PDA

View Full Version : Colon suffers arm injury

effyou515
09-12-2011, 12:37 PM
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/20036/Sources--Steelers--Colon-suffers-arm-injury/Default.aspx

Fozell Adams might be back?

Colon what a waste of money.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
He has an ear injury too, because apparently he didn't hear ben hike the ball as everyone and their mother was running by him. Of course that was if he didnt false start or hold the other player.

BossAus
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Scott Brown reporting Colon suffered a triceps injury late in the fourth, one that may end his season.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM
man, when it rains it pours. time to sign flozell? or maybe gilbert, though i was really hoping gilbert would replace jonathan scott. that guy is just a roethlisberger injury waiting to happen.

on a side note, when i read the title i couldn't help but snicker. i think yesterdays ass kicking gave the entire steelers team a colon injury

tanda10506
09-12-2011, 01:28 PM
This offensive line is such a joke. Sometimes the guy across from you is just stronger and more aware that day, which is most likely why our D line played so bad yesterday. The D line came out playing like it didn't matter, as if it were a scrimmage, and the Ravens O line came out fired up and 'dozing people over. But this O line is just flat horrible. Not because they played worse then our D line, but because they play like this every game. Colon is injured, so we are going to replace a bad tackle with some backup bad tackle, I don't think we will see much of a drop off. Colon isn't that good and the line could hardly get worse. We all knew this would happen ( the line being horrible and injuries), almost everyone on this forum knew it, and to the credit of the front office they did draft for it. Problem is we didn't need to only draft for it, Gilbert might be good in a few years, but we need somebody now, we need a few now. Should have kept Adams and got another LT in free agency. I know that's not Steelers style but hell, you can't keep having an O line this bad.

BIGNASTY91
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
If this is true the hotel will be in black & gold by tomorrow!! :tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
so what does that say about our 2nd round pick ? it's bad enough that they couldn't work him in at guard for a year , but if they have to look elsewhere out of desperation that doesn't exactly speak well for the confidence they have in a high draft pick. :banging:

JCPsteelers
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I like bringing back the hotel. In fact I always thought Colon should be at guard anyway.

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
I like bringing back the hotel. In fact I always thought Colon should be at guard anyway.
adams probably weighs 600 pounds by now.

55BaileyFan
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Goodbye Colon...hello Starks or Flozell.

stb_steeler
09-12-2011, 04:42 PM
With Colon out, the penalty calls should drop........:wink02:

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
With Colon out, the penalty calls should drop........:wink02:

number of sacks will rise exponentially. you know the backup at RT is chris scott right? we're screwed unless we can somehow get flozell back AND hope he's actually in football shape, which i doubt.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/willie-colon-to-have-surgery-on-torn-triceps-likely-out-season/

colon likely out for the season. how is trai essex at RT?

Steelersfan87
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Bruce Arians said that Marcus Gilbert is the third tackle. I expect to see him play at least most of the year at one of the tackle positions now that Colon is out unless they bring back either Starks or Adams.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Bruce Arians said that Marcus Gilbert is the third tackle. I expect to see him play at least most of the year at one of the tackle positions now that Colon is out unless they bring back either Starks or Adams.

I'm all in favor of gilbert getting play time, but i was hoping he'd be forcing jonathan scott's ass to the bench. oh well, i guess we have to make do with what we got.

Steelersfan87
09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm all in favor of gilbert getting play time, but i was hoping he'd be forcing jonathan scott's ass to the bench. oh well, i guess we have to make do with what we got.

I agree, I was hoping it would be Gilbert at LT and Colon at RT with Scott as the 3rd, swing tackle. But, shit happens. I am interested to see if they ride with Gilbert or pick up Starks or Adams though. We'll see in the next couple days I'm sure.

StainlessStill
09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I've about had it with this offensive line BULLSHIT. Had it.:banging:

tanda10506
09-12-2011, 06:49 PM

I agree, it's ridiculous. I usually am pretty happy with the moves of the front office, but lately they just do not properly address the O line. To their credit, they drafted for it last year and this year. Pouncey worked out and I think Gilbert will too, but it was bad last year and Gilbert will not make it good this year. Everybody's job except for Pouncey's should have been up for grabs and they should have been looking for some FA O linemen. I agree with a lot of what the FO did this offseason but they can't just keep drafting one or two guys a year and hope it works out. While they have Pouncey they need to start Gilbert and get some FA with some years left in them to play the other spots. Hopefully we will at least get Flozell back for this year.

Wallabeast17
09-12-2011, 07:13 PM

I know same here. At least the CB spot was addressed with some nice talent(course when will they see the field)

I feel terribly sorry Maurkice Pouncey. He puts so much work in an is Pro Bowl center but yet he plays with this shit OLine

Steelersfan87
09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
People actually think that Flozell Adams today is a better option than Willie Colon? Ugh...The RT spot will be a downgrade no matter who they get to play there in place of Colon.

ricardisimo
09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I've mentioned this elsewhere: Kugler always gets props for getting the most out of his players, but he also has a trail of bodies in his wake. His tenure in Buffalo is nothing short of a bloodbath, and it appears to be continuing here.

Steelersfan87
09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Coincidence.

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 07:40 PM
v4jGSvxCRp4&feature=related

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
tape that shit up you pansy, hines ward plays without an ACL, im sure playing without a couple ligaments in your arm is no problemo dude :thumbsup:

ricardisimo
09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Coincidence.
We think not.

SteelCurtain5643
09-12-2011, 07:52 PM
This is just wonderful news, this offensive line is gonna be shit without Colon. And if we bring Flozell back thats horrible, the guy is a walking penalty flag. I've never seen anyone draw so many flags...Whatever we do idk, but I dont wanna see anymore of the disgrace I saw on Sunday. First time in a while I actually turned a game off

BKAnthem
09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
If only the evaluated O Line talent like they do WR and LB.....what did we need more a Worilds or a RG?

Mick0311
09-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear about this, I thought we both made it out relatively injury free. Tough break.

effyou515
09-12-2011, 08:17 PM
1st

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 08:22 PM
theres already a thread on the subject.

effyou515
09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Gilbert RT thats where a rookie should start in the NFL.

effyou515
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
theres already a thread on the subject.

I know the other thread is the double but I'm new.

TRH
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
What a potentially great team (yes, i know we made the SB last year so save it..), if we even had an average O-Line. I'm starting to get so frustrated with our garbage, high-school quality O-Line i want to scream and gouge my eyes out with a fork. How could this be????
If i was Ben, i'd take out a half-billion insurance policy on myself immediately. At least his new wife should, cause he's going to be killed before the season ends.

stb_steeler
09-12-2011, 08:45 PM
number of sacks will rise exponentially. you know the backup at RT is chris scott right? we're screwed unless we can somehow get flozell back AND hope he's actually in football shape, which i doubt.

Let me give Flo a call to see how many dunkins he had lately.......Im sure he's up to it!

CaliStillersFan
09-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Letting the Ratbirds pickup Gurode and McKinnie before the season started left me scratching my head. I hate questioning the people in the Steelers FO, but how in the world could they let that happen after watching our pathetic line over the past few years? As far as Colon being out for the year - who cares, whether they bring in someone to replace him or if they decide to use Gilbert, it won't matter because whoever gets the job can't be much worse than Colon was yesterday. And I don't want to hear about how many Super Bowls we've been to recently. None of that will mean crap once Ben is out for the season with a blown ACL because he's constantly needing to run for his life, it's only a matter of time.

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 09:07 PM
my bad, effyou. we'll see about getting that one merged with yours (which has a better thread title anyways).

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 10:25 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/EdBouchette/status/113408384140722176

steelers contacted flozell adams, lets see if anything comes of it

if they do sign him again, will he be in football shape? that's my main concern. the big fellas i'd imagine are least likely to be working out in the offseason, i hope i'm wrong in this case

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 10:31 PM
if they do sign him again, will he be in football shape?

who cares? set him out there in a lawn chair. it will take defenders atleast 2.5 seconds to run around him.

mckinney was dumped by the vikings for being 400 lbs. he looked like the next coming of jonothan ogden at 384.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
if they do sign him again, will he be in football shape?

who cares? set him out there in a lawn chair. it will take defenders atleast 2.5 seconds to run around him.

mckinney was dumped by the vikings for being 400 lbs. he looked like the next coming of jonothan ogden at 384.

i guess you have a point :rofl:

Draft King
09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Does anyone on here know which arm Colon injured? I've scoured the internet, read numerous news stories, and even looked at game recaps, but I haven't found any information about which arm is hurt.

I realize that it's rather immaterial relative to his ability to potentially return this year for the Steelers, but it would be nice to know since I'm working on a column about major injuries sustained yesterday and would like to have as much pertinent information on Colon's injury as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

pancake
09-13-2011, 05:32 AM
:injured::sinking::sinking::hide:

An already bad OL didn't need this...

Navy86
09-13-2011, 06:26 AM
:injured::sinking::sinking::hide:

An already bad OL didn't need this...

It may be exactly what we need. We hopefully sign Flo. Of course, I'm banking that he performs as well as last year...and while not perfect, better than Colon IMO. Either that or it forces Tomlin to play Gilbert, he gets a couple of games under his belt against Seattle and the Colts before meeting Houston, and maybe develops throughout the year to be a starting caliber OT. That's a lot of "ifs", I know...but I'm trying to hold on to hope!

Kingmagyar
09-13-2011, 06:46 AM
In Hindsight wouldn't our line look better today if Bryant Mckinnie, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Andre Gurode, and Flozell Adams were playing right now. 4 out of 5 are former pro bowlers.

Will still have a roster spot free so why not bring in Flozell or Starks? Whoever is in better shape. And how about Mike McGlynn formerly of Pitt and the Philadelphia Eagles to be a backup or RG starter as he can play all the positions on the line. Cut Chris Scott to make room for him or anyone who can actually play now.