PDA

View Full Version : Leguarsky is not a starting offensive guard on a good team

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Not sure what the coaches are watching. He was the reason for the 1st two turnovers of the 2nd half. Missed block and can't block ngata who tipped the ball. He's awful.

tanda10506
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Agreed, horrible performance by him and most of the O line.

Whodis
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
bruce arians isn't a quarterbacks coach on any team either

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I was shocked he wasn't benched by the coaches.

Wallabeast17
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
He's are smartest Olinmen so that must mean he should start :doh: haha thats a good one
(but yes he did suck!!)

fer522
09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
i'm so pissed i don't even know what to say :mad::mad::mad::puke::puke::puke:

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 05:37 PM
This loss is not legurskys fault. There are about 20 others to blame at least.

I dvr'ed it, luckily my asshole friends kept texting me the socre and me being stupid I kept reading them. But its saving me a lot of frustration, lol

harrison'samonster
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I think the coaches need to rethink putting Legursky in as a starter, but like Curtain of Steel said, everybody was to blame for this loss. It didn't seem like anybody showed up to play

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 06:36 PM
After watching ngata give legurskys wedgie all game., I think its safe to say Legursky isn't the answer.

God the more I watch this game the more i think the players need to donate their checks to a charity. I thought Troy was religious? Is Grand Theft ok in his religion?LOL

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 06:40 PM
glad we got rid of hills eh?

ricardisimo
09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
There's still something funny about that. We never really got any sort of explanation as to how a guy could be handed the job, show pretty decent skills in the preseason, and then get cut. Something went down, words were exchanged or something. :noidea:

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
There's still something funny about that. We never really got any sort of explanation as to how a guy could be handed the job, show pretty decent skills in the preseason, and then get cut. Something went down, words were exchanged or something. :noidea:

that's what i think. He was doing the best job at RG then all of a sudden gets cut, not even moved into a backup role. fishy

JCPsteelers
09-11-2011, 10:23 PM

Hills hasn't shown anything in 3 years so I can't be upset about it.

I prefer to have Foster in there.

SH-Rock
09-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Some of you were praising Legursky before and now you guys give up on him. Ngata is the best at his position and the size difference doesn't help as well. Sure his performance today shouldn't be looked over, but give this team a chance. Still 15 games left.

The Definiti0n
09-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Can someone explain how The Ravens can revamp their offensive line in a shorted off-season and is 10X better than the guys we lined up out there today?? They don't even know each others names.

Oh and Kraig Urbik >>Doug Legursky

DanRooney
09-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Our coaches never make bad decisions. Three Super Bowl appearances in 6 years. Ask Tony or Platypuss.

DanRooney
09-11-2011, 11:02 PM
that's what i think. He was doing the best job at RG then all of a sudden gets cut, not even moved into a backup role. fishy

Looked good too.

Time to start Marcus Gilbert. I'm done with Jonathan Scott getting mauled by Suggs. What kind of team starts a journeyman/backup LT to protect a franchise quarterback. Did you see how timid Ben looked in the 2nd half?

Steeldude
09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Can someone explain how The Ravens can revamp their offensive line in a shorted off-season and is 10X better than the guys we lined up out there today?? They don't even know each others names.

Oh and Kraig Urbik >>Doug Legursky

because the steelers do not value their O-line as much. the steelers are content with castoffs from other teams. it's sad that pouncey has to be part of the unit.

where are the kugler fans who boasted of his great work? i can't really blame him too much due to the poor talent level, but are these linemen also dumb and well as untalented? the steelers' O-line always looks confused on who to block.

tony hipchest
09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Our coaches never make bad decisions. Three Super Bowl appearances in 6 years. Ask Tony or Platypuss.

easy there DanGina. you would submarine the team in a heartbeat if given the chance. the football "accumen" you have displayed on this board speaks for itself. :chuckle:

Oh and Kraig Urbik >>Doug Legurskythey have 2 new players on their line. :hunch:

for those who havent been paying attention, ngata has been feeding guards their shitstained drawers for lunch for about 7 years now. whenever the ravens lose, it usually isnt because some strongman wonder guard has stuffed haloti.

legursky vs him is clearly a mismatch, but before todays game most steelefans like DanGinaius thought ngata was the ravens NT.

doesnt matter though. he's probably nuthuggin bobbyjr right now, gurgling how harbaugh is the greatest coach of all time.

pancake
09-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Looked good too.

Time to start Marcus Gilbert. I'm done with Jonathan Scott getting mauled by Suggs. What kind of team starts a journeyman/backup LT to protect a franchise quarterback. Did you see how timid Ben looked in the 2nd half?

Not defending Scott, but Suggs came from everywhere. Right and left side, he even came straight up the middle on one play. No one could block him...

pancake
09-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe we should bring back flo and move colon to guard...

Or maybe we just had a crappy game and don't need to panic... :noidea:

ETL
09-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Legursky played poorly today.

He was clearly out of position on two plays that really cost us including the fumble by Mendenhall. I know he's a scrapper and smart but those assets may not be able to overcome his size.

Maybe he will learn from this ... I'm sure he will.

jtbsteeler
09-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Scott sucked the donkey b's today also. I see Gilbert starting there next week. Scott was benched.

Hopefully Tomlin will send a message to alot of these guys. Farrior, Scott, Legursky. All three looked like they should be replaced.

Ben looked like he gift wrapped those passes to Reed. On both of them he didn't have to move.

Accept the beating and move on.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 02:52 AM
Scott sucked the donkey b's today also. I see Gilbert starting there next week. Scott was benched.

Hopefully Tomlin will send a message to alot of these guys. Farrior, Scott, Legursky. All three looked like they should be replaced.

Ben looked like he gift wrapped those passes to Reed. On both of them he didn't have to move.

Accept the beating and move on.

Scott and Legursky definitely need to be replaced. I know gilbert is green, but he's talented and quick enough to defend against speed rusher types. He also held his own against atlanta's pro bowl DE in the 3rd preseason game. with time he will only get better, but he won't ever improve without game time.

legursky, I like the guy personally and he's a good story, but plain and simple he's not physically cut out to be a starter in the NFL. I know ramon foster isn't the greatest but he's probably better than legursky at guard. Chris scott, I have no idea why he was kept over Hills.

I don't think farrior can be replaced yet, he's the signal caller on the defense and it's a much bigger responsibility than just being able to play. sylvester isn't ready for that yet, if he was, we wouldn't have to put foote our there.

DanRooney
09-12-2011, 03:23 AM
The bad thing is we're going to play the Seahawks and Colts next. After we manhandle them everyone, including our FO, will be complacent with Doug Legursky and Scott. You don't lose that badly in a divisional game without making personnel decisions or benching players.The biggest issue in that game wasn't the 7 turnovers, it was getting manhandled in the trenches. Most of those turnovers were a direct result of our offensive line.

I'm pretty disgusted with Smith and Keisel as well. Smith is one of my favorite Steelers of all time but today he was awful. They were getting plowed over. I have no idea what Ziggy was doing either.

ricardisimo
09-12-2011, 03:47 AM
I'm glad you mentioned Foote. Another one who looked outmatched all game long.

I'm starting to think not playing everyone that last preseason game was NOT the move.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 03:48 AM
signing larry slow-a-foote for 3 mil, i wonder what the FO was thinking

Steeldude
09-12-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm glad you mentioned Foote. Another one who looked outmatched all game long.

I'm starting to think not playing everyone that last preseason game was NOT the move.

hey, now what's wrong with taking poor angles and waiting for ball carriers to come to you rather than attacking?:toofunny:

the steelers are lowering their standards.

theplatypus
09-12-2011, 08:14 AM

Do you go out of your way to be an ass or does it just come naturally? Since you can't seem to grasp the concept let me spell it out for you. I've never said or implied that the coaches don't,can't, or won't make bad decisions or that they're infallible. The only thing I've ever said is that the coaches and front office are better at evaluating talent than you are. I know that in your little world you think you're the end all be all of football knowledge, but you aren't. The people that spend 8-12 hours a day with the players have a far better grasp of what's going on during practice and games than anything you see playing mr armchair quarterback. Now it's time for the little boy that is danrooney to throw another temper tantrum and smash a dining room table.

zsheik22
09-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Do you go out of your way to be an ass or does it just come naturally? Since you can't seem to grasp the concept let me spell it out for you. I've never said or implied that the coaches don't,can't, or won't make bad decisions or that they're infallible. The only thing I've ever said is that the coaches and front office are better at evaluating talent than you are. I know that in your little world you think you're the end all be all of football knowledge, but you aren't. The people that spend 8-12 hours a day with the players have a far better grasp of what's going on during practice and games than anything you see playing mr armchair quarterback. Now it's time for the little boy that is danrooney to throw another temper tantrum and smash a dining room table.

Obvious mistakes are obvious. Paying too much for our older group that cant produce and refusing to bring in any linesmen or Dbacks with said saved money really hurt. Aaron Smith and Foote really need to make less among the other obvious.

BKAnthem
09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I missed the game...but looking at the stats it seems the Steelers couldn't get any push in the running game (no surprise) and were forced to throw alot, which left our sub-par O-Line at the mercy of the Ravens superior D-Line....

ricardisimo
09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
They weren't forced to throw a lot. They're never "forced" to throw a lot. They throw a lot because Bruce Arians still hasn't hit puberty, and he's still living at home with mommy and daddy, playing Madden all day and night in the basement.

The running game didn't look too bad at all, for the five minutes they actually tried it.

BKAnthem
09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
They weren't forced to throw a lot. They're never "forced" to throw a lot. They throw a lot because Bruce Arians still hasn't hit puberty, and he's still living at home with mommy and daddy, playing Madden all day and night in the basement.

The running game didn't look too bad at all, for the five minutes they actually tried it.

Which left our sub par O-Line at the mercy of their superior D-Line

steel-EERS
09-13-2011, 11:13 PM
couldn't agree more, he is a decent back up center and that is it! too short, short armed, and not all that athletic. would rather see Ramon Foster or another guard in there.

DanRooney
09-13-2011, 11:31 PM

"Obviously the coaching staff knows more than you and is ALWAYS right."

Some of the homers on this board :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-13-2011, 11:49 PM
"obviously all our woes would be solved if we only kept aq (t-rex) shipley and thaddeus (radio) gibson."

-some of the idiots on this board. :toofunny:

MACH1
09-14-2011, 12:38 AM
"obviously all our woes would be solved if we only kept aq (t-rex) shipley and thaddeus (radio) gibson."

:toofunny:radio:toofunny:

BKAnthem
09-14-2011, 01:19 AM

drafting Shipley (legursky lite) told me all i needed to know about Colbert and how limited his view is of O Line talent

tony hipchest
09-14-2011, 01:35 AM
a 6th round, back up center told you all you need to know? :sofunny: you dont even know that it isnt soley colbert who makes these final decisions. :doh:

:shout: "FIRE COLBERT"!!!!

ive heard it all, now.

OX1947
09-14-2011, 01:39 AM
This league has done a complete flip since the Roger Goodell era started. You no longer need a great defense to win. As a matter of fact, you dont even need a good one. All you need is an accurate QB and some decent weapons around him .The NFL is officially FAL now, not the NFL to me. The Fantasy Arena League. Patriots D sucked so bad last night that Chad henne looked like Marino out there. GB and Saints defense looked like utter garbage. The funny thing about this whole weekend was, people making excuses about Cam newton doing so well because of Arizona's D sucking, and vice versa for Kolb, and then I heard Seahawks D sucked and so did the Niners D. Next thing you know, every defense sucks. And thats pretty much it.

Steelers blew their final wad in the Super Bowl 7 months ago with this current team. They have had a fantastic run together winning two Super Bowls and 3 AFC titles. The last 6 years was the best football of my life, but I think we are seeing the effects of the constant abuse and years of play coming around. Unless Big Ben can be a pocket QB consistently to avoid the mistakes and constant hits, he will not last a full 16 games this year and he will continue to make mistakes. I hope I am wrong, but the Ravens game isn't an isolated situation. Steelers have played horrible football from the 2nd half in the AFC title game through Sundays game. And when I say horrible, i mean uncharacteristic horrible with 10 turnovers in 3 games.

Sixburgher
09-14-2011, 01:54 AM
This league has done a complete flip since the Roger Goodell era started. You no longer need a great defense to win. As a matter of fact, you dont even need a good one. All you need is an accurate QB and some decent weapons around him .The NFL is officially FAL now, not the NFL to me. The Fantasy Arena League. Patriots D sucked so bad last night that Chad henne looked like Marino out there. GB and Saints defense looked like utter garbage. The funny thing about this whole weekend was, people making excuses about Cam newton doing so well because of Arizona's D sucking, and vice versa for Kolb, and then I heard Seahawks D sucked and so did the Niners D. Next thing you know, every defense sucks. And thats pretty much it.

Absolutely, unequivocally, 100 percent spot on.

tony hipchest
09-14-2011, 02:01 AM
. And when I say horrible, i mean uncharacteristic horrible with 10 turnovers in 3 games.thats dick lebeaus fault.

his defense should never allow anyone to score. plus a shorter field is less ground to defend, therefore it should be easier. :rolleyes:

....or so ive heard from the iinternet savants. :jerkit:

JustinM
09-14-2011, 02:23 AM

Standing ovation
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

DanRooney
09-14-2011, 02:35 AM
the Ravens D looked all-pro and the Redskins D looked surprisingly good. I love the Kerrigan/Orakpo combination.

DanRooney
09-14-2011, 02:40 AM
Shipley was one of the worst picks ever. The same with Frank Summers. I don't care if it's the 5th and 7th round pick. Those picks were equivalent to picking the fat kid in PE when you're picking teams for dodge ball when there's other people available.

Daysnways
09-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Did we not go to the SB last year with Foster playing pretty solid football at RG?

or did I imagine it?

BKAnthem
09-14-2011, 08:48 AM
a 6th round, back up center told you all you need to know? :sofunny: you dont even know that it isnt soley colbert who makes these final decisions. :doh:

:shout: "FIRE COLBERT"!!!!

ive heard it all, now.

yup because he shouldn't have been drafted at all...and Colbert is THE MAN MAKING THE FINAL CALL IN THE DRAFT ROOM RIGHT? And i didn't say fire dude , but he needs to step his game up on that O-Line and CB's

kirklandrules
09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I have faith that Legursky will be fine in his role. More than anything, I believe a majority of the issues from the inner line were understanding their responsibilities. Seemed it was a day of confusion for those guys. Pouncy is the guy calling out those pre-snap responsibilities for the line. If he was confused or had a bad day, the other linemen ... especially the guards are going to be toast. It didn't help that the Raven's (like the Steelers) are masters at disguising their defense.

Glad to see so many people thinking the world is at an end because of one let-down game. Step away from the ledge, breathe easy and see what this weekend brings. You just may find yourself thinking the Steelers are the greatest team all over again.

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Steelers blew their final wad in the Super Bowl 7 months ago with this current team. They have had a fantastic run together winning two Super Bowls and 3 AFC titles. The last 6 years was the best football of my life, but I think we are seeing the effects of the constant abuse and years of play coming around. Unless Big Ben can be a pocket QB consistently to avoid the mistakes and constant hits, he will not last a full 16 games this year and he will continue to make mistakes. I hope I am wrong, but the Ravens game isn't an isolated situation. Steelers have played horrible football from the 2nd half in the AFC title game through Sundays game. And when I say horrible, i mean uncharacteristic horrible with 10 turnovers in 3 games.

:drink:

I hate reading the second paragraph and I want it not to be true but this man is correct.

kirklandrules
09-14-2011, 11:05 AM
:drink:

I hate reading the second paragraph and I want it not to be true but this man is correct.

He may be correct, but I'll wait until the end of the season to agree. One game isn't a good barometer on the overall status of a team.

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
He may be correct, but I'll wait until the end of the season to agree. One game isn't a good barometer on the overall status of a team.

Very true Sir.