PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers Super Bowl hangover season

ColoradoSteelerFan
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe today was just the start of something we have become all too familiar with.,,

1979: Super Bowl Champions
1980: 9-7: missed playoffs

1995: Super Bowl losers
1996: 10-6: Wild Card, drubbed by Patriots in Divisonal round

2005: Super Bowl Champions
2006: 8-8: missed playoffs

2008: Super Bowl Champions
2009: 9-7: missed playoffs

2010: Super Bowl losers
2011: ??? 0-1, crushed by Ravens 35-7.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
None of that had anything to do with what happened today. Means nothing.

Chadmagic
09-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Doesn't it mean something though? History repeats itself because we don't learn from it and change it. I see similar things happening.

Our flaws are exposed and more good teams will 'unexpectedly' beat us. Its not rocket science people. No secret formulas. what you see is what you get.

Why do you think the same teams beat us year after year? they know our short comings. And since we don't fix them, they exploit us year after year. A seriously anemic o-line and a suspect secondary.

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Doesn't it mean something though? History repeats itself because we don't learn from it and change it. I see similar things happening.

Our flaws are exposed and more good teams will 'unexpectedly' beat us. Its not rocket science people. No secret formulas. what you see is what you get.

Why do you think the same teams beat us year after year? they know our short comings. And since we don't fix them, they exploit us year after year. A seriously anemic o-line and a suspect secondary.

If history repeated itself than why didn't win in 76 since we won in 74 and 75? If history repeated itself I guess we should have never won a Super Bowl since we were a laughingstock for over 40 some years. The past has nothing to do with the 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers. Nothing. That's just sports talk radio BS.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Didnt realize these guys and coaches were on those teams, lol

What a stupid thread

3rdandlong
09-11-2011, 06:56 PM
More than anything I'm worried about the run defense. I can't remember the last time a team ran all over us on the ground like the Ravens did today.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Our flaws were exposed?

Really, it took the Ravens to show it? I thought GB showed our secondary sucks and we already know our Oline blows.

Hood need to be in the game, Smith is DONE! He couldnt stop a dead woman in a wheel chair today. He did absolutely nothing.