PDA

View Full Version : Numbers

PhantomJB93
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I know some people might not care about this, but most of our rookies/new players changed their jersey numbers after the cuts.

Cameron Heyward apparently swapped with Jason Worilds for the 97 he wore in college (he wore 95 this preseason). Worilds is now wearing 93.

Marcus Gilbert switched from 65 to 77.

Curtis Brown switched from 40 to 31.

Cortez Allen switched from 39 to Crezdon's vacated 28.

Weslye Saunders switched from 44 to 82.

Jericho Cotchery switched from 82 to 89.

solardave
09-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't care what numbers they wear as long as they wear them proud. I do like Saunders as 82, more like a TE # than 44.

ETL
09-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I heard on profootballtalk.com that they have to reimburse Reebok for any jersey that were printed in their original number that they did not sell. Damn, and I ordered my Wesley Saunders 44 jersey already.

PhantomJB93
09-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I heard on profootballtalk.com that they have to reimburse Reebok for any jersey that were printed in their original number that they did not sell. Damn, and I ordered my Wesley Saunders 44 jersey already.

Yeah I think this will affect a lot of people who bought Heyward jerseys early. I imagine a lot of people probably bought Heyward 95 jerseys as soon as they could, and now they're already outdated before he's even played an NFL down.

Kingmagyar
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Worilds #6 in college gave up 97 to Heyward so Cameron could have his college number. Very nice of him. I wonder if there was some money involved?

Saunders didn't have the same luck getting his college number of 88 so he took 82.

Cotchery got his old number with the Jets when #89 John Gilbert was released.

Marcus Gilbert wore #76 in college but with Hokie around maybe one more year I guess he settled for +1 more at #77.

Allen wore #13 and Brown wore #3. Both #s available but maybe defensive backs can't wear that range of numbers?