PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms hating?

NCBlackWolf
09-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Nothwithstanding of the ass kicking we are receiving, how bad does SImms hate us? I goes back to last year's playoff game too. He bias is very obvious.

I know there are bigger issues to discuss after today's game; but just wanted to get it off my chest.

skinart82
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I noticed it too, thought he was about to go down and give flacco some lovin!

Terrible Towel Boy
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Agree with you on Simms. He had a very clear lean in this game toward the Ravens. As if the beatdown wasn't bad enough, I endured his insufferable "analysis" throughout the first half. Never again. Strictly doing the hometown radio feed from now on.

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 03:35 PM
good lord y'all

Whodis
09-11-2011, 03:42 PM
At one point I thought he would give oral to the raven's offensive line

steelcity1974
09-11-2011, 03:44 PM
agree...he was unbelieveable today. lost all respect for him. when the fight took place, he was cheering the fact that the ravens got no retaliation penalty....even though they DID. How biased is that? dick!

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Holy shit!

Of course he was talking about the Ravens, they actually showed up to play in a professional football game. Do really think he's going to sit there and harp on how freaking pathetic the Steelers were today? Of course if he did you would cry about that too.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Why would Phil Simms be biased against the Steelers? Makes no sense.

BlockMonsta
09-11-2011, 04:04 PM
theplatypus you are the and the like are reasons I dont come here anymore. Your not tough because you talk shit on an internet foum..Get over yourself

And I also noticed it.

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 04:07 PM
theplatypus you are the and the like are reasons I dont come here anymore. Your not tough because you talk shit on an internet foum..Get over yourself

And I also noticed it.

um okay

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

BlockMonsta
09-11-2011, 04:09 PM

theplatypus
09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=BlockMonsta;942596]My man, you talk so much shit behind your computer..Real life it would be a diffrent story, im done. I dont get into internet fights. Unlike

So you're basically threatening me, but I'm the one talking shit. ok pal

Sorry, but I'm not part of the sky is falling crowd. We lost, it happens. Doesn't change the fact that there was no bias by Simms. He did his freaking job unlike the majority of the team today.

You are sorely mistaken if you think my tone would be any different in person.

EastLibertyHomer
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I could not tell I was too busy Screaming at the TV. My sons came into the Cave and said something about Simms.

I could care less if he was or not. I don't like the talking heads anyway.

I save my hate for Dan Dierdorf...That dude makes my beer flat.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Simms, why waste the space?

he thinks its great we move the kick offs up to save the players. Only league that would do that, lol

Kanata-Steeler
09-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Simms, why waste the space?

he thinks its great we move the kick offs up to save the players. Only league that would do that, lol

Ya I personally don't like the kick-off's moved up either.
I wish instead, they would have just moved the field-goal posts closer together by maybe 2 feet or so ?, to prevent chances of close games being decided by just one kicker at the 50.
Today's game excluded, of course :(

MACH1
09-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I could not tell I was too busy Screaming at the TV. My sons came into the Cave and said something about Simms.

I could care less if he was or not. I don't like the talking heads anyway.

I save my hate for Dan Dierdorf...That dude makes my beer flat.

Yep, can't stand captain obvious either.

Goldsteel86
09-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Did anyone here another annoucer take a jab at him, his comeback was he was polishing his two SB rings, please correct me if I am wrong he may have two, one as a starter and one while on the bench behind Hostettler. Hmmm doesn't Ben have two as a starter????:tt02:

Kanata-Steeler
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Simms had some compassion in him, near the end, even HE couldn't bear seeing us being torturously kicked while we were already down.
not that I even remotely care what Phil hates about us.

bobby jr
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I didn't notice that Simms was prejudiced against the Steelers. Before the game he kept going on about how the Ravens would have trouble because their offensive line wasn't used to playing with each other.

By the same token Cowher picked the steelers as he always does, and he was saying the Ravens had lost Heap and Mason who gave the Steelers so much trouble in the past. Most of the NFL talking head were taking the Steelers.

What they missed is that the Ravens have gotten younger and quicker. for example, Mason and Heap were past their prime. The Steelers should have gone that route too.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I didn't notice that Simms was prejudiced against the Steelers. Before the game he kept going on about how the Ravens would have trouble because their offensive line wasn't used to playing with each other.

By the same token Cowher picked the steelers as he always does, and he was saying the Ravens had lost Heap and Mason who gave the Steelers so much trouble in the past. Most of the NFL talking head were taking the Steelers.

What they missed is that the Ravens have gotten younger and quicker. for example, Mason and Heap were past their prime. The Steelers should have gone that route too.

And of course you're here. Funny how you're never here when the Ravens lose. Congrats on your SB win. I want to take the time to sound like you, your punk coach and your whiny team .... "the Ravens didn't win, we lost the game. Too many TOs, take those away and no way the Ravens win. The REFS gave them the game. " Oh I'm sure there's many, many more I just can't think of them now. The Ravens made their statement, won their SB and I sincerely doubt they'll do it again in November.

steelerschik
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Oh yeah one more thing, why should they have gone that route? Because the Ravens won the first game of the season? Really? Wow, delusional much? This is ONE game, a regular season game at that. The Ravens haven't won in the post season or did I sleep through the entire season. In the grand scheme of things, this game does not give the Ravens the division and could mean nothing in the end. Again, I say enjoy it, it won't last.

mikegrimey
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I didn't notice Sims saying anything prejudiced against the Steelers. For once, Bobby is right, kind of rare I know, but he is, most nfl analysts picked the Steelers to win...

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah one more thing, why should they have gone that route? Because the Ravens won the first game of the season? Really? Wow, delusional much? This is ONE game, a regular season game at that. The Ravens haven't won in the post season or did I sleep through the entire season. In the grand scheme of things, this game does not give the Ravens the division and could mean nothing in the end. Again, I say enjoy it, it won't last.

He also ignored the fact that our receiving corps other than Ward are young and fast guys. Wallace is in his third year and Sanders/Brown are in their second. Our TE's other than Heath are younger too. I have no problem acknowledging the Ravens outplayed us today but you're absolutely right that this game doesn't give them the division at all. They won round one last year and look at the good that did in the end when we won the division and beat them in the playoffs when it counted. The Ravens swept the Steelers in 2006 and beat us good both games and what did we do in 2007? Well we beat them bad and then the next year we beat them three times. Ravens had a great game but they're crazy if they think this game somehow means they're better than us and that next game will have the same results.

steelax04
09-11-2011, 08:42 PM
I have always been of the opinion that Simms and Nantz just straight up suck as announcers. Announcers should try be as neutral and add to the game instead of ****-slobbering the team winning. That's what I can't stand about the color commentary and announcers in general anymore. It's all about coming up with the best catch phrase and band-wagoning instead of adding some real insight or value to the game.

BlockMonsta
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=BlockMonsta;942596]My man, you talk so much shit behind your computer..Real life it would be a diffrent story, im done. I dont get into internet fights. Unlike

Sorry, but I'm not part of the sky is falling crowd. We lost, it happens. Doesn't change the fact that there was no bias by Simms. He did his freaking job unlike the majority of the team today.

Dont believe that was a threat, and it's normal for people who talk shit on an internet fourm not have the balls to back it up in real life. No surprise there.. All I am is saying is that you and a few others make this website worse and worse from when I first started lurking around prior to signing up, a select few always have rude comments or some other bs.

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
And of course you're here. Funny how you're never here when the Ravens lose. Congrats on your SB win. I want to take the time to sound like you, your punk coach and your whiny team .... "the Ravens didn't win, we lost the game. Too many TOs, take those away and no way the Ravens win. The REFS gave them the game. " Oh I'm sure there's many, many more I just can't think of them now. The Ravens made their statement, won their SB and I sincerely doubt they'll do it again in November.

Wow... what is your problem? He's only stating his opinion, granted he's wrong. The Ravens did win the game, regardless of how they did; a win is a win. The referees? What?

He's wrong about his OPINION, but you don't have to attack him.

mashsoccer37
09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I was ranting about Simms in the post game thread a couple minutes ago bc I didn't see this thread... Yeah, I noticed the verbal fellating of the Ravens on multiple occasions over the course of the game.

thebus36idf
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM

being totally unbiased. Simms seemed biased from the get go, and I've noticed it from him before. I don't know why!! He only seems to give us kudos when were obviously winning. Otherwise he is all about the other team!! Just a note. If we were all in a bar watching the game we would be more civil I'm certain. never met a STEELERS fan I didn't like. Seems as though the fact that we aren't face to face allows lines that shouldn't be crossed to be crossed!!! Just look at the tone amongst some fellow fans!! not very classy period!

OX1947
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Why do they keep putting this dick wad on Steeler games????!!!!

jtbsteeler
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Simms clearly was biased yesterday. We got smoked but he seemed to revel in it. Even clamoring for another Steeler turnover at the end of the game. And his panties were exposed when he said McKinnie didn't hook Harrison and throw him to the ground. "Harrison threw himself down" That's where I lost it for him.

I want him to do the next game though, bias and all. Since he and Nantz seem to dislike the Ravens, I want them to be there as Ravens fans.

theplatypus
09-12-2011, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=theplatypus;942598]

Dont believe that was a threat, and it's normal for people who talk shit on an internet fourm not have the balls to back it up in real life. No surprise there.. All I am is saying is that you and a few others make this website worse and worse from when I first started lurking around prior to signing up, a select few always have rude comments or some other bs.

You're still here? It's pretty clear by now that you have no clue what talking shit is. And once again if you think my tone would be any different in person you're sorely mistaken. IF you don't believe me come on down to Georgia.