PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Sportswriter Talks Trash About Ben

Atlanta Dan
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
The Ravens obsession and trash talking about the Steelers apparently extends to the sportswriters in Baltimore:chuckle:

Where is the Drama Queen?

We're one day into the first week of the regular season, which means the Ravens-Steelers game will soon be upon us.

So far, though, there haven't been any questions about the status of Ben Roethlisberger. Before each game, we're always wondering if Roethlisberger will play. If it ain't his arm, it's his knee. If it ain't his knee, it's his ankle. It it ain't his ankle, it's a fingernail. So far, though, it appears Big Ben might make it to the game without any suspense.

If he does, it will be unusual. There can't be a Ravens-Steelers game without injury drama surrounding Roethlisberger. I admit I like watching him play, and he has been a Ravens killer. But it's good when his health is a non issue going into the game.

Remember though, there still are six days remaining.

Posted by Mike Preston

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/09/where_is_the_drama_queen_1.html

Unbelievable homerism - can you imagine Bouchette or Dulac of the P-G writing this about Flacco, Lewis, or Reed?

Of course Preston would trade Flacco for Roethlisberger straight up in a heartbeat

Moose
09-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I just love how the people in 'ratbird' land are always sooooo concerned and worried about what the Steeler players are doing ! LMAO

Buddha Bus
09-05-2011, 01:18 PM
That's kind of strange coming from Mike Preston. He's usually super critical of his own team to the point of p!ssing off all of the Ratbird fans in Baltimore. He's usually public enemy #1 around there during football season.

I guess he's trying a different ass-kissing approach this year. Death threats maybe? :hunch: :chuckle:

P.S.- I thought this was going to be a Tim Lumber sighting! :sofunny:

MACH1
09-05-2011, 01:30 PM
He beat them with a twisted broken nose, how'd that work out for them.

theplatypus
09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Didnt Tomlin call Ben a drama queen a few years back?

effyou515
09-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Ben and the Talented Steelers WRs are going to light up the Ravens Secondary like a pinball machine.

ETL
09-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Mike Preston is a big fat piece of shite. He's just another mentally retarded gangbanger just like the loser-ass team that he covers.

stb_steeler
09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
If their worried about what injuries Ben will have, imagine what he can do when he's 100%

tanda10506
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Lol the Ravens and their fans are obsessed with us. I will be honest, I keep track of the ravens, it's kind of a "know thy enemy" type of deal. But these guys in Baltimore think it's a two team league, which must really burn them knowing that in a two team league they are number two. I kind of can't blame them, Ben burns them every time he plays them. The last playoff loss was extremely hard for them and it may have demoralized them to the point where they can't quite compete with us, they thought it was there game. And the time before that Ben had a broken nose and a broken bone in his foot and still beat them, I can't imagine how irritating that must be.

StainlessStill
09-05-2011, 03:33 PM
If their worried about what injuries Ben will have, imagine what he can do when he's 100%

Exactly. Fact of the matter is, is that Roethlisberger gets the SHIT kicked out of him every week of every game and still trash's teams. There may be injuries we hear from Roethlisberger, but he comes in, starts, and beats teams with his foot broken and his nose yanked off his face.

When he shrugged off Suggs last year and got rid of the ball on 2nd and goal was the most amazing play I've ever seen.

solardave
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
He beat them with a twisted broken nose, how'd that work out for them.

Yeah,more drama,it's just proof that Ben is soft.HAHAHAHA!!!!
Glad to see the Rats have nothing better to do than worry about Ben. WE OWN THEM.
They can beat us both games during the season but they better hope they don't meet us in the playoffs cause they'll get their asses kicked.

solardave
09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Mike Preston is a big fat piece of shite. He's just another mentally retarded gangbanger just like the loser-ass team that he covers.

HEY. Don't mince words man, say what you really feel.:sofunny:

Fire Arians
09-05-2011, 05:38 PM
they mad? yeah they mad

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfpplMfe41qivykto1_400.jpg

steelfury02
09-05-2011, 06:57 PM
less than 6 days until Ravens fans eat some more humble pie. I'm sure something will happen where they "handed us the game." I wish we would blow them out on their turf so they can finally learn their rightful place. They are smoking something if they think they improved. They actually look worse from what I've seen.

I'm predicting 28-17 and the score will actually make it seem closer than what it will really be.

mizzouristeeler
09-05-2011, 08:56 PM
less than 6 days until Ravens fans eat some more humble pie. I'm sure something will happen where they "handed us the game." I wish we would blow them out on their turf so they can finally learn their rightful place. They are smoking something if they think they improved. They actually look worse from what I've seen.

I'm predicting 28-17 and the score will actually make it seem closer than what it will really be.

God wont let them win sunday

effyou515
09-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Ravens just copy the Steelers,

Browns move to Baltmore Steelers already have a great run defense and run offense Ozzie Newsome their Personel Manager builds the team with a very good run defense and run offense. Steelers draft Big Ben then the Ravens draft a big strong QB. Steelers draft fast WRs ravens get a fast free agent WR.

tanda10506
09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
The only reason I'm kind of nervous about this game is because it's the first game. Weird stuff happens on opening day. I think we will beat them though, we were a better team then them last year and we have gotten better (same defense, and what should be a more explosive offense), they have gotten worse. I know it's just the first game of the season, but it's pretty important. Lately it's been a close run for the division, if this year is like any of the other's, we need this game. I know it sounds ridiculous saying that game 1, but we do. I think if we beat them twice we win the division, I know we will beat them the 2nd game in Pittsburgh, if we can get this first game we'll be in pretty good shape.

ETL
09-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I just hope we don't lose anyone for the season with an injury.

tony hipchest
09-05-2011, 09:55 PM
steelers are 8-0 in its last 8 opening games.

baltimorons dont even wanna mention that, let alone put it in print.

they also fail to acknowledge that their team would be crying to the NFL like little girls if they scheduled the season opener in pittsburgh.

yet they wanna talk about drama queens :jerkit:

ETL
09-05-2011, 10:01 PM

they also fail to acknowledge that their team would be crying to the NFL like little girls if they scheduled the season opener in pittsburgh.

Actually, I think they did not want prime time games in Heinz Field - because I guess our team really got energized about being seen by all the other NFL players and would hit the shite out of the Ravens players.

I can't believe those Baltipussies actually asked the NFL to not play against the Steelers in prime time at Heinz.

stb_steeler
09-05-2011, 10:50 PM

Shhhhhhhh......You'll get bobbyjr hyped up again.

ucsteve667
09-05-2011, 11:11 PM
They can cheap shot ben all they want, on and off the field. The record speaks for itself

sharkweek
09-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I remember Ben playing through a broken nose that was actually broken in a certain game against a certain team...hmmm

steelfury02
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Very familiar with greater Baltimore area and I can tell you that without trying to generalize about Baltimore people as a whole - I know a lot of them that are pretty miserable people. They can trash talk Steelers/Pittsburgh as much as they want but a lot of them are pretty nasty/back stabbing people in general (I know from experience) I would be too if I had to be squeezed into a community of people that basically don't know each other - it is a transient community with no respect for their fellow neighbor - let alone for a group of people from a different area. It is no coincidence that Ravens lack their own identity - Baltimore is made up of people that are from other areas and therefore don't trust each other and envy those that have a sense of community

Bunch of worker bees - sorry if I generalized - very typical Bmore personality from this writer. Just imagine squeezing PA's population in 1/4 the size - that is Maryland, having zero privacy because you are packed into a place with people you dont know and paying 2-3 times as much for everything when wages haven't been raised in about 3-4 years

steelfury02
09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I'll retract some of my statements - sorry - but for those of you who have grown up in Western PA/Pittsburgh - imagine trying to say hello to someone and them not saying hello back or looking at you like you had three heads because you tried to make small talk or get to know them.

Imagine growing up without knowing a good bit of the people in your town - no sense of community sorry Bmore - you might be larger or more "modern" but that can't buy class.

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
That's kind of strange coming from Mike Preston. He's usually super critical of his own team to the point of p!ssing off all of the Ratbird fans in Baltimore. He's usually public enemy #1 around there during football season.

I guess he's trying a different ass-kissing approach this year. Death threats maybe? :hunch: :chuckle:

Who knows:noidea: - but Preston definitely is upbeat on the 2011 Ravens

Ravens should be better this season

If as a fan, you're starting to feel good about the Ravens, you should....

After last season, including the playoff loss to Pittsburgh, I thought the Ravens had the best team in the NFL. The Steelers didn't beat them; the Ravens beat themselves.:sofunny:

This season, they are a better team, at least on paper. If they can hold their own at the beginning of the season, they'll prove it at the end.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0906-20110905,0,6382238.column

Same old same old about the Ravens never getting beat by the Steelers but always beating themselves

What is new is Preston saying the Ravens were the best team in the NFL (as a wild card that beat the mighty Chiefs in the playoffs while New England went 14-2) last season

If the Ravens were the best team in the NFL last year and are going to be better this year i guess they are going to be comparable to the 85 Bears or 70s Steelers

What a homer

Buddha Bus
09-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Who knows:noidea: - but Preston definitely is upbeat on the 2011 Ravens

Ravens should be better this season

If as a fan, you're starting to feel good about the Ravens, you should....

After last season, including the playoff loss to Pittsburgh, I thought the Ravens had the best team in the NFL. The Steelers didn't beat them; the Ravens beat themselves.:sofunny:

This season, they are a better team, at least on paper. If they can hold their own at the beginning of the season, they'll prove it at the end.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0906-20110905,0,6382238.column

Same old same old about the Ravens never getting beat by the Steelers but always beating themselves

What is new is Preston saying the Ravens were the best team in the NFL (as a wild card that beat the mighty Chiefs in the playoffs while New England went 14-2) last season

If the Ravens were the best team in the NFL last year and are going to be better this year i guess they are going to be comparable to the 85 Bears or 70s Steelers

What a homer

Oh, the Ravens beat themselves alright.... just not in the way that Preston is implying. :chuckle:

A Ravens cult must have whisked him off to football concentration camp, pumped him full of the purple Kool-Aid, and forced him to watch whiny press conference after whiny press conference from John Harbaugh "A Clockwork Orange" style this offseason. It's the only explanation. :noidea:

bobby jr
09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Exactly. Fact of the matter is, is that Roethlisberger gets the SHIT kicked out of him every week of every game and still trash's teams. There may be injuries we hear from Roethlisberger, but he comes in, starts, and beats teams with his foot broken and his nose yanked off his face.

When he shrugged off Suggs last year and got rid of the ball on 2nd and goal was the most amazing play I've ever seen.

You and Collingsworth both thought Ben heaving the ball out of bounds with two hands was such a great play. I didn't.

Suggs didn't have a full grasp on Ben and also Suggs was trying to knock the ball loose instead of just taking him down as he should have done.

I expect a similar play will happen again, Suggs will have Ben in his sights and this time the result will be different.

Now something else about Ben. Remember how Tiger Woods used to awe the competition into submission? If he had the lead on the last day of an Major, well it was all over. Until one Sunday, he blew a two shot lead and lost a Major. After that he didn't seem quite so invincible.

Same thing with Ben. Look he had the chance for another Steelers Super Bowl ring right in his hands. Two minutes to go, 6 points down against the Packers. If he had stepped up and driven the ball for a winning TD, he would have gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB's in history.

Instead we have the memory of him walking off of the field as the Packers celebrated, yelling at the referees that they had missed a pass interference, when the replays showed there was none. The whole season came down to those two minutes. And while Ben had succeeded before in bringing the trophy to Pittsburgh with a dramatic TD in the Super Bowl, he failed this time.

That failure by Ben when the championship was on the line, has got to affect him and his teammates emotionally coming into the season. And give the Ravens confidence.

And it has got to make other teams like the Ravens believe they can beat him, that if they have the lead that Ben will not pull some magic two minute drill out of the hat again. Because he didn't against the Packers.

Sixburgher
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
The ignorant jackass troll is back. Yay.

ETL
09-06-2011, 09:16 PM
You and Collingsworth both thought Ben heaving the ball out of bounds with two hands was such a great play. I didn't.

Suggs didn't have a full grasp on Ben and also Suggs was trying to knock the ball loose instead of just taking him down as he should have done.

I expect a similar play will happen again, Suggs will have Ben in his sights and this time the result will be different.

Now something else about Ben. Remember how Tiger Woods used to awe the competition into submission? If he had the lead on the last day of an Major, well it was all over. Until one Sunday, he blew a two shot lead and lost a Major. After that he didn't seem quite so invincible.

Same thing with Ben. Look he had the chance for another Steelers Super Bowl ring right in his hands. Two minutes to go, 6 points down against the Packers. If he had stepped up and driven the ball for a winning TD, he would have gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB's in history.

Instead we have the memory of him walking off of the field as the Packers celebrated, yelling at the referees that they had missed a pass interference, when the replays showed there was none. The whole season came down to those two minutes. And while Ben had succeeded before in bringing the trophy to Pittsburgh with a dramatic TD in the Super Bowl, he failed this time.

That failure by Ben when the championship was on the line, has got to affect him and his teammates emotionally coming into the season. And give the Ravens confidence.

And it has got to make other teams like the Ravens believe they can beat him, that if they have the lead that Ben will not pull some magic two minute drill out of the hat again. Because he didn't against the Packers.

Oh yea, I forgot how Manning and Brady - 2 QBs that also "failed" according to you in the SB - I forgot how they have sucked so badly since those losses. Defensive coordinators never game plan around those guys. Why in my fantasy league, both Brady and Manning went UNDRAFTED specificially because of what Bobby Jr pointed out - how other teams do not fear them anymore.

(such a loser argument from a loser fan following a loser team)

Rek
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Talk is cheap. Just trying to stir the pot and build pre-game drama.

Next.

tony hipchest
09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
according to casey hampton, their douchebag players talk much crap as well-

"They talk a whole lot," Hampton said. "They don't like us. I think they don't like us a lot more than we don't like them. I think they have to talk themselves into it, kind of, know what I mean? Since I've been here, we've beat them a lot more than they beat us. They have to talk about it a whole lot."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11249/1172424-66.stm#ixzz1XEbp2kgQ

sharkweek
09-06-2011, 11:17 PM
QQ ravens, QQ

ricardisimo
09-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Oh yea, I forgot how Manning and Brady - 2 QBs that also "failed" according to you in the SB - I forgot how they have sucked so badly since those losses. Defensive coordinators never game plan around those guys. Why in my fantasy league, both Brady and Manning went UNDRAFTED specificially because of what Bobby Jr pointed out - how other teams do not fear them anymore.

(such a loser argument from a loser fan following a loser team)
And he's explained, in roundabout fashion, the awe that defenses have for Joe Flacco around the league. They're petrified. All they can do is damage control. Just cross their fingers and hope for the best.

Oh, and also...
RTYQtkxv1iQ

DanRooney
09-07-2011, 02:50 AM
The Ravens usually are the ones running their mouths. The only reason they didn't this offseason is because they probably realize their trash talk is looking pretty pathetic when they can't beat Pittsburgh when we have our starting quarterback. Their divisional loss in the playoffs was downright embarrassing after we pretty much handed them the game on a silver platter.

pancake
09-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Only thing worse than being a raven, is a raven fan. Lol

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2011, 07:18 AM
That failure by Ben when the championship was on the line, has got to affect him and his teammates emotionally coming into the season. And give the Ravens confidence. .

The Packers beating the Steelers has to give great confidence to a Ravens team that coughed up a home game lead to the Steelers last December because Flacco could not protect the ball with less than 5 minutes left and then gagged up a 21-7 second half lead in the playoffs for reasons including Flacco fumbling a snap from center, Flacco throwing a wounded duck of an interception, and their defnse giving up a 58 yard bomb by (guess who?) Roethlisberger on 3rd and 21 with 2 minutes left - pride and poise exemplified.

Welcome back :sofunny:

Rick5895
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Well my friend, you are an expert on FAILURE since you are a fan of the Ratbirds. Every time Flacco plays the Steelers with Ben ===== FAIL. And Fail it will be again, now go back to your own team boards cry on the shoulders of the other ignoramuses like yourself and leave us to discussing a REAL football team.
You are dismissed!!

:tt04:

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 12:07 PM
The Packers beating the Steelers has to give great confidence to a Ravens team that coughed up a home game lead to the Steelers last December because Flacco could not protect the ball with less than 5 minutes left and then gagged up a 21-7 second half lead in the playoffs for reasons including Flacco fumbling a snap from center, Flacco throwing a wounded duck of an interception, and their defnse giving up a 58 yard bomb by (guess who?) Roethlisberger on 3rd and 21 with 2 minutes left - pride and poise exemplified.

Welcome back :sofunny:

Nice try but Flacco would have certainly done something against a badly depleted Green Bay secondary with the Super Bowl on the line and two minutes to go. If he didn't lead the Ravens to a game winning TD (as he did against the Steelers in the first game last year) he would have at least gotten close and had some shots and the end zone.

I dont know if it was Ben's off the field problems or what but he didn't look like himself in that Super Bowl and the game could have been a lot worse than the final score.

I think he is a QB on the way down and Flacco is on the way up. Flacco was actually ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last regular season game last year as I recall.

The Ravens dominated the Steelers in the first half of the playoff game at Heinz until fatigue caught up and the Steelers Bye advantage was a big factor in that game. The Steelers were somewhat lucky to get that bye (dropped TD pass in end zone by Buffalo in overtime gave the Steelers an extra win)

theplatypus
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
bobbyjr delusional as always

tanda10506
09-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Nice try but Flacco would have certainly done something against a badly depleted Green Bay secondary with the Super Bowl on the line and two minutes to go. If he didn't lead the Ravens to a game winning TD (as he did against the Steelers in the first game last year) he would have at least gotten close and had some shots and the end zone.

I dont know if it was Ben's off the field problems or what but he didn't look like himself in that Super Bowl and the game could have been a lot worse than the final score.

I think he is a QB on the way down and Flacco is on the way up. Flacco was actually ahead of Ben in QB ratings going into the last regular season game last year as I recall.

The Ravens dominated the Steelers in the first half of the playoff game at Heinz until fatigue caught up and the Steelers Bye advantage was a big factor in that game. The Steelers were somewhat lucky to get that bye (dropped TD pass in end zone by Buffalo in overtime gave the Steelers an extra win)

Being a ravens fan is one thing, but do you actually watch football, or any of the steelers/ravens games? It's completely obvious that Ben is a better QB, Flacco is good but he is not even anywhere near the class that Ben is in. Mere simpletons can see that. When Ben plays we beat the ravens every time, isnt flacco on thr otherside of the ball losing those games? You talk about what flacco would have done in the super bowl, first off he wouldnt have done anything, second he doesnt even know how to get to the super bowl, cant win a game your not playing in. Also, ben has already won a super bowl twice, he isnt going to go into a slump cause he lost one, a lot of the greats have lost super bowls. You guys are always so sour, claiming how you always are beating us and then giving the game away or some other stupid excuse, but the bottom line is you always loose, especially to ben. Everything you said was irrelevant to the actual facts.

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM

Like when Flacco gave up the pick six to Polamalu in the AFC champuionship game when he was down 16-14, or like Flacco did (not) when he got the ball back with over 2 minutes to go after he coughed up the ball in Baltimore in December, or like Flacco did (not) after the Steelers took the lead with around 2 minutes left at Heinz in the playoffs last January?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not to their own facts

Keep on believing :sofunny:

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Flacco has never done anything really significant in the playoffs. You need to quit bringing up one of the very few times he's beaten the Steelers (w/o Ben) as an example of how he would have done in the Superbowl. That's just sad and embarrassing for you.

Not surprisingly, you recall incorrectly. Ben was in 5th at the end of the season...Flacco was in 7th, just below Josh Freeman. And don't reply with "but, but, but, I said going into the last game!"....he was still behind Ben. Flacco is a decent QB, and may very well pass Ben up in the standings someday. Good thing for the Steelers, standings and passer ratings don't win you Superbowls. Teamwork does. :thumbsup:

Keep whining about the bye week...because obviously, the Steelers have NEVER been able to beat the Ravens without it. :doh:

What's your excuse for the Steelers beating them in the '09 playoffs?

P.S. If the Ravens were the kind of dominating team that you make them out to be, you wouldn't need to come up with every excuse in the book when they lose. Just sayin'.

jjpro11
09-08-2011, 07:18 AM
when are you guys going to start ignoring bobby jr and his BS? he's so thick headed that it's not worth reading anything he says. you're all seriously just wasting your time because he has purple glasses glued on his face.

as for the QBs, I'll take a half broken Ben over a healthy Flacco any day.

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 07:29 AM
when are you guys going to start ignoring bobby jr and his BS? he's so thick headed that it's not worth reading anything he says. you're all seriously just wasting your time because he has purple glasses glued on his face.

as for the QBs, I'll take a half broken Ben over a healthy Flacco any day.

I respond simply because I have time to waste lol....and I like a good comedy. :chuckle: