PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself...

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm not exactly new, I've posted here quite a bit. But I realized I have never really introduced myself.
1st off, I want to thank Mike for making SF a great informative site, and Matt for keeping the forum in order. I also want to say that the only reason I started posting in this forum is because everyone here seems nice. I am sick of looking through other boards and seeing the negativity that comes out of these so-called Steeler fans.
Well a little about myself...I'm from Dayton, Oh :o I have been a die hard Steeler fan since I was a baby (I was even wrapped in a terrible towel at birth). Actually, my son was too! He is my pride and joy, with the Steelers at a close 2nd :D My Dad always jokes around about how I am such a girlie girl, except on Sundays when I get a little crazy. Actually I'm worse than most guys I know, but anyways..just wanted to say HI!!!

clevestinks
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hello and Welcome! Couldn`t agree more with everything you said about this site. SF is ran top notch. My daughter had a Terry Bradshaw bib on within 5 minutes of her birth, and those photos are priceless. Daddy`s little girl is eleven now, and a huge Steelers fan.

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Yah my son just turned 14 months...he's a St. Patty's Baby!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Thats so awesome that you were wrapped in a terrible just after being born!! you were destined to bleed black n gold girl!! right on !!!

You're a great addition to SF,and we're glad to have you! keep on posting away and having fun. !!

bigbensgirl7
05-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks Matt...I WILL :talker: :football:

Steelersfan
05-19-2005, 12:29 AM
That's an awesome sig you got there.

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks...BigBen2Ward made it

Steelersfan
05-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Your welcome.
My wife would love that. Gotta keep her out of here so I don't have to learn how to make sigs!......lol

steelersgirl86
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi, I am so glad we have so many fans here in Ohio. It is true what you said there are all nice die hard steelers fans here.... :bouncy:

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 09:52 AM
steelergirl...yah, i love the fact that I am surrounded by Steeler fans here in Ohio, I swear I meet a new fan every day...it's great. And it's good to have other girls around in this so called man's sport!!! I don't know how many times I prove guys wrong with actually facts and statistics...and they still don't think I know what I'm talking about because I'm a girl...Us Steeler Girls have to stick together!!!! :)

steelersgirl86
05-19-2005, 11:17 AM
You said it...we do have to stick together...It is not a man's sport anymore. They might not let us play but we know how.... :)

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Hell yah we do. I think it's the best feeling prooving some of the sexist men wrong! Were I go to watch the games there are a few guys up there that try to challenge me, and I love making them look like morons. I've earned the respect from most of the other guys up there! But it's alway great to meet other women who know football esp. when the are Steeler fans!

steelersgirl86
05-19-2005, 02:11 PM
I hear you...We all need to get together we have a few girls in our bunch that loves steelers and know football. Except my mom she loves the steelers and will cheer them on all the way but when it comes to knowing plays and calls :help: look out...

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 02:28 PM
My mom is the exact same way...but my step mom knows what she is talking about (if your around my dad for long enough you would have to understand football...even if you didn't like it) BUT WE :heart: IT!!!

clevestinks
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Steeler girl we have the same mother, and I`m telling on you. Nay, Nay Nay.

LOL.

I will say one thing Steelers Girls Do Rock. I have my wife, my daughter, my sister. and three of my sister in laws all as Steelers fans and we live in Cleve area. Now I will have a fourth sis in law coming in from Calif for the Steelers for the Steelers Womens training camp, and she was a Red Blooded Falcons fan, since she was a Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for six years, now she is coming to the real side. We will have have 8 girls total so far from Ohio, Big Bens Girl you will be sorry if you miss it. We will be printing up Ohio Steelers Girls t shirts for the camp. and selling them for cost.

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey Cleve...when is it???

clevestinks
05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Still waiting on the Steelers to announce it! Usually the last Sunday in July or first Sun in Aug.

bigbensgirl7
05-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Well I'd love to go. I'll have to see if I can get someone to watch my son. I have relatives all around Pittsburgh...so maybe on of them can watch him. If so, count me in!!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I'd love to send crunchiebus to the womens camp, but her new job just wont allow her the weekend off just yet.. so Im shooting for next year. If we have our SF tshirts by then, u'll all have to get a pic wearing them for us to put up on here! :cool:

BB2W
05-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Happy Birthday!!! :cheers: :cake: :beerbang: :alcohol:

bigbensgirl7
05-20-2005, 12:38 AM
awww...thanks BB2W ;) but now I'm just a year older :o Time to party :chug: :party:

steelersgirl86
05-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Dont worry mom will understand.... I already told her what I said... :blah: :blah: :blah:

bigbensgirl7, you will love the training camp. It is awesome. Last year was my first year and I will never miss it. If you cant get someone to watch your son bring him clevestinks can watch him....haha just kidding he has enough to watch...and take pictures, and get autographs......

Clevestinks...you better get moving on the tshirts it is already the end of May... :banana:

bigbensgirl7
05-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Yah...it definately sounds like a blast!!! I hope I can make it!