PDA

View Full Version : Calling Aarron Smith

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Please clean out your locker.

Why TF we would pull the loyal card when Hood is plenty adequate to take over. We NEVER let players hang around to much. 5million worth of dead weight. So tired of watching this gae and the last thing i see is smith standing in the picture watching the play.

Im sure his contract is now guarrantteed for th eyear, but the 5million wouldve helped for next year.

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Hood is better at this point in their careers

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Not even close IMO, and a 5million savings that we needed for a quality CB.

Im still shocked they kept him after seeing how he played today. He shoudld just retire as opposed to stealing a paycheck

pete74
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I love Smith but like i said before the season Hood should be starting

GMU Steeler
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Hopefully this means that Hood will start now. Love what Smith has done over the years for us but it is clear as day that right now Hood is the better player with more upside.

harrison'samonster
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
i have to agree with everybody else. I love Smith and he has been a great member of the team over the years, but Hood is ready to start and make big plays.

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 06:30 PM
i have to agree with everybody else. I love Smith and he has been a great member of the team over the years, but Hood is ready to start and make big plays.

it was apparent last year, and I got flamed for saying aaron smith should be cut this year. hood is more than ready

pete74
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
it was apparent last year, and I got flamed for saying aaron smith should be cut this year. hood is more than ready

i said the same thing last season and was told smith will never take a 2nd seat to hood. if Hood isnt the starter next week we deserve to get run over again

steelerchad
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
besides that, I think at Smith's age and the fact that the NFL will begin testing for HGH this season means Smith's play will likely decline rapidly this season. Of course I don't have any direct knowledge that he's taking anything. But, 3 arm muscle tears in 4 years is enough evidence to make you consider it.