PDA

View Full Version : WTF was that?

RavensD
09-12-2011, 12:44 AM
First, just want to say I'm not here to talk smack or any of that crap. Happy as hell though, obviously.

But PIT's defense looked much slower than normal out there today. Even Dickson got behind Polamalu on that TD grab.

Was this just a bad week, or a sign of things to come?

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 12:48 AM
just a bad week.

ravens were playing for their playoff lives.

steelers were playing the 1st game of the new season.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Cmon people, don't really feel like listening to all the shit talking.
Just want to know if you guys think that the defense is finally starting to show their age, you'd know better than I do.

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Just want to know if you guys think that the defense is finally starting to show their age, you'd know better than I do.w/o the interjection of the ravens troll, i will say that while our oldest unit didnt cause any turnovers, it was our youger offensive unit who gave up seven.

our defensive stars are no older than ray lewis or ed reed, so take that as an honest inside answer to your inquiry.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:14 AM
w/o the interjection of the ravens troll, i will say that while our oldest unit didnt cause any turnovers, it was our youger offensive unit who gave up seven.

our defensive stars are no older than ray lewis or ed reed, so take that as an honest inside answer to your inquiry.

Well, I think that's a bit of a misconception, because our defensive starters on average, are something like 2 years younger than PIT's is, and Ngata and Suggs are in their 20s...

Truth be told, I'm hoping that this was just a bad week. I want revenge for the ass whoopings we got in the playoffs in 08 and last year, but not if the defense is in decline. Would really feel like an empty win if we lost when you were at your best, and won when you weren't.

Guess we'll find out for sure in a couple months..

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
and dude...this opinion is all over this forum from steeler fans
whats the difference who says it?

I haven't read much on here. I think it's in bad taste to stick around these parts after the way the game went today...but that's just me, I'm not a ****y asshole, ya know.

It matters whose opinion it is because they follow their team / players much closer than we do. I won't pretend like I know their team better than they do.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:27 AM
haha, the profanity filter is hilarious. I can say "asshole" but not c ocky

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Well, I think that's a bit of a misconception, because our defensive starters on average, are something like 2 years younger than PIT's is, and Ngata and Suggs are in their 20s...

Truth be told, I'm hoping that this was just a bad week. I want revenge for the ass whoopings we got in the playoffs in 08 and last year, but not if the defense is in decline. Would really feel like an empty win if we lost when you were at your best, and won when you weren't.

Guess we'll find out for sure in a couple months..it is a misconception. you guys have rookie jimmy smith (who was out of the game before the 1st series) and mount cody replacing kelly gregg (and maybe afew other switches).

the point is that our defense is relatively just as old as last year when we lost to the ravens in week 4.

you are obviously not getting an answer you would like to hear. too bad. youre probably not gonna get it here.

youre not telling me you are worried about the bungles and browns defense just because they are younger, are you?

like they say, youth is wasted on the young.

i will re-emphasize that this was like the preseason, re-do version of the pretend, make up 2010 AFCC make-up game for the ravens.

it is very understandable why they wanted it more (to avenge last years demons and try to make up for horrible chokejobs).

for the steelers it was just another game vs a divisional opponent. as much as our team hates your team, you guys are still on equal grounds as the browns and bungles.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 01:30 AM
they just looked like they had no sense of urgency the entire game. the ravens wanted to win 3x as badly as the steelers and it showed.

taking nothing away from the ravens, they totally deserved the W today.

Neo
09-12-2011, 01:31 AM
First, just want to say I'm not here to talk smack or any of that crap. Happy as hell though, obviously.

But PIT's defense looked much slower than normal out there today. Even Dickson got behind Polamalu on that TD grab.

Was this just a bad week, or a sign of things to come?

Dude don't worry about people calling you a troll. Seem's like you came in peace and asked a legit question. If you ask me, seem's like the so-called bullies of the AFC North got bullied and it didn't sit well with some. They got a little dose of reality, and the reality is that they are aging. They have some good young pieces Like Woodley, Timmons, and Heyward. But who else do they have?

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:39 AM
ravens D
cmon man
they r all over 24 x 7
and i dont know their team as well
but i know football
and best of all
I CAN B UNBIASED
and not rude..i tried to b cool w dude..u can check...
but hes trying to little boy me...over a game he or I didnt play in,or get paid for
its not about being here...hes very extra and mad..you dont have to justify his actions just bcuz youre here at the moment
honestly..he wont like you either,so please dont turn your back on me,BROTHER!!!!
we tried,lets just go home

ha, not turning my back on you bro, and I don't think I will lose much sleep if I win his approval or get his contempt.

Probably right, should just go home...this was bad timing. I wanted to ask this during the game, but that's just asking for trouble and a bit trollish.

Anyway, thanks for the responses everyone.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Dude don't worry about people calling you a troll. Seem's like you came in peace and asked a legit question. If you ask me, seem's like the so-called bullies of the AFC North got bullied and it didn't sit well with some. They got a little dose of reality, and the reality is that they are aging. They have some good young pieces Like Woodley, Timmons, and Heyward. But who else do they have?

I expected a lot worse than "troll", so it's all good.

My opinion based off of this one game, is that they just didn't look as fast as they used to. Just was looking for confirmation or rebuttal.

I really dont care what the media has to say, since they usually have their heads up their asses. Would rather hear what PIT fans honestly think.

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 01:44 AM
who the hell let the incomprehensible prose of thumper back in here???

I was thinking
the same
exact
thing. :sofunny:

They have some good young pieces Like Woodley, Timmons, and Heyward. But who else do they have?

:doh:

Are you just talking about on defense? Ever hear of guys named Polamalu and Harrison? How about Farrior and Taylor? Hampton, Keisel, and Smith maybe? :noidea:

The fact is this was the Ravens Super Bowl. Just like when the Browns and Bengals get a win against us. If I remember correctly, the Ravens beat us in the first matchup last season as well. Enjoy the win Ravens fans, but remember this .... the games in September aren't as important as the ones in January. :popcorn:

RavensD
09-12-2011, 01:45 AM
for the steelers it was just another game vs a divisional opponent. as much as our team hates your team, you guys are still on equal grounds as the browns and bungles.

Well, if you really believe that, more power to you. I have the feeling that a lot of your other fans would disagree with that.

Neo
09-12-2011, 01:57 AM
Are you just talking about on defense? Ever hear of guys named Polamalu and Harrison? How about Farrior and Taylor? Hampton, Keisel, and Smith maybe? :noidea:

I said YOUNG players. All the guys you named above are 30+ and three are in thier mid-30's. And isn't Polamalu injury prone? His is 30, and he's not getting any yonger. Just sayin.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 01:59 AM
I said YOUNG players. All the guys you named above are 30+ and three are in thier mid-30's. And isn't Polamalu injury prone? His is 30, and he's not getting any yonger. Just sayin.

age isn't everything, you think ray lewis and ed reed should just hang it up because they're over 30?

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:04 AM
age isn't everything, you think ray lewis and ed reed should just hang it up because they're over 30?

No, but when a majority of your starters are 30+, that doesn't bode well for the future. The way Polamalu plays, I say he can play at a high level for another 3 years , which is kinda ironic, because isn't that the length of his new contract? Do you have a backup plan just in case he doesn't make it the three years?

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 02:04 AM

You don't know anything about the Steelers, do you? Look back through our recent history with aging players. We have a great track record of knowing when to let the aging veteran go and bring in his replacement. We don't rebuild ... we just reload.

Like I said ... congrats on winning your Super Bowl. :drink:

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:09 AM
You don't know anything about the Steelers, do you? Look back through our recent history with aging players. We have a great track record of knowing when to let the aging veteran go and bring in his replacement. We don't rebuild ... we just reload.

Like I said ... congrats on winning your Super Bowl. :drink:

Your luck won't last forever, nothing does. Sorry, I don't know much about the Steelers because I don't follow them, but common sense tells me that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good thing.

DanRooney
09-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Ben played like a vagina. Though he was harrassed on several plays due to Doug Legursky and Jonathan Scott sucking ass, it seemed like he was seeing pressure on plays when there was none there. Sidearming passes...tiptoeing from side to side. You could see the deer in the headlight look in his eyes everytime the camera zoomed in on his face. The Ravens defensive front sure did instill some fear in him.

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Your luck won't last forever, nothing does.
True, and neither will yours. Lets see what happens the next time we play. Last time I checked, no team has ever won a Super Bowl in September.

Sorry, I don't know much about the Steelers because I don't follow them,
Then don't make statements about something you know nothing about.

but common sense tells me that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good thing.
That's my point ... the Steelers don't put their eggs in one basket. I remember a lot of Steelers fans bitching about Polamalu and Timmons being busts after one or two seasons. And I remember a lot of moaning and groaning when we let Porter walk and replaced him with some unproven guy named James Harrison.

You're right about the fact that we have a lot of older players on defense. But we know when to let them go and reload. And last time I checked, we've been to 8 Super Bowls. How many have the Ravens/Browns been to? Oh yeah ... one.

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:34 AM
True, and neither will yours. Lets see what happens the next time we play. Last time I checked, no team has ever won a Super Bowl in September.

Then don't make statements about something you know nothing about.

That's my point ... the Steelers don't put their eggs in one basket. I remember a lot of Steelers fans bitching about Polamalu and Timmons being busts after one or two seasons. And I remember a lot of moaning and groaning when we let Porter walk and replaced him with some unproven guy named James Harrison.

You're right about the fact that we have a lot of older players on defense. But we know when to let them go and reload. And last time I checked, we've been to 8 Super Bowls. How many have the Ravens/Browns been to? Oh yeah ... one.
I thought it was possible to have an actual conversation with a Steeler fan without them shitting on you. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, I am glad I am not a full time member of this forum. I do realize that you may still be upset after today's game, your ass may be a little sore, but that's ok.

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 02:44 AM
I thought it was possible to have an actual conversation with a Steeler fan without them shitting on you. I guess I was wrong.
How was I shitting on you? You made inaccurate statements and I corrected you.

I am glad I am not a full time member of this forum.

Finally, something we can agree on.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 02:47 AM
I thought it was possible to have an actual conversation with a Steeler fan without them shitting on you. I guess I was wrong. Oh well, I am glad I am not a full time member of this forum. I do realize that you may still be upset after today's game, your ass may be a little sore, but that's ok.

you set yourself up for it when you criticize the organization's roster moves without even knowing much about the steelers to begin with, and admitting it. you can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you want to discuss football and you don't know what you're talking about.

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:57 AM
you set yourself up for it when you criticize the organization's roster moves without even knowing much about the steelers to begin with, and admitting it. you can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you want to discuss football and you don't know what you're talking about.
No, I was just pointing out that you have an aging defense and I get the very basic "F*ck You.suck my d*ck, my team is better than yours" response . Why is it that Steeler fans think they know everything about the other teams but when someone trys to hold a conversation about your team, it just gets thrown back in your face. I haven't met a Steeler fan yet in my life that can actually hold an intelligent conversation.

Neo
09-12-2011, 02:58 AM
My mistake trying to be civil. I won't make that mistake again.

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 03:04 AM
I haven't met a Steeler fan yet in my life that can actually hold an intelligent conversation.

Would you be here right now trying to have an intelligent conversation if the Ravens had lost? :noidea:

OX1947
09-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Where did all these Ravens fans come from? You clowns won ONE regular season game at home in which you played the perfect game while the Steelers played their worst. What's with all this bullshit about how superior your team is? You guys lose when it matters. Until you don't, then you can waste everyone's time coming to a Steeler board and arguing your vaginas off. Enjoy your regular season Super Bowl. We will see if you can repeat it in November and in January.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Would you be here right now trying to have an intelligent conversation if the Ravens had lost? :noidea:

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I would. I love football as much as anyone, but I don't take it that seriously that I act like a ****.

Not saying that anyone is acting like a ****, mind you..

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 03:14 AM
I know it wasn't directed at me, but I would. I love football as much as anyone, but I don't take it that seriously that I act like a ****.

Not saying that anyone is acting like a ****, mind you..

You've been a member here since 2009 and have 39 posts. I guess you only come here to talk football when the Ravens beat us, which would explain why you only have 39 posts.

I apologize if pointing that out makes me a ****. :coffee:

solardave
09-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Just want to know if you guys think that the defense is finally starting to show their age, you'd know better than I do.

If you don't want to listen go back to your own board. You come on here while we're still pissed off and want us to bow to you? WE LOST THIS GAME all by ourselves because of poor play. Your guys to their credit took advantage.

solardave
09-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Your luck won't last forever, nothing does. Sorry, I don't know much about the Steelers because I don't follow them, but common sense tells me that putting all your eggs in one basket isn't a good thing.

LUCK. We don't need luck. If you don't follow the Steelers than take your sorry ass back to your own board troll! Here's the difference,when we beat you guys I NEVER and I mean never think about going on one of your boards. You know why? The Ravens are just one of the OTHER 31 teams. You're NOT in our heads. Apparently WE OWN YOU!!!! or you wouldn't be here. This goes for all of you Ravens fans here.

solardave
09-12-2011, 03:42 AM
Ben played like a vagina. Though he was harrassed on several plays due to Doug Legursky and Jonathan Scott sucking ass, it seemed like he was seeing pressure on plays when there was none there. Sidearming passes...tiptoeing from side to side. You could see the deer in the headlight look in his eyes everytime the camera zoomed in on his face. The Ravens defensive front sure did instill some fear in him.

He was doing his Flacco in the playoffs impersonation.

Neo
09-12-2011, 03:44 AM
If you don't want to listen go back to your own board. You come on here while we're still pissed off and want us to bow to you? WE LOST THIS GAME all by ourselves because of poor play. Your guys to their credit took advantage.
I just joined not too long ago. More than likely I would have. I am a fan of the sport.
You've been a member here since 2009 and have 39 posts. I guess you only come here to talk football when the Ravens beat us, which would explain why you only have 39 posts.

Then you have to ask yourself "what fan of another team, in their right mind, would ever come on here, just to talk football with Steeler fans. Too bad I had to find out the hard way. If would have known, I would not have even bothered signing up.

Neo
09-12-2011, 04:03 AM
LUCK. We don't need luck. If you don't follow the Steelers than take your sorry ass back to your own board troll! Here's the difference,when we beat you guys I NEVER and I mean never think about going on one of your boards. You know why? The Ravens are just one of the OTHER 31 teams. You're NOT in our heads. Apparently WE OWN YOU!!!! or you wouldn't be here. This goes for all of you Ravens fans here.

Wow, you guys are real class acts. Yea it's hard for you guys to imagine a fan from another team just wanting to talk about football with someone with another team. If we aren't Steeler fans then we are just trolls. No wonder you guys are the most hated fan base in the NFL. It's not because your team is good, it's because you cannot treat non-steeler fans like human beings.

Neo
09-12-2011, 04:11 AM

And by the way dipshit, I am not a Raven fan. I was just scrolling through the forum to see if there was any info on today's game and I saw something that interested me, so I commented on it. Big surprise right. From the top of the organization, all the way down to the fanbase, NO CLASS. Today's little fight in the Ravens game proved that.

TRH
09-12-2011, 06:34 AM
We're too g***damn old. People wanted to keep Farrior and Foote around....so there ya go, thats what you get. And Harrison, although making a number of tackles early, looked like he was 70 yrs old, he was having such a tough time in the conditioning/breathing area.
Also, we refuse to mix up the defensive scheme. And we keep going with the SAME defensive backfield, known for getting abused and picked apart, and that part, will only get worse this year.
Gonna be a long year.

steeltheone
09-12-2011, 06:48 AM
We're too g***damn old. People wanted to keep Farrior and Foote around....so there ya go, thats what you get. And Harrison, although making a number of tackles early, looked like he was 70 yrs old, he was having such a tough time in the conditioning/breathing area.
Also, we refuse to mix up the defensive scheme. And we keep going with the SAME defensive backfield, known for getting abused and picked apart, and that part, will only get worse this year.
Gonna be a long year.

I'll bet Smith and kiesel both start this week....Clark,Fadden,Foote and Farrior could not cover my grandmother...Hampton is fat and over paid.

Ike looked great...Timmons needs to step it up!

SteelCityMom
09-12-2011, 06:52 AM

It's not luck that keeps the Steelers SB contenders year after year. It's a solid foundation within the organization...top to bottom.

Also, Ziggy Hood, Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Ryan Mundy, Stevenson Sylvester, Jason Worilds....all guys being groomed to take over within the system. There is no luck in the Steelers defense, and they don't put all their eggs in one basket. That is why practically year after year, the Steelers defense is at the top of the pack. And yes, it is sometimes at the cost of a better OL or offense.

SteelCityMom
09-12-2011, 07:03 AM
And by the way dipshit, I am not a Raven fan. I was just scrolling through the forum to see if there was any info on today's game and I saw something that interested me, so I commented on it. Big surprise right. From the top of the organization, all the way down to the fanbase, NO CLASS. Today's little fight in the Ravens game proved that.

Chill out. You came here the day of a loss...what did you honestly expect?

We're welcoming of other teams fans (who honestly are not here to troll), but when fans of your biggest rival (which I guess you aren't...but you can see how some would get that impression) suddenly come out of the woodwork after a huge loss...you have to expect some backlash lol. It's common sense. And it happens on every single sports board I've ever been to.

As far as the class comment goes...there are sports fans (and players) from every team and every sport that have them. Quit pretending that just because you came here the day of the loss and encountered a few pissed off fans, that it applies to us most. Extremely naive, and nothing but a generalization. I could have said the same thing 100 times over if I went to every teams board and poked them with a stick after they just got beat. Take it with a grain of salt and move on.

zsheik22
09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey Neo.... Im sure you being a smug little jerk-off has absolutely nothing to do with why people tell you off....

Sorry Steeler fans correct you and call you out on the BS that resonates from your dirty little d*ck beaters.

SouthTexasSteel
09-12-2011, 08:17 AM
It's not luck that keeps the Steelers SB contenders year after year. It's a solid foundation within the organization...top to bottom.

Also, Ziggy Hood, Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Ryan Mundy, Stevenson Sylvester, Jason Worilds....all guys being groomed to take over within the system. There is no luck in the Steelers defense, and they don't put all their eggs in one basket. That is why practically year after year, the Steelers defense is at the top of the pack. And yes, it is sometimes at the cost of a better OL or offense.

And might I add, one mister Cameron Heyward... :thumbsup:

RavensD
09-12-2011, 10:25 AM

Typical douche response. I asked a simple question. I'm not trolling or expecting anyone to bow to me.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM

No, actually I dont do that. I dont post here often because, well, most of you people are classless morons.

** No offense to the few awesome Steeler fans I have encountered on here.

RavensD
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Gonna be a long year.

Well, that was one of my first thoughts, and the reason for this thread. It seemed that the playcalling was less aggressive than it typically is, and perhaps that played a role in why the D seemed so off..

LVSteelersfan
09-12-2011, 10:49 AM
This game was just an anomaly. The Steelers D looked extremely fast in the preseason. That doesn't change overnight. They were obviously not ready to play. They were on the field way too much because the Steelers O turned the ball over so many times. And Lebeau's schemes are being figured out because most of the league is heading toward that 3-4 defense so they know how to play against it. He needs to change things up but I don't know if he is capable. Putting Foote in there to replace Farrior instead of Sylvester is a real head scratcher. And Gay can't cover my grandmother. He is not old. Why they don't just try some of the younger guys is beyond me. They obviously couldn't do any worse. This is on the coaching staff and Ben.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 10:57 AM
No, I was just pointing out that you have an aging defense and I get the very basic "F*ck You.suck my d*ck, my team is better than yours" response . Why is it that Steeler fans think they know everything about the other teams but when someone trys to hold a conversation about your team, it just gets thrown back in your face. I haven't met a Steeler fan yet in my life that can actually hold an intelligent conversation.

if you're looking for an intelligent conversation, starting it off with "I don't know much about your team" isn't the way to do it. Nobody will take you seriously even if you were a steelers fan

CaliStillersFan
09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
It looked to me that they were more concerned with getting out of Baltimore with no injuries than they were with playing, let alone winning that game. They played yesterday with ZERO intensity; they didn't look fired up before the game even started, and it carried through the entire day. If they don't win over the next 2 weeks by more than 21 points, then I'd say it's going to be a VERY long season. Seattle and a Manningless Colts should be blow out wins.

CaliStillersFan
09-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, that was one of my first thoughts, and the reason for this thread. It seemed that the playcalling was less aggressive than it typically is, and perhaps that played a role in why the D seemed so off..

Farrior and Foote I agree with but Harrison had 2 surgeries on his back in the off season, it's going to take him awhile to be back at full strength, he'll be fine.

1/28/01
09-12-2011, 11:09 AM
just a bad week.

ravens were playing for their playoff lives.

steelers were playing the 1st game of the new season.
So, you guys didnt want to win the game? Come on!!!

1/28/01
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
it is a misconception. you guys have rookie jimmy smith (who was out of the game before the 1st series) and mount cody replacing kelly gregg (and maybe afew other switches).

the point is that our defense is relatively just as old as last year when we lost to the ravens in week 4.

you are obviously not getting an answer you would like to hear. too bad. youre probably not gonna get it here.

youre not telling me you are worried about the bungles and browns defense just because they are younger, are you?

like they say, youth is wasted on the young.

i will re-emphasize that this was like the preseason, re-do version of the pretend, make up 2010 AFCC make-up game for the ravens.

it is very understandable why they wanted it more (to avenge last years demons and try to make up for horrible chokejobs).

For someone with so many posts and what I would think is knowledge of the game, you really give no respect to divisional opponents!

Well, heres to you guys taking other games "seriously", since this one apparently meant nothing to you ;)

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I dont post here often because, well, most of you people are classless morons.

For the record, on another Steelers board I'm a member of, one of the most popular members is a Ravens fan. He hangs out and talks football all the time. He doesn't just show up after the Ravens win. And there have been plenty of fans of other teams who have fit in well here. So yes, me and other members here are quite capable of having class and interacting with fans of other teams. But being a fan of our biggest rival and showing up right after we lost and played one of the worst games we've played in a long time, that doesn't show much class on your and Neo's part.

Even if you're not a troll, you should be smart enough to understand that fans like to vent after a tough loss. You can't just show up after the Ravens win and not expect us to think you're a troll. Let me ask you a question ... after the Steelers beat the Ravens in the playoffs last year, how would I have been treated on Ravens boards if I showed up after the game and wanted to have "intelligent football discussions"? I'm sure I would have been treated MUCH worse than you guys were.

It's quite natural for fans of any team to vent after a tough loss. You go to any team's board, and you'll see the same thing. Even a Ravens board.

MACH1
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
For the record, on another Steelers board I'm a member of, one of the most popular members is a Ravens fan. He hangs out and talks football all the time. He doesn't just show up after the Ravens win. And there have been plenty of fans of other teams who have fit in well here. So yes, me and other members here are quite capable of having class and interacting with fans of other teams. But being a fan of our biggest rival and showing up right after we lost and played one of the worst games we've played in a long time, that doesn't show much class on your and Neo's part.

Even if you're not a troll, you should be smart enough to understand that fans like to vent after a tough loss. You can't just show up after the Ravens win and not expect us to think you're a troll. Let me ask you a question ... after the Steelers beat the Ravens in the playoffs last year, how would I have been treated on Ravens boards if I showed up after the game and wanted to have "intelligent football discussions"? I'm sure I would have been treated MUCH worse than you guys were.

It's quite natural for fans of any team to vent after a tough loss. You go to any team's board, and you'll see the same thing. Even a Ravens board.

I'm sure showing up over there gloating like they are would have gotten them the ban hammer fairly quick.

neutral
09-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Wallace108, I signed up and created an account just to say this: you are a credit to this forum and to Steelers fans as a whole due to your tolerance and intelligence. This might sound disingenuous but I couldn't let those posts go without credit. Thank you.

Need4Sweed
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, you guys are real class acts. Yea it's hard for you guys to imagine a fan from another team just wanting to talk about football with someone with another team. If we aren't Steeler fans then we are just trolls. No wonder you guys are the most hated fan base in the NFL. It's not because your team is good, it's because you cannot treat non-steeler fans like human beings.

Long term success breeds hate. But you wouldn't know anything about that as a Ravens fan. Look cut the shit, you're here to troll and excite us Steelers fans while stating otherwise. One can read into your intentions immediately. But if you're truly up for civil, rational Steelers discussion, stay. If not, fly back to the Ravens nest. Simple.

Wallace108
09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Wallace108, I signed up and created an account just to say this: you are a credit to this forum and to Steelers fans as a whole due to your tolerance and intelligence. This might sound disingenuous but I couldn't let those posts go without credit. Thank you.
Wait, is that sarcasm? :chuckle:
Now that you've joined, I hope you stick around and post. :drink:

Need4Sweed
09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
No, actually I dont do that. I dont post here often because, well, most of you people are classless morons.

** No offense to the few awesome Steeler fans I have encountered on here.

Look bro., if you weren't man enough to come here and discuss football after your Ravens shit themselves in the Playoffs last year. Than your credibility takes a big hit as to why you are here after a Ravens win...it just does. Knowing this, why should we host you with civility? or better yet, why would YOU expect otherwise?

Steelerfreak58
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Came out flat and got beat. It was one game there are fifteen more to go. Shit happens. This should be a good kick in the ass to wake the team up.

GMU Steeler
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
The Ravens outplayed the Steelers. Shit happens. Besides after the Ravens blew that 21-7 lead in the playoffs to the Steelers, beating the Steelers was probably the only thing they had on their mind. No excuses the Steelers looked awful but it was a crappy week. I do think this loss will knock some sense in to them and they'll rebound and Week 7 in Pittsburgh will be more of what we're used to do with these two teams with the Steelers hopefully coming out on top.

RavensD
09-13-2011, 04:47 PM

I apologize for my "classless morons" statement earlier. Perhaps my timing was bad, but I meant no harm coming here.

RavensD
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Look bro., if you weren't man enough to come here and discuss football after your Ravens shit themselves in the Playoffs last year. Than your credibility takes a big hit as to why you are here after a Ravens win...it just does. Knowing this, why should we host you with civility? or better yet, why would YOU expect otherwise?

If that was a serious question, not rhetorical, I was in the hospital when we lost in the playoffs last year.

Or, since I have very few posts here, you can look at my profile and see that I never come here to talk shit.

fer522
09-13-2011, 04:57 PM
If that was a serious question, not rhetorical, I was in the hospital when we lost in the playoffs last year.

Or, since I have very few posts here, you can look at my profile and see that I never come here to talk shit.

welcome bro!!!
you guys kicked our ass
but we'll see you again prolly 2 more times this year
and we'll be ready to go :tt03:

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Welcome to RavensD! We are tolerant of other teams' fans here and like to talk intelligent football and even a bit of smack talk. For reasons already mentioned, it is hard not to view most Ravens fans who sign up the day after a bad loss to the Ravens (a few with derogatory names for our team in their user names) as classless, spineless trolls who are just trying to gloat.

Here's an idea for those idiots, stop by here the next time we hit the eject button on the Ravens in the playoffs if all they want to do is talk "intelligent football". I bet you won't find many of these losers around then. However, I don't feel like you are being a troll. Some of your other brethren ARE though and they can eat a fat bag of d!cks.

Most of us here don't go to Ravens boards thumping our chests after winning a game and trying to rub it in your faces.

Like Wallace said, we have a Ravens fan who is one of our most respected and fun members on another board we hang out at (no, not THAT one Mach! :chuckle:). He gives it and takes it with respect and we show him the same. He can make fun of his team and we can make fun of ours. There's no need to take it so damn seriously.... it's just a game. :drink:

fer522
09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Buddah is it Bobby jr who you speak of :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Buddah is it Bobby jr who you speak of :chuckle:

As well as a few others. :wink02:

WHERE THE HELL IS TIM LUMBER?!?! I would have mortgaged my house to bet he would be here by now. He would make us all feel better. :chuckle:

Wallace108
09-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I apologize for my "classless morons" statement earlier. Perhaps my timing was bad, but I meant no harm coming here.

:drink:

Keep posting, and maybe you'll even learn to like some of us Steelers fans. Except for Buddha ... he really is a classless moron. :sofunny:

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 06:41 PM

Keep posting, and maybe you'll even learn to like some of us Steelers fans. Except for Buddha ... he really is a classless moron. :sofunny:

Troll. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/131212936.gif :troll:

http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/3798349058.gif

fer522
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Indeed :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Indeed :chuckle:

http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/1824088959.gif

Don't feed the troll, fer! :chuckle:

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 07:23 PM
The problem is that Tony gave him the answer, but he didn't want to hear it. Our D is about the same age as the Raven's D ... but the Ravens started a rookie and second year player which skews their stats. Don't get so caught up in the press releases ... this team didn't whip ass in the AFC playoffs last year and come within one play of winning another championship, then suddenly turned old. In fact, it's an insult to the Ravens to suggest this was an old team they beat. It's better for them to know they got revenge on a solid team that was just in the SB.

FanSince72
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
The best I can come up with is that the team was set for Broadband but apparently someone inadvertently punched in a dial up connection just before game time.

kirklandrules
09-14-2011, 09:58 AM
More than anything the players and coach will have to learn how to get "up" for the next game. They obviously were flat in week one. We've seen that before with this team (remember the 5 game losing streak a few years ago?).

Steelerfreak58
09-14-2011, 10:05 AM
(remember the 5 game losing streak a few years ago?).

You mean the "UNLEASH HELL" team? :doh:

kirklandrules
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
You mean the "UNLEASH HELL" team? :doh:

Exactly ... I didn't see too many players looking to unleash hell during that stretch and didn't see it last weekend. Priority 1 for the Steelers is to find a way to "UNLEASH HELL" in week 2.

caplovestroyp43
09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
The best I can come up with is that the team was set for Broadband but apparently someone inadvertently punched in a dial up connection just before game time.

Ya know, I actually LIKE that one!! Cute!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

caplovestroyp43
09-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Exactly ... I didn't see too many players looking to unleash hell during that stretch and didn't see it last weekend. Priority 1 for the Steelers is to find a way to "UNLEASH HELL" in week 2.

AMEN!!!!