PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing?

blackandgoldsc
09-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I can't wait for the regular season to begin. However, I am a little worried. We have all the tools we need to be very successful this year. Our team is not MUCH different overall from last year and we went to the Super Bowl. The last few times we won the Super Bowl we had pretty bad seasons after. I don't think that will (should) happen this year but I also didn't think it should happen after SB43. What do you guys think usually gets us down the next season? Is it a lack of motivation, a feeling of complacency? When I look at the schedule we should get more than enough wins to make the playoffs again. What am I missing? What causes us to have our down seasons? Obviously there isn't anything I can do to fix it for the team but just curious to know why we seem to struggle after a Super Bowl instead of continuing to win.

Thanks for any insight. Here is to a 13+ win season regular season!

:tt:

BIGNASTY91
09-07-2011, 11:58 AM
I personnaly think its all that you listed. They win the super bowl and are on top of the world. Feel like your the best out there (which they were the year before) But the next year is a new season. As for this season i dont see that happening. They lost and are out to prove to everyone that they were, and still are the better team. They are playing with a chip on there shoulder and are gonna ride it alway to the super bowl this year!!!!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Fire Arians
09-07-2011, 12:45 PM
i have a good feeling about this season, more so than any other post-sb season to be honest. we will break the curse!

Fire Haley
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
As long as Ben and Troy are healthy and playing, I'm not ascared.

blackandgoldsc
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Good to hear.
Hopefully we really can go back and this time win it all. No matter what happens it is Steelers for life but I have some Patriots fans as friends and I am so tired of hearing it.

I do think that Pittsburgh looked excellent against Philly and not too bad against Atlanta (preseason so take it for what it is worth).

Fire Haley
09-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Of course, there is the Phil Simms curse...

Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
■Steelers at Ravens Date: Sunday, September 11th
■Steelers at Ravens Kickoff Time: 1:00 ET
■Steelers at Ravens TV Network: CBS
■Steelers at Ravens Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

Last 3 times Phil Simms called our game

Week 3, 2009: Pittsburgh at Cincinnati - Loss
Week 11, 2009: Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - Loss
Week 10, 2008: Indianapolis at Pittsburgh - Loss

tanda10506
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM

I hate stats like that. They have nothing to do with the game and have no affect on it whatsoever, but it will stick in the back of your mind all week and all game lol.

solardave
09-07-2011, 04:46 PM
As long as Ben and Troy are healthy and playing, I'm not ascared.

Plus we didn't win. We will be hungry so opponents beware.

solardave
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM

I hate Simms:jerkit: He says stuff like "look,they almost tore Ben's head off but it looked like a clean hit to me. What an asshole!!! Plus he's an idiot.

Fire Haley
09-07-2011, 04:59 PM
I can handle Simms more than some of the hicks they have announcing.

What that little blurb really says is the Steelers haven't rated the #1 CBS crew for almost 2 years - - screw them all.