PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Lists The Steelers As Huge Favorites vs Seattle

SlackerCSB
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
They are favored by 16! I think we'll be just fine. Shrug off the Balt game and get ready for next week.

GMU Steeler
09-12-2011, 12:52 PM
We do traditionally well after tough losses. I think the Seahawks are in for a nasty surprise next week. Just gotta rebound and move on, and learn from mistakes made yesterday. That's the only thing that can be done. Can't let it dwell and linger.

SlackerCSB
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
We do traditionally well after tough losses. I think the Seahawks are in for a nasty surprise next week. Just gotta rebound and move on, and learn from mistakes made yesterday. That's the only thing that can be done. Can't let it dwell and linger.

Agreed. Early season NFL means very little. Just get to your bye week at 2-2 or 3-3 and get hot at the end of the season. I remember how the sky was falling after the Philly game a few years ago - and then we went on to pick up our 6th ring. :tt:

GMU Steeler
09-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Agreed. Early season NFL means very little. Just get to your bye week at 2-2 or 3-3 and get hot at the end of the season. I remember how the sky was falling after the Philly game a few years ago - and then we went on to pick up our 6th ring. :tt:

People were panicking after the New England game last year too and then we made the SB. But yep, I am a little worried, I won't lie but it's still early and a lot of foot ball to be played. People just need to realize that this is still the same team that went to the Super Bowl last year. We need to improve certainly but people acting like the season is lost are being chicken littles pure and simple.

Steeldude
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
16 is a little much, IMO.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
seattle is weak and they have to travel across the country to play us. if we don't win this game big, then that causes more concern than the baltimore disaster

Steel_Bus_24
09-12-2011, 01:13 PM
if we come out flat after that ugly ass display, then nothing is going to get these guys motivated and the mindset is just totally wrong this year

ggoldman
09-12-2011, 01:54 PM

I hope we're not 2-2 or 3-3 by then, because the bye week is in week 11

steeltheone
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Pittsburgh Central Catholic HS Could beat Seattle.

tanda10506
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I have no doubt we will beat them, it's how we beat them. The pass coverage has to be better ( I know it will never be great) and that starts with pressure. I'll be looking at that D line a lot. Ben has to step up, the interceptions yesterday were unbelievable, nearly video game status the way they were thrown, ridiculous. With these receivers this should be an explosive offense, he has to step it up and play like we are used to him playing. Another big thing I think to watch for is how are they hitting and running around? If they are lazy running, or whatever you would call how they were running yesterday, then it could be a long year. I'm looking for these guys to be flying around laying "the wood" on some Seahawks. If Ben doesn't at least get the passing game going "well" and if our guys our slow and unprepared then the rest of the season looks ugly. We come out moving the ball and knock someone the f*&^ out, then there's still a good chance we can win this year, just HAVE to fix the O line and the #2 corner.

GunnerB
09-12-2011, 11:51 PM
seattle is weak and they have to travel across the country to play us. if we don't win this game big, then that causes more concern than the baltimore disaster

:thumbsup:

JustinM
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
NOOOO I wish they would have predicted us to LOSE against Seahawks. Now we're jinxed!
(but maybe me calling out the jinx erases the jinx??)

tony hipchest
09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
16 is a little much, IMO.

i agree...

id have no problem with taking seattle and the points, and if i lost, i'd be glad.

we flat out lost plenty of these gimme games in 2006 and 2009 (years coming off a sb).

seattle beating us would be no worse than the chiefs, browns or raiders beating us in 3 consecutive weeks, 2 years ago. :noidea:

MACH1
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM
i agree...

id have no problem with taking seattle and the points, and if i lost, i'd be glad.

we flat out lost plenty of these gimme games in 2006 and 2009 (years coming off a sb).

seattle beating us would be no worse than the chiefs, browns or raiders beating us in 3 consecutive weeks, 2 years ago. :noidea:

It is if you have a friend thats a seachicken fanboy. :chuckle:

JustinM
09-13-2011, 03:06 AM
It is if you have a friend thats a seachicken fanboy. :chuckle:

In all of my life i have never met one. What are they like? Are they just like you and I??
:rofl:

MACH1
09-13-2011, 08:58 AM
In all of my life i have never met one. What are they like? Are they just like you and I??
:rofl:

Their just like you've heard about.
Whinny bitch ass crybabies. :sofunny:

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 09:15 AM
first 13 weeks really dont matter as long as your in striking distance for the playoffs... get hot at the end of season, then run train in the playoffs..

just look at recent winners,

packers,

giants,

steelers

steelax04
09-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Can't believe no one posted this yet.

"Trap game." :chuckle:

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 10:03 AM
trap game?

it'd be a trap game, if they won big last week,

and were only a small favorite this week.

if anything ravens are a trap game candiate

steelax04
09-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Trap game was a phrase that was overused on this board a while back. I added the smilie as it was a joke.

Rick5895
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
NO doubt we put a 35 burger on them but the only theing that worries me, and I mean THE ONLY THING, is Leon Washington. Our kick coverage teams are still below average

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I worry about this game. Not because of the whuppin the Steelers just took, but because the Seahawks are still an NFL team that won a playoff game last year and they understand the Steelers will be looking to take their frustration out on them ... they know they will be involved in a brutal game and will try to match the intensity. I firmly believe the Steelers assumed the Ravens would just fall apart when they took the field last Sunday. Hopefully, they won't think that about the Seahawks. And to the poster that mentioned the Seahawks not being able to beat a high school team, well, it was the Steelers who looked like they were playing on the high school level. So hopefully our boys will take the field next weekend as if they are looking to avenge the last two losses.

SoCalFan
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I would hate to be a member of the seahags this week,hell I would hate to be a Steeler at practice this week as well,hopefully the coaching staff is putting it down on the team!!!

MACH1
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
I would hate to be a member of the seahags this week,hell I would hate to be a Steeler at practice this week as well,hopefully the coaching staff is putting it down on the team!!!

Hopefully the coaching staff will be prepared this time.

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Trap game was a phrase that was overused on this board a while back. I added the smilie as it was a joke.

gotcha! :tt:

if they think its a trap game,
to go with that, why are steeler fans always so darn pessimistic?