PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Ravens Final Score

sax
09-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Ravens Home.............................................. .......................+ Ravens
Steelers at full force (all first team playing)...................+ Steelers
Wild card Brown............................................. ....................+ Steelers
Both teams HATE each other.......................................... Even
Both teams top defense........................................... ........ Even (little edge Steelers)
Big Ben's ability to extend the play..................................+ Steelers
I think Steelers will get more turnovers.........................+ Steelers

Seems to be a tight game most of the time!!!!

Steelers 27 Ravens 24

later,
sax

Stu Pidasso
09-06-2011, 09:38 AM
27-24 is WAY too high for these teams. They usually average 13-10 or around there.

I say 16-13 Steelers

CTFan
09-06-2011, 09:57 AM
21-17 Ravens

BIGNASTY91
09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Big Ben is gonna light up there secondary and for the first time i awhile we will blow em out STEELERS 31-17!!!!!!!! :drink: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

steelfury02
09-06-2011, 10:20 AM
28-17 - and that will only be because we play prevent for last 1 1/2 quarters

Steelers>NFL
09-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Steelers - 23
Ratbirds - 17

Fire Arians
09-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I think the ravens this year won't be as good as last year. ed reed isn't getting any younger, they can't cover our receivers, and ben has looked better than ever. we will win by 2 scores

Third Rail
09-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I hate the Ratbirds more than any other team in the NFL, so as always, I say the hell with conservative estimates.

Steelers 42
Ravens 3

wera176
09-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I hate the Ratbirds more than any other team in the NFL, so as always, I say the hell with conservative estimates.

Steelers 42
Ravens 3

:tt04:

I'd be crying tears of joy if that happened!

StillerzFreak
09-06-2011, 12:32 PM
27-17 Good Guys

:tt03:

CTFan
09-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I see your forum is no different than any other. Ask for predicitions and the local team is always picked to win. :)

BIGNASTY91
09-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Thats why we pull for them. You have got to have confidence. With that said if im worried about a game i will admitt it. I am not at all worried about the ratbirds as i have been in the past. I think we are a better team for this go round! BLEED BLACK AND GOLD!!!! Aways support you team :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

StainlessStill
09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
I think this game is going to surprise people. I believe we are going to see more of the 4 wideout sets and the Steelers offense spread that Ravens secondary and vice versa. I don't think this is going to be the trench match we're so use to seeing. I believe it all boils down to both offense's. We're lucky we have a more equipped one ready to breakout while Baltimore will still have struggle finding their identity.

It'll be close early, but I'm confident Ben will get into rhythm and score some points, forcing Flacco into his usual implosion situation. It won't hurt for our offense to finally give our defense some breathing room. We're capable of that this season, which is SCARY.

24-10 Stillers.

BIGNASTY91
09-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I think this game is going to surprise people. I believe we are going to see more of the 4 wideout sets and the Steelers offense spread that Ravens secondary and vice versa. I don't think this is going to be the trench match we're so use to seeing. I believe it all boils down to both offense's. We're lucky we have a more equipped one ready to breakout while Baltimore will still have struggle finding their identity.

It'll be close early, but I'm confident Ben will get into rhythm and score some points, forcing Flacco into his usual implosion situation. It won't hurt for our offense to finally give our defense some breathing room. We're capable of that this season, which is SCARY.

24-10 Stillers.

Almost exactly what iv'e been predicting for the past couple of weeks!! :applaudit:
:tt03: :tt03:

steelfury02
09-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Ravens or Hurricane Tomlin?

Uhhhhh I'll go with Hurricane Tomlin 72 to Tree

Rick5895
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
STEELERS 31 RATBIRDS 13.

I see Ben throwing for 300 yards and 3 td's. Defense will have 3 sacks and force 3 turnover.

effyou515
09-06-2011, 03:33 PM
27 12 Steelers

solardave
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
27-24 is WAY too high for these teams. They usually average 13-10 or around there.

I say 16-13 Steelers

Not this year. We'll score but they won't. 27-9.

stb_steeler
09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I see your forum is no different than any other. Ask for predicitions and the local team is always picked to win. :)

What did u want us to say.....Ravens 55-Steelers 3 Not gonna happen Dude!........:)

Fire Arians
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM

i'm sure if you go to a ratbird forum they're predicting they'll win too. welcome to real life?

fer522
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Steelers 42
Ravens 3

fu*k yea:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03 :

kwothdaraven
09-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I think the ravens this year won't be as good as last year. ed reed isn't getting any younger, they can't cover our receivers, and ben has looked better than ever. we will win by 2 scores

The same could be said about the steelers. James harrison has a bum back, troy is always hurt, and your corners are still awful.

You'll be in for a rude awkening when you realize that the ravebs secondary has gotten much better. Ed reed is healthy and they are starting two 6'2 200+ lb corners. Jimmy smith is the next shutdown corner.

Not to mention addition of lee evans, vontae leach, and their upgrades on the line. The ravebs have vastly improved this offseason, whereas the steelers did nothing.

tony hipchest
09-06-2011, 11:51 PM

24-10 Stillers.:thumbsup: i like your thinking, but im guessing the steelers score more fgs than tds.

steelers 23-10

Deserei90
09-06-2011, 11:54 PM
The same could be said about the steelers. James harrison has a bum back, troy is always hurt, and your corners are still awful.

You'll be in for a rude awkening when you realize that the ravebs secondary has gotten much better. Ed reed is healthy and they are starting two 6'2 200+ lb corners. Jimmy smith is the next shutdown corner.

Not to mention addition of lee evans, vontae leach, and their upgrades on the line. The ravebs have vastly improved this offseason, whereas the steelers did nothing.:toofunny::blah::blah::blah::toofunny: Steelers 24-14

tony hipchest
09-07-2011, 01:20 AM
The ravebs have vastly improved this offseason, whereas the steelers did nothing.the steelers never do nothing except kick the ravens ass and go to superbowls. :noidea:

:tt02::tt03::tt::tt04:

"raveBS"... lol

raving bulls hit is right. :coffee:

ricardisimo
09-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I agree we'll win by two scores... but both of those scores will be FGs.
Steelers 20 - Ravens 14

Pittsburgh43
09-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Sorry if I pick the same score as you lol.

STEELERS 23
Ratf*cks 13

BIGNASTY91
09-07-2011, 07:10 AM
i'm sure if you go to a ratbird forum they're predicting they'll win too. welcome to real life?

I was on the Ravens forum earlier looking around and its kinda split! Alot of the Ratbird fans are really worried about this game and dont think they can pull it out!!!
GO STEELERS!! :tt03: :tt03::sign02:

BossAus
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Not to mention addition of lee evans, vontae leach, and their upgrades on the line. The ravebs have vastly improved this offseason, whereas the steelers did nothing.

Your secondary is in no better condition than ours. You say Polamalu is always injured and state that Reed is ready for action. Reed is injured every bit as much as Troy. Also, your corner situation is as bad or worse than ours. "Jimmy Smith is the next lockdown corner"? He's a rookie, let's not proclaim this just yet. Your other starting corner has started like 4 games. We have a solid player in Ike, and while our other corners are not great, they are serviceable.

I usually expect games to go down to the wire between these two teams, but even with the homer shades off, I expect us to win this game by a decent margin. Our secondary can be exploited, bit our fire power greatly outpowers yours behind Flappo.

Steelers 27
Ravens 14

ebsteelers
09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
steelers 27
ravens 17

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Ravens 34
Steelers 17

Look for Joe Flacco to come out hot and the Ravens to get off to a lead as they did in the playoff game last year against the Steelers. Only this time the Ravens will be playing at home, will not be tired from a road playoff game while the Steelers rested.
The lead will hold up and the game should not be very close.

theplatypus
09-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Ravens 34
Steelers 17

Look for Joe Flacco to come out hot and the Ravens to get off to a lead as they did in the playoff game last year against the Steelers. Only this time the Ravens will be playing at home, will not be tired from a road playoff game while the Steelers rested.

34 points in the 1st game of the season against one of the best defenses in the league with a WR in walking boot and an O-line that's as bad if not worse than ours?

sax
09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Ravens WANT this game BIG time!!!
They have more to lose, if Steelers win.
Steelers have the Ravens in a mind fart!
Ravens WANT it SO bad.......but....not sure if they CAN win!

It WILL be nasty!!! Lot's of hard hitting....bad mouthing....in your face.....
....just "YOU WANT SOME OF THIS".....Let's get it on!!!!!!

My kind of FOOTBALL!!!!!

I think the Ravens will keep it close, However, If the Steelers get up early by
10/14 pts.......It could get like quick sand for the Ravens..... The more they
try harder the deeper thay fall.

Close games are fun to watch!!!!
I would not be upset if the Steelers win BIG time!
HATE the Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later,
sax

BIGNASTY91
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Ravens 34
Steelers 17

:rofl: :sign02:

kirklandrules
09-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Steelers should win this one in big fashion. The Ravens O-line is patchwork at best, they have no one behind Boldin and Evans as receivers, their secondary is a bunch of nobodies, Flacco still sucks and Harbaugh is still a flake. The 2 offensive guys they had that gave the Steelers the biggest headaches are gone (Mason and Heap). There is always the chance that one of their "nobodies" will have a huge game and cause an upset, but I don't think that will happen week 1 against a very veteran Steelers team. The Ravens have late season potential, but will start slow and have to learn how to overcome a first game asswhippin' at home.

Steelers: 38
Ravens: 10

Nice to see you and your blind loyalty back on the board Bobby. Always good to read the smack.

Fire Haley
09-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Steelers win 31-28 in OT in a shootout

I demand entertainment

mizzouristeeler
09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Steelers 1000000
ravens -4

SoCalFan
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Ravens 34
Steelers 17

STUPID!!!!!!!!Steelers 31 turds 13...:tt03:

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Steelers should win this one in big fashion. The Ravens O-line is patchwork at best, they have no one behind Boldin and Evans as receivers, their secondary is a bunch of nobodies, Flacco still sucks and Harbaugh is still a flake. The 2 offensive guys they had that gave the Steelers the biggest headaches are gone (Mason and Heap). There is always the chance that one of their "nobodies" will have a huge game and cause an upset, but I don't think that will happen week 1 against a very veteran Steelers team. The Ravens have late season potential, but will start slow and have to learn how to overcome a first game asswhippin' at home.

Steelers: 38
Ravens: 10

Nice to see you and your blind loyalty back on the board Bobby. Always good to read the smack.

Mason and Heap were great Ravens but both are a little over the hill. We have a deep threat now Lee Evans from Buffalo and that will give the Steelers something to worry about they didn't have before. I look for him to burn the Steelers on Sunday.

The Steelers had a bye week in the playoffs and the Ravens still dominated them at Heinz Field in the first half until fatigue caught up. Add in the Super Bowl hangover (most teams which lose Super Bowl are not good the next year) and the Steelers off the field problems (which the Ravens have not had) this offseason and it is pretty claear that the Ravens should win this game handlily.

OX1947
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
When the Ravens beat the Steelers when it matters, come talk to me. They havent beat Big ben in 5 years and have lost all 3 playoff games they have played. Even if the Ravens win this, its still the usual split during the regular season. So in a way, Ravens winning would do dick in the grand scheme of things.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM

One of your starting CBs was on the practice squad last year, and has one career start. The other one is a rookie with no career starts.

Lee Evans had 37 receptions last year, 44 the year before. He had 1 reception for 9 yards against us last year.

Vontae Leach blocked for Steve Slaton the last time we faced the Texans. Slaton got 43 yards on 13 carries, a 3.3 avg. Ray Rice got 20 yards, 32 yards and 32 yards against us last year. Yeah, Leach is gonna change that.

And your OLine "upgrades" - McKinnie & Gurode were cut for a reason. McKinnie faced Harrison 2 years ago, when he wasn't as fat or slow. He gave up 2 sacks to Harrison.

Yeah, you lost your best CB in Wilson, plus Heap, Mason, Gregg, McGahee, McClain, Housh, Landry... and you're better.

I'm not buying it.

ebsteelers
09-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Mason and Heap were great Ravens but both are a little over the hill. We have a deep threat now Lee Evans from Buffalo and that will give the Steelers something to worry about they didn't have before. I look for him to burn the Steelers on Sunday.

The Steelers had a bye week in the playoffs and the Ravens still dominated them at Heinz Field in the first half until fatigue caught up. Add in the Super Bowl hangover (most teams which lose Super Bowl are not good the next year) and the Steelers off the field problems (which the Ravens have not had) this offseason and it is pretty claear that the Ravens should win this game handlily.

fatigue caught up? lmao, if your fatigued in a playoff game you dont deserve to put the pads on ..

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 02:10 PM
When the Ravens beat the Steelers when it matters, come talk to me. They havent beat Big ben in 5 years and have lost all 3 playoff games they have played. Even if the Ravens win this, its still the usual split during the regular season. So in a way, Ravens winning would do dick in the grand scheme of things.

That's a tired old argument. "We beat you before so we'll do it again". Maybe the Ravens might as well not show up. You wish. And discounting the Ravens victories as "not counting". Hogwash. The Ravens beat the Steelers last year in Pittsburgh with Flacco leading a dramatic last minute comeback TD last year.

Even if the Steelers had beaten the Ravens 100 times in a row,. that would mean little when they take the field on Sunday. It's a whole new ball game. Past results do not guarantee future performance. The Steelers have to win the game on the field and I don't think they will. I'm confident the Ravens will be 1-0- and the Steelers will have to overcome an opening day loss.

saint0917
09-07-2011, 02:15 PM
First game of the year, two great D's, some nerves, sloppy playing, it will be low scoring. Steelers- 20 Ravens- 17

Vincent
09-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Stillers 38

rats 9

steelerschik
09-07-2011, 02:27 PM
That's a tired old argument. "We beat you before so we'll do it again". Maybe the Ravens might as well not show up. You wish. And discounting the Ravens victories as "not counting". Hogwash. The Ravens beat the Steelers last year in Pittsburgh with Flacco leading a dramatic last minute comeback TD last year.

Even if the Steelers had beaten the Ravens 100 times in a row,. that would mean little when they take the field on Sunday. It's a whole new ball game. Past results do not guarantee future performance. The Steelers have to win the game on the field and I don't think they will. I'm confident the Ravens will be 1-0- and the Steelers will have to overcome an opening day loss.

LOL, talk about a "tired" argument. Woo, Flacco leading a "dramatic last minute comeback" :blah: :blah: :blah:...meant a lot in the end, didn't it? :sofunny: :sofunny: LOL. Luv that you're back, always good for a laugh. Seen nothing impressive of the Ravens in the preseason, nothing, as per usual, spectacular about Joe, nothing that says Ravens are the better team...absolutely nothing.

Steelers 21
Bye-bye birdies 13

:tt:

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 07:22 PM
It seems that a lot of posters have blinders on. There are several major factors involved here which you are completely overlooking. It is natural to want your team to win, but some realism also helps.

1. The Steelers lost to the Ravens at Heinz field once last year, almost lost there twice, and also almost lost in Baltimore. They did not blow the Ravens out once. Yet I see predicted scores here of the Steelers blowing the Ravens out in Baltimore. That is highly unlikely.

2 .The Steelers lost the Super Bowl last year. For whatever reason, it is a fact that teams that lose the Super Bowl are usually not very good the following year. Sure the Steelers could buck that trend, but again it makes it more likely that the Ravens will win.

3. Clubhouse dissension and turmoil for the Steelers. It made national news when Harrison made critical remarks about his own teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger "stop trying to act like Peyton Manning." for their fumble and picks in the Super Bowl.
Also there were other off the field problems for the Steelers which the Ravens did not have.

The Steelers barely won the playoff game when they had everything going for them last year. Home field advantage, bye week, tired Ravens team which had to play on Saturday after a Sunday game in KC.

Face it guys, the Steelers are likely to lose this game, and is very possible they are going to lose big.
Can they recover from being 0-1 and being blown out by the Ravens in the first game? Sure, it's a long season. But it certainly will not be a good way to start.

kirklandrules
09-07-2011, 08:02 PM
It seems that a lot of posters have blinders on. But you're not one of them?
It is natural to want your team to win, but some realism also helps.
Great advice you should take.

1. The Steelers lost to the Ravens at Heinz field once last year, almost lost there twice, and also almost lost in Baltimore.
As my dad used to say, "Horseshoes and handgranades son, horseshoes and handgranades."
2 .The Steelers lost the Super Bowl last year. For whatever reason, it is a fact that teams that lose the Super Bowl are usually not very good the following year. Sure the Steelers could buck that trend, but again it makes it more likely that the Ravens will win.
Is it a fact or a trend? That is the question.

3. Clubhouse dissension and turmoil for the Steelers. It made national news when Harrison made critical remarks about his own teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger "stop trying to act like Peyton Manning." for their fumble and picks in the Super Bowl.
I remember Ray "The Murderer" Lewis calling his team out and it didn't stop them from winning. Somehow you seem to be overlooking the obvious point of who can get away with calling people out. James Harrison can call out anyone he wants ... Ben and Rashard are not going to sit down and cry all season over it (as one might expect from Flacco if "The Murderer" ever said such things about him).

The Steelers barely won the playoff game when they had everything going for them last year. Home field advantage, bye week, tired Ravens team which had to play on Saturday after a Sunday game in KC.
I don't recall that game being barely won. I remember a Ravens team sulking off the field after being thoroughly embarrassed. When the Steelers stopped handing touchdowns to the Ravens it wasn't so easy, was it? And it's not like your team worked too hard the week before ... come on, KC handed that game over without much of a fight.

Face it guys, the Steelers are likely to lose this game, and is very possible they are going to lose big.
You call out Steelers fans, on their own forum, for not using facts to drive their predictions. Yet can you name a game in the last 6 years where the Ravens have won big against the Steelers?

Again, I love the blind faith you have in your team. Unfortunately, these words might mean more on a Brownie or Bunghole forum, than on a site where that team has all but owned your ass.

fer522
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
It seems that a lot of posters have blinders on. There are several major factors involved here which you are completely overlooking. It is natural to want your team to win, but some realism also helps.

1. The Steelers lost to the Ravens at Heinz field once last year, almost lost there twice, and also almost lost in Baltimore. They did not blow the Ravens out once. Yet I see predicted scores here of the Steelers blowing the Ravens out in Baltimore. That is highly unlikely.

and I ALMOST won the lottery ALMOST

bobby jr
09-07-2011, 08:50 PM
You call out Steelers fans, on their own forum, for not using facts to drive their predictions. Yet can you name a game in the last 6 years where the Ravens have won big against the Steelers?

Again, I love the blind faith you have in your team. Unfortunately, these words might mean more on a Brownie or Bunghole forum, than on a site where that team has all but owned your ass.

Sure I'll give you not one game, but two games in the last 6 years. (I recall these games fondly and I think we're due for another one in 2011)

1. November 26, 2006. At Baltimore. Ravens 27, Steelers 0.
2. December 24, 2006. At Pittsburgh.Ravens 37, Steelers 7.

(Combined scores of the 2006 games: Ravens 64, Steelers 7.)

Now what were you saying about 'owning" :flap:

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Sure I'll give you not one game, but two games in the last 6 years. (I recall these games fondly and I think we're due for another one in 2011)

Oh yeah - that was the season when behind the dynamic QB play of Steve McNair the Ravens wet the bed and lost to the Colts at home in the playoffs :chuckle:

An unsurpassed record of success in Baltimore over the last 10 years featuring consistently mediocre QB play

Steelers 27 - Ravens 17 this Sunday

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM

Except by visiting trolls who drop by to pick their boys :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
ZING!!!!!

Pittsburgh43
09-08-2011, 04:27 AM
So f*cking pumped! Sunday, where you at?!?!

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Off field problems? You can't possibly be talking about the twitter stuff, can you?

You know good things happened to some of the players too...like Hines winning DWTS and Ben getting married. Those cancel out twitter. :chuckle:

Seriously though, you keep bringing up the playoffs and making the same excuses for the loss. That game doesn't matter anymore, to either the Steelers or the Ravens. It's a new season, and it's anybody's game right now. I know of course you hope for the Ravens to win...but I just have to laugh every time you make these bold predictions like you know what you're talking about.

Welcome back, and thank you for the laughs here. :thumbsup:

BritishSteel
09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
We think they'll be loads of empty backfield sets, but it'll probably still end up a slugfest. It always does. 17-13 Steelers

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM
It seems that a lot of posters have blinders on.

As do you. You do know this is a Steelers board, right? Should I go check the Ravens forums and see how "realistic" they're being? (rhetorical question...they're not, and many, like you are predicting a blowout).

There are several major factors involved here which you are completely overlooking. It is natural to want your team to win, but some realism also helps.This should be good....your version of "realism".

1. The Steelers lost to the Ravens at Heinz field once last year, almost lost there twice, and also almost lost in Baltimore. They did not blow the Ravens out once. Yet I see predicted scores here of the Steelers blowing the Ravens out in Baltimore. That is highly unlikely. And the last time the Ravens "blew out" the Steelers was in '06. Yet every week before a game, you are on here predicting nothing less than a 2 TD win by the Ravens. And we're the delusional ones? Take your own advice booby.

2 .The Steelers lost the Super Bowl last year. For whatever reason, it is a fact that teams that lose the Super Bowl are usually not very good the following year. Sure the Steelers could buck that trend, but again it makes it more likely that the Ravens will win.Your previous statement of "Past results do not guarantee future performance" applies here. The Steelers always seem (in recent years) to do poorly after winning a SB...maybe they'll do better (be more fired up) after losing one. Who knows? All I know...your word is the last persons word on the planet I would look to for "fact".

Also there were other off the field problems for the Steelers which the Ravens did not have.Oh get over it....they have. That was months ago, and everyone is past that now with their eyes on the prize.

The Steelers barely won the playoff game when they had everything going for them last year. Home field advantage, bye week, tired Ravens team which had to play on Saturday after a Sunday game in KC.Sorry, all my eyes could see was "Waaaaaa! I love my excuses!" :crying03:

Can they recover from being 0-1 and being blown out by the Ravens in the first game? Sure, it's a long season. But it certainly will not be a good way to start.:rofl:

You're too much. I love how you call us delusional and then just post this regurgitated homer shit (that you post before EVERY Steelers/Ravens game).

Keep fighting the good fight booby. :tt02:

StainlessStill
09-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Looks like SC Mom is taking care of purple teletubby business. The infamous bobby jr. has returned. Love it, it's always nice seeing him come back and eat crow atleast twice a year.

I've been spending time on Baltmore's forums. Most of them are the most sensitive fans I've ever seen. Say one thing like "I think Baltimore's in for it this Sunday" and ALL at once I'm either a troll or "pushing it, buddy."

Hilarious. We're so in their heads.

pancake
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
One of your starting CBs was on the practice squad last year, and has one career start. The other one is a rookie with no career starts.

Lee Evans had 37 receptions last year, 44 the year before. He had 1 reception for 9 yards against us last year.

Vontae Leach blocked for Steve Slaton the last time we faced the Texans. Slaton got 43 yards on 13 carries, a 3.3 avg. Ray Rice got 20 yards, 32 yards and 32 yards against us last year. Yeah, Leach is gonna change that.

And your OLine "upgrades" - McKinnie & Gurode were cut for a reason. McKinnie faced Harrison 2 years ago, when he wasn't as fat or slow. He gave up 2 sacks to Harrison.

Yeah, you lost your best CB in Wilson, plus Heap, Mason, Gregg, McGahee, McClain, Housh, Landry... and you're better.

I'm not buying it.

That's what I'm talking about... :tt04:

pancake
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Wasn't it you last year that was using point scored stats to show was going to win???

That didn't work out to well for you, did it... :rofl: :toofunny:

pancake
09-08-2011, 10:13 AM

1. The Steelers lost to the Ravens at Heinz field once last year, almost lost there twice, and also almost lost in Baltimore. They did not blow the Ravens out once. Yet I see predicted scores here of the Steelers blowing the Ravens out in Baltimore. That is highly unlikely. We have Ben playing, and he is a Raven killer. You can't deny that... I don't think it will be a blow out, Steelers by 6.

2 .The Steelers lost the Super Bowl last year. For whatever reason, it is a fact that teams that lose the Super Bowl are usually not very good the following year. Sure the Steelers could buck that trend, but again it makes it more likely that the Ravens will win. I think I will use your own words... "when they take the field on Sunday. It's a whole new ball game. Past results do not guarantee future performance." Pick which side of your mouth you would like to talk out of...lol

Also there were other off the field problems for the Steelers which the Ravens did not have. Grasping for straws and I don't blame you. I'm sure you're already thinking up excuses for when the ratbirds lose this Sunday...

The Steelers barely won the playoff game when they had everything going for them last year. Home field advantage, bye week, tired Ravens team which had to play on Saturday after a Sunday game in KC. Why didn't the Ravens win at home when they could have owned the division?

Can they recover from being 0-1 and being blown out by the Ravens in the first game? Sure, it's a long season. But it certainly will not be a good way to start.

Sorry BJ, Steelers are the better team. The sooner you learn to live with that, the better your life will be...

:sign02:

joeyssteelcurtain
09-08-2011, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=mizzouristeeler;941059]Steelers 1000000
ravens -4[/QUOTE
Sounds like a great score to me

Go steelers :tt03::tt03:

kirklandrules
09-08-2011, 10:29 AM

You're right, the ratbirds beat the Steelers twice pretty good 5 years ago ... in a lame duck coaching year after the Steelers won the SB (5 years after the ratbirds last won their only championship). I'm so ashamed to be a Steelers fan knowing how owned we all are when I think about how Big Ben is only 9-2 against the ratbirds and your flakey coach is 0-6 against the Steelers with Ben playing. :crying02:That ownage makes the shame run deep, about as deep as a Mike Wallace TD that you'll undoubtedly see Sunday as that shotty secondary of the ratbirds runs in circles trying to cover the 5 wides wearing black and gold.

kirklandrules
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm sure you're already thinking up excuses for when the ratbirds lose this Sunday

No, he's not thinking up excuses ... he saves them from prior years and recycles them. Much like Brownie and Bunghole fans do. These excuses come with rules that ensure certain words are included ... like: IF, ALMOST, MIGHT HAVE, PROBABLY, INSTEAD, BARELY

jtbsteeler
09-08-2011, 11:01 AM

You'll be starting two corners that have 1 career start between them. One is a rookie. Landry is gone and was replaced with Pollard(one of the worst coverage safeties in the league).

I'm a newbie to this site but I've exposing this kind of Raven fan stupidity since February on the B'moresun thread.

I promise you there is not a more football knowledge deprived fanbase than the Baltimore Ravens. They've collectively fooled themselves to think their bums r us secondary is better than last season. Which was garbage. They have NO CLUE what to expect from Smith and Williams. It's all wishing and hoping.

MillerMania83
09-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Steelers 23 Ravens 13...NUFF SAID!!!!

bobby jr
09-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Let's face it the Ravens humiliated the Steelers twice in 2006

I don't think the Ravens ever lost that badly to the Steelers in both games in a season.
The Steelers have won a lot of close games since then but they haven't humiliated the Ravens like that. Because the Ravens have too much talent , too much pride, too much self respect, to be walked over by their rivals, twice in one year.
64-7.

True that was a long time ago. But some on this forum have posted statements indicating the Steelers will win in part because they have won a lot of games in the past against the Ravens.
The past does not determine who will win in 2011.
Flacco becomes a true elite QB this year and I think Big Ben's best days are behind him.

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Let's face it the Ravens humiliated the Steelers twice in 2006

I don't think the Ravens ever lost that badly to the Steelers in both games in a season.
The Steelers have won a lot of close games since then but they haven't humiliated the Ravens like that. Because the Ravens have too much talent , too much pride, too much self respect, to be walked over by their rivals, twice in one year.
64-7.

No, you're right...they haven't "humiliated" the Ravens like that. 2006 was certainly a humiliating year (every team has them...even the Ravens). I'd call not being able to win a game with Ben in the lineup, or being able to beat the Steelers in the post season (ever) quite humiliating to a team and fanbase though.

I mean, that's what counts right? Who wins and who loses? (unless you're just a fantasy football junkie) It's not the score at the end of the game that matters....it's who has the W. That seems to be a concept that escapes you year after year.

Listen, I understand that the Ravens will eventually beat the Steelers with Ben...and they'll probably eventually beat them in the post season. That doesn't make any of your yearly homer predictions true though. That just means a blind squirrel finally found his nut.

True that was a long time ago. But some on this forum have posted statements indicating the Steelers will win in part because they have won a lot of games in the past against the Ravens.
The past does not determine who will win in 2011.
Flacco becomes a true elite QB this year and I think Big Ben's best days are behind him.

You said just as much last year...and that got your argument nowhere. You keep stating these things like they're fact, but you just make yourself look like a moron.

Look, I know you love the Ravens...that's fine. You can root for whomever you please...but you make completely idiotic homer statements as well, and try to pass them off as fact. You suck at sports talk, and debating in general.

tanda10506
09-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I dont think a blow out will happen, but its a lot more likely that if it did happen, it would be the steelers blowing out the ravens. Flacco wont be blowing out any decent defense anytime soon for that matter. It will most likely be a close game with the steelers winning, or as you would say bobbyjr, "the ravens barely losing." Even if your ravens find a way to win a game against ben, its one game opening day. Dont get me wrong, its important and I am excited about it, but it will be the FIRST time in 5 years that you beat ben. He beats you EVERY TIME, thats right, EVERY TIME. So dont get ahead of yourself bobby thinking that you have a better team if you guys FINALLY win one. But dont worry, you will lose. As for the QB's Bens best years are about to start, and he is already WAY better then Flacco. Flacco is a decent QB, but ben is a totally different class, which is way above flacco. Thats common knowledge for everybody, not just steeler fans.

ricardisimo
09-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Who decided to grant Booby that "Past results do not guarantee future performance"? Past performance is, in fact, the primary (and often the only) reasonable predictor of future performance. That means - for all of you keeping track - that there is an exceedingly good chance that Ben will continue to dominate the Ravens, perhaps throughout his entire career.

The Law of Averages doesn't apply here, any more than it would for a basketball player's free throw percentage; a guy who shoots .850 isn't obliged to miss his last 300 shots just to get him back to .500. And there is no law that says Ben has to tank his next five against the Rats. 2006 was clearly the exception that proves the rule: he owns your asses, Booby.

Atlanta Dan
09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Who decided to grant Booby that "Past results do not guarantee future performance"? Past performance is, in fact, the primary (and often the only) reasonable predictor of future performance. That means - for all of you keeping track - that there is an exceedingly good chance that Ben will continue to dominate the Ravens, perhaps throughout his entire career.

The Law of Averages doesn't apply here, any more than it would for a basketball player's free throw percentage; a guy who shoots .850 isn't obliged to miss his last 300 shots just to get him back to .500. And there is no law that says Ben has to tank his next five against the Rats. 2006 was clearly the exception that proves the rule: he owns your asses, Booby.

Well - Ben owns their asses as long as winning the game with one TD on offense often will suffice (2008 regular season in Baltimore/2008 AFC championship/2010 regular season in Baltimore) - with all the change in the NFL and the aging of players a history of domination can end abruptly

stb_steeler
09-08-2011, 06:27 PM
No, you're right...they haven't "humiliated" the Ravens like that. 2006 was certainly a humiliating year (every team has them...even the Ravens). I'd call not being able to win a game with Ben in the lineup, or being able to beat the Steelers in the post season (ever) quite humiliating to a team and fanbase though.

I mean, that's what counts right? Who wins and who loses? (unless you're just a fantasy football junkie) It's not the score at the end of the game that matters....it's who has the W. That seems to be a concept that escapes you year after year.

Listen, I understand that the Ravens will eventually beat the Steelers with Ben...and they'll probably eventually beat them in the post season. That doesn't make any of your yearly homer predictions true though. That just means a blind squirrel finally found his nut.

You said just as much last year...and that got your argument nowhere. You keep stating these things like they're fact, but you just make yourself look like a moron.

Look, I know you love the Ravens...that's fine. You can root for whomever you please...but you make completely idiotic homer statements as well, and try to pass them off as fact. You suck at sports talk, and debating in general.

He likes to wish in one hand, and s h i t in the other one......CSMOM......:toofunny:

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 06:58 PM
17-10 steelers....hope im able to watch a feed here on the net cause i live in tennessee and the titans play at the same time...so if anybody knows any feeds at game time then privately send me a message!

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Let me just say this...I do think the steeler offense is gonna be much more explosive this year and the defense will not have to bail us out as much. I think Ben is gonna be much more disciplined...look how his career has steadily climbed each year!!!

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Booby is gonna keep predicting the ravens win each year...like you said a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then! Keep predicting they are gonna outlast the steelers each year and yes you will eventually will be right but your success rate will be something like one in seven...if he likes those odds then more power to him!

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I always like to give an unbiased opinion but some are not capable of that!

bobby jr
09-08-2011, 07:27 PM

Sorry but getting outscored 64-7 in one season means that you will NEVER "own" the other team, unless you inflict a similar humiliation upon them. Big Ben has won some very close games but that does not make up for the beating that the Ravens gave him that year.

When he wins, it's barely, and I don't think his luck will hold up in 2011 against the Ravens. Ben lost a lot of his mystique and charisma by his lack of leadership in the Super Bowl when the chips were on the line.

He may never get another chance like that, two minutes to go , an injury depleted Packers secondary,, 6 points down. A TD and a PAT and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Ben would've gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB"s in history.

But he didn't get the job done, and that has to haunt him this year.

theplatypus
09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry but getting outscored 64-7 in one season means that you will NEVER "own" the other team, unless you inflict a similar humiliation upon them. Big Ben has won some very close games but that does not make up for the beating that the Ravens gave him that year.

When he wins, it's barely, and I don't think his luck will hold up in 2011 against the Ravens. Ben lost a lot of his mystique and charisma by his lack of leadership in the Super Bowl when the chips were on the line.

He may never get another chance like that, two minutes to go , an injury depleted Packers secondary,, 6 points down. A TD and a PAT and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Ben would've gone down as one of the greatest clutch QB"s in history.

I really need some of your meds.

StainlessStill
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM

Words cannot fathom the stupidity. Not even worthy of a facepalm. Dude, what are you even talking about? What do you even mean? Booby at his best.:tt04:

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I guess booby dont remember the steelers cardinals superbowl...watch the final 3 min of that game buddy!!!

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Ben is still in the top 3 or maybe even 2 clutch qb's in the league...even manning is nowhere near that!

Steeler4life1972
09-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Booby...how about spewing some unbiased opinions...you are on our board at least get your so called facts straight!

Steel Peon
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Steelers - 29
Poebirds - 19

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 08:14 PM

Boy, you really love the 2006 Ravens season don't you? (even though it amounted to absolutely nothing in the end) And what is this "barely" shit? Is there some kind of new column in the W/L section that says "barely won"? I guess whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

I'll bet you losing the SB does "haunt" Ben this year. But I also bet that it makes his drive to win that much more intense....unlike Flacco, who seems to just fold year after year when it matters most. He doesn't even seem to give a shit about losing, because he never comes out any better than before.

Remember in Ben's rookie year, when he lost the AFCCG to the Pats? Do you remember what happened the next season...when he was seemingly broken and defeated from the loss? Leading his team to their first SB appearance in 10/11 years is what happened. He didn't have anything to do with the win, but he got them there.

What has Flacco done again? :wave:

theplatypus
09-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I just can't believe he thinks any of us are buying the whole Ravens winning in 2006 makes up for the pain of being knocked out of the playoffs repeatedly thing.

tanda10506
09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Bobby I am convinced you dont watch the games, everything you say is irrelevant to the games that actually happen. You say Ben "barely" wins, if you actually watched the games you would know they are always very close no matter who wins. You say we have never blown you out and that the 2006 season was so great for you, but we blew you out the very next time we met in 2007, the score was 38-7, and everybody who actually watched the game knows all about it except for your boy Ed Reed who got knocked the f$&@ out. Since then then they have been close with us winning all of them that Ben has played in and ALL of the playoff games. I would ask you how it is to watch us every post season, but based on your posts you dont watch anyway.

bobby jr
09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
I do watch the Steelers-Ravens games at times, but you are correct at other times I get disgusted and turn off the TV.
At least when I'm watching by myself. I've found other people don't like it when I do that, they get angry, so then I just stalk out of the room.

Also of course the Ravens blowing the Steelers out in 2006 doesn't mean that getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Steelers isn't important. Of course it is. But those Steeler-Ravens playoff games could have gone either way and I don't see how that will help the Steelers on Sunday anyway. If anything it will give the Ravens more motivation to beat their rivals.

SC Mom where do you get the ridiculous idea that Flacco doesn't care about losing? Just because he doesn't hang his head in shame? Losing is part of it but he knows there will always be next year. I think he made his bones when he drove the Ravens to a game winning TD in the first game at Heinz field last year, I've never seen him so happy about a TD. That shows he does care about beating the Steelers and I expect he will do it again on Sunday.

Watching Rodgers torch the Saints tonight reminds me of the Super Bowl last year, 300+ yards against the Steelers. I wonder if Flacco will throw for 300 on Sunday.

SteelCityMom
09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
SC Mom where do you get the ridiculous idea that Flacco doesn't care about losing? Just because he doesn't hang his head in shame? Losing is part of it but he knows there will always be next year. I think he made his bones when he drove the Ravens to a game winning TD in the first game at Heinz field last year, I've never seen him so happy about a TD. That shows he does care about beating the Steelers and I expect he will do it again on Sunday.

I guess it's some false logic that I picked up from you. (does saying that Ben is on the downside b/c of a SB loss, and will do poorly b/c the game "haunts" him ring a bell?)

See, if you apply all the stupid shit you say about Ben not doing well b/c of losing a big game, to Flacco...that means he is either not very good at all, or doesn't care about winning. Your logic, not mine.

As for him FINALLY getting a game winning TD against the Steelers (w/o Ben at QB...again), that goes back to my squirrel finding a nut theory.

Watching Rodgers torch the Saints tonight reminds me of the Super Bowl last year, 300+ yards against the Steelers. I wonder if Flacco will throw for 300 on Sunday.

Don't worry, he won't. That's pretty funny stuff though (as usual). I love the masochist in you though. Myself? I'd be too embarrassed to keep typing out the same lame old shit that I typed out last year (only to be proven wrong). How you get past that is beyond me.

Fire Arians
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I do watch the Steelers-Ravens games at times, but you are correct at other times I get disgusted and turn off the TV.
At least when I'm watching by myself. I've found other people don't like it when I do that, they get angry, so then I just stalk out of the room.

wow way to support your team you fair weather d-bag

Ricco Suavez
09-08-2011, 10:57 PM
November 5th 2007 35-0 Good guys Ben throws five TDs before half and Steelers win 38-7. Did Ben even play the second half. The only reason we did not sweep that year is we rested most of the starters in a meaningless last game and the Crows won 27-21 I believe. I will gladly let you have the two lopsided wins Booby in 2006, we will enjoy the close game wins that are really meaningful. Hey if I was you I would still be celebrating last years HEROIC come from behind victory in the fourth week of the season, not to mention two games from five years ago.

Atlanta Dan
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
. I wonder if Flacco will throw for 300 on Sunday.

Maybe - even that broken clock you own gets the time right twice a day

But probably not

Mike Preston of The Baltimore Sun sums it up

Roethlisberger owns the Ravens, having won seven straight. He beat them with a broken nose and a sore foot. Even on a bad day, he'll beat the Ravens in the final two minutes regardless if he has to scramble, throw it sideways or toss it underhand with four defenders draped over him.....

And Flacco, against the Steelers is 2-6, has a QB rating of 68.5, has thrown eight interceptions and only completed 53.4 percent of his passes. Awful.

The Steelers make big plays in crunch time and the Ravens don't.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-preston-0909-20110908,0,1608273.column

My suggestion as you prepare for another beat down by the Steelers on Sunday

YYqnoULgD30

Ricco Suavez
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM
November 5th 2007 35-0 Good guys Ben throws five TDs before half and Steelers win 38-7. Did Ben even play the second half. The only reason we did not sweep that year is we rested most of the starters in a meaningless last game and the Crows won 27-21 I believe. I will gladly let you have the two lopsided wins Booby in 2006, we will enjoy the close game wins that are really meaningful. Hey if I was you I would still be celebrating last years HEROIC come from behind victory in the fourth week of the season, not to mention two games from five years ago.

BTW That was Ben's second perfect QB rating of his career, he has three in total. Now tell me How many perfect games does Joe Flaccid have.

tanda10506
09-08-2011, 11:03 PM

Also of course the Ravens blowing the Steelers out in 2006 doesn't mean that getting knocked out of the playoffs by the Steelers isn't important. Of course it is. But those Steeler-Ravens playoff games could have gone either way and I don't see how that will help the Steelers on Sunday anyway. If anything it will give the Ravens more motivation to beat their rivals.

I agree the playoff games could have gone anyway, almost all the games could, its just that we find a way to make it go our way. You take a shot at us about the super bowl, but the reason you didnt make it was us. Rodgers had a great game against us, he will never do that to us again, and flacco couldnt do it to a college defense, flacco is a decent qb, havent seen anything great from him.

caplovestroyp43
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
FLACCO ON HIS BACK-O!!!!!

Does anyone have a picture of one of our great D players looking down at him asserting their alpha male status over him??

Be neat if we did!!

Steelers 14
Shitbirds 3

Sunday just get here already!!!!!!!!!! :tt02::tt02:

Pittsburgh43
09-09-2011, 03:58 AM

No haunting, my friend. Just more fuel to the fire.

jtbsteeler
09-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Words cannot fathom the stupidity. Not even worthy of a facepalm. Dude, what are you even talking about? What do you even mean? Booby at his best.:tt04:

Haha! I might go to a local university and ask for a grant to study the Raven fan stupidity. It's quite remarkable.

They have no clue of how bad they are because they OD on the Purple Kool-Aid. Ozzie Newsome is grab-assing for FA's because of his failed drafts.

These continuous beatings by Ben, I think have transformed them into walking dumbasses. They want to rip him so bad but can't get the total joy of that because he keeps stabbing they're hearts with a knife.

Contrast that with the way Brady beats us. I could care less about Tom Brady because since the last time he won a SB the Steelers have been in 3 of them. Regular season win against Brady won't give me much joy. I want him in the playoffs.

bobby jr
09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm so confident that the Ravens will win on Sunday that I'm already starting to look past the game. I hope the Ravens don't get overconfident or have letdown after their "W". They have two road games against the Titans and Rams and then a home game against the Jets. I don't want them to go 1-0 then suffer a letdown and end up 2-2 after these four games.

In a way I can understand why Steelers fans are so passionate about their team. The Pirates have collapsed and are on their way to extending their consecutive losing season streak, which has set an all time record.

But all teams have up and down cycles (except in MLB where the Yankees can buy their way into the playoffs with no end). The Steelers hit their peak with their last Super Bowl win, and started downhill after that.

The Steelers have an aging defense (oldest in the league last year) and the Ravens recognize that.
I heard Flacco on the radio this morning and he said the Ravens planned to keep the Steelers defense on the field a long time in the game, and wear them out. He didn't specifically refer to the Steelers having an aged team that would wear down as the game went on but I think that is what he meant.

SteelCityMom
09-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm so confident that the Ravens will win on Sunday that I'm already starting to look past the game. I hope the Ravens don't get overconfident or have letdown after their "W". They have two road games against the Titans and Rams and then a home game against the Jets. I don't want them to go 1-0 then suffer a letdown and end up 2-2 after these four games.

In a way I can understand why Steelers fans are so passionate about their team. The Pirates have collapsed and are on their way to extending their consecutive losing season streak, which has set an all time record.

But all teams have up and down cycles (except in MLB where the Yankees can buy their way into the playoffs with no end). The Steelers hit their peak with their last Super Bowl win, and started downhill after that.

The Steelers have an aging defense (oldest in the league last year) and the Ravens recognize that.
I heard Flacco on the radio this morning and he said the Ravens planned to keep the Steelers defense on the field a long time in the game, and wear them out. He didn't specifically refer to the Steelers having an aged team that would wear down as the game went on but I think that is what he meant.

I hate to break this to you man, but because of the stability of the Steelers organization, you will never get your wish and catch them going downhill. Best you can hope for is trying to keep up (like the Browns in the 80's and 90's, or the Oilers in the 70's and 80's).

Why are you bringing baseball into this? I could say the same damn petty thing about Baltimore and their shitty, nearly non-existent MLB team...not to mention the fact that you have to go outside your city to root for an NHL or NBA team. Hell, you folks didn't even have an NFL team for a while, and had to steal one from *puke* Cleveland. That must suck so bad. No wonder your so bitter and feign confidence with pure c0ckiness. I'd be pissed too man.

That's super awesome that Flacco was on the radio talking up the offense. Did he really have to spell out the plan to keep the defense on the field longer to you people? :rofl: That's what every QB and offense try to plan to do to every defense...in case you didn't know that.

mcg24
09-09-2011, 01:28 PM

You seem to be forgetting that the Orioles have a 13 year losing streak. Jump off a bridge.

BIGNASTY91
09-09-2011, 01:31 PM
http://H:\My Pictures\80011_APTOPIX_Ravens_Steelers_Football.jp g

:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::t t03::tt03::tt03:

kirklandrules
09-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm so confident that the Ravens will win on Sunday that I'm already starting to look past the game. I hope the Ravens don't get overconfident or have letdown after their "W".

LOL, that is some of the funniest sh!t I've read in quite some time. I often wondered what became of Dave Chappelle after he walked off his show ... now I know .. he writes funny sh!t on Steelers forums while posing as a silly ratbird fan!

Nathan_inFlorida
09-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Steelers 33
Ravens 27

First time prediction here, btw.

mcg24
09-09-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL, that is some of the funniest sh!t I've read in quite some time. I often wondered what became of Dave Chappelle after he walked off his show ... now I know .. he writes funny sh!t on Steelers forums while posing as a silly ratbird fan!

Don't insult Dave Chappelle. bobbyjr is an absolute moron troll and nobody would care if he threw himself off a bridge.

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm so confident that the Ravens will win on Sunday that I'm already starting to look past the game.

Mike Preston of The Baltimore Sun is not as confident as you are - but what does he know - he just covers the Ravvens and gets paid to do so:noidea:

Ravens probably aren't ready for Pittsburgh

Cleveland or Tennessee would have been a more preferred opener for the Ravens in 2011. The Ravens still have a shot to win because they are at home and this is a rivalry. I wouldn't be shocked if they won, but I'd be surprised. Because of the new additions to the roster and the lock out, I'm not sure the Ravens are ready for a proven and tested team like the Steelers so early in the season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-mike-preston-ravens-probably-arent-ready-for-pittsburgh-20110909,0,6596530.story

Do the Ravens give out rings and hang championship banners for winnning the wild card?:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
09-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Steelers 33
Ravens 27

First time prediction here, btw.

Since it is your first post I would guess so

Welcome :drink:

bobby jr
09-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Mike Preston of The Baltimore Sun is not as confident as you are - but what does he know - he just covers the Ravvens and gets paid to do so:noidea:

Ravens probably aren't ready for Pittsburgh

Cleveland or Tennessee would have been a more preferred opener for the Ravens in 2011. The Ravens still have a shot to win because they are at home and this is a rivalry. I wouldn't be shocked if they won, but I'd be surprised. Because of the new additions to the roster and the lock out, I'm not sure the Ravens are ready for a proven and tested team like the Steelers so early in the season.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-mike-preston-ravens-probably-arent-ready-for-pittsburgh-20110909,0,6596530.story

Do the Ravens give out rings and hang championship banners for winnning the wild card?:chuckle:

Like Preston and other sportswriters have not been wrong in the past. :doh:

Last I looked the Ravens were favored to beat the Steelers on Sunday. I think the Las Vegas oddsmakers know a little more than Preston, I disagree with the Las Vegas point spread.

It's looking to me like the Ravens will easily beat that spread. The people in Baltimore are really up for this game. E veryone at work (including me( wore Purple today for Purple Friday. There will be a roaring sellout crowd at M+T and very few Steelers fans will be there. The home field advantage is important for this game.

SteelCityMom
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM

Last I looked the Ravens were favored to beat the Steelers on Sunday. I think the Las Vegas oddsmakers know a little more than Preston, I disagree with the Las Vegas point spread.

It's looking to me like the Ravens will easily beat that spread. The people in Baltimore are really up for this game. E veryone at work (including me( wore Purple today for Purple Friday. There will be a roaring sellout crowd at M+T and very few Steelers fans will be there. The home field advantage is important for this game.

Lmao @ the odds.

Theory of Competition...

vkDgFFcawbU

Rinkleroot
09-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Steelers 31
Ravens 17

SteelCityMom
09-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I guess I should add, that I don't predict scores. The only thing I can say year in and year out is...

http://www.ericd.net/post_images/jan2009/believe.jpg

09-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Your Rats are favored by 1.5 - 2.5 at home. Home field is 3 points. As a result, the (non-partisan) Vegas bookies believe Pittsburgh is better.

It's just wonderful that it "looks to you like the Ravens will beat that spread." Of course, you haven't enlightened us WHY this is so... Maybe it's your CBs against our WRs... obviously a matchup in your favor. Jimmy Smith starting his first NFL game against the 5th leading WR in the NFL last year. Chris Carr, out the last 2 preseason games with a hamstring vs. Hines Ward. And, Cary Williams, recruited off your practice squad from last year, with 1 NFL start, against Antonio Brown - who lit up your benched CB, Lardarius Webb, to end your 2010 season.

Yeah, I can see why you feel so confident...

caplovestroyp43
09-09-2011, 11:19 PM

And just what in the hell are you going to do when they LOSE FLACCO ON HIS BACKO???? I'm not talking about taking Flacco out of the game and hurting him...I'm just asking what are you going to do when they lose? I LOVE CALLING HIM FLACCO ON HIS BACK-O!!! Fits like a glove!!

Go Silverback and Taz. Knock the pizz out of Flacco!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelerchad
09-09-2011, 11:20 PM

actually wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens won this one. They win 1 out of 3 historically. They are at home. They seem to win the less meaningful games, which this would be. The November game will likely have bigger division implications, which we will almost certainly win. I actually think the Ravens might take this game and still miss the playoffs at 9-7. That D is old. Flacco is a top 15 QB, but not top 10 imo. I think they'll miss Heap.

I'll be there by the way. I live in Richmond, so it's close for me. I actually bought Ravens season tickets this year just for this game. There will certainly be more black and gold in Baltimore than purple in Pittsburgh later in the season.

btaylor179
09-10-2011, 08:47 AM
steelers win 23-13........count on it

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 09:48 AM
As an aside, the Pirates gave up 22 hits last night and 13 runs in their loss. I have wanted for some time for the Orioles to face the Pirates in the World Series so Baltimore can avenge the '71 and '79 seven game losses but I don't think that will happen very soon.

Anyway the oddsmakers favor the Ravens tomorrow and I think they are underestimating this team. Harbaugh knows what he is doing and I have confidence that his preparations will be better than Mike Tomlins. It will be rather warm in Baltimore tomorrow and that doesn't bode well for the Steelers older defense.

jtbsteeler
09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
As an aside, the Pirates gave up 22 hits last night and 13 runs in their loss. I have wanted for some time for the Orioles to face the Pirates in the World Series so Baltimore can avenge the '71 and '79 seven game losses but I don't think that will happen very soon.

Anyway the oddsmakers favor the Ravens tomorrow and I think they are underestimating this team. Harbaugh knows what he is doing and I have confidence that his preparations will be better than Mike Tomlins. It will be rather warm in Baltimore tomorrow and that doesn't bode well for the Steelers older defense.

Last season everyone jumped on the "Steelers will struggle without Ben for 4 games" wagon, this season it's "the defense is old".

Can't wait for tomorrow to get here.

09-10-2011, 11:17 AM
< snip - irrelevant >

81 degrees in B'More, 75 degrees in the 'Burgh. Yeah, I don't know how men in their 30s will survive.

I don't know you, but your opinions are really stupid.

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Harbaugh knows what he is doing and I have confidence that his preparations will be better than Mike Tomlins..

Yep - Harbaugh always makes the crucial adjustments - look no further than his division titles and Super Bowl appaerances if you have any doubt

If only Tomlin could win a meaningful game against the Ravens:banging:

dreegking
09-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Steelers 27

Ravens 21

StainlessStill
09-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I have like 10 message boards and forums I post on. I'm sick and tired of this now. It's time to get it on!

Steelers 24
Ravens 10

tanda10506
09-10-2011, 02:35 PM
actually wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens won this one. They win 1 out of 3 historically. They are at home. They seem to win the less meaningful games, which this would be. The November game will likely have bigger division implications, which we will almost certainly win. I actually think the Ravens might take this game and still miss the playoffs at 9-7. That D is old. Flacco is a top 15 QB, but not top 10 imo. I think they'll miss Heap.

I'll be there by the way. I live in Richmond, so it's close for me. I actually bought Ravens season tickets this year just for this game. There will certainly be more black and gold in Baltimore than purple in Pittsburgh later in the season.

The one of 3 that they usually win is the one ben misses. I agree though that they usually win the less important game and being at home, on opening day, it is their best chances to beat us this year. I still think we will win and beat them every time this year, wether it be 2 or 3 times. We've done it 3 times before.

steelbad@50
09-10-2011, 04:36 PM
35-17 Stillers

joeyssteelcurtain
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
steelers 20 ratbirds 10

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt04::tt04::drink::helmet :

SH-Rock
09-10-2011, 07:15 PM
My prediction is that it's going to be a 21-10 game Steelers. I don't see the Ravens being able to handle our potent and speedy offense. The only reason I don't see this as a higher scoring game for the Steelers is that I still believe there will be some redzone inefficiencies.

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 07:15 PM
The one of 3 that they usually win is the one ben misses. I agree though that they usually win the less important game and being at home, on opening day, it is their best chances to beat us this year. I still think we will win and beat them every time this year, wether it be 2 or 3 times. We've done it 3 times before.

And the Ravens destroyed the Steelers two times with a combined score of 65-7 in 2006. Never have the Steelers dominated the Ravens like that.

I have a feeling we may see something like that again. The Steelers were coming off a Super Bowl win in 2006 before the Ravens taught them humility. Nobody expected scores like that, just as the oddsmakers see a close game tomorrow.

I don't see a close game. Harbaugh is too good of a coach to allow his team to be unprepared. I see the Ravens winning this one big tomorrow.

caplovestroyp43
09-10-2011, 07:17 PM

WTF are you smoking?!? Nothing like looking at things with rose colored glasses now is there????

FLACCO ON HIS BACKO!!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!

ricardisimo
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
And the Ravens destroyed the Steelers two times with a combined score of 65-7 in 2006. Never have the Steelers dominated the Ravens like that.

I have a feeling we may see something like that again. The Steelers were coming off a Super Bowl win in 2006 before the Ravens taught them humility. Nobody expected scores like that, just as the oddsmakers see a close game tomorrow.

I don't see a close game. Harbaugh is too good of a coach to allow his team to be unprepared. I see the Ravens winning this one big tomorrow.
Uh, yeah, because no one had ever heard of a Super Bowl hangover, nor did they expect that anyone could beat a QB who'd just been in a near fatal motorcycle accident followed by an emergency appendectomy. Everyone assumed the near-death experience would just make him hungrier.

Yeah, whatever, we'll try to have him in a coma for you one of these games. Maybe then you can beat him again. :rolleyes:

steelerchad
09-10-2011, 07:55 PM

I was at the Titans game in Nashville last year when it was 95 and the Titans made us wear black jerseys because of the heat. It just made our old defense more angry. CJ 2k rushed for 34 yards and VY got slammed on his head. Both looked shaken and scared much like Flacco has looked against the Steelers. Tampa tried the black shirt thing a week later in the Florida heat and that was an all out beatdown in 90 + heat again. If you think a moderately warm day in the northeast is going to be the determining factor you are more of an idiot than I already thought you were.

Again, the Ravens have a decent chance to win this game. After all it is at home, and not much is on the line this early. The Ravens are a good team when it really doesn't count. When it counts, they gag and choke as they proved again last year. Then again, maybe they didn't choke, maybe the Steelers are just a little better usually. Probably both.

Fire Arians
09-10-2011, 08:09 PM
look at terrell sugg's teeth and gums look like his momma had an affair with mister ed

Wallabeast17
09-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I was at the Titans game in Nashville last year when it was 95 and the Titans made us wear black jerseys because of the heat. It just made our old defense more angry. CJ 2k rushed for 34 yards and VY got slammed on his head. Both looked shaken and scared much like Flacco has looked against the Steelers. Tampa tried the black shirt thing a week later in the Florida heat and that was an all out beatdown in 90 + heat again. If you think a moderately warm day in the northeast is going to be the determining factor you are more of an idiot than I already thought you were.

Again, the Ravens have a decent chance to win this game. After all it is at home, and not much is on the line this early. The Ravens are a good team when it really doesn't count. When it counts, they gag and choke as they proved again last year. Then again, maybe they didn't choke, maybe the Steelers are just a little better usually. Probably both.

well said! :thumbsup:

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Speaking of choking in key games, what would you call the Steelers performance in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game against the Jets? After blowing the Jets out in the first half to a 24-0 lead they won 24-19. That was one of the worst 2nd half's I've ever see the Steelers play and they were lucky they didn't lose that game.

If that's not choking I don't know what is. Also the Steeler subpar Super Bowl performance could be looked at the same way. Green Bay got off to a lead but suffered injuries to key players by halftime and yet the Steelers still could not get it going against their bench players.

So neither team has a monopoly on "choking". And the Steelers have done it twice since the Ravens played a meaningful game. Looks to me like the Steelers have something to prove, to avoid the hat trick. (3 chokes in a row) :hatsoff:

Ricco Suavez
09-10-2011, 08:38 PM

You're quick to point to a season five years ago but you don't want to talk about that 38-7 azz whooping the turds took the next year. You know one of Ben's three perfect games and this one at the expense of the vaulted Rattys defense. When el choko also know as Flaccid Joe has another season of also ran status check back with us.:toofunny:

steelerchad
09-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Speaking of choking in key games, what would you call the Steelers performance in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game against the Jets? After blowing the Jets out in the first half to a 24-0 lead they won 24-19. That was one of the worst 2nd half's I've ever see the Steelers play and they were lucky they didn't lose that game.

If that's not choking I don't know what is. Also the Steeler subpar Super Bowl performance could be looked at the same way. Green Bay got off to a lead but suffered injuries to key players by halftime and yet the Steelers still could not get it going against their bench players.

So neither team has a monopoly on "choking". And the Steelers have done it twice since the Ravens played a meaningful game. Looks to me like the Steelers have something to prove, to avoid the hat trick. (3 chokes in a row) :hatsoff:

When you win it's not a choke. Just so you know, the Ravens really only choked in December and the playoff game last year. The 08 championship game wasn't a choke. The Ravens were just plain old out matched in that game. But with 2nd half leads in both games last year, those were huge choke jobs. You really are showing what an idiot you are when you try to say the Steelers choked in a game they won.

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 08:46 PM
When you win it's not a choke. Just so you know, the Ravens really only choked in December and the playoff game last year. The 08 championship game wasn't a choke. The Ravens were just plain old out matched in that game. But with 2nd half leads in both games last year, those were huge choke jobs. You really are showing what an idiot you are when you try to say the Steelers choked in a game they won.

No you're wrong/ a team can choke in a game they win. Just because they barely win that doesn't excuse their poor play which almost cost them the game.

The Steelers did that against the Jets last year. They had such a big lead that they barely hung on but there was no excuse for their play in the 2nd half. Once they started blowing the lead it was like they froze and couldn't do anything right.

They should have finished the Jets off and walked off the field with pride. As it was I think their poor play in the 2nd half against the Jets carried forward to the Super Bowl.

ricardisimo
09-10-2011, 08:48 PM
No you're wrong of course a team can choke in a game they win. Just because they barely win that doesn't excuse their poor play which almost cost them the game.

The Steelers did that against the Jets last year. They had such a big lead that they barely hung on but there was no excuse for their play in the 2nd half. Once they started blowing the lead it was like they froze and couldn't do anything right.

They should have finished the Jets off and walked off the field with pride. As it was I think their poor play in the 2nd half against the Jets carried forward to the Super Bowl.
Desperate times call for desperate arguments, I guess. You can choke in a win. We can take some bizarre sort of solace in these lame arguments from the Ratbird fans. It must be really bad right now.

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Desperate times call for desperate arguments, I guess. You can choke in a win. We can take some bizarre sort of solace in these lame arguments from the Ratbird fans. It must be really bad right now.

Suppose a player fumbles the ball twice at the end of the game which causes his team to have to go to overtime. The player choked so badly his coach takes him out of the game.
Then his team can either win or lose in OT without him on the field. Either way he choked.

Sometimes a team can win, despite choking. That doesn't change the fact that they choked.

SteelCityMom
09-10-2011, 09:24 PM

I don't think you know what the definition of choking (in sports terms) is.

4. To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension, especially in an athletic contest: choked by missing an easy putt on the final hole.

2. (noun) choker
an unfortunate person who is unable to perform effectively because of nervous tension or agitation
"he could win if he wasn't a choker"

You know, Flacco. :hatsoff:

SteelCityMom
09-10-2011, 09:27 PM
What the hell is the point of this argument anyway? Have the Steelers choked in games? Sure...every team has. But you have to know how silly you sound bringing this up here, considering the Ravens have done nothing BUT choke since 2001.

steelerchad
09-10-2011, 09:33 PM
No you're wrong/ a team can choke in a game they win. Just because they barely win that doesn't excuse their poor play which almost cost them the game.

So the Packers choked all the way to a Super Bowl title. They were up 21-3, yet the game came down to the final drive.
Whatever man.
I guess choking is irrelevant if you win in the end. I haven't heard one person say the Packers choked in that game. Which means most people wouldn't consider that choking, except a Baltimoron who has had to live through choking much too often lately.

SH-Rock
09-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Choking is incompetence not losing a game just to clear things up. Great teams lose games and bad teams win games. Such is life and you just move forward. I'm starting to sound like Mike Tomlin.

09-10-2011, 09:41 PM

You repeatedly predict that the Ravens will win big, like in 2006, because the Ravens won big, in 2006. And, you have a "feeling" - unless it's because your Fruit-Of-The-Looms are too tight.

I know you delight in stirring the pot, trying to get people to react.

But I, for one, just think you're a doofus. You're a 15 second distraction, incapable of insightful discussion - when there are actual aspects of the rivalry that could be debated. You could provide logical challenges to the assumptions of fans here... if you could construct them into a sentence.

But you can't. So, you will continue your senseless prattle, and we'll give you small snippets of sarcastic rebuke. You'll get the attention you so desperately crave, and your team will lose, yet again.

ricardisimo
09-10-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm starting to think Booby is just Tony in disguise, posting in ridiculous Raven fan manner, just to keep the rest of us entertained. You'll notice that you never see the two of them together, right? :scratchchin:

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 10:30 PM
So the Packers choked all the way to a Super Bowl title. They were up 21-3, yet the game came down to the final drive.
Whatever man.
I guess choking is irrelevant if you win in the end. I haven't heard one person say the Packers choked in that game. Which means most people wouldn't consider that choking, except a Baltimoron who has had to live through choking much too often lately.

I think the Packers had several injuries during the game, which caused them to lose the lead.

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 10:35 PM
You repeatedly predict that the Ravens will win big, like in 2006, because the Ravens won big, in 2006. And, you have a "feeling" - unless it's because your Fruit-Of-The-Looms are too tight.

I know you delight in stirring the pot, trying to get people to react.

But I, for one, just think you're a doofus. You're a 15 second distraction, incapable of insightful discussion - when there are actual aspects of the rivalry that could be debated. You could provide logical challenges to the assumptions of fans here... if you could construct them into a sentence.

But you can't. So, you will continue your senseless prattle, and we'll give you small snippets of sarcastic rebuke. You'll get the attention you so desperately crave, and your team will lose, yet again.

Listen, junior. I've watched more NFL football and know more about NFL football than you ever will. And you're the one seeking attention like with your ridiculous handle "steelerfanstuckinBaltmore".

I'd much rather be "stuck" in Baltimore than Pittsburgh. If you hate it here so much and don't like the hometown Ravens why dont' you have the gumption to go back to your beloved Pittsburgh. Something tells me you actually like it here better as I do.

bobby jr
09-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Choking is incompetence not losing a game just to clear things up. Great teams lose games and bad teams win games. Such is life and you just move forward. I'm starting to sound like Mike Tomlin.

Everyone on this forum seems to assume the Ravens "choked" in their loss to the Steelers in the playoffs last year. They think this because they don't like the Ravens and it makes the Ravens loss sound worse if they "choked".

I've explained that fatigue had a lot to do with that loss, having a road playoff game in KC and a short week playing on Saturday in Pittsburgh. It caught up to the Ravens in the 2n half. Statistics show over the years that NFL teams with a short week generally don't do as well the next week.

But no, it must be "choking" that cost the Ravens that game. Whatever. :banging:

Sixburgher
09-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Everyone on this forum seems to assume the Ravens "choked" in their loss to the Steelers in the playoffs last year. They think this because they don't like the Ravens and it makes the Ravens loss sound worse if they "choked".

I've explained that fatigue had a lot to do with that loss, having a road playoff game in KC and a short week playing on Saturday in Pittsburgh. It caught up to the Ravens in the 2n half. Statistics show over the years that NFL teams with a short week generally don't do as well the next week.

But no, it must be "choking" that cost the Ravens that game. Whatever. :banging:

Yeah, you say this now, but before that game you basically said the exact opposite in that it would be to the Steelers disadvantage having a bye week in the playoffs because they were likely to be "rusty". You can't have it both ways. I can't wait until you're forcefed another piping hot cup of STFU tomorrow and leave with your tail between your legs again. Your lameass idiotic trolling is beyond old.

tanda10506
09-10-2011, 11:55 PM
So if you lose the lead and your not the Steelers then it's not choking, but if you are the Steelers it's choking? Bobby, I'm surprised your still allowed to post here. All you do is throw out false facts and opinions that you call facts and then play the double standard garbage when you get caught in the web of your own ignorance. I just don't understand it, we have fans from other teams come on here and talk and they are at least honest. If your on a forum for another team and you think you have a better team that's fine to say so, but don't try to explain it by using facts that are untrue and irrelevant. If your team is not as good, which in all honesty you can not say the Ravens are better then the Steelers, then let it go. You don't have to throw out false facts, your not going to convince anybody here that you have a better team, that a 2 time SB champion, clutch, big play all the time, Raven killing, playoff winning QB isn't as good as a playoff losing QB not even considered to be in the top 10, or any other of your absolutely ridiculous claims that you try to convince everyone of. i'm all for you being here, stating your case, and even talking a little smack, but don't degrade this forum by posting ignorance that is so ridiculous and knowingly untrue, come on.

As to the final score, I don't know, but we're going to win.

OX1947
09-11-2011, 12:24 AM
The term choke gets thrown around anytime a team doesn't win a game it should have. Same as the term clutch gets thrown around every time some schmoe who has a good week wins. This is the ESPN brainwash generation. As soon as they went tabloid about a decade ago, sports has turned into a show rather then sports. It's not about true talent and how hard it is to win, but if they dont win, they are pieces of crap. People think Manning is a choker. In a team sport, they think he is a choker. As if it was Manning who allowed the Saints to get an onside kick in the super bowl or the fact that Brees ran through the defense like swiss cheese.

As far as Joe Flacco, i laugh that they blamed him for last years loss. I guess Joe Flacco must have made Ray Rice fumble. Or my favorite, Joe must have voodoo'd Boldin into dropping his perfect pass in the end zone that would have tied the game. He made one bad play after the lead, which was his overthrow on Heap, other then that, it was just as much the Steelers getting the win as the Ravens or Joe Flacco losing.

My advice to people is really watch the games and leave that as the barometer in which you judge the game. Not what some dimwit dip shit on ESPN says about a player. What's worse is ex-NFL players fall in line with the same stupid tabloid rhetoric because they have no talent to actually analyze.

jtbsteeler
09-11-2011, 02:44 AM

I have no doubts about that.

jtbsteeler
09-11-2011, 02:47 AM
look at terrell sugg's teeth and gums look like his momma had an affair with mister ed

He'll have to break his jaw bone to fix that gutter mouth.

:applaudit:

mcg24
09-11-2011, 05:20 AM

So the Ravens blow a lead against the Steelers in the second half and it's perfectly acceptable because they are tired? WAHHH

But the Steelers ALMOST blow a second half lead against the Jets but still win, and they choked?

Throw yourself off a bridge junior.

Pittsburgh43
09-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Damn, you know its bad when they pull the "I've been a fan since/I've watched more football than" card.

This argument is dead. It's gameday, baby!

Oh yeah ..F*ck Baltimore.

:tt03:

pancake
09-11-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm so glad it's game day!

I love how Booby keeps bringing up 2006, my guess after today he will still be talking 2006, because that will all he has...:applaudit:

:sign02:

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Listen, junior. I've watched more NFL football and know more about NFL football than you ever will. And you're the one seeking attention like with your ridiculous handle "steelerfanstuckinBaltmore".

I'd much rather be "stuck" in Baltimore than Pittsburgh. If you hate it here so much and don't like the hometown Ravens why dont' you have the gumption to go back to your beloved Pittsburgh. Something tells me you actually like it here better as I do.

That's harsh

You appear to be losing your attitude of ironic detachment (delusion?) - sorry to see you becoming cruel as another beat down looms

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2011, 08:27 AM

So it was fatigue?

Was it fatigue when Roethlisberger drove the Steelers down the field to win in Baltimore in 2008.

And was it fatigue when Flacco tuckered out from having to play through the 4th quarter, coughed up the ball to Polamalu, and then short hopped a pass to an open receiver on 4th down to end the Ravens loss at home (again) to the Steelers last December :noidea::sofunny:

09-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Shocking. You make bold statements with no facts or proofs to back them up. I remember Ron Shanklin & Frank Lewis as our wideouts, prior to Swann & Stallworth. I remember debating Bradshaw vs. Gilliam. Did you root for the Browns? Or perhaps the Colts?

Oh, yes, Harm City, the city that bleeds, proudly led by Sheila Dixon and Marty O'Malley the last decade. It's pathetic - I heard B'Morons weep for the Colts for a decade, then watched them screw Cleveland out of their team. The lowest form of hypocrite, Modell selling out to get $50 million, because he failed in his other businesses. And those in B'More city didn't get a referendum vote, to spend the $250 million to bring the Rat plague out of our tax dollars. Your team was created by a incompetent traitor.

Bob Trumpy, the Bengals TE turned announcer, said it best at that time:

"I despise the whole concept of the Baltimore Ravens. . . . This team will be hated everywhere outside of Baltimore. . . . Art Modell's actions were criminal. . . . I see nothing but gloom and doom for this franchise. . . . I wish the Ravens high winds and muddy fields; I wish them empty roads to and from the ballpark; I wish them cold hot dogs. I wish them nothing but bad."

Bob Trumpy was right... and you're still a doofus.

RichMich69
09-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Steelers - 16
Crows - 7

SH-Rock
09-11-2011, 10:00 AM

I believe they did choke. Now hear me out. The Ravens are a great team. High Caliber QB, a stunner RB, a great defense. So when they took the lead by such an amount and couldn't hold on to it because of follies like protecting the football, then I believe they did choke. They could've easily won that and if the Steelers had lost that game because of all the follies they had then I would've said the Steelers choked.

STEELAMANIA
09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Steelers 24 Ratbirds 10, but I have a feeling that the Steelers will put up over 40.

Wallabeast17
09-11-2011, 11:50 AM
13-10 Steelers..

Steelers behind 3-10 until a late interception by the newly re-signed Troy and sets up the Steelers O inside the 25 yard line and the touchdown coming from--Tight End- David Johnson to give us the lead.

bobby jr
09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Ravens 34
Steelers 17

Well I'm not here to gloat, but what prize do I get for coming closest to the final score
And predicting the way the game would play out?

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Well I'm not here to gloat, but what prize do I get for coming closest to the final score?
And predicting the way the game would play out?l

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut eventually. Come back when you've knocked us out of the playoffs several times.:wave:

Sixburgher
09-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I'm not here to gloat, but what prize do I get for coming closest to the final score?

Here you go.

http://208.71.34.142/comments/general/trophies//asshole-of-the-year.gif

Chadmagic
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Let me ask you this...how many times have you come here predicting a win and have been wrong?

A lot more times than you have been right. Why do we owe you a gift or prize of any kind?

Remember that even a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then.

bobby jr
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Here you go.

http://208.71.34.142/comments/general/trophies//asshole-of-the-year.gif

Thank you. I appreciate that. :rofl:

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 05:44 PM

I would say you've earned it, but it's pretty apparent that it comes to you naturally.

Atlanta Dan
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Great win for the Ravens

I assume you will have no hard feelings if the Steelers decide to play out the schedule?