PDA

View Full Version : Ike Will Play Week 1

pete74
09-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Ike Taylor and Mike Tomlin confirmed today at practice that Taylor will play versus the Baltimore Ravens when the Steelers open up the season this Sunday. Taylor has been out since the first week of the preseason when he broke his thumb versus the Washington Redskins. Taylor has been in a cast since that time.

Taylor has been able to practice since the incident just with minimal contact as not to injure himself anymore. Taylor will have the pin removed on Tuesday. He will go through the rest of his rehab this week and will play on Sunday.

The Steelers defense has looked solid but not spectacular without Taylor. We have been able to cover but not shut down anyone as was seen with Roddy White when we played the Falcons. Taylor will be out there to shut down one side of the field versus Baltimore. He was missed when he was gone but it was better to keep him safe and healthy. He is needed more now then he could have ever been in the preseason.

Taylor being out gave guys some playing time. The young guys got the work they needed to improve for the season. They got some great experience and it will help the team during the regular season. Taylorís injury may have been a blessing in disguise.

That is since he will be ready for Week 1.

ggoldman
09-05-2011, 10:55 PM
What if Ike could actually catch while he has the cast on?

DanRooney
09-05-2011, 11:08 PM
What if Ike could actually catch while he has the cast on?

That would be something :chuckle:

solardave
09-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Can't catch without one. Maybe the opposite is true. Now that would be funny. Brake it again IKE. Just kiddin'.

Pentheon
09-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I figured he would play and thank God he is. It would be funny if he actually catches an interception with the cast on, if he does he might as well wear it the whole season for good luck :flap:

ETL
09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Cast or not, ike can't catch so his performance will nott go down

Wallabeast17
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Ike won't catch any. But that cast becomes a mallet to knock balls away from the reciever...:thumbsup:

steelfury02
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I'd love to see Ike intercept one - when was the last time? Super Bowl XL?

effyou515
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Taylor wouldn't miss game

Steelersfan87
09-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Interestingly, I can't recall Ike dropping any INTs last year, though I could be wrong. He also had a pick six taken away against the Raiders because of a bad roughing the passer call on Harrison.