PDA

View Full Version : Reed cut again

NoFieldFive
09-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Seahawks released Reed today. talk was his lack of distance on kick offs. even with the added 5 yards he still wasn't putting it deep enough. I live in Seattle and many folks here did not want an ex Steeler on their team. he did hit at least one 50 yard plus field goal in pre season. They picked up someone from Denver.

ETL
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
On a side note, just saw that John Gilmore TE was picked up by New Orleans.

Fire Arians
09-05-2011, 05:25 PM
jeff reed sucks and needs a haircut

55BaileyFan
09-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Reed was money for us for years...and now he sucks...I don't think so. If I needed one 50 yard kick to win in Pittsburgh, I would still take Reed over Suisham any damn day.

Fire Arians
09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Reed was money for us for years...and now he sucks...I don't think so. If I needed one 50 yard kick to win in Pittsburgh, I would still take Reed over Suisham any damn day.

yes NOW he sucks. keyword is WAS money for us

Atlanta Dan
09-05-2011, 06:26 PM

When kickers lose it they lose it - past results are no guarantee of future performance

Vanderjagt was money for the Colts for years and completely fell apart after shanking the playoff game FG against the Steelers

Reed started to slip when he missed 2 FGs in the week two Chicago loss in 2009 and had fallen apart completely when he was cut after the New England loss - because he also was a jacka** he had no goodwill in the bank once he lost it and was gone

ricardisimo
09-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Gary Anderson was money for us. Would you pick him over Suisham? I suspect the drinking has started affecting Reed's brain and his performance. He needs to get into a program or something if he's going to salvage his career.

LVSteelersfan
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Reed was nowhere near money when he was cut. He always sucked at kickoffs so it is no big surprise he still can't hit the end zone with a 5 yard cushion. If you can't do that this year you are no longer in the league. He will be playing in the indoor game if anywhere.

DanRooney
09-06-2011, 06:16 PM
On the Steelers team=best player ever
Cut by Steelers=sucks

: P

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2011, 06:58 PM
On the Steelers team=best player ever
Cut by Steelers=sucks

: P

So your point is players the Steelers cut actually are better than players the Steelers retain?

Or are you contending Reed's performance had not slipped significantly?

Or are you just trashing other posts because we all are supposed to know nobody knows anything as well as you do?

Thanks for another insightful post

harrison'samonster
09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
I always liked Reed, but I agree he had lost it, and on kick-offs he never really had it. He was a big hero in one of my favorite games-- when the Steelers beat the Dolphins on a very wet and torn up Heinz Field at the end of overtime with a score of 3-0 ( I think that was a Monday Night game).