PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Vs Patriots

Deserei90
09-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Usually I hold back what I have to say ahead of time, but after seeing what The Patriots are doing tonight. The Steelers could very well be in trouble come Oct 30. I really really hate saying this. if Flacco could tear us up, Brady and Bellicheck are probably licking there chops. I hate to see The Steelers get embarrassed against them again. I just pray they show up & play with heart! Because I'm worried!

tanda10506
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Usually I hold back what I have to say ahead of time, but after seeing what The Patriots are doing tonight. The Steelers could very well be in trouble come Oct 30. I really really hate saying this. if Flacco could tear us up, Brady and Bellicheck are probably licking there chops. I hate to see The Steelers can embarrassed against them again. I just pray they show up! I'm worried!

Really looking ahead on the schedule. We will know the next few games what Steelers team we have this year. I want to see them win some games before I look forward to the Patriots game.

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
if b-mac is still our #2 cb we have zero chance against the pats

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
while we play the seahawks this week its nice to see the patriots are in our (fans... tomlin better kick any player in the ass for thinking that far ahead) heads deeper than the steelers were in the ravens.

:coffee:

StainlessStill
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Usually I hold back what I have to say ahead of time, but after seeing what The Patriots are doing tonight. The Steelers could very well be in trouble come Oct 30. I really really hate saying this. if Flacco could tear us up, Brady and Bellicheck are probably licking there chops. I hate to see The Steelers get embarrassed against them again. I just pray they show up & play with heart! Because I'm worried!

No need to look that late in the season. It would be nice to just come back after Baltimore and get win #1 on the season! The way we played yesterday, New England wouldn't be the only team to embarrass us.

Deserei90
09-12-2011, 09:44 PM
No need to look that late in the season. It would be nice to just come back after Baltimore and get win #1 on the season! The way we played yesterday, New England wouldn't be the only team to embarrass us.
I know, it's just losing colon, everyone saying same old O-line, Aging defense. It's starting to piss me off. It's like people are already predicting our season down the toilet.:doh:

ETL
09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I feel like our team has not won a playoff game in over 4 years.... oh wait, that's the Pats and not us.

I hate these Chicken Littles - because when they are wrong - they will not bring up how they were whining and worrying but if they are right - they will remind us over and over again at how they should have been made assistant GM and Colbert should have followed all the player moves they suggest

Let's just see what happens. Even if we go 1-3, I will still have hope for our team as they are a veteran team and know this is a long season

SH-Rock
09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
It'll be a shootout. Hopefully Ben and the receivers can work so chemistry and give us a remote chance.

tony hipchest
09-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I know, it's just losing colon, everyone saying same old O-line, Aging defense. It's starting to piss me off. It's like people are already predicting our season down the toilet.:doh:

you started this thread, did you not? because it sounds like you are the one pissing the season down the toilet.

in 2001 the steelers suffered a humiliating 21-3 defeat down in jacksonville in the season opener.

go take a look how they fared the rest of the way.

Deserei90
09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
you started this thread, did you not? because it sounds like you are the one pissing the season down the toilet.

in 2001 the steelers suffered a humiliating 21-3 defeat down in jacksonville in the season opener.

go take a look how they fared the rest of the way.
I'm just going by what people see it as. I'm not trying to piss down the season yet, but their are concerns that worried me a little. Yes concerned, but that don't mean I agree that our defense is aging, The O-line is a different story. When I said people maybe I should have said me:doh:. Sorry to confuse you. I guess I'll wait and see how things go.

JustinM
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
man if i was the coach of any team playing against us this year i'd tell my players to include 'how the Ravens slaughtered us' in their trash talking routine.

PhantomJB93
09-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Ras-I Dowling looked great tonight...

Fire Arians
09-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Ras-I Dowling looked great tonight...

what makes belichick great imo is his ability to get rookies and 2nd year players ready to play football.

OX1947
09-12-2011, 10:46 PM
The issue isn't the o line or the defense right now. Its the quarterback and the decisions being made at that position from coordinator to player that are killing momentum and putting the defense in shitty spots. Steelers have talent in all the skill positions on offense and yet they cant move the ball consistently and worse, they turn the ball over too many times.

ETL
09-12-2011, 11:05 PM
what makes belichick great imo is his ability to get rookies and 2nd year players ready to play football.

What makes him great is having a great QB in Brady....

Without him, he's still a good coach but he probably won't be identified as "great"

Deserei90
09-12-2011, 11:25 PM

Without him, he's still a good coach but he probably won't be identified as "great"Do you think he's better than Vince Lombardi? Because that's exactly what this sports writer guy thinks after seeing the Pats game. And of course Pats Fans agree with him.

Sixburgher
09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Do you think he's better than Vince Lombardi? Because that's exactly what this sports writer guy thinks after seeing the Pats game. And of course Pats Fans agree.

Lombardi didn't cheat. He also never compiled a sub .500 record with another team before being anointed the "best ever".

MACH1
09-12-2011, 11:34 PM

He will always be seen as a cheat. If cheating makes you great*. All those wins didn't come by normal means.

Deserei90
09-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Lombardi didn't cheat.:chuckle:

steelerjim58
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Without him, he's still a good coach but he probably won't be identified as "great"

I would respectfully disagree. I think that the patriots are one example of coaching being the difference, the 49ers of Walsh being another.

steeltheone
09-13-2011, 02:09 AM
The issue isn't the o line or the defense right now. Its the quarterback and the decisions being made at that position from coordinator to player that are killing momentum and putting the defense in shitty spots. Steelers have talent in all the skill positions on offense and yet they cant move the ball consistently and worse, they turn the ball over too many times.

The issue isn't the OL or D? What game were you watching?

Pittsburgh43
09-13-2011, 02:51 AM
I don't know how you can sit there and say that the O-Line or D-Line weren't issues, because obviously there were issues in pretty much all phases of the game.
The O-Line could not block at all. Ben was almost getting sacked on running plays. That tells you right there that there was no time to get set in the pocket to throw the ball. As soon as the ball was snapped, he was under pressure, especially from Ngata and Suggs. It was as if the turnstiles we have playing tackle & guard just let 'em right on through. I know these guys are probowlers and will give every other team fits as well, but damn, at least slow 'em down a bit.
To move to the D-Line, they were getting absolutely no pressure on Flacco. And they should have been, especially against what is an average O-Line of the Ravens. I mean they just signed McKinnie like a week ago and he looked so good that Phil Simms was about to leave the booth to go suck him off. Don't even get me started on Simms, what a douche.

But i have complete faith that this team will pick themselves up, pull it together and play Steelers football starting with Seattle. I wanna see complete domination. I wanna see bone-crunching hits and blind-sided sacks, maybe even a few fines thrown in there. I also wanna see this offense put up the points that it's capable of scoring, 30+. I'll start to be worrisome if Seattle takes this to the wire.

solardave
09-13-2011, 03:25 AM

Sorry. Way to soon to start worrying about Marsha Brady.

ETL
09-13-2011, 07:42 AM
I would respectfully disagree. I think that the patriots are one example of coaching being the difference, the 49ers of Walsh being another.

Dont buy into the ESPN hype. during year without Brady, pats failed to make playoffs.

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
starting the season with an L is okay, 15 other teams did it.

add to that in 03 the pats lost 31-0 on opening day.. and won the superbowl.. lets not panic yet

CTFan
09-13-2011, 08:10 AM
When they change the name of the Super Bowl trophy, then I'll belioeve BB is greater than Lombardi.

ETL
09-13-2011, 08:28 AM

Dont buy into the ESPN hype. during year without Brady, pats failed to make playoffs.

steelfury02
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
players might not be looking ahead but the fans won't be satisfied until we can have another crack at Ravens. Even if the only loss that comes before that is New England they won't be satisfied. Now - if we beat New England we'll really be turning up the heat on Baltimore coming into the game.

Crossing fingers

ebsteelers
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
they were a 11-5 when they missed the playoffs though

steelerjim58
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
they were a 11-5 when they missed the playoffs though..

Thank you. Any competent qb given a year or two to learn the system will be very successful. The only chance ANY d will have against the Packers, Saints or Patriots will be if the weather is terrible or thay have an insanely great pass rush on a given day. Other than that your offense will have to score 30+ points just to be in the game with a chance to win.

Atlanta Dan
09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Patriots also may have a lost a starting offensive lineman for the year last night

No personnel loss can match that of perennial All-Pro and bound for Canton Willie Colon (I know Indy is relieved they only lost Peyton Manning rather than Colon), but I guess since the Pats lost a center their season is over now as well:noidea:

This board always melts down after a loss - since it was not in existence when the the Steelers last lost an opener (in a blowout to ..... the Patriots:jawdrop:) I suppose the existential sense of despair around here and dread about a game that will not be played for 7 weeks is not suprising

lasvegasguy
09-13-2011, 03:51 PM
if b-mac is still our #2 cb we have zero chance against the pats

Unless Casell is playing for an injured Brady we have no chance against the Pats regardless if BMAC is playing or not.

The only reason we made it to 3 Super Bowls recently is because we never had to face the Pats in the playoffs.

That team literally owns us.

Sixburgher
09-13-2011, 04:17 PM
The only reason we made it to 3 Super Bowls recently is because we never had to face the Pats in the playoffs.

And in the process of advancing to 2 of those Super Bowl appearances, we wound up beating the team that knocked them out, and one of them very badly in their own backyard (Denver). It gets tiresome listening to our own fans insinuate we somehow got "lucky" when it was the Patriots who failed to sack up in the postseason.

MACH1
09-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Unless Casell is playing for an injured Brady we have no chance against the Pats regardless if BMAC is playing or not.

That team literally owns us.

Cheating tends to do that.

lasvegasguy
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
And in the process of advancing to 2 of those Super Bowl appearances, we wound up beating the team that knocked them out, and one of them very badly in their own backyard (Denver). It gets tiresome listening to our own fans insinuate we somehow got "lucky" when it was the Patriots who failed to sack up in the postseason.

I guess thank you cards are in order for the Jets and Broncos. Without their help we are probably looking for Super Bowl ring #5.

lasvegasguy
09-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Cheating tends to do that.

That might explain pre 2006. How do you explain the beatdowns since?

Sixburgher
09-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I guess thank you cards are in order for the Jets and Broncos. Without their help we are probably looking for Super Bowl ring #5.

If they were so unbeatable, they would've advanced, and not the Broncos and Jets. But feel free to keep sucking them off.

TRH
09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
even without the blowout loss Sunday, i'm dreading what will almost surely happen that day.

One, Brady will likely get protected well. Which means he'll have all day to throw. Their OL is much better than ours, so in the chance that our LB's are getting back there quick, he'll still have time to throw the short slant pass....unlike Ben, who doesn't even have that.
Two, our backfield will get shredded like swiss cheese. It will be downright ugly.

That's whats likely to happen. Of course, any one team can win on any one day, so its not absolute. We definitely have to "show up" this year though to play....unlike the last time we played them when we would have been better suited to field one of the local Pittsburgh high school teams.

fer522
09-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Really guys!!
almost 2 months away,
2 months away
before we play them foos:doh::doh::doh::doh:

steelerjim58
09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
That might explain pre 2006. How do you explain the beatdowns since?

Does anyone really believe this person is really a Steelers fan?

DanRooney
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Patriots become the first team to score 100 if we make no changes in personnel.

JustinM
09-13-2011, 08:44 PM
i'd put money down that the Pats beat us this year, unfortunately. Of course, we always pull out a W when least expected (and pull out a L when least expected too l0o0ol)

Fire Arians
09-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Patriots become the first team to score 100 if we make no changes in personnel.

if bryant mcfadden is still our #2 corner we can guarantee that

ebsteelers
09-14-2011, 08:37 AM
i question if the steelers have a losing season, how many of you people will still be around in december... all i hear is crying in here, and worrying... the game is 2 months away.. not this week...

why not focus on the seahawks first? then colts then texans

MACH1
09-14-2011, 01:41 PM
i question if the steelers have a losing season, how many of you people will still be around in december... all i hear is crying in here, and worrying... the game is 2 months away.. not this week...

why not focus on the seahawks first? then colts then texans

Because like last sunday, to many people think its a gimme game. :rolleyes:

Kind of like the raiders, browns, bungals and chiefs games in the past.