PDA

View Full Version : Steelers projected to be 25 million over cap for 2012

JCPsteelers
09-12-2011, 05:37 PM
according to schefter

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

3rdandlong
09-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Aaron Smith will be gone, I know that. Maybe we can't sign Wallace. I don't know who else will have to go to clear cap space

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
good article on the subject...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/are-the-steelers-headed-for-salary-cap-hell-in-2012/

OX1947
09-12-2011, 06:46 PM
SIGH, people, we were 10 million over this last off season, and the Steelers signed 4 guys to long term deals. You guys do know about the the new contracts coming next year, the salary cap is going to blow up. Relax, Steelers signing key guys isnt the issue, especially their young players. The issue they need to control is turnovers on this team.

OX1947
09-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Aaron Smith and James Farrior, I believe will retire. Steelers will release Kemo, Foote, and mcFadden. Keisel could take a pay cut or get released as well.

I just can not see the Steelers letting a bonafide All pro at reciever go. And with Sanders and Brown coming into their own, you do not let those guys go when you have a Qb in his prime. Mendenhall will have to have a year like last year to get signed, otherwise I can see the Steelers letting him go, although that would be a burner if we did.

MasterOfPuppets
09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
SIGH, people, we were 10 million over this last off season, and the Steelers signed 4 guys to long term deals. You guys do know about the the new contracts coming next year, the salary cap is going to blow up. Relax, Steelers signing key guys isnt the issue, especially their young players. The issue they need to control is turnovers on this team.
and how exactly do you think they got under the cap ?
they restructured some other deals like bens. so what they've done is push some money owed this year into the future. sooner or later you gotta pay the piper.

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 07:04 PM
last nights jets vs dallas game was the highest rated sunday night reg season game ever.

the money will come. but it is true that some players will retire or be shown the door and be put on a plane to arizona.

Steelersfan87
09-12-2011, 07:29 PM
and how exactly do you think they got under the cap ?
they restructured some other deals like bens. so what they've done is push some money owed this year into the future. sooner or later you gotta pay the piper.

The piper has a lot more leeway come the 2013 season with new tv contracts.

pancake
09-13-2011, 06:35 AM
last nights jets vs dallas game was the highest rated sunday night reg season game ever.

the money will come. but it is true that some players will retire or be shown the door and be put on a plane to arizona.

I'm pretty sure their is a direct flight from Pittsburgh to Arizona.

effyou515
09-13-2011, 01:45 PM
it will be interesting the next couple of years watching the Steelers change in to the unknown.

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 02:39 PM
here we go with more panic from everyone...

seems like alot of people think were gonna go 0-16 the next 2 years.

cant imagine were the only team over the cap, im sure teams like jets, eagles etc will all have issues

kirklandrules
09-13-2011, 04:44 PM
IN COLBERT I TRUST. The Steelers have never had a cap problem through the good work Colbert and Omar Khan have produced. They are the pinnicale of cap experts within the league and until they screw it up, I'm not going to waste time worrying about it. There have been prior years where panic has set in regarding the cap with very little impact to the success of the team. Also, Schefter and others really are not cap experts (they just report what others tell them)... so I'm not going to sweat anything they write about. :coffee:

OX1947
09-13-2011, 06:28 PM
The piper has a lot more leeway come the 2013 season with new tv contracts.

ahhhhhhhhh, thank you. Exactly.