PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Maddox

JustJoanne
06-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Has anyone heard why Tommy did not go to the White House with the team yesterday?

I know alot of you out there are Tommy Haters so please forgo all the slights you are tempted to post about him, we've heard them before... I was at the Jacksonville game and saw the Steeler Nation's displeasure with him but it was the same disdain I saw heaped upon Jerome Bettis only two years earlier at a Bengals game when he fumbled at the goal line and was booed off the field.

Tommy was a great mentor/coach to/for Ben and hopefully he will find a place as a QB coach somewhere in the league if he does not get picked up.

83-Steelers-43
06-03-2006, 10:49 AM
No idea why he was not at the ceremonies.

Rumor is he blamed Bush for throwing trash in his yard, the weather and he went on to call out the rest of the Bush administration for his short comings and horrible play this past season....:bouncy:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Has anyone heard why Tommy did not go to the White House with the team yesterday?

I know alot of you out there are Tommy Haters so please forgo all the slights you are tempted to post about him, we've heard them before... I was at the Jacksonville game and saw the Steeler Nation's displeasure with him but it was the same disdain I saw heaped upon Jerome Bettis only two years earlier at a Bengals game when he fumbled at the goal line and was booed off the field.

Tommy was a great mentor/coach to/for Ben and hopefully he will find a place as a QB coach somewhere in the league if he does not get picked up.

Ok about Tommy it wasn't so much that he stunk up the place and lost games for us. It was the fact after the Jax game he came up with sorry excuses and put the blame it seemed on other people and not on himself. Like the fumble in overtime he said he ran into Dan Kreider when clearly you saw he never made contact with Kreider. Then Tommy made the excuse it was windy during the game. If Tommy would have just owned up to his short comings then I would had no problem with Tommy.

William Munney
06-03-2006, 12:01 PM
Tommy was terrible in the Raven and Jag games this year there is no doubt. I'm not sure what happened to him. He just lost it. But I barely remember those games anymore.:smile:

What I try to remember is the 02 season. Especially that playoff comeback against the Browns. That is one of my favorite games of all time. I love watching the replay on NFL game of the week.

Prosdo
06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Ok about Tommy it wasn't so much that he stunk up the place and lost games for us. It was the fact after the Jax game he came up with sorry excuses and put the blame it seemed on other people and not on himself. Like the fumble in overtime he said he ran into Dan Kreider when clearly you saw he never made contact with Kreider. Then Tommy made the excuse it was windy during the game. If Tommy would have just owned up to his short comings then I would had no problem with Tommy.

Exactly!

clevestinks
06-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I don`t want him anymore, but he did seem to be a mentor to Ben, so I am curious why he did not go to Washington!

RoethlisBURGHer
06-03-2006, 03:35 PM
He probally didn't go because he's probally pissed that he was cut from the team.What does he expect when he stinks the joint up when he plays and then instead of being a man and admitting his mistakes he blamed it on other things.He'll get his Super Bowl ring in the mail.

Lyn
06-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I didn't know he did not go. If he didn't I am sure he had his reasons. political or not. He was the parade and I am pretty sure he had a clue he would be cut so I don't think that is the reason.

Hines86Ward
06-03-2006, 05:44 PM
He's the only guy that got booed at the Super Bowl parade.....I think that could've been part in the deciding factor of why he didn't show up.

SteelerzGirl
06-04-2006, 01:00 AM
My family taped the news for me of the Steelers' White House visit while I was away, and WPXI out of Pittsburgh reported that Tommy Maddox informed the Steelers organization that he was "unavailable" for this event. Sounds like yet another excuse to me. :hunch:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
My family taped the news for me of the Steelers' White House visit while I was away, and WPXI out of Pittsburgh reported that Tommy Maddox informed the Steelers organization that he was "unavailable" for this event. Sounds like yet another excuse to me. :hunch:

Hey thats the one thing that Tommy's still good at.

3 to be 4
06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
He was running to catch the bus to the airport, but he missed it on the way by.

SteelShooter
06-04-2006, 03:27 AM

You nailed that one..............dead on! :cooldude:

The previous quotes were correct also. It is the seemingly endless flow of excuses from him. One little flub and his chubby jowls automatically go into overdrive on the sidelines. It really gets me going when I hear his lame reasonings in the sound bites! :whatnow:

Cry me a river Tommy-BOY................ :violin:

Lyn
06-04-2006, 09:12 AM

Good God, isn't that the chance of a lifetime. The guy is a true idiot.

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2006, 03:02 PM

It is not as if he had to worry that W would ask him about the Jax or Ravens games - maybe he had a job interview or was filing for unemployment.

By blowing off a trip to the White House (I bet he does not show to receive his ring today either) Maddox has confirmed his total lack of class.

And for those who say what about his mentoring to Ben, Ed.B. of the P-G has reported repeatedly that there was d**n little mentoring and a lot of bi***ing after Tommy Turnover lost his starting job.

bozz723
06-04-2006, 04:52 PM
I actually respect Tommy more for not going to the white house. I would have declined any opportunity to meet those bitches in the white house.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
:rolleyes: *yawns*

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM

No Clue, he is part of the team to.(Last years that is)

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Maybe he went to the wrong white house?????

SteelerzGirl
06-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I actually respect Tommy more for not going to the white house. I would have declined any opportunity to meet those bitches in the white house.

I think this event has less to do with politics and more to do with the sitting President, whomever that may be, recognizing championship sports teams.

"For years, presidents have traditionally hosted championship teams from all levels of sports. Already this year, Bush has hosted 15 teams, ranging from the 2005 Little League Girls Softball World Series champs, to the University of Texas' national championship football team, to the Sacramento Monarchs, the Women's National Basketball Association champs."

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=16727594&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anyone have any love at all for Maddox?? we did think he was our savior after he dethrowned Kordell!

SteelerzGirl
06-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Does anyone have any love at all for Maddox?? we did think he was our savior after he dethrowned Kordell!

Yea, but that was post-Kordell/pre-Ben (our Super Bowl winning, kickass QB)! :bouncy:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 06:18 PM

Cleve I never had a problem with Tommy until after the Jaqs when he made all those sorry excuses. If Tommy would have just owned up to his own short comings in that game instead of pointing the finger I would have no problem with him.

I will say this though I wish Tommy well. But his time had come and gone with us. That 2002 season he did save us when we started 1-3 with Kordell that year. Plus that was a fun season and he did take to the divisional round of the playoffs that year. That playoff comeback against the Browns I will never forget and is one of my alltime favorite games.

Tommy Maddox had some very good moments with us. So I will always have some good memories of Tommy Maddox's Steelers career.

3 to be 4
06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
I heard that when Tommy heard the about the trip he threw a fit.

It got intercepted.

Indy_Steelers
06-04-2006, 07:24 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: I heard that when Tommy heard the about the trip he threw a fit.

It got intercepted.
:sofunny: :sofunny:

OMG That is good!

SteelShooter
06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
I heard that when Tommy heard the about the trip he threw a fit.

It got intercepted.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now THAT was F U N N Y ! ! !

Steel Pit
06-05-2006, 03:10 AM

What happened to the "Tommy Gun Auto-Maddox" days? LMAO

SteelersMongol
06-07-2006, 04:34 AM
For me, I hated Tommy for screwing up one after another, for a while. I even started to wonder if he was bribed by the other teams. Though I never understood why did Steelers have to replace my favorite Kordell with him from the first place, personally I didn't like Tommy for replacing him.

Then I heard some of our hot headed Steelers fans threw garbage at his lawn, threatened him & his family on the phone, & all other crap. That's when I forgave him. Because, I didn't think any of us had any right to do any crap we pulled. We all have our good days and bad days.

Atlanta Dan
06-07-2006, 07:45 AM
For me, I hated Tommy for screwing up one after another, for a while. I even started to wonder if he was bribed by the other teams. Though I never understood why did Steelers have to replace my favorite Kordell with him from the first place, personally I didn't like Tommy for replacing him.

Then I heard some of our hot headed Steelers fans threw garbage at his lawn, threatened him & his family on the phone, & all other crap. That's when I forgave him. Because, I didn't think any of us had any right to do any crap we pulled. We all have our good days and bad days.

The story about garbage on the lawn and his kids being hassled was made up by the agent for Maddox - Maddox's wife denied the garbage on the lawn or kids getting hassled ever happened.

FYI is a link to a story in the P-G today on Maddox stopping by the Steelers' offices yesterday to pick up his SB ring. Maddox could not make it to the White House last Friday or the team ceremony to get the rings on Sunday due to his "schedule."

What a self-centered, bitter guy - I am delighted he is gone.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06158/696204-66.stm

melroseplace
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
KDKA reported this morning that Tommy stopped by the work out facility on the South Side yesterday to pick up his ring. reportedly he tried out for the PGA tour and was pretty darn close to making it. but unfortunately for Tommy (in more instances than this), almost doesn't count

melroseplace
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
KDKA reported this morning that Tommy stopped by the work out facility on the South Side yesterday to pick up his ring. reportedly he tried out for the PGA tour and was pretty darn close to making it. but unfortunately for Tommy (in more instances than this), almost doesn't count

I just noticed there was a whole thread about this... :dang: my bad

Indy_Steelers
06-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Though I never understood why did Steelers have to replace my favorite Kordell with him from the first place, personally I didn't like Tommy for replacing him.

Not to change this to a Kordell Stewart thread, but am I the only steelers fan to think that Kordell was one of the most everrated QBs ever? I never did like him. I think they Hail Mary he through in the bowl game his senior was the only reason he got drafted. And then he has bashed the Steelers several times since leaving. I hope we retire #10, not because it was worn by a great player but that we remember what a stupid pick that was. And maybe #80 as well.

SteelerzGirl
06-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Not to change this to a Kordell Stewart thread, but am I the only steelers fan to think that Kordell was one of the most everrated QBs ever? I never did like him. I think they Hail Mary he through in the bowl game his senior was the only reason he got drafted. And then he has bashed the Steelers several times since leaving. I hope we retire #10, not because it was worn by a great player but that we remember what a stupid pick that was. And maybe #80 as well.

I liked Slash until he started crying on the sidelines when Coach Cowher benched him. That was a turn off.