PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Post Game Thread

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 03:57 PM
First off Baltimore is not as goodas they played today, also I agree with most of you this defense is aging, this is ridiculous!!!!! James Harrison spelled by Worlis (SP) because he was tired, now in your expert opinions will this be a long year? I believe the blitz scheme has been studied and this may not work anymore, also there is absolutely no pressure from the DL, I really hope that we rebound next week, however I have some serious concerns, your thoughts?

Steel_Bus_24
09-11-2011, 04:01 PM
If we can't stuff the run like we used to, and cut Down Turnovers on O we don't have a prayer.......we'll be battling the Browns and Bengals for the AFCN Basement

mizzouristeeler
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
My thoughts are I wasted my money on Sunday ticket. I got it for the first time this year to watch the steelers. If this game is an omen of whatw to come I need a refund. But I hope to god this was a fluke game.

DanRooney
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
But remember Derrick Mason is like Hines Ward. Replacing him would hurt their offense significantly.

SteelCityMom
09-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I know it's going to be mostly complaints....I've got them too. Please keep them in one spot though.

Think of this as the game goat, bad, ugly and uglier thread.

The only people I think had a half decent game today were Miller, Wallace and Sepulveda. Otherwise, it felt like nobody really showed up at all.

I'm not going to straight up panic...it's only week 1, but better get this stuff fixed quick.

DanRooney
09-11-2011, 04:05 PM
J.Scott baby.

MACH1
09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
But remember Derrick Mason is like Hines Ward. Replacing him would hurt their offense significantly.

Only if we had Gibson, he's a monster.

pancake
09-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Thank god it's over... :puke:

sharkweek
09-11-2011, 04:12 PM
good teams can choke hard and look terrible yet not be doomed, we embarrassed the Ravens just as bad (if not more so with 5 TD passes in one half) only a few years ago and it wasn't like that was an omen for the Ravens that they were on some sort of backslide in the rivalry

heck, does anyone remember several years ago half way through the season in back to back weeks where we not only gave first losses to the Eagles and Patriots respectively, but flat out embarrassed both teams? Pats went on to embarrass us in the Playoffs. Heck, that was the year we went 15-1, and that one loss was a huge beat down from the Ravens...

If this game was in December I'd be concerned, but its not, its the first game of the season, and on the road.

But alas...

THE SKY IS FALLING, EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
J.Scott baby.

The fact that you gloat after one of the worst performances in recent memory proves your nothing but a troll.

Moose
09-11-2011, 04:19 PM
This was a hard game to watch. Thank God it was the 1st week. We were outplayed on offense and defense, and definitely out coached. They had our number and were ready at the kickoff.....game was over within in the first minute. After the first series I could tell what way this game was going to go. We will see them again in November at Heinz, and they know that. Interesting start. ugh

tyesko
Rather have this god aweful performance in september than in january...thats the only positive statement i have....

55BaileyFan
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2011/09/steelers-destroyed-by-baltimore.html

NO defense...I hope it was just the lack of an off season. The Offense SUCKS SO BAD. RUN THE DAMN BALL. We threw 15 times in the first half and only ran 9 times but still only had 60 yards passing to 53 yards rushing.

Please football GODS HELP US get back on track.

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Wow, big money for Troy, a virtual no-show today, as a matter of fact torched for a touchdown by a TE, Woodley big contract, one sack late in the game, hmmmm we may want to re-think our defensive scheme, may not be the #1 defense in the league this year. Offensively, someone needs to tell Ben his honeymoon is over, Arians' play calling sucks once again, Sanders, Wallace and Miller the only Offensive highlights. I beleive next week will tell, lets hope just a bad week, if it looks like this next week we're in serious trouble, anyone else see a possible SB hangover?????

ColoradoSteelerFan
09-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Well...it don't get much worse than that. SIX turnovers. I don't care what else you do in a game, turn the ball over on 6 possessions and you are gonna get destroyed.

What bothers me is the way the defense played. They were embarassed. This isn't supposed to happen to the mighty Steeler defense...the center of everything that is Steeler football. 3rd down conversions over +6 yards over and over. I'm trying hard to convince myself that this was just one game...just one horribly wrong game. But something about this feels like it means more. There is something about this that just feels like a turning point in Steelers history. Maybe the age of the defense has finally caught up. I know...I'm sounding like Chicken Little.

Maybe it was just one game. Gotta pray that this was just one game.

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 04:25 PM
It's a shitty as hell loss and I sure as hell hope the team rebounds or else it's gonna be a long season. Ravens looked good on both sides of the ball so I will acknowledge that. However, it's week one and they won Round 1 last year too. No reason we can't get them when they come to our house in November. Hopefully by then things will be better. I am disappointed but not in panic mode. Just gotta look at this game and learn from mistakes. Can't blame anyone but ourselves.

Chadmagic
09-11-2011, 04:45 PM
it isn't just 1 game! its a division game so it counts more come playoff time!
You have to win your division. How do you do that? Beat the teams in your division! We didn't so the best we can hope for is a split with them. If we both beat the Browns/Bengals in those games, then we have tied in out division. Then our playoff fate is up to other factors such as POINTS for/against, strength of schedule, and common opponents. I don't want my playoff hopes to rest on the shoulders of other teams!

Take control of your own destiny and beat your division rivals. I don't care if you lose all the other games. Beat your division and you are in the playoffs.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
That was ugly.

Its just one game, not going to get overly concerned about it. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't.
We've gotten lit up in Balt before.

CTFan
09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I think you guys got ambushed today and I don't expect the next meeting to play out in such a lopsided fashion. However, the Ravens made major changes in the off season, all of which were done with the Steelers in mind. Your team, OTOH, kept a pat hand and gave out some huge contracts that will have long term consequences. In a way, it's understandable, you have to reward those guys who have done so much, but it's a meter that's going to keep running for a while.

As I see it, the Steelers had a horrible game, the Ravens had a great game, but now the genie is out of the bottle and you'll have a hard time getting it back in.

tanda10506
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
That was ugly.

Its just one game, not going to get overly concerned about it. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't.
We've gotten lit up in Balt before.

Yes we have but that's not why so many our panicking, the problem is the way they beat us. Usually when we lose you can look back and see where bad decisions were made and where schemes failed to change even when they didn't work (screen passes, our D vs Brady which never changes), but none of that was why we lost. We lost cause we were outplayed, physically, you can't really change that. Our corners and LB's where a step behind everybody, at best. The D line is done, they didn't get much rush last year but at least they were excellent against the run, now they are nether.Polamalu was slow and non effective. The O line just flat sucks, you can't change that, they can practice and be sub par but that's at best, they just flat suck. What I'm getting at is the reason we lost isn't correctable. Now there were other reasons that contributed that we can change, I've never seen Ben play that pathetic. I've seen him play bad, but not like a rookie who doesn't even know who is where on the field or senses any pressure. It was horrible watching him this game, I almost felt bad for him he looked so stupid. Now he can pick it back up, it could have been a one game fluke, but he's played poorly in his last two big games (this game was somewhat big) and the questions are going to raise. It's time for him to either step up and be the Ben we saw in the later parts of the 2008 season, or he might go into a downward spiral. I'm not saying that's going to happen, I haven't seen enough this year. Our run looks good but we will continue to allow Arians to not use it and call stupid plays, it can be fixed, fire the piece of sh*t. You don't have that many fans calling for your head if your good or even average, he is horrible, and can contribute poorly enough to make them loose some games this year. WR's have to get open, where Brown and Sanders? Why was Wallace running short hooks and stopping 5-10 yards out? That can be changed but the receivers go to step up. Our passing defense has to play better, even if we are not getting pressure, that doesn't mean as a corner that you just give your guy a cushion every time, ridiculous. LeBeau can not simply keep acting like he's not figured out, I don't like to throw criticism his way, but damn, when teams all start playing one style against you and beating you every time then it's time to do something different, and the blitzes have to change. It all worries me but I think the things to really watch are the defenses performance (pressure and coverage) and Ben. Although to have a winning season all these issues need to be addressed somewhat, the improtant one's are those. If the defense actually is slower and they weren't just outplayed by a team that was ready for them, and/or Ben goes down the "average" road, it's an end of an era.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I think you guys got ambushed today and I don't expect the next meeting to play out in such a lopsided fashion. However, the Ravens made major changes in the off season, all of which were done with the Steelers in mind. Your team, OTOH, kept a pat hand and gave out some huge contracts that will have long term consequences. In a way, it's understandable, you have to reward those guys who have done so much, but it's a meter that's going to keep running for a while.

As I see it, the Steelers had a horrible game, the Ravens had a great game, but now the genie is out of the bottle and you'll have a hard time getting it back in.

The Ravens won a regular season game today. It was equivalent to their SB, a statement game. I see a lot of panic, I see the Steelers had a crappy game. It won't happen all season, I have no reason to panic, I have no reason to think the Steelers won't win the division, and the genie that you speak of has to stay healthy and play like today if they're gonna get past the Steelers in the post season. It's a long season, the Ravens just won their SB, congrats, but they only won a regular season game, let's not act like it was the AFCCG. You bet the same thing won't happen here in November friend.

Drizztbob
09-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I have been a fan and close follower of the Steelers for more than 30 years...this was the worst game I have ever seen them play, and that's saying something since I have seen some horrible games/seasons.

I blame this on lack of preparation and game planning specifically on the coaching staff combined with lack of heart on both sides of the ball. Where were our play makers today?

NO pressure on Flacco, which is the only way to beat this team and him + horrible offensive play calling (thanks once again Bruce) = a brutal beat down on week one to our division rivals.

Let's hope we can right this ship and get an opportunity to take 2 out of 3, but if game play continues in this direction, that may be far cry from reality.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 05:29 PM

What "huge" contracts did we give out that will have long term consequences?

steelbad@50
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM
The Ravens won a regular season game today. It was equivalent to their SB, a statement game. I see a lot of panic, I see the Steelers had a crappy game. It won't happen all season, I have no reason to panic, I have no reason to think the Steelers won't win the division, and the genie that you speak of has to stay healthy and play like today if they're gonna get past the Steelers in the post season. It's a long season, the Ravens just won their SB, congrats, but they only won a regular season game, let's not act like it was the AFCCG. You bet the same thing won't happen here in November friend.

Yep , thats what i keep telling myself, its only one game. So why does it hurt so much? :mad: guess i'm a sore loser.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM

Agreed. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't. Still a long season to play.

NCBlackWolf
09-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Very well said.

Woodley disappointed today. He wasn't playing hard at all. Just don't get it.
If you can't get up for this game, then there is some real issues and hand.
and I love the Beast.

I have been a fan and close follower of the Steelers for more than 30 years...this was the worst game I have ever seen them play, and that's saying something since I have seen some horrible games/seasons.

I blame this on lack of preparation and game planning specifically on the coaching staff combined with lack of heart on both sides of the ball. Where were our play makers today?

NO pressure on Flacco, which is the only way to beat this team and him + horrible offensive play calling (thanks once again Bruce) = a brutal beat down on week one to our division rivals.

Let's hope we can right this ship and get an opportunity to take 2 out of 3, but if game play continues in this direction, that may be far cry from reality.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Almost through the 2nd Q on DVr, lol

Harrison mustve been held 8 times so far, 1 called.

Smith needs a F%$^%^ wheel chair and Kiesel is being schooled. What a waste of 5mill on Smith, thats some CB money or a good OLINE. If Dline lets everything through the LB's cant do their job.

Mcfadden, we shouldnt complain at all, because we all said he sucks.

Spent 200million on LB's and coupons on CB and Oline.

Big ben is not a F#$%^^ pocket passer and it sure seems like that is what they want him to do. He scrambles he makes plays.

Made Flacco look like a haal of fame QB instead of the choker he is.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Yep , thats what i keep telling myself, its only one game. So why does it hurt so much? :mad: guess i'm a sore loser.

LOL, you're jst mad cause of who we lost to, the thuggiest team in the NFL. Harpunk just acted like he won his SB and essentially he did. This was their statement game, tired of being the Steelers red-headed little brother. Anyone who thinks the Ravens can maintain this type of play all season is delusional. The Steelers will be fine and get hot when it counts.

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Bottom line this one hurt, I didn't see a whole lot of heart, I have to wonder if sitting the starters for the last pre-season game worked? That to me IMO leads to rust, lack of game speed and too much confidence as well as arrogance. I think the Steelers heard all the hype about their "weapons", well guess what the "weapons" misfired today. The defense has a long way to go, as a matter of fact if I received a big contract, I would help the team and the salary cap out, I would give my game check back because none of them deserve, just my thoughts!!!!!

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Has Troy come back from the bank yet? I heard he was lte getting to the game to make sure the check cleared before he suited up?

He should give his game day check back too.

Steeldude
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
NO pressure on Flacco, which is the only way to beat this team and him

it's going to be that way for awhile until harrison is back to full strength. i have no faith in woodley being able to do anything without harrison commanding double and triple team

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 05:52 PM
The reason why this one hurts is that it came against our most hated rival. The Ravens played well and we played just as bad. However, there's plenty of time to rebound and there's no reason why this team shouldn't be a playoff team. As for the Ravens and their fans, they have every right to be pleased with their performance today but this is just round 1. They won round one last year and they thought they finally had us since it was at home but then look what happened. I hope the team learns from the defeat and moves on.

harrison'samonster
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow, what a beating. where to begin? The Steelers looked like they took all of the mistakes from the Superbowl and just carried them back onto the field with the rest of the equipment.

I know it's only one game, and against a good team, but come on!

It is only one game, and early in the season too, so I'm not going to panic. I am embarassed.

tanda10506
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
it's going to be that way for awhile until harrison is back to full strength. i have no faith in woodley being able to do anything without harrison commanding double and triple team

Woodley was non existent. He wen't back to coverage quite a bit which probably accounted for his lack of pass rush, but without Harrison the rush will be poor it looks like. Harrison was held 6 times at least in the first half and could have gotten better pressure and possibly a sack on a few of them, but a combo of things need to happen with him: he needs to get to 100% and almost just as important, they have to start calling the holding calls. Nobody can get good pressure when being held, nobody. I think the solution for this year to getting pressure is getting Heyward and Hood in there. Hood can play good and should clearly be playing for Smith, I'm not counting Keisel completely out, but Heyward should be getting some snaps at that spot. Lets see what they can do, I garuantee you it will be better then what was done today. Woodley is a pretty big part of this defense, if he doesn't step up we will suffer, plain and simple.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
ok, into the erd q by a min of the 3rd Q. Legursky has to go, lol.

Holy shit Ngata has schooled him. He is not a starter. Pinch starter sure, but not every down guy.

steelers33
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I know it's only one game but I am still pretty concerned about the season. All the problems that were mentioned about the team showed today. Defense looked old and slow. We desperately need a younger player to step up and take the pressure of these older guys. On the D-line Hood and Heywerd need to step up so they can take snaps off of the old men Kiesel and Smith. Hampton still looks good but he gets breaks on passing downs, and Hoke is a serviceable backup but he is old too. For linebackers Woodley needs to play up to his potential so he can take some pressure of Harrison. It would also be nice to see Sylvester in there to take pressure off the slow Farrior and Foote. Timmons looked good today he'll have a good year. Hopefully Deebo can get healthy but it could be beneficial for Worilds to take some snaps from him as well. I don't really think anyone will step up in the secondary maybe a younger CB will play here and there. We desperately need a youth injection on D. On O we have everything there except for an OL. If that group starts to produce the offense could be very good. Also Ben needs to be less eradicate sometimes 3 picks not good. Only time will tell on this.

solardave
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I watched this game and we were never in it. Their first run was for 36 yards. I didn't see this as the Ravens being so good as I saw us being soooo bad. Yeah they took advantage of opportunities but we handed them right to them. It will go down as a Ravens win but it was we that lost this one. It was a group effort.

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Any changes on the DL would be better than what I saw from Hampton and Smith, please help me figure out why two #1 draft picks see limited to no playing time? Fact of the matter is we have no pressure up front, our secondary other that Ike are in need of an overhaul, if we are going to get throttled then lets get some of these younger guys some experience while getting throttled. Ben needs to come out on fire, whatever happened to the no-huddle offense Ben seems to thrive in? Wait a minute I am a little pre-mature, Arians doesn't like that, what a tool, he is such a tool!!!!

harrison'samonster
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I watched this game and we were never in it. Their first run was for 36 yards. I didn't see this as the Ravens being so good as I saw us being soooo bad. Yeah they took advantage of opportunities but we handed them right to them. It will go down as a Ravens win but it was we that lost this one. It was a group effort.

yeah, we were absolutely terrible. But I have to give credit to the Ravens, especially their defense, they played a complete game.

solardave
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Me too. I started back in the 70's and this one was Ugly. It reminded me of the early 80's when we had no pass rush, no QB and no running back. It was hard being a fan in Knolls last couple of years. Watching Lambert retire because of "Turf Toe". It was the end of a Dynasty. We'll get over it unless today showed who we've become and God I pray that's not true.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 06:42 PM
yeah, we were absolutely terrible. But I have to give credit to the Ravens, especially their defense, they played a complete game.

I'd like to give them the same amount of credit they give us when we win....absolutely none. In fact, I'd like to give them the same amount of respect as their scumbag coach gives us....absolutely none. Hope they enjoy their win cause in the end, I believe it will mean nothing as usual.

Oh yeah and I also hope the Steelers put Thuggs in his rightful place in November, that POS.

ricardisimo
09-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Ward showed up for this game. Brown did not. If you had your way, this game would have been even more lopsided.

ricardisimo
09-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Exactly. Harrison's back is going to be a bigger problem than they're letting on.

NCBlackWolf
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Well what the heck do I know... Woodley named Steelers player of the week according to Steelers Digest.

Very well said.

and I love the Beast.

harrison'samonster
09-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd like to give them the same amount of credit they give us when we win....absolutely none. In fact, I'd like to give them the same amount of respect as their scumbag coach gives us....absolutely none. Hope they enjoy their win cause in the end, I believe it will mean nothing as usual.

Oh yeah and I also hope the Steelers put Thuggs in his rightful place in November, that POS.

that's a good point, and I agree, it'd be nice to give them the same credit. As long as we don't stoop to their level and claim we actually won the game but just lost on the score board.

mikegrimey
09-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Just my general impression of the game. We got dominated on the line of scrimmage at both ends.
In the first half of the game, before it became a full on blowout, we were not stopping Rice or Ricky Williams. In addition to this, we were not getting pressure on Flacco and he was making spot on throws. Flacco looked excellent today, nothing like teh cretin who went into self destruct mode in the playoffs last year.

On the flip side, our offense couldn't give Ben any protection and worse than just being sacks, he was coughing the ball up and made several very questionable throws (the 2 INTs right to Reed and another one that Reed should have picked off in the first half).

Oddly enough we we're running the ball okay at the outset of the game but well behind so quickly that we had to abandon it. Our performance became a straight out farce in the second half as me and my friends started making predictions on how we'd cough the ball up to end the drive.

Basically, it was our worst nightmare as Steelers fans, to be undressed and sodomized in our greatest foe's house... it was humiliating to have the crowd jeering and chanting "Steelers suck".

Our only hope is that this deconstruction will serve as motivation to the guys going forward.
I'm personally a little worried about the defense. It's one thing to get picked apart by Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, but when we are not stopping the run and getting carved up by Flacco, it's cause for concern.

Bthebluehen
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Dear Hines Ward,
Get well soon.
Sincerely,
Don't come across the middle

rgj
09-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I turned this game off after Ray "themurderer" Lewis' interception on the 2nd offensive (yep, 2nd) play in the 2nd half. One game? Of course. I am feeling all sorts of bad vibes about this team. I saw absolutely no heart, no ability, no pride in this team. It was as if this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers suddenly became the Pittsburgh Bozos. They should give the Rooneys back one game's pay. They sure didn't play like the professionals they claim to be. I'm afraid it's gonna be a loooong season. Move over Bengirlies and Brownskids.....make room for the Softies. "Dey no care.....dey soff."

tanda10506
09-11-2011, 07:59 PM
It was as if this edition of the Pittsburgh Steelers suddenly became the Pittsburgh Bozos. They should give the Rooneys back one game's pay.

That's what it was like. They looked so slow, everybody (including myself) is thinking it's due to age, but this is the same team that played in January and February of this very year and didn't look slow. Even when we played poorly against teams (in the SB for example) we didn't look slow. I don't get it, it's been about 7 months older then they were last year.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
That was ugly.

Its just one game, not going to get overly concerned about it. Ravens were ready to play and we weren't. We've gotten lit up in Balt before.

That's precisely the reason to be concerned. We had all offseason to prepare for this game. The lockout was supposed to hurt the younger, less-experienced teams. Hell, the Ravens o-line was just thrown together.

I tell ya - there's something missing with Tomlin. I can't put a finger on it. I think the Steelers recent success has more to do with the quality veteran players he inherited, rather than his own ability to prepare a team for battle.

MACH1
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
That's precisely the reason to be concerned. We had all offseason to prepare for this game. The lockout was supposed to hurt the younger, less-experienced teams. Hell, the Ravens o-line was just thrown together.

I tell ya - there's something missing with Tomlin. I can't put a finger on it. I think the Steelers recent success has more to do with the quality veteran players he inherited, rather than his own ability to prepare a team for battle.

We'll soon find out.

I can understand not being ready for the first preseason game but opening day? It's inexcusable.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 08:20 PM
We'll soon find out.

I can understand not being ready for the first preseason game but opening day? It's inexcusable.

Right. Certainly not the end of the world as we know it, but may be showing the end of this group of winners.

tburhans
09-11-2011, 08:26 PM
The Oline was manhandled by the Ravens Dline giving Ben and the receivers absolutely no time to develop a route and get open. Ben had to rush throws making them off target, and other time the Oline just got blown into the backfield(numerous times by Ngata) and Ravens were able to tip a bunch of passes like the Ray Lewis interception. There were a few throws where i really would like to know where the heck Ben was trying to throw the ball. Rashard was running well early, but falling down 14 early and 21 to 7 at halftime forced us to abandon the run game. And on defense we were manhandled early by the Ravens. 3 plays and a td. 1st play a 40yd run by Rice? come on how many times did anbody get a run that long against us? and all the announcers kept saying was how the Ravens oline hadnt played together yet. Well they looked pretty good throwing keisel and smith around at will. Hampton was by far the only dlinemen that caused any pressure. Harrison looked a step slow and tired, the entire defense looked a step slow. One example that sticks out to me is the TD pass to Dickson where Troy was running right along with him, but he couldnt keep up. Troy didnt look like Troy out there, and James didnt look like James. Ive been watching the Steelers for a long time now, and the team in Baltimore today was not the Steelers at all. Now i dont know if it was a poor week of practice, a poor game plan or just a plain poor game but i know that Tomlin wont let them forget this and a performance this bad wont happen again this year. Luckily we have somewhat of an easy schedule the rest of they way. And when Baltimore returns to Pitt in November the Steelers will be ready:tt04:

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Hello. Good game today, you guys may not be happy about it, but I sure am!

I am not here to brag, gloat or talk about the holes on the Steelers; but I am curious as to what you guys think about Troy Polamalu starting a fight with Ray Rice? I have the utmost respect for him normally (even though I think he's #2 to Ed Reed), but I just thought it was low of him to push Ray Rice a few times when he was at the bottom of the pile, just because the Steelers were getting blown out.

Other than the obvious fights between players like Ed Reed and Hines Ward that almost always happen, you don't see the Ravens players starting fights (by the way, there is a huge difference between a fight and shoving, pushing, etc.) when we've lost countless times to the Steelers in the regular season and the post-season when it really matters. Do you?

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM

I am not here to brag, gloat or talk about the holes on the Steelers; but I am curious as to what you guys think about Troy Polamalu starting a fight with Ray Rice? I have the utmost respect for him normally (even though I think he's #2 to Ed Reed), but I just thought it was low of him to push Ray Rice a few times when he was at the bottom of the pile, just because the Steelers were getting blown out.

Other than the obvious fights between players like Ed Reed and Hines Ward that almost always happen, you don't see the Ravens players starting fights (by the way, there is a huge difference between a fight and shoving, pushing, etc.) when we've lost countless times to the Steelers in the regular season and the post-season when it really matters. Do you?

Hmmm...not here to gloat? But you are to stir the pot? Seriously...the Ravens never start fights?! I was at the game and watched Ray Rice pull Polamalu to the ground by his hair! Talk about a pu $ $y girls locker-room catfight move!

You want to talk game? The Ravens killed the Steelers. You wanna talk thugs? You guys win that one too!

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...not here to gloat? But you are to stir the pot? Seriously...the Ravens never start fights?! I was at the game and watched Ray Rice pull Polamalu to the ground by his hair! Talk about a pu $ $y girls locker-room catfight move!

You want to talk game? The Ravens killed the Steelers. You wanna talk thugs? You guys win that one too!

Someone seems butt-hurt. I asked a simple question. What your gold homer shades may have seen and what everyone else saw on national television is very different. Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, waiting for everyone to get off of him, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice, when Ray Rice got up, he body slammed Troy Polamalu and they started to fight on the ground.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about with thugs and all that bullshit, I'll take a blow-out win over less "thugs".

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Seriously? The Ravens are one of if not THE thuggiest teams out there. Ben's broken nose and a coach that was happy about that? Pulese...you won a regular season game, it was bound to happen. Be excited because it rarely happens and it probably won't happen again this year, but don't be overconfident...it means nothing. BTW Thuggs already making stupid comments to fire up the Steelers in November. Hope he keeps it up,

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Seriously? The Ravens are one of if not THE thuggiest teams out there. Ben's broken nose and a coach that was happy about that? Pulese...you won a regular season game, it was bound to happen. Be excited because it rarely happens and it probably won't happen again this year, but don't be overconfident...it means nothing. BTW Thuggs already making stupid comments to fire up the Steelers in November. Hope he keeps it up,

Ben's broken nose was the result of a defensive lineman having his hands up in the air to block any possible passes and he happened to hit him in the face, like Haloti Ngata did when Ray Lewis got one of three interceptions. Suggs hasn't been fined for any dirty hits or opening his big mouth like James Harrison has, so I don't know why you're calling him "Thuggs", but what can I expect from a homer?

Also, nowhere in my post did I show I was overconfident or gloating. But you're just delusional and pissed off.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Someone seems butt-hurt. I asked a simple question. What your gold homer shades may have seen and what everyone else saw on national television is very different. Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, waiting for everyone to get off of him, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice, when Ray Rice got up, he body slammed Troy Polamalu and they started to fight on the ground.

I'm also not sure what you're talking about with thugs and all that bullshit, I'll take a blow-out win over less "thugs".

I'm sorry - didn't you just inform the rest of us that "pushing isn't fighting?" So, Troy pushes poor wittle Way Wice & litte Way Wice body slams Troy? Who started the fight? Remember, pushing isn't fighting. Your rules. Not mine.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Ben's broken nose was the result of a defensive lineman having his hands up in the air to block any possible passes and he happened to hit him in the face, like Haloti Ngata did when Ray Lewis got one of three interceptions. Suggs hasn't been fined for any dirty hits or opening his big mouth like James Harrison has, so I don't know why you're calling him "Thuggs", but what can I expect from a homer?

Also, nowhere in my post did I show I was overconfident or gloating. But you're just delusional and pissed off.

Pissed off - yes. Delusional? No more than you are coming on here and expecting us to welcome your crap with open arms. Go away. Come back when you win your next Super Bowl.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM

Sweetheart, not delusional or angry, why would I be? It was a regular season game, nothingmore, nothing less. You come on here and ask about a Troy being dirty without coming out and saying it. Your team is and has always been dirty. Were you on the bottom of the pile? Do you know exactly what happened? No, but yet you come here on a Steelers board and ask this dumb-ass question. Go back to your board and relish in your SB victory like the rest of your fanbase.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry - didn't you just inform the rest of us that "pushing isn't fighting?" So, Troy pushes poor wittle Way Wice & litte Way Wice body slams Troy? Who started the fight? Remember, pushing isn't fighting. Your rules. Not mine.

Okay, do I need to link the video?

Lots of offensive lineman and defensive lineman continue to push each other after plays and wide receivers and cornerbacks continue to "jam" or push each other after plays, but this was a lot different. Troy Polamalu went out of his way to push Ray Rice while he was already down on his back, long after the play and probably exchanged words with him as well. But you're just an angry homer, so I'll disregard any of your posts unless you'll stop posting angry and just answer the question.

Also, considering Ray Rice is a much better running back and a much better American than Rashard Mendenhall, you should probably show some respect, especially after he put up 150+ all-purpose yards on your #1 rushing defense.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Lots of offensive lineman and defensive lineman continue to push each other after plays and wide receivers and cornerbacks continue to "jam" or push each other after plays, but this was a lot different. Troy Polamalu went out of his way to push Ray Rice while he was already down on his back, long after the play and probably exchanged words with him as well. But you're just an angry homer, so I'll disregard any of your posts unless you'll stop posting angry and just answer the question.

Also, considering Ray Rice is a much better running back and a much better American than Rashard Mendenhall, you should probably show some respect, especially after he put up 150+ all-purpose yards on your #1 rushing defense.

LOL, respect? Your team's fanbase, especially head coach, has showed no respect for this opponent. You're laughable, respect? Really? They haven't earned any of that just yet. WOW, one regular season win and suddenly they're all talk, LOL!!! Can't wait until November.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Sweetheart, not delusional or angry, why would I be? It was a regular season game, nothingmore, nothing less. You come on here and ask about a Troy being dirty without coming out and saying it. Your team is and has always been dirty. Were you on the bottom of the pile? Do you know exactly what happened? No, but yet you come here on a Steelers board and ask this dumb-ass question. Go back to your board and relish in your SB victory like the rest of your fanbase.

Whatever. You're clearly not understanding that I don't give a shit about the fact that the Ravens completely owned your precious Steelers, I asked a simple question about what you guys thought about Troy Polamalu always being a class act in a win and usually even in a loss, but this time when they're losing, he goes out of his way to start a fight.

Also, tape doesn't lie; but a opposing fan's perspective from a game can. I am also not one of those Ravens fans that think just because we won in Week 1, we have the best team of all-time and we're going to win the Super Bowl, but keep making assumptions and making yourself look like an ass.

I don't see the Ravens getting voted for Top 5 Dirtiest Players in the NFL or getting fined left and right, so your perception of dirty and the majority of everyone else's must be very different.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
LOL, respect? Your team's fanbase, especially head coach, has showed no respect for this opponent. You're laughable, respect? Really? They haven't earned any of that just yet. WOW, one regular season win and suddenly they're all talk, LOL!!! Can't wait until November.

You're really bad at answering questions, aren't you? Ray Rice has played well against the Steelers and is almost always a Top 5 Running Back in the NFL. Granted you may not have any respect for him, the majority of fans that can look past the fact of what player a team is on can. I am guessing you're 15 or 16? Because you're extremely immature.

jimmy jr
09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
This is football. People get pushed, noses get broken. Get over it.

I'm looking forward to the next match-up. I was pretty impressed with how well McKinnie handle Harrison. I can't remember the last time I've seen Flacco with that much time in the pocket. Didn't get to watch Woodley and Oher as closely, but judging from the stats, Woodley was a non-factor much of the game as well.

In short, lack of pass-rush doomed you guys.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM

What question would that be d-bag? Do I think Troy is a dirty player? You are an absolute moron. Answer your own damn question. And then....find the door.

steelerschik
Whatever. You're clearly not understanding that I don't give a shit about the fact that the Ravens completely owned your precious Steelers, I asked a simple question about what you guys thought about Troy Polamalu always being a class act in a win and usually even in a loss, but this time when they're losing, he goes out of his way to start a fight.

Also, tape doesn't lie; but a opposing fan's perspective from a game can. I am also not one of those Ravens fans that think just because we won in Week 1, we have the best team of all-time and we're going to win the Super Bowl, but keep making assumptions and making yourself look like an ass.

I don't see the Ravens getting voted for Top 5 Dirtiest Players in the NFL or getting fined left and right, so your perception of dirty and the majority of everyone else's must be very different.

Again, you come on a Steelers board and ask about Troy. Did the film get what happened at the bottom of the pile? Did it show Troy absolutely without a doubt started anything or the greatest American ever, Ray Rice, did or said something? Why would you even come here with that kind of crap? In all honesty, I find it very hard to believe Troy started anything. Not that kind of person. Show me the film that shows Troy started something with the great American without doubt then ask that stupid question. The real question is if the Ravens would have lost, would you even be here asking such a dumb-ass question?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
This is football. People get pushed, noses get broken. Get over it.

I'm looking forward to the next match-up. I was pretty impressed with how well McKinnie handle Harrison. I can't remember the last time I've seen Flacco with that much time in the pocket.

So am I. I don't get how now "it was just a regular season game", but "you can't wait for the next 'regular season' match-up" (referring to what the others have said)? That makes no sense.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
You're really bad at answering questions, aren't you? Ray Rice has played well against the Steelers and is almost always a Top 5 Running Back in the NFL. Granted you may not have any respect for him, the majority of fans that can look past the fact of what player a team is on can. I am guessing you're 15 or 16? Because you're extremely immature.

Like I care how old you think I am. I'm not the one on a Ravens board asking dumb-ass questions. I guess that has to make you about 12. :noidea:

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Again, you come on a Steelers board and ask about Troy. Did the film get what happened at the bottom of the pile? Did it show Troy absolutely without a doubt started anything or the greatest American ever, Ray Rice, did or said something? Why would you even come here with that kind of crap? In all honesty, I find it very hard to believe Troy started anything. Not that kind of person. Show me the film that shows Troy started something with the great American without doubt then ask that stupid question. The real question is if the Ravens would have lost, would you even be here asking such a dumb-ass question?

Damn, I've never seen someone with such a bad attiude from a simple question. You're seriously taking this way too personally, I just asked a simple question and you're getting noticeably pissed off. You're resorting to mocking me and taking shots at the Ravens that have been nothing but a classy organization (so have the Steelers). It's a heated rivalry, but to me Troy Polamalu went out of his way to start something with Ray Rice, which isn't like him.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Like I care how old you think I am. I'm not the one on a Ravens board asking dumb-ass questions. I guess that has to make you about 12. :noidea:

You're just proving my point with every foolish post you make.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Damn, I've never seen someone with such a bad attiude from a simple question. You're seriously taking this way too personally, I just asked a simple question and you're getting noticeably pissed off. You're resorting to mocking me and taking shots at the Ravens that have been nothing but a classy organization (so have the Steelers). It's a heated rivalry, but to me Troy Polamalu went out of his way to start something with Ray Rice, which isn't like him.

And again I will ask you to post footage of why you think it was Troy who started something. Not taking anything personally sweetheart, but you come on a Steelers board asking about Troy being essentially dirty. Unreal. BTW, the only thing "classy" about the Ravens is Art Modell's relationship with Art Rooney. that's as far as class goes there. Please don't compare these two organizations, there is none.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
You're just proving my point with every foolish post you make.

Sigh, can't you just get it? No one is going to "answer" your question the way you want to hear it. Post the video or link and we'll go from there. I want to see the bottom of the pile where Troy started a fight, that's all I'm asking for.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Please don't compare these two organizations, there is none.

Wow!

You do realize football is a game right? You should try being a less shitty person sometime and stop acting like you are a part of the team. They are very compareable organizations if you aren't a bitchy homer.

What makes you or the Steelers so much more superior to Ravens? Please tell me?

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow!

You do realize football is a game right? You should try being a less shitty person sometime and stop acting like you are a part of the team. They are very compareable organizations if you aren't a bitchy homer.

What makes you or the Steelers so much more superior to Ravens, please tell me?

Video or link, that's all that is required from you. I want to see what you saw. You are more than free to leave the board if you're not satisfied with the responses you're getting.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Video or link, that's all that is required from you. I want to see what you saw. You are more than free to leave the board if you're not satisfied with the responses you're getting.

Video Link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d822242db/Steelers-Ravens-scuffle)

Also, you didn't respond to my question without attacking me, the Ravens or saying how it was "just a regular season game", infact you didn't even answer the question whether you agreed to it or not, but clearly you don't understand...

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:19 PM

Tell ya what. I'll post the video of Way Wice getting pushed by Troy, who happens to be beneath the Great American in the pile.

Yeah, looks like Troy started it.....:bs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYtMyfhNVg

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Video Link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d822242db/Steelers-Ravens-scuffle)

Also, you didn't respond to my question without attacking me, the Ravens or saying how it was "just a regular season game", infact you didn't even answer the question whether you agreed to it or not, but clearly you don't understand...

Hey dip-$ hit....if you weren't wearing your purple homer-glasses you could see that Troy was trying to strip the ball out of Ray's hands. You're pathetic.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:24 PM

Watched the video. That's the play Ike Taylor got flagged. While I agree with the penalty on Taylor, I also could see Oher mouthing off. Taylor should have contained himself, but he didn't and paid the price. I saw Troy trying to take the ball away. I saw #77 Ravens push Troy. I couldn't hear or see what Rice did, but didn't look like Troy started anything. Although looking at that video again, Ike wasn't the only one that deserved a penalty, #77 should have got one. So to answer your question that I clearly don't get...no, it did not appear Troy did anything to prompt what happened, I saw Troy throwing no punches or start any kind of fight, but did see #77 shove Troy. I'm sure there were lots of words going on, typical, but nothing dirty from Troy. Did you get your answer now?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Tell ya what. I'll post the video of Way Wice getting pushed by Troy, who happens to be beneath the Great American in the pile.

Yeah, looks like Troy started it.....:bs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYtMyfhNVg

Man... You do realize that, that is the after Troy Polamalu pushed him twice while he was at the bottom of the pile? Look at my video, then look at your "Youtube" video that isn't even the full length, you can clearly tell.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey dip-$ hit....if you weren't wearing your purple homer-glasses you could see that Troy was trying to strip the ball out of Ray's hands. You're pathetic.

Also, the play was dead for the longest time; but since you can't come up with anything but insults to back yourself up, I'll just disregard your idiotic statements and opinions.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:27 PM

Since we are playing...ask stupid questions...here's one for you...

Why are you here? Do you genuinely want to get into honest football discourse with Steeler fans? Or are you here because you guys kicked our butts today & you want to be a ****y p.o.s?

19ward86
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
All i can say is start prepping for seattle. That is all that is important right now

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Since we are playing...ask stupid questions...here's one for you...

Why are you here? Do you genuinely want to get into honest football discourse with Steeler fans? Or are you here because you guys kicked our butts today & you want to be a ****y p.o.s?

Do you think you're an internet tough guy or something? I have genuine respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and for most of their fans and I came here to discuss football. But I guess I can't without getting attacked, insulted or you guys attempt to take shots at the Ravens organization and fail miserably.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Do you think you're an internet tough guy or something? I have genuine respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and for most of their fans and I came here to discuss football. But I guess I can't without getting attacked, insulted or you guys attempt to take shots at the Ravens organization and fail miserably.

I answered your question on page 8. Did you read it or push it aside because it's not the answer you're looking for. Because quite honestly, your #77 looked more in the wrong than Troy did.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Also, the play was dead for the longest time; but since you can't come up with anything but insults to back yourself up, I'll just disregard your idiotic statements and opinions.

I don't need to back myself up. The video evidence shows that Troy was trying to strip the ball away. Let me help you out here......he wasn't "pushing" Ray Rice.

And, you are the idiot for coming onto a Steelers forum & asking fans if we think Troy is dirty. So...like I said as an eyewitness to the scuffle...Ray Rice started the fight by pulling Troy's hair.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't need to back myself up. The video evidence shows that Troy was trying to strip the ball away. Let me help you out here......he wasn't "pushing" Ray Rice.

And, you are the idiot for coming onto a Steelers forum & asking fans if we think Troy is dirty. So...like I said as an eyewitness to the scuffle...Ray Rice started the fight by pulling Troy's hair.

You're wrong though, I would admit it if you were right.

Watch the "Official" NFL video, not some edited, short Youtube video and you can clearly see that Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice. Everyone got off the pile and Ray Rice grabbed Troy Polamalu and slammed him to the ground and they continued to scuffle.

You're extremely disrespectful and I assume it's hard for you to talk to people in real life, since you can't even talk to someone without being a douchebag over the internet.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM

Tough guy? Me? Who decided to show up on our forum and ask stupid questions about one of the most generous up-standing citizens our team has had in recent memory?! Forgive me if your hubris pisses me off a bit!!

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
You're wrong though, I would admit it if you were right.

You aren't though, watch the "Official" NFL video, not some edited, short Youtube video and you can clearly see that Ray Rice was at the bottom of the pile, Troy Polamalu pushed him down twice. Everyone got off the pile and Ray Rice grabbed Troy Polamalu and slammed him to the ground and they continued to scuffle.

You're extremely disrespectful and I assume it's hard for you to talk to people in real life, since you can't even talk to someone without being a douchebag over the internet.

I watched your video and like I've said twice now......YOU ARE WRONG. TROY DIDN'T PUSH RAY, HE WAS TRYING TO PULL THE BALL OUT OF HIS ARMS.

Now, did you hear it that time?

By the way, I make my living talking to people. And, I'm doing just fine. Thanks for your concern.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Tough guy? Me? Who decided to show up on our forum and ask stupid questions about one of the most generous up-standing citizens our team has had in recent memory?! Forgive me if your hubris pisses me off a bit!!

Did you see me calling you a dip-shit, dumb-ass, asshole, idiot, etc. prior to you being insulting me for no reason? Lots of people have up-standing citizens in their communities, cities, towns and teams. I am NOT saying Troy Polamalu is a dirty player, I never did. I asked about your opinion as to why Troy Polamalu reacted that way too a loss, when he's normally one of the most classy, humble players in the NFL.

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Trolls, Trolls, Trolls, may I ask in the last five years how many Super Bowl's have you won or been to for that matter. Let me answer for you, none, so instead of kissing Flacco's ass, maybe you should change your screen name to Trent Dilfer, the only one who knows how to win in Baltimore. You are already here talking smack, now remember one thing, oh yes, your team will have to come to Pittsburgh real soon, also it is a long season, pray, hope, wish or do whatever it is you do that your team can remain injury free. See we have learned to play through adversity, although this game is a set back, the Steelers will rebound, that you can be sure of. :tt04:

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:40 PM
I watched your video and like I've said twice now......YOU ARE WRONG. TROY DIDN'T PUSH RAY, HE WAS TRYING TO PULL THE BALL OUT OF HIS ARMS.

Now, did you hear it that time?

By the way, I make my living talking to people. And, I'm doing just fine. Thanks for your concern.

OMG, I watched the video more than that, had my son come in and look at it, my husband and my dog and no one saw what he saw. Troy was going after the ball, not Ray Rice. #77 went after Troy. Blind side shoots off his mouth and Ike loses his temper. Typical Ravens shooting their mouths off, Steelers need to let that crap go. They've always been all mouth. Again, Troy going after the ball and Ray Rice saying God only knows what ...there it is.

fer522
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
baltimore kicked our ass fair and square
they showed up and we did not and that's the end of that

now we need to get ready for our next game

hopfully everybody is gonna show up this time

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Did you see me calling you a dip-shit, dumb-ass, asshole, idiot, etc. prior to you being insulting me for no reason? Lots of people have up-standing citizens in their communities, cities, towns and teams. I am NOT saying Troy Polamalu is a dirty player, I never did. I asked about your opinion as to why Troy Polamalu reacted that way too a loss, when he's normally one of the most classy, humble players in the NFL.

Make you a deal...when I show up on your Ravens forum after we kick your asses & start asking stupid questions about why Ed Reed was being "mean to us", you can call me all the mean little names you want.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Trolls, Trolls, Trolls, may I ask in the last five years how many Super Bowl's have you won or been to for that matter. Let me answer for you, none, so instead of kissing Flacco's ass, maybe you should change your screen name to Trent Dilfer, the only one who knows how to win in Baltimore. You are already here talking smack, now remember one thing, oh yes, your team will have to come to Pittsburgh real soon, also it is a long season, pray, hope, wish or do whatever it is you do that your team can remain injury free. See we have learned to play through adversity, although this game is a set back, the Steelers will rebound, that you can be sure of. :tt04:

What are you going on about? Where was I talking about Super Bowls or winning, ever in this thread? Just shows how arrogant you are. Did you ever win a Super Bowl? No. The Pittsburgh Steelers did. How long have the Baltimore Ravens been in existance? 15 years. How long have the Pittsburgh Steelers been in existance? 78 years. I don't see your point about Super Bowls or how they're relevant to this discussion.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:44 PM
OMG, I watched the video more than that, had my son come in and look at it, my husband and my dog and no one saw what he saw. Troy was going after the ball, not Ray Rice. #77 went after Troy. Blind side shoots off his mouth and Ike loses his temper. Typical Ravens shooting their mouths off, Steelers need to let that crap go. They've always been all mouth. Again, Troy going after the ball and Ray Rice saying God only knows what ...there it is.

Is the entire Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers team mic'd up and I didn't know about it? I don't know how you could have possibly heard what they said, but once again you're making really, really, really bad assumptions.

StainlessStill

Pretty much. It's not like we never lost before, lmao. I love when we lose in a certain way and people just fly off the handle. It's too much for them to handle and they don't understand 1 game doesn't make up an entire season. I'm sure we understand our fault. We let this one get out of hand, so be it. Baltimore played their best. Us? Our worst.

Once we regroup and not turn the ball over so many times then we can go out and actually play our game. Until then, back to the drawing board. Nothing wrong with a nice ass whooping sometimes for the long term.

SteeleReign

preach it, brotha...

davidtrout
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
The fact that you gloat after one of the worst performances in recent memory proves your nothing but a troll.

Haven't read through the rest of the thread yet but, wholeheartedly agree with this!

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Make you a deal...when I show up on your Ravens forum after we kick your asses & start asking stupid questions about why Ed Reed was being "mean to us", you can call me all the mean little names you want.

See... that's the problem. I am not nearly as disrespectful and immature as you are and when a Pittsburgh Steelers fan shows up on a Raven's forum, I don't instantly attack them, insult them and act like a tough-guy douchebag.

hitman78
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
This was definitely one of the hardest games to watch in recent memory. They looked totally flat out there, save for Sanders and at times, Mendenhall.

I couldn't help but have negative thoughts regarding the rest of the season, but had to push those thoughts back. It's game one, they'll go back and look to correct their mistakes, and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks, most of all November 6th.

i82much
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
What are you going on about? Where was I talking about Super Bowls or winning, ever in this thread? Just shows how arrogant you are. Did you ever win a Super Bowl? No. The Pittsburgh Steelers did. How long have the Baltimore Ravens been in existance? 15 years. How long have the Pittsburgh Steelers been in existance? 78 years. I don't see your point about Super Bowls or how they're relevant to this discussion.

Cmon dude. I'm a ravens fan and you are just playing a silly game where you troll and couch it in "classy" language. It's like telling your girlfriend "how come you look so fat in that dress when you're usually good looking." Just stop.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:47 PM

Also, just to point out even more of how much you're an idiot. Where did I ever mention Joe Flacco, ever? Ever? Ever? Nowhere. Please, go back to bed, child.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:48 PM

So are you ok with #77, who is that anyway, pushing Troy when Troy pushed no one? Troy's hands were clearly on the ball, by your video, not on Ray Rice. Do you think he didn't hear the whistle maybe? Do you think maybe he thought he could strip the ball away while still in play thinking it was still in play? Do you know what Oher (off sides every single damn play) said to Ike Taylor? Are you ok with that even though the Ravens were clearly winning this game. They just couldn't keep their mouths shut as usual. Bottom line is no one knows how it started, but it didn't look like Troy "started" anything.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Cmon dude. I'm a ravens fan and you are just playing a silly game where you troll and couch it in "classy" language. It's like telling your girlfriend "how come you look so fat in that dress when you're usually good looking." Just stop.

How am I trolling? I didn't mention Super Bowls or Joe Flacco once, yet this idiot goes on about asking how many Super Bowls we've won in the past 5 years and how I should stop kissing Joe Flacco's ass. Immaturity at it's finest.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
See... that's the problem. I am not nearly as disrespectful and immature as you are and when a Pittsburgh Steelers fan shows up on a Raven's forum, I don't instantly attack them, insult them and act like a tough-guy douchebag.

Give me a break with your little nice-guy act. You came here on false pretenses & your video evidence proved you wrong. Admit it & we can move on.

hitman78
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Why would a Ravens' fan come here? What good could come of that?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Bottom line is no one knows how it started, but it didn't look like Troy "started" anything.

Thank you, finally.

You don't know how it started, so how can you say they're always mouthing off?

And that's all I asked for. To you it didn't look like Troy Polamalu started anything, to me it did. Also, if Michael Oher was off-sides "every damn play" it would have been called at least once, but I am sure the Ravens are cheaters, classless and all that...

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Give me a break with your little nice-guy act. You came here on false pretenses & your video evidence proved you wrong. Admit it & we can move on.

My video evidence didn't prove me wrong. Who comes down with that much force, when to strip the ball you have to pull up; not push down? That makes no sense.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
My video evidence didn't prove me wrong. Who comes down with that much force, when to strip the ball you have to pull up; not push down? That makes no sense.

Troy was pulling up. Pretty clear.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Thank you, finally.

You don't know how it started, so how can you say they're always mouthing off?

And that's all I asked for. To you it didn't look like Troy Polamalu started anything, to me it did. Also, if Michael Oher was off-sides "every damn" play it would have been called at least once, but I am sure the Ravens are cheaters, classless and all that...

So that's all you asked for on a Steelers forum? Yet you disagree with the answer anyway, LOL. You can see Oher mouthing off. How do you know they didn't? Well who would have seen that coming..a Steelers fan saying no foul and a Ravens fan saying foul? Wow. BTW, it's your team, fanbase and probably the most whiniest coach I have witnessed in my 30+ years of watching football who are constantly and always making excuses for their losses, it's always the refs fault (cause you know Steelers cheat) and Hines is dirty cause he hits too hard. I answer your question and you still go on, unreal.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Troy was pulling up. Pretty clear.

Pretty clear to you. I see him coming down with a lot of force, then pulling up to come down with a lot of force again. Nowhere do I see him trying to grab the ball or wrestle it out of Ray Rice's hands.

steelers33
09-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Alright Ravens fan we get it. You guys outplayed us and we all understand that. One game though and we'll play again later in the season when it matters most. Move on.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
So that's all you asked for on a Steelers forum? Yet you disagree with the answer anyway, LOL. You can see Oher mouthing off. How do you know they didn't? Well who would have seen that coming..a Steelers fan saying no foul and a Ravens fan saying foul? Wow. BTW, it's your team, fanbase and probably the most whiniest coach I have witnessed in my 30+ years of watching football who are constantly and always making excuses for their losses, it's always the refs fault (cause you know Steelers cheat) and Hines is dirty cause he hits too hard. I answer your question and you still go on, unreal.

You're generalizing a lot of Baltimore Ravens fans for a slim amount that blame the game on penalties, call the Steelers cheaters, etc. You didn't answer my question, and who knows what Oher said. You can't speak without it being trash talking now? What if Oher was saying "Good game Ike. You came to play, but the rest of your team didn't."? YOU do not know, but you're making assumptions.

MACH1
I see him coming down with a lot of force, then pulling up to come down with a lot of force again.

Must be talking about your boyfriend.

SteeleReign
Pretty clear to you. I see him coming down with a lot of force, then pulling up to come down with a lot of force again. Nowhere do I see him trying to grab the ball or wrestle it out of Ray Rice's hands.

Well, then we are clearly at an impasse. How about this? The video doesn't clearly indicate what happened either way, right? So, based on the kind of person & player we both know Troy to be, let's assume he didn't do anything dirty? Will that work for you?

jimmy jr
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Some of you people act like you've never seen a Ravens vs Steelers game before. Shit tends to get nasty as you have two of the hardest hitting teams in the NFL going at it. There is no Tom Brady rule here, this is real football.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, then we are clearly at an impasse. How about this? The video doesn't clearly indicate what happened either way, right? So, based on the kind of person & player we both know Troy to be, let's assume he didn't do anything dirty? Will that work for you?

Thanks for a response without taking shots at myself or the Ravens. I KNOW Troy isn't a dirty player, but this time I felt what he did was a bit out of line. Nobody is perfect.

HAWK
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Some of you people act like you've never seen a Ravens vs Steelers game before. Shit tends to get nasty as you have two of the hardest hitting teams in the NFL going at it. There is no Tom Brady rule here, this is real football.

Agreed. And it continues here. Stop acting like children already. We lost. Let's move on.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Must be talking about your boyfriend.

Good one. You're really funny and mature.

HAWK
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks for a response without taking shots at myself or the Ravens. I KNOW Troy isn't a dirty player, but this time I felt what he did was a bit out of line. Nobody is perfect.

You guys won. Congrats! Now let's all move on to the next game (which isn't a Balt/Pitt game unless I'm mistaken) and stop acting like little girls.

HAWK
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Good one. You're really funny and mature.

Ok, fine. Some people act like children. Everyone's a bada$$ on the internet. How about you stop baiting and responding like a victim?

Again, let's all move on.

SteelCityMom
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

Exactly...and no matter the player, things can always get a little messy.

Who cares who started it? Players on both sides have started it plenty of times before...and they'll do it plenty of times in the future.

Despite the whooping today, these are still some of my all time favorite matchups to watch.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM
You're generalizing a lot of Baltimore Ravens fans for a slim amount that blame the game on penalties, call the Steelers cheaters, etc. You didn't answer my question, and who knows what Oher said. You can't speak without it being trash talking now? What if Oher was saying "Good game Ike. You came to play, but the rest of your team didn't."? YOU do not know, but you're making assumptions.

Oh I' m so bored with this and have to get off this. I did answer your question. It's not the answer you wanted. I can pretty safely assume Michael Oher didn't say "gee whiz, good game, better luck next time." LOL. And for the record, Harbaugh is one of the most classeless POSs I've ever witnessed, and I have witnessed John Madden during the 70s as well as Bum Phillips and Buddy Ryan and I have never witnessed a coach who can not give his #1 rival due when they deserve it. All he does is make excuse after excuse and that trickles down to his players. Dude, as much as I love this rivalry, I can't stand your team, organization, coach or fan base. I have never had a positive experience in Baltimore or with any of their fans. You came on this board, asked a question, we viewed the video, told you what you saw and you're not happy. Sorry, but it is what it is, take it or leave it.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 10:05 PM

Okay, but you are on a Steelers forum making negative assumptions. You don't know what happened any more that I do, but you came here asking your inflammatory question. What did you expect?

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Exactly...and no matter the player, things can always get a little messy.

Who cares who started it? Players on both sides have started it plenty of times before...and they'll do it plenty of times in the future.

Despite the whooping today, these are still some of my all time favorite matchups to watch.

Agreed. I love these match-ups and I am really looking forward to the game in Pittsburgh. I know it won't be the same result, but I am hoping for a Ravens win by 3 to 6.

Both teams have easy schedules, and I think the Ravens could win all of their games up to Week 9 (we have the Jets number, we're 6 - 0 against them, in the past 6 games).

This is being completely honest and I don't want to piss anyone off, but you guys WILL win every game up until Week 8 when you guys play the Patriots and that'll be a close one, who knows who will come out on top.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Okay, but you are on a Steelers forum making negative assumptions. You don't know what happened any more that I do, but you came here asking your inflammatory question. What did you expect?

I expected a response where I wouldn't be attacked or insulted for no reason. The majority of your posts were filled with uneccessary profanity and no person or team is perfect, making a negative assumption that is not 100% off is a crime or something here?

SteelCityMom
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Agreed. I love these match-ups and I am really looking forward to the game in Pittsburgh. I know it won't be the same result, but I am hoping for a Ravens win by 3 to 6.

Both teams have easy schedules, and I think the Ravens could win all of their games up to Week 9 (we have the Jets number, we're 6 - 0 against them, in the past 6 games).

This is being completely honest and I don't want to piss anyone off, but you guys WILL win every game up until Week 8 when you guys play the Patriots and that'll be a close one, who knows who will come out on top.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about the season yet. If they're still playing like this in week 3 and 4, then I'll be worried.

I hope they get a little bit of redemption against the Patriots. That would be the biggest confidence booster of them all. We'll see though.

I expect both teams to make the playoffs though...barring total team collapses...which I guess most would say is possible or is happening to the Steelers. I'm not one to pronounce them dead yet though.

StainlessStill
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Like I said, nothing went right, which makes me excited to know that the worst has been seen and the best is yet to come. A good, humbling ass-whooping is sometimes needed. It's good it happened this early.

This Steelers team is too persistent to let a game like this happen again, it's just not in the cards. 7 turnovers, 3 in the redzone and 3 straight to start the second half. I agree with everything you said. The Steelers looked as putrid as I've ever seen them but I assure you, when things go right and when the team isn't committing 7 turnovers and running around not knowing what their doing, it'll be a much better performance and they'll start playing what their capable of.

If this was Week 9 or so, I'd be a nervous and panicked wreck, but the entire team didn't show up. Coaching can change that. If that performance continues 3,4 weeks down the road, so be it, I'd truly be disgusted but this was just one game to where everything was chaos. Every team is capable of at least a couple sleepers, like Cleveland owning New England and New Orleans last season.

That's football sometimes, things can get out of hand quick. I don't expect that performance to carry over and continue. That's just as bad as it gets.

If haters expect the Steelers to lose like that every week then you're dreamin.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I'm not too worried about the season yet. If they're still playing like this in week 3 and 4, then I'll be worried.

I hope they get a little bit of redemption against the Patriots. That would be the biggest confidence booster of them all. We'll see though.

I expect both teams to make the playoffs though...barring total team collapses...which I guess most would say is possible or is happening to the Steelers. I'm not one to pronounce them dead yet though.

If the Steelers do beat the Patriots before they play the Ravens, I'd be a bit worried. I think the Patriots are vastly improved on Defense and they'll always be good on Offense with Tom Brady under center, so if the Steelers win that's a huge confidence boost and a great test to see how much they've improved.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I expected a response where I wouldn't be attacked or insulted for no reason. The majority of your posts were filled with uneccessary profanity and no person or team is perfect, making a negative assumption that is not 100% off is a crime or something here?

Sorry I didn't meet your expectations Dad. You're just acting very naive to ask that question on a Steelers site in the way you did and expect roses and ponies.

I spent all afternoon surrounded by Ravens fans giving me crap & then I get on here and read your post. Just hit me the wrong way I guess...

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
If the Steelers do beat the Patriots before they play the Ravens, I'd be a bit worried. I think the Patriots are vastly improved on Defense and they'll always be good on Offense with Tom Brady under center, so if the Steelers win that's a huge confidence boost and a great test to see how much they've improved.

If we are to beat the Pats we'll need to improve vastly too. Not sure how. It may be time to get the young DBs going. O-line must play better too.

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
If we're going to beat the Pats, we need nice, long, substained drives and to cause Brady to make mistakes. Tough task but not impossible. I really do want to see our young db's stepping up in the next game though. You gotta hope that one of them will look like a potential starter since Ike Taylor ain't getting any younger though Ike did well today.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
If we are to beat the Pats we'll need to improve vastly too. Not sure how. It may be time to get the young DBs going. O-line must play better too.

Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Personally, I think the Steelers should have drafted a sure-fire starter at Cornerback like Aaron Williams or Ras-I Dowling. I know 4th and 5th rounders can be good and even great, but it takes time more times than it doesn't. The only reason I think they should have picked a Cornerback higher is because they were Super Bowl runner-ups and could repeat, if they got better at the one thing they mainly had a problem with; containing the pass.

3rd and 4th but your point is fair. What I heard was htat Aaron Williams didn't really fit our scheme and that why we passed on him for his teammate, Curtis Brown. I wouldn't have minded Dowling. We've got a couple UVA guys already in Farrior and Miller, and UVA guys tend to be smart. I think there was worry about Dowling being inury prone though. I think the reason why they chose Cam is because he was the BPA on the big board and outside of Ziggy Hood we really had no youth at the d-line as both Keisel, Smith, Nick Eason (who is now gone) were all over 30 at the time. It's just a shame we missed getting Revis in 2007. Lawrence Timmons is the man but Revis is an excellent CB to put it kindly. We usually go BPA though which IMO is a working strategy.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Can't argue with this. The Steelers rely on pass rush to create quick decisions by the opposing QB. The DBs are just supposed to keep the play in front of them. So, the FO tends to focus on LBs and DL.

Honestly, the most glaring issue I saw in this game was absolutely no pressure on Flacco. That's what kills us against Brady. He gets the ball out so quickly that we can't get to him. Couple that with our DBs playing 10-15 yards off the WRs and Brady will dink & dunk us all the way down the field.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Can't argue with this. The Steelers rely on pass rush to create quick decisions by the opposing QB. The DBs are just supposed to keep the play in front of them. So, the FO tends to focus on LBs and DL.

Honestly, the most glaring issue I saw in this game was absolutely no pressure on Flacco. That's what kills us against Brady. He gets the ball out so quickly that we can't get to him. Couple that with our DBs playing 10-15 yards off the WRs and Brady will dink & dunk us all the way down the field.

Well, to be honest. I think our offensive line is ACTUALLY revamped, it's not just some fluke, by getting big-name free agents and stuff. Bryant McKinnie really seems to be inspired to work harder and it might have to do with Ed Reed being his former teammate at the University of Miami. Who knows though, but I doubt we'll give up 40 sacks again this season.

SteeleReign
09-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, to be honest. I think our offensive line is ACTUALLY revamped, it's not just some fluke, by getting big-name free agents and stuff. Bryant McKinnie really seems to be inspired to work harder and it might have to do with Ed Reed being his former teammate at the University of Miami. Who knows though, but I doubt we'll give up 40 sacks again this season.

Your line looked good, but if our defense can't impose their will then we will lose a lot of games. We must speed up the QBs reads to win. I will also say that Flacco looked as good as I've ever seen him.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Your line looked good, but if our defense can't impose their will then we will lose a lot of games. We must speed up the QBs reads to win. I will also say that Flacco looked as good as I've ever seen him.

Yeah. I agree, just curious but to you guys think Flacco is a BAD QUARTERBACK. Not just against the Steelers, but as a whole. I don't get all the love towards Matt Ryan, he almost always plays awful against good defenses and hasn't won anything in the postseason.

DanRooney
09-11-2011, 10:56 PM
I love how Ravens fans show up right after the worst pounding I've seen in recent memory.

mashsoccer37
09-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Terrible game... The fake field goal run felt like a dick-move to even call to me when you're up 21 points, but I'm glad they did it bc I guess it will just add fuel to the fire when we get ready for the Ravens for next game. The only players I noticed in a positive way were Wallace (but only after the Ravens went into Prevent D) and Ike Taylor. Taylor was white on rice today... He's the only Steeler that lived up to his contract today.

Also, what's up with Phil Simms verbally fellating the Ravens? I remember thinking it in the beginning of the game and it got exponentially worse as the game went on (I realize we got whipped and he needed something to talk about, but wtf?) When Ed Reed got his first interception... "Ed Reed, the biggest playmaker in the game making plays again".... I'm sorry, but I coulda been playing safety for the Ravens today and I woulda had those two interceptions. If he had caught that ball where he was sliding and the ball was across his body that woulda been making a play, but when a QB makes a piss-poor decision and floats the ball into your arms that is not making a play.

Poor effort all around, was dominated from the start in all facets of the game... Was disappointed to see our guys get big contract extensions in the offseason and not show up (except for Ike)

mashsoccer37
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah. I agree, just curious but to you guys think Flacco is a BAD QUARTERBACK. Not just against the Steelers, but as a whole. I don't get all the love towards Matt Ryan, he almost always plays awful against good defenses and hasn't won anything in the postseason.

Just my opinion, but I do think that Flacco is a below-average to average QB. I've lived in Baltimore for a few years so I catch a bunch of games and he seems to take a snap on passing plays with one receiver in mind and if the receiver isn't open he checks it down to Ray Rice all the time. He doesn't seem to be able to make progressions and read who is open, it's a two step process: Look at the receiver, throw to Rice. Having said that, that might be the way Cam Cameron has built the offense since Rice is a pretty potent weapon.

I think this year will be Flacco's career defining year... He's had his time in the league to get acclimated and I know that the talk is that Cameron is going to open up the playbook more this year and allow Flacco to expand on his work. Either he will rise to the occasion and become an upper-tier QB in the next few years or he'll remain a middling one... I think we will see what his future holds this year.

Interested to hear your thoughts though

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
I think Ryan gets the love he gets because he's your prototypical all American type QB ala Manning and Brady. I am not sure where I'd put Flacco on the list. I wouldn't call him average since that implies that half of the QB's in the league are better than him and I don't feel that way. I also don't feel he's top ten really either. I guess I'd put Joe in the top dozen or so. The problem Flacco has had though if you ask me so far in his career is he's struggled to win the big game and I don't know if he's the guy to carry a team's offense. Ray Rice IMO is the Ravens best offensive player. I like his talent a lot since he's one of those backs that can run really well and can catch good too which unfortunately for us we saw in the game today. . I think some Baltimore fans are a little impatient with him because they've seen how quickly Ben became succesful here with the Steelers and they of course want that.

Steeldude
09-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Very well said.

and I love the Beast.

i get hated on this a lot, but i have never been impressed by woodley. he received his huge pay increase and he is still the same. i will admit his sack was all him rather than one of his untouched sacks or blocked by a RB sack. i expect a lot more from woodley now. he should be tenacious on every play, but i seriously doubt will ever happen. he's paid more than harrison so his motor should be revving higher

Steel Peon
09-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Wow.....what's up with that new rookie QB today, huh? You know, that #7 guy.....Ben Whatshisburger? Man, he better start improving real quick or I'd say start Charlie Batch. At least his career can only go up from here though. We need that rookie back who started in '04, what happend to that guy?

ricardisimo
09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
i get hated on this a lot, but i have never been impressed by woodley. he received his huge pay increase and he is still the same. i will admit his sack was all him rather than one of his untouched sacks or blocked by a RB sack. i expect a lot more from woodley now. he should be tenacious on every play, but i seriously doubt will ever happen. he's paid more than harrison so his motor should be revving higher
And to be honest, he doesn't get held with nearly the frequency Harrison does. He should be doing more, given that. Harrison, of course, gets gang-raped on every snap and still somehow manages to make the play. Simply amazing.

Steeler4life1972
09-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I've thought about this for a while now and I think our schemes on both sides of the ball are tired and played out. Teams know exactly what they are gonna get when they play us. I see a lack of creativity on both sides...yes I do think lebeau is one of the best but I believe in this stage of his career its getting old and teams are game planning very well against us. Arians on the other hand doesnt have a creative speck in his brain!! I do believe this will be lebeau's final year and next year I think Tomlin will instill more of his philosophies in the defense. Arians needs to go!! Lack of creativity and a terrible O-line = death of our quarterback. If something dont change then Ben will be running for his life all season! I think it is time to rebuild a lot of areas from the ground up, only problem is that takes more money.

Mick0311
09-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Terrible game... The fake field goal run felt like a dick-move to even call to me when you're up 21 points, but I'm glad they did it bc I guess it will just add fuel to the fire when we get ready for the Ravens for next game. The only players I noticed in a positive way were Wallace (but only after the Ravens went into Prevent D) and Ike Taylor. Taylor was white on rice today... He's the only Steeler that lived up to his contract today.

Also, what's up with Phil Simms verbally fellating the Ravens? I remember thinking it in the beginning of the game and it got exponentially worse as the game went on (I realize we got whipped and he needed something to talk about, but wtf?) When Ed Reed got his first interception... "Ed Reed, the biggest playmaker in the game making plays again".... I'm sorry, but I coulda been playing safety for the Ravens today and I woulda had those two interceptions. If he had caught that ball where he was sliding and the ball was across his body that woulda been making a play, but when a QB makes a piss-poor decision and floats the ball into your arms that is not making a play.

Poor effort all around, was dominated from the start in all facets of the game... Was disappointed to see our guys get big contract extensions in the offseason and not show up (except for Ike)

I don't think it was a dick move. You guys have a great team, that has recently come back on us. That made it a 4 possesion game, and pretty much out of reach with the amount of time left in the game.

In regards to analysts fluffing on us, hardly a one gave us a chance in this game. Also, if you think it's a fluke that Reed got those two picks, well, that's nearly 60 flukes in his career. Best safety in football, and he knows where to be.

Steeler4life1972
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't think it was a dick move. You guys have a great team, that has recently come back on us. That made it a 4 possesion game, and pretty much out of reach with the amount of time left in the game.

In regards to analysts fluffing on us, hardly a one gave us a chance in this game. Also, if you think it's a fluke that Reed got those two picks, well, that's nearly 60 flukes in his career. Best safety in football, and he knows where to be.

Troll alert! First post and obvious Ravens fan. If you dont like what your reading in here then dont come in here let alone post something!! Im sure the Ravens have their own board...take your opinions there not in our house!

Steeler4life1972
09-12-2011, 09:18 PM

And yes 2 of his 60 interceptions were flukes...I could have caught those with my toes. He didnt even have to move or even have his eyes open to catch those!

Mick0311
09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Troll alert! First post and obvious Ravens fan. If you dont like what your reading in here then dont come in here let alone post something!! Im sure the Ravens have their own board...take your opinions there not in our house!

Just for the record, I don't think you understand what a troll is. Being a Raven's fan and a first post are not pre-qualifiers for being a troll. Just my honest opinions. Oh, and we have a couple of really cool Steeler's fans on our boards. It can be the same here right?

Steeler4life1972
09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Just for the record, I don't think you understand what a troll is. Being a Raven's fan and a first post are not pre-qualifiers for being a troll. Just my honest opinions. Oh, and we have a couple of really cool Steeler's fans on our boards. It can be the same here right?
Well the thing is, I and a lot of other people in here could care less about your opinions in our house. There is no way in hell you would have come in here if we beat you guys so Im gonna say absolutely your a troll!! There is no way in hell I would go to your board and spew my opinions cause you will be like wtf why are you even in here so I stay on my own team's board so we can relate with people who like the same team. I dont give a shit about the Ravens or any other team...its called LOYALTY!! In other words...."dont shit in my house and I won't shit in yours!":tt04:

SteelCityMom
09-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Well the thing is, I and a lot of other people in here could care less about your opinions in our house. There is no way in hell you would have come in here if we beat you guys so Im gonna say absolutely your a troll!! There is no way in hell I would go to your board and spew my opinions cause you will be like wtf why are you even in here so I stay on my own team's board so we can relate with people who like the same team. I dont give a shit about the Ravens or any other team...its called LOYALTY!! In other words...."dont shit in my house and I won't shit in yours!":tt04:

He's cool, and not causing any problems (yet :chuckle: )...other fans are more than welcome to come here and share opinions. It's an open forum. I know it was a tough loss...but take it down a notch, we'll see them again!

Mick0311
09-13-2011, 12:26 AM

Not crapping in your house pal, just talking ball.

JustinM
09-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Not crapping in your house pal, just talking ball.

Ravens have a long way to go to create such a legacy that the Steelers have. I wish yall good luck in accomplishing that :)

Mick0311
09-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Ravens have a long way to go to create such a legacy that the Steelers have. I wish yall good luck in accomplishing that :)

For sure. Baltimore has a pretty good legacy with football. Nothing like you have obviously, but we did take a pretty good "vacation" from football courtesy of the deebags in Indy. lol. Yesterday was a pretty good step in the right direction. Only the first battle in a season long war though.

JustinM
09-13-2011, 12:52 AM
For sure. Baltimore has a pretty good legacy with football. Nothing like you have obviously, but we did take a pretty good "vacation" from football courtesy of the deebags in Indy. lol. Yesterday was a pretty good step in the right direction. Only the first battle in a season long war though.

I still like you....for now.
:P