PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry Arrested Again

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 02:05 PM
DUI and Speeding..

Lets just get it out there now before 700 threads start with it...

I love the talent Henry has, but I defended him for the last time the previous instance..

DOWN WITH CHRIS HENRY!

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showa...ArticleID=4028

http://www.clermontclerk.org/pa/muni...e_sum?68417341

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Bengals WR Chris Henry arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence

Sirius NFL Radio reports that Bengals WR Chris Henry has been arrested for operating a vehicle under the influence (OVI/Ohio DUI). Sergeant Paul Lezotte of the Batavia, OH (Clairmont County) Patrol Post has confirmed Henry was pulled over for speeding and subsequently arrested for OVI after field sobriety tests.
Advertisment

According to Lezotte, "He was stopped for speeding, 82 in a posted 65 mile per hour zone on the interstate. The officer asked him to perform field sobriety test, a series of field sobriety tests in which he did and then he was subsequently arrested for O-V-I under the officers observations of Mr. Henry."

Henry was arrested in January after a police officer allegedly saw him pull a pistol on a group of revelers. Officers found a Luger on the back seat of a limousine and a loaded magazine in a gutter where Henry was standing, according to police reports.

He was also arrested on counts of improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm, but only charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Chris has successfully completed the hat trick (three arrests in 3 states).

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 02:13 PM
Chris has successfully completed the hat trick (three arrests in 3 states).
Will you be sorry to see him go??? I wont

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Will you be sorry to see him go??? I wont
I'll miss him because he had the potential of being a great receiver down the road, but when you're that stupid you're never going to succeed. This will just open the door for Kelley Washington, Tab Perry, and Reggie McNeal.

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I'll miss him because he had the potential of being a great receiver down the road, but when you're that stupid you're never going to succeed. This will just open the door for Kelley Washington, Tab Perry, and Reggie McNeal.

I agree.. In that aspect, it totally blows... He is an easy #1 receiver in the future.. Well.. What COULD have been his future... With him, chad and TJ, that is just downright scary.. Not to mention Carson..

Oh well.. Thanks for ****ing us over Henry.. Go get yourself killed now

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 02:22 PM
At least although a big mouth, Chad Johnson seems to be an descent guy. You would only hope that he would rub off on Henry!

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 02:24 PM
At least although a big mouth, Chad Johnson seems to be an descent guy. You would only hope that he would rub off on Henry!
Chad does have a big mouth.. But he is not a clueless idiot 'thug'... He appreciates what he has just as much as ANYONE in the NFL. I cant believe Henry has no strong influences from anyone on the team or even family to try to guide him.. He is a kid and obviously way immature. He is pissing his life away and its actually very sad.

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Chad tried to take Henry under his wing during the season but I guess he didn't learn very much.

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Chad tried to take Henry under his wing during the season but I guess he didn't learn very much.
I have no doubt at least Carson, Chad and Marvin tried to reach to this kid, especially after the recent incidents... What is worse, is Henry and Odell are really tight apparently. We need to rid of this rodent before he brings bad tendencies to Odell

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 02:35 PM
What's weird about it is that Chris had virtually none of these problems coming out of college. His only character concerns were due to on-the-field stuff such as celebrating after TD's and slacking off. Now he's become an angel on the field and a dumbass off of it.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 02:36 PM
DUI and Speeding..

I love the talent Henry has, but I defended him for the last time the previous instance..

DOWN WITH CHRIS HENRY!

The sadest thing in life is wasted talent. Chris Henry has all the talent in the world but he is pissing his NFL career away.:dang: :dang: :dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-04-2006, 02:38 PM
What's weird about it is that Chris had virtually none of these problems coming out of college. His only character concerns were due to on-the-field stuff such as celebrating after TD's and slacking off. Now he's become an angel on the field and a dumbass off of it.

I think his ego is his problem now. He probally has that attitude. I'm an NFL player the law can't do nothing to me. I don't like to see anyone waste their talent. Even if it is a player from a rival team. Thats just sad to me.

Ambridge
06-04-2006, 02:57 PM
I think his ego is his problem now. He probally has that attitude. I'm an NFL player the law can't do nothing to me.

Alternative translation-A person who has received some recognition playing football....along with a little bit too much money combined with a lack of common sense.

William Munney
06-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Are the going to release him or give him another chance?

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
What a bum. I would say it's funny, but this scumbag is going to kill somebody before all is said and done. Lock him up already.

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Are the going to release him or give him another chance?

No idea yet... But this would be the third chance

Ohio Steeler
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM

LOL

what was he teching him how to be a thug

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2006, 04:03 PM
DUI and Speeding..

DOWN WITH CHRIS HENRY!

Put him on the FA Market.He's just gonna ruin ur shot of going back to he postseason.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Ummm, I have a question. We are talking about what the Bengals are going to do with this thug punk and that they should put him on the FA market. What about jail? lol.

Isn't that normally where we put the scum of our society?

BengalBrian
06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Ummm, I have a question. We are talking about what the Bengals are going to do with this thug punk and that they should put him on the FA market. What about jail? lol.

I am for that!

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 04:11 PM
I am for that!

Seriously. I don't care if he is sporting Bengal orange and black or Steeler black and gold. This punk is just not getting it.

CantStop85
06-04-2006, 04:28 PM
LOL

what was he teching him how to be a thug
More like how to become an elite receiver and better person off-the-field, smart@$$.

clevestinks
06-04-2006, 04:53 PM
This is what I hoping Ward can do with Holmes! But you never know!

Ambridge
06-04-2006, 04:58 PM

Henry should be in the "Clink" already after the gun charges so I'm guessing he gets off with a light punishment on this deal as well.

Henry and Sean Taylor should both be doing time.

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I'll say here what I said at cincybengals.com, but I'll point out that I really like watching Henry play. I also like to root for former Mountaineers.

If he is guilty of these charges he keeps piling up (which is what I must say out of respect for our system), I hope some judge tosses him in a cell for about six months. It apparently needs to happen or else he's eventually going to get somebody killed and/or end up doing something really stupid that will get him a long stretch in prison.

Somebody also needs to set up a meeting between Henry and Rae Carruth or Cecil Collins. That's his future if he doesn't grow up real fast. I'd like to think we can all agree that would be a shame.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Would it be a shame? Well, yeah. Anytime you see a young kid throw his life away it's a shame.

Do I feel sorry for him? Hell no. He made his bed and now he has to lay in it. The punk is lucky he's not already in jail doing five to ten.

Prosdo
06-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't understand these NFL players who do this stuff. You have an amazing oppurtunity ahead of you. Why screw it up?

Jimmy James
06-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Would it be a shame? Well, yeah. Anytime you see a young kid throw his life away it's a shame.

Cool. That's exactly what I meant.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2006, 10:00 PM
so I'm guessing he gets off with a light punishment on this deal as well.

I agree. Little slap on the wrist. That's about all I see this thug getting. We have to wait until these bums actually kill somebody in order to put them in jail. Then again........look at Leonard Little. Guy get's a DUI homicide and even after that, he get's another DUI. Obviously killing a 47 year old woman was not enough for this guy. He's currently on the Rams roster and making a nice living for himself.

BengalBrian
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I agree. Little slap on the wrist. That's about all I see this thug getting. We have to wait until these bums actually kill somebody in order to put them in jail. Then again........look at Leonard Little. Guy get's a DUI homicide and even after that, he get's another DUI. Obviously killing a 47 year old woman was not enough for this guy. He's currently on the Rams roster and making a nice living for himself.
Lets not forget Ray Lewis.. lol

SteelShooter
06-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Here's a paste of what I posted on the thread about moving the Cincy Prison next to the Stadium after someone brought up Santonio's arrest:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bro...you cannot even compare the two. If this were Henry's first time, no probs, it happens to some people. On his second charge, then, well...he's having a rough time. But the third arrest since December? That's an arrest every other month!?!?!

Now, let's look at and compare the charges:

Santonio:
- He did not get off of the street as fast as the LE Official would have liked. And officials even stated in a follow on comment that were it not for the celebrations occurring that weekend, he would "probably" not have even been arrested. = minor.

Henry
- 1) Concealed weapon outside of a nightclub. There is no mistaking that. You just do not "forget" that you are armed.
- 2) Possesion of Marijuana. Plead guilty, 'nuff said.
- 3) Driving while under the influence (BAC = .092). Hmmmmm, 82 in a 65 with a .092 BAC. I'm, personally, not all that concerned about his welfare....but what about the possibility/probability of killing some innocent person coming home from work, or returning from a school function? This is not just irresponsibility...it is blatant "I am better and do not care about other human beings."

Sorry.....but this is a tendency, not an isolated occurrence, and his retribution should be far greater than what will likely occur.

Ohio Steeler
06-05-2006, 03:07 AM
More like how to become an elite receiver and better person off-the-field, smart@$$.

LOL

ok we are talking about Chad Johnson teaching Chris Henry how to be a better person off-the-field , now thats funny a thug teaching a thug how to be better person off-the-field along with an elite receiver, when he him self are neither

Livinginthe past
06-05-2006, 05:16 AM
LOL

ok we are talking about Chad Johnson teaching Chris Henry how to be a better person off-the-field , now thats funny a thug teaching a thug how to be better person off-the-field along with an elite receiver, when he him self are neither

If Chad Johnson isn't an 'elite' receiver, then who in the NFL is?

NM

BengalBrian
06-05-2006, 07:31 AM
LOL

:rolleyes:
You say some pretty dumb shit

Suitanim
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
"He's nothing like that punk Santonio Holmes, though"

< Dumbassed Bengals Fan >

BengalBrian
06-05-2006, 09:12 AM
"He's nothing like that punk Santonio Holmes, though"

< Dumbassed Bengals Fan >

Did I upset you so much that you need to take shots at me from outide the smack forum?

Yer wife did it.. Not me

BB2W
06-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I heard them talking about this on the radio yesterday, but I didn't know if it was true. I'm not suprised... :pity:

Suitanim
06-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Did I upset you so much that you need to take shots at me from outide the smack forum?

Yer wife did it.. Not me

I display a general quote, and you claim it's tailored to fit, thereby acknowledging that you are, in fact, a "dumbassed Bengals fan".

What a ****ing toolbox you are for walking right into that one...

Really, you need to stop. Now. You've lost every single exchange so far, and now it's just getting silly...

BengalBrian
06-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I display a general quote, and you claim it's tailored to fit, thereby acknowledging that you are, in fact, a "dumbassed Bengals fan".

What a ****ing toolbox you are for walking right into that one....
Yea.. Thats what happened

Suitanim
06-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Yea.. Thats what happened

See, these things are just whooshing right over your head...you can't hang, never could, and it's painfully obvious to all (well, except to you).

Stop making a fool out of yourself...

BengalBrian
06-05-2006, 10:09 AM
See, these things are just whooshing right over your head...you can't hang, never could, and it's painfully obvious to all (well, except to you).

Stop making a fool out of yourself...
This isnt even a smack thread.. Why dont you follow the rules of your own site??? :shake01:

Hines86Ward
06-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I met Chris Henry last season, and he was 100 times nicer than Chad Johnson was. It's a shame that this guy is wasting his talent....

Steel12
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
I know Chris Henry's cousin and he is far from a thug. He's just young and immature. He has good people around him.

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I know Chris Henry's cousin and he is far from a thug. He's just young and immature. He has good people around him.

The guy was busted twice with a firearm and on one occasion waving it into a crowd of people. If that doesnt' scream thug, I don't know what actions have to take place in order for that bum to be considered a thug punk. Oh wait, does he need to commit a drive-by first and kill somebody? How foolish of me. :dang:

Getting busted for drinking in public or getting into a fight is young and immature. Chris Henry's rap sheet screams thug-punk. That's great you know his cousin, but his actions are proof enough in my book.

Jimmy James
06-05-2006, 11:13 AM
The guy was busted twice with a firearm and on one occasion waving it into a crowd of people. If that doesnt' scream thug, I don't know what actions have to take place in order for that bum to be considered a thug punk. Oh wait, does he need to commit a drive-by first and kill somebody? How foolish of me. :dang:

Getting busted for drinking in public or getting into a fight is young and immature. Chris Henry's rap sheet screams thug-punk. That's great you know his cousin, but his actions are proof enough in my book.

You didn't even mention the incident a few weeks ago where he loaned his credit card out to a buddy. It was notable because it landed him in the middle of a *rape* investigation for a moment. That doesn't exactly speak well of the quality of the folks he hangs with.

BB2W
06-05-2006, 11:19 AM
You didn't even mention the incident a few weeks ago where he loaned his credit card out to a buddy. It was notable because it landed him in the middle of a *rape* investigation for a moment. That doesn't exactly speak well of the quality of the folks he hangs with.
I forgot about that too... wow. :shake02:

It's hard to keep up with all of Henry's run ins with the law.

clevestinks
06-05-2006, 11:28 AM
The dude definitley has issues! He needs to go to church!

Steel12
06-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Maybe you don't know the definition of a thug. So many people have guns in their cars and don't get caught...all of them aren't thugs. Waving it in a crowd of people is inaccurat...he was waving it in the air lol...still dumb, I agree. But that doesn't make him a thug punk. Bad decisions are what I see. His cousin knows him better than anyone here so I'll take his word. He's disappointed as well...

Steel12
06-05-2006, 11:42 AM

When I said he has good people around him, I was speaking of his family not his friends. Of course he's going to still be with his boys...you can't just forget about the people that grew up with you. He does need to make better decisions though...

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Maybe you don't know the definition of a thug. So many people have guns in their cars and don't get caught...all of them aren't thugs. Waving it in a crowd of people is inaccurat...he was waving it in the air lol...still dumb, I agree. But that doesn't make him a thug punk. Bad decisions are what I see. His cousin knows him better than anyone here so I'll take his word. He's disappointed as well...

Well, I wouldn't expect his cousin to make negative statements towards his cousin. Of course he's going to stick up for his cousin. I'm sure he would make him out to be the poster boy of gun safety and mental stability.

Bad decisions? Well, I've never heard of a good decision when somebody get's arrested on three different occasions in a six month span. I'll stick to my opinion. I'm also willing to bet this thug will get arrested again before all is said and done. All in time.

Steel12
06-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Well, I wouldn't expect his cousin to make negative statements towards his cousin. Of course he's going to stick up for his cousin. I'm sure he would make him out to be the poster boy of gun safety and mental stability.

Bad decisions? Well, I've never heard of a good decision when somebody get's arrested on three different occasions in a six month span. I'll stick to my opinion. I'm also willing to bet this thug will get arrested again before all is said and done. All in time.

I said he cousin was disappointed in him as well...read it again!

Didn't say you had to change your opinion. Keep it...but I'll stick to mine. He didn't grow up gettin in trouble and bein a "thug punk" so I say bad decisions on his part.

BB2W
06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
NFL policy says any player who admits or is convicted of a second crime will be suspended. And, even though it is Henry?s first alcohol-related offense, NFL policy states the commissioner can suspend a player (if he cops a plea or is convicted) if there has been prior drug misconduct.

Near the end of last season, when his six touchdown catches led all rookie receivers, Henry was arrested Dec. 15 for possession of marijuana and ended up pleading to a $250 fine. After waving a Lugar at a crowd of people in late January, he was charged with three felonies that have been dropped to one - illegal possession of a firearm.

After his Florida trial was pushed back, it looked like Henry wouldn?t be facing an NFL suspension this season for a second offense.

Under guidelines in the collective bargaining agreement, the Bengals can cut a player only because of skill reasons. But if they decided to release Henry after three arrests, would they be faced with a grievance and would they lose it? If the Bengals cut Henry, they would absorb a $173,000 hit on this year?s salary cap. Since it?s after June 1, they would be charged only this year?s bonus pro-ration. Next year, they would have about $519,000 in dead money.

The Bengals won?t comment on the Henry case until it is resolved legally.

Henry has yet to practice this spring since suffering what head coach Marvin Lewis called a knee sprain on the same play quarterback Carson Palmer ripped up his knee in the Wild Card game against the Steelers.

At least some of the leading candidates for Henry's No. 3 receiver job (if it's available) are second-year man Tab Perry, Packers free-agent pickup Antonio Chatman, and Kelley Washington.

link: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5282

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
It's hard to keep up with all of Henry's run ins with the law.

lol, that pretty much sums it up and my point exactly. :sofunny:

qtk1
06-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I wish the bengals would cut him. He is to damn stupid to stay out of troublem so he is to stupid to play for them. He can be replaced. He isnt that great.

Suitanim
06-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I wish the bengals would cut him. He is to damn stupid to stay out of troublem so he is to stupid to play for them. He can be replaced. He isnt that great.

You're stating that Henry is stupid? That's a pretty sad state of affairs for Mr. Henry...

Ohio Steeler
06-05-2006, 01:54 PM
If Chad Johnson isn't an 'elite' receiver, then who in the NFL is?

NM

to me Chad Johnson is not an elite receiver because of the way he acts an elite receiver is someone with class, someone who goes out there and plays the game for the game and does not act like a 5 year old...

Jimmy James
06-05-2006, 01:59 PM
to me Chad Johnson is not an elite receiver because of the way he acts an elite receiver is someone with class, someone who goes out there and plays the game for the game and does not act like a 5 year old...

So...by that logic, Joey Porter must not be an elite linebacker.

Livinginthe past
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM

I would then ask you..are Randy Moss and Terrell Owens elite receivers?

NM

Steel12
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM

lol..wow, what great logic *sarcasm*

CantStop85
06-05-2006, 07:45 PM
:sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-05-2006, 07:58 PM

Sorry but I totally disagree with you. Chad Johnson is among the top recievers in the NFL. There isn't to many recievers I would take over him. Now when you factor in heart then thats why I would take Hines Ward over him. Thats the Steelers homer in me. But there isn't to many other recievers I would take over CJ. I would take Steve Smith and maybe Torry Holt.

Yea I know I left out Mr. Owens and Randy Moss. But I see what T.O. did to the Eagels and noway I would want him. What ever you feel about CJ. I havn't seen him destroy a team like Owens did with the Eagles. Reason I wouldn't take Randy Moss. Moss probally has the most pure talent in the league but Randy takes so many plays off that I wouldn't want him. One thing I can say about CJ despite his little circus act I have never seen CJ take a play off.

BengalBrian
06-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Props to those of you keeping in real, in a real thread