PDA

View Full Version : Gay Meter at -1.

ETL
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
William Gay was virtually a non-factor today.

I saw him give up a short gain to Boldin but it was for a first down and he did not register any sacks or tackles for losses.

To be honest, worrying about William Gay is the least of our problems. Ironically, I wish we were talking about him more. It would be a luxury if he was our worst problem.

Gay did nothing to cost the game but did nothing of value either. I give him a score of (-1) for now.

Kanata-Steeler
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM

I saw him give up a short gain to Boldin but it was for a first down and he did not register any sacks or tackles for losses.

To be honest, worrying about William Gay is the least of our problems. Ironically, I wish we were talking about him more. It would be a luxury if he was our worst problem.

Gay did nothing to cost the game but did nothing of value either. I give him a score of (-1) for now.

I've been saying that for 2 years now, Gay is geberally consistent, and he won't get any better (or worse), then he has been....pretty-well all you're gonna get outta him.
:)

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
toast mcfadden is the guy that needs to get replaced more than anyone else

casteeler
09-11-2011, 07:55 PM
If you wanna beat the Steelers just throw the ball 30 times and pressure Big Ben

Kanata-Steeler
09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
If you wanna beat the Steelers just throw the ball 30 times and pressure Big Ben
It's not that simple, Ben can offtimes make spectacular throws followed by tonites example of absolute stupid chancy throws with no ryhme or reason behind them.
So where is Ariens to provide functional leadership and good play-calling ???
If you can answer that, then Tomlin will probably hire you as the new O-Coordinator.
;)

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 08:20 PM

throw the ball at anyone not named ike taylor and you got yourself a completed pass

fer522
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM
i'm fu@#$g mad

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Gay had a solid game today, 3 passes broken up. What's the gay meter at now? lol

btaylor179
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
gay sucks and so does defensive line

Fire Arians
09-18-2011, 06:50 PM
gay sucks and so does defensive line

yeah i don't think he's great either but i'll recognize when he has a good game at least

GMU Steeler
09-18-2011, 07:01 PM
He wasn't bad today. If we're going to criticize him when he does bad which is fine in my eyes, then we should do the same when he has a decent game.

JustinM
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM

the game against the Ravens made Gay look good compared to his normal, typical self.

ETL
09-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Fellow fans,

I did not see the game as it was not broadcast in the Chicago area. After watching the game rebroadcast on the NFL network, I will submit the highly anticipated ... Gay Meter reading!

tanda10506
09-19-2011, 01:11 AM
I thought Gay played real well. I wasn't 100% focused on him, but I don't remember seeing him get burnt. He tackled well on run plays and had a few good pass defenses. I liked the hard it to break up the catch. I'm not jumping to conclusions because Gay has been so bad for so long, but if he can even at least normally play just as good as he did today, that would be a huge help. Don't know what to put the meter at, but he played well.

Steeldude
09-19-2011, 01:45 AM
I thought Gay played real well. I wasn't 100% focused on him, but I don't remember seeing him get burnt. He tackled well on run plays and had a few good pass defenses. I liked the hard it to break up the catch. I'm not jumping to conclusions because Gay has been so bad for so long, but if he can even at least normally play just as good as he did today, that would be a huge help. Don't know what to put the meter at, but he played well.

now if only mcfadden would play well

solardave
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I've been saying that for 2 years now, Gay is geberally consistent, and he won't get any better (or worse), then he has been....pretty-well all you're gonna get outta him.
:)

Wait. Are you saying he's a Gerbel? Now I'm confused. I thought he was a CB.:sofunny:

ricardisimo
09-20-2011, 09:31 AM
now if only mcfadden would play well
Actually McFadden played really well... which is to say not at all. I realize it's a bit of a double-standard for me to bag on BMac while defending Gay. They both need to be upgraded, but it just seems to me Gay's a whole lot cheaper and actually makes plays on the ball from time-to-time, which sometimes works out and sometimes not, but it's a worthy effort. McFadden? Never.

ebsteelers
09-20-2011, 09:52 AM
maybe with another year in the league gay will be improved... idk wishful thinking