PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Tired and Rusty

Hayeksheroes
09-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Steelers looked like Penn. Community college. 7 turnovers. Harrison is a step slow. Aaron Smith is too old. Please retire. Thank you for all the great years. Ben looks worse than a rookie. You can't just throw it up there. The OL is full of holes. Awful.
Gay , McFadden, please replace.

What is Arians doing coaching at this level? Please tell me.

Steelers at this rate are going 2-14 or 3-13. No seriously, what was that today?

StainlessStill
09-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Steelers looked like Penn. Community college. 7 turnovers. Harrison is a step slow. Aaron Smith is too old. Please retire. Thank you for all the great years. Ben looks worse than a rookie. You can't just throw it up there. The OL is full of holes. Awful.
Gay , McFadden, please replace.

What is Arians doing coaching at this level? Please tell me.

Steelers at this rate are going 2-14 or 3-13. No seriously, what was that today?

The Buffalo Bills kicked New England's ass, 31-0 in the 2003 opener. New England went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's one game. We weren't in Balty's league today. This was their everything today. They won't look that good the rest of the season and we certainly won't look that bad. Back to the drawing board, we'll be alright.

SH-Rock
09-11-2011, 09:17 PM
The Buffalo Bills kicked New England's ass, 31-0 in the 2003 opener. New England went on to win the Super Bowl.

It's one game. We weren't in Balty's league today. This was their everything today. They won't look that good the rest of the season and we certainly won't look that bad. Back to the drawing board, we'll be alright.

Excellent point made Stainless. We should all be looking at Tomlin. We know the team is capable, and when a good team loses it's usually to coaching/discipline. So let's see how Tomlin how he addresses this adversity, hopefully like previous years. Let's hope he bring "hell this year and uh December".

Baltimore Ravens Fan
09-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't think the Steelers have anything to worry about this season as far as losing that badly again or not going above .500 or something like that, but I would be worried about your offensive line play and cornerbacks.

I was suprised they didn't address the cornerback situation in the Draft. They had Aaron Williams from Texas there for the taking, he would have been a great addition!

Hayeksheroes
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Excellent point made Stainless. We should all be looking at Tomlin. We know the team is capable, and when a good team loses it's usually to coaching/discipline. So let's see how Tomlin how he addresses this adversity, hopefully like previous years. Let's hope he bring "hell this year and uh December".

I expect better from these veterans. This is not a rookie team.

Fire Arians
09-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't think the Steelers have anything to worry about this season as far as losing that badly again or not going above .500 or something like that, but I would be worried about your offensive line play and cornerbacks.

I was suprised they didn't address the cornerback situation in the Draft. They had Aaron Williams from Texas there for the taking, he would have been a great addition!

They did a good job on the draft imo. Heyward was a good pick because I don't see kiesel lasting too much longer before he needs to be replaced, our D-line is old. marcus gilbert was taken in rd 2 to help our o-line, and picks 3&4 were good. curtis brown looked good in preseason and I expect him to get some play time midway through the season

StainlessStill
09-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I expect better from these veterans. This is not a rookie team.

The sky isn't falling. This is something to where EVERY sing wheel fell off. We moved the ball at times but the turnovers were laughable and it was just bad play from the Steelers all around. We turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. You can't expect that to translate all season. It's fixable, we just have to be more in-tune limit turnovers to give ourselves rhythm and chance. We didn't have it today, but next time, we will. Baltimore played their best, we played our worst. So be it. Nothing that is make or break.

Hayeksheroes
09-11-2011, 09:43 PM
The sky isn't falling. This is something to where EVERY sing wheel fell off. We moved the ball at times but the turnovers were laughable and it was just bad play from the Steelers all around. We turned the ball over 3 times in the redzone. You can't expect that to translate all season. It's fixable, we just have to be more in-tune limit turnovers to give ourselves rhythm and chance. We didn't have it today, but next time, we will. Baltimore played their best, we played our worst. So be it. Nothing that is make or break.

I hope you are right. This is a disciplined team that played undisplinced football. What can Tomlin do in a week to fix the problems?

MACH1
09-11-2011, 09:53 PM

They also didn't have airhead as an oc. :rolleyes:

Curtain_of_Steel
09-11-2011, 11:52 PM
well perhaps having 18 days off from their last game didnt help much. I hate that the starters dont play in the last preseason game.

Was Hood even on the field? I watched and looked for him and didnt see him. Please tell me smith isnt the man in full now. Because he is washed up

steeltheone
09-12-2011, 02:01 AM
well perhaps having 18 days off from their last game didnt help much. I hate that the starters dont play in the last preseason game.

Was Hood even on the field? I watched and looked for him and didnt see him. Please tell me smith isnt the man in full now. Because he is washed up

Smith, Farrior, Hampton and kiesel all need replaced...I've been singing this song all year...one of them alone is not sobad, togather, just to old and slow.

Clark and Mcfadden terrible in coverage...Clark can still hit but after a 20 yard catch.

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:51 AM
They did a good job on the draft imo. Heyward was a good pick because I don't see kiesel lasting too much longer before he needs to be replaced, our D-line is old. marcus gilbert was taken in rd 2 to help our o-line, and picks 3&4 were good. curtis brown looked good in preseason and I expect him to get some play time midway through the season

Your entire defense is old minus a couple of players. Three of your starters are in thier mid 30's, and four more are in their early 30's, and your best player on defense is 30. Not talking smack but they are old. You have young guys like Timmons, Woodley, and Heyward, but you have guys that are 30+ across the board.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Your entire defense is old minus a couple of players. Three of your starters are in thier mid 30's, and four more are in their early 30's, and your best player on defense is 30. Not talking smack but they are old. You have young guys like Timmons, Woodley, and Heyward, but you have guys that are 30+ across the board.

I didn't say they weren't, I'm just saying that the draft we did was smart, and the choices were all centered around adding youth to the lineup. you mentioned heyward, he was brought in to replace one of the 30somethings on the DL (keisel) probably next year.

worilds was drafted last year to replace harrison eventually and sylvester for farrior.

corners were selected in rds 3 and 4 in hopes that one could eventually become a #2 corner opposite of ike. Gilbert in round 2 was also a smart pick because although our offensive line is a young unit, they suck with the exception of pouncey and colon

also we have ziggy, but lebeau wants smith in there for some stupid reason. ziggy is a better DE than smith in this stage of their careers.