And it wasn't the QB, cause Steve Johnson turned it on with Fitz. Mason is statistically like Ward, good for 80 receptions/yr... Of course, Evans IS a deep threat, but I think he's aging quickly. I don't seem him having a huge impact - Boldin sure dropped off when he went to B-More.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Ricky Williams looked like he was running in mud this preseason, and I'm doubting that McKinnie will revive his career for the Ravens. Gurode was top-notch 2 years ago, but - like McKinnie - I think his time has passed.

The Ravens picked up Birk as he was fading - he was a Pro-Bowl caliber C at Minny, but his knees are dying. Ozzie is trying to plug holes with senior citizens and yesterday's news, instead of growing the talent...

ricardisimo
09-05-2011, 04:06 AM
They look worse because Flacchole looks worse. If he can somehow turn it around they'll be competitive, but I kind of doubt it. I think he's regressing.